Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tell me more about why it's ok to abort those dumb, unfeeling fetuses?

+14
InTenSity
Herbie Green
Travis of the Cosmos
Other Teams Pursuing That
msugolfguy
tGreenWay
Cym Jim
Robert J Sakimano
Rocinante
GRR Spartan
Cameron
DWags
Turtleneck
kingstonlake
18 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Tell me more about why it's ok to abort those dumb, unfeeling fetuses? - Page 4 Empty Re: Tell me more about why it's ok to abort those dumb, unfeeling fetuses?

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-08-10, 13:56

LooseGoose wrote:Sorry that a story about a woman placing her child's life in front of her own upsets everyone so much.

It's the story, not your sick comment. Moran.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Tell me more about why it's ok to abort those dumb, unfeeling fetuses? - Page 4 Empty Re: Tell me more about why it's ok to abort those dumb, unfeeling fetuses?

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-08-10, 15:07

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I'm confused since nothing in that article actually suggests that an abortion would help her. It reads as if she's going to die no matter what (that's what the word terminal means fyi) and she's trying to hold to be able to give birth first. So i don't even understand the point Goose is trying to make even if you get past his nutty comments.
he's simply pointing out how selectively inconsistent he is as it relates to who does and doesn't have a beating heart.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-08-10, 15:25

LooseGoose wrote:Sorry that a story about a woman placing her child's life in front of her own upsets everyone so much.

That's not the story.
Not even close.
It's a tragedy.
That's the upsetting part.
Nobody would put themselves over their children.
Well maybe Trump would.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-08-10, 15:54

Doesnt it that then make it a story about a woman's choice?

I assume you are against that right and in favor of a mandatory c sections? (Which there have been cases that killed both the baby and a mother that was not terminally ill)
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-08-10, 16:42

Goose is the old guy putting religious pamphlets on car thinking it's Gods work
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-09-22, 15:19

LooseGoose wrote:It's too bad this woman wasn't brave enough to kill her child to save herself.....she'd be a hero to the abortion crowd then.

Pregnant Michigan mom fights lethal brain tumor, hopes to give birth

Carrie DeKlyen, 37, a mother of five children from Wyoming, Michigan, was diagnosed with Glioblastoma multiforme in April and had surgery to remove the tumor at Mercy Health Saint Mary's Campus in Grand Rapids. Shortly after that, DeKlyen was accepted into a clinical trial at University Hospital for treatment.

Two weeks later, however, the family's plans were altered when it was discovered she was pregnant with her sixth child.

The family is now hoping DeKlyen, who is 21 weeks pregnant, can reach the 28-week mark so that the baby can be delivered.

"It was Carrie and Nick's decision and they chose to continue with trying to have the baby," DeKlyen's sister-in-law Sonya Nelson said. "Everybody who knows Carrie loves her."
Unfortunate news, but the baby has passed away as well. Sad story all around. I won't comment on what choices were made, but thought I would follow up.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to-your-health/wp/2017/09/21/she-chose-to-die-so-she-could-give-birth-now-her-newborn-is-dead-too/?utm_term=.5f49f557835b
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-10-28, 14:35

"Whatever you learn today, please remember this: I am a man with Down syndrome and my life is worth living," Stephens told lawmakers on the committee.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-10-28, 14:54

reminder that an alarming rate of "pro-life" republicans support the death penalty.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-10-28, 15:07

Robert J Sakimano wrote:reminder that an alarming rate of "pro-life" republicans support the death penalty.

And an alarming number of those on death row are mentally challenged. These right wingers are beyond fucked up in the head.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-10-28, 15:25

LooseGoose wrote:"Whatever you learn today, please remember this: I am a man with Down syndrome and my life is worth living," Stephens told lawmakers on the committee.
Asshole
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-10-28, 21:24

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:reminder that an alarming rate of "pro-life" republicans support the death penalty.

And an alarming number of those on death row are mentally challenged. These right wingers are beyond fucked up in the head.
yep.

But that a religious America for you. Joining the likes of Iran, North Korea, China, Saudi Arabia, etc when it comes to having no respect for the sanctity of human life... and the most fragile and vulnerable among us.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-10-29, 10:42

InTenSity wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:"Whatever you learn today, please remember this: I am a man with Down syndrome and my life is worth living," Stephens told lawmakers on the committee.
Asshole

I'm an asshole? Wow. I'd love to hear the logic of why respecting his life makes me an asshole.

Does that mean that if I disagreed and said all Down's children should be aborted that I'd not be an asshole but a helluva guy?

I'm no expert on on people with Down's but I got to know Johnny Nussbaum when I was a teenager, he had Down's and was one of the funniest people I've ever known. Was also a walking encyclopedia on baseball and a helluva guy. John lived a full life for 61 years, call me some more names for feeling that's worth fighting for. Sorry that you think I'm an asshole for thinking Johnny and those like him should be given a chance to live.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-10-29, 10:51

LooseGoose wrote:
InTenSity wrote:
Asshole

I'm an asshole? Wow. I'd love to hear the logic of why respecting his life makes me an asshole.

Does that mean that if I disagreed and said all Down's children should be aborted that I'd not be an asshole but a helluva guy?

I'm no expert on on people with Down's but I got to know Johnny Nussbaum when I was a teenager, he had Down's and was one of the funniest people I've ever known. Was also a walking encyclopedia on baseball and a helluva guy. John lived a full life for 61 years, call me some more names for feeling that's worth fighting for. Sorry that you think I'm an asshole for thinking Johnny and those like him should be given a chance to live.

Maybe you shouldn't have used the word "dumb" in your thread title?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-10-29, 11:12

Keep in mind, the party of "pro life" also wants to take healthcare away from the most vulnerable among us.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-10-29, 11:12

NigelUno wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

You might want to brush up on your English before you lecture me on the use of words. The #1 definition of "dumb" is SPEECHLESS. Sorry that your education didn't cover that. Or maybe you and Intensity are both just looking for something to be pissed about?

I'm still amazed that I'm an asshole in Intensity's opinion because I oppose state sponsored eradication of Down's children. That's what is happening Iceland and essentially what happens here with the pre-natal testing. People are encouraged to end those pregnancies.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-10-29, 11:13

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Keep in mind, the party of "pro life" also wants to take healthcare away from the most vulnerable among us.

When your party is in favor of directly killing children it's best to attempt to swerve the conversation elsewhere.   Good effort. But as you know, no matter how many times you say it health INSURANCE is not health CARE.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-10-29, 13:01

And also, bump stocks don’t make a semi automatic rifle an automatic, Bob. Keep up.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-10-29, 13:38

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:Keep in mind, the party of "pro life" also wants to take healthcare away from the most vulnerable among us.

When your party is in favor of directly killing children it's best to attempt to swerve the conversation elsewhere.   Good effort. But as you know, no matter how many times you say it health INSURANCE is not health CARE.
so you agree that as long as your party supports government-sponsored murder people like me will laugh at them for their "pro-life" jesus tears.

And I'm sorry that your party wants to take healthcare away from millions of Americans.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-10-29, 13:41

Rocinante wrote:And also, bump stocks don’t make a semi automatic rifle an automatic, Bob. Keep up.
isn't it funny how the right will fight for a patriot's right to shoot 600+ people and, at the same time, fight to take away the healthcare of those the patriot shot?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-10-29, 13:44

LooseGoose wrote:

Who's killing children Goose? Because that is a felony and whoever is doing it should be in prison.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-10-29, 13:48

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Who's killing children Goose? Because that is a felony and whoever is doing it should be in prison.
we should pass a law against killing children.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-10-29, 14:50

Zealots don't give a shit about the unborn after they are out of the womb. Then those children become drags on society and "takers".

GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-10-29, 20:32

LooseGoose wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

You might want to brush up on your English before you lecture me on the use of words. The #1 definition of "dumb" is SPEECHLESS. Sorry that your education didn't cover that. Or maybe you and Intensity are both just looking for something to be pissed about?

I'm still amazed that I'm an asshole in Intensity's opinion because I oppose state sponsored eradication of Down's children. That's what is happening Iceland and essentially what happens here with the pre-natal testing. People are encouraged to end those pregnancies.

Out of respect, I'm not going to comment on this any more.

I suggest you do this same.

But, I doubt you will.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-10-29, 20:49

Maybe I'm just starting to hate people who politicize those with downs to push their agenda. It's fucking disingenuous and cynical at best. If anyone have a shit, things wouldn't be the way they are now. Stop thinking two things, downs won't continue to happen, not everyone can deal with having a child with downs and for those that do, there is fuck all for any type of support, so fuck you for saying everyone should have a child when it comes back positive for downs. I wouldn't trade Kyle for anyone, but I'm in no position to tell parents they need to go through with their pregnancy.

Last edited by InTenSity on 2017-10-29, 20:58; edited 1 time in total
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-10-29, 20:54

Goose lives in a fantasy world where he has convinced himself that every state and the Federal government are forcing pregnant women to undergo testing to determine if a child born would have Downs Syndrome. Then if the test confirms Downs Syndrome, the mother is forced to terminate the pregnancy.

Neither is true but that doesn't stop the zealots from spewing lies to promote thei agenda of big government intervening in the personal lives of its citizens.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2017-10-29, 22:13

We declined the Down's testing for both of our children. It didn't matter to us, we would not abort either child anyway. My personal opinion on abortion is that it should only be allowed up to a certain point in the pregnancy, with exceptions for extreme circumstances such as rape or where the mother's life is at risk. I do have a problem with 3rd trimester abortions. Somewhere during the 2nd trimester should be the cut off point in my opinion. Like around 5 months.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-10-30, 07:47

InTenSity wrote:Maybe I'm just starting to hate people who politicize those with downs to push their agenda. It's fucking disingenuous and cynical at best. If anyone have a shit, things wouldn't be the way they are now. Stop thinking two things, downs won't continue to happen, not everyone can deal with having a child with downs and for those that do, there is fuck all for any type of support, so fuck you for saying everyone should have a child when it comes back positive for downs. I wouldn't trade Kyle for anyone, but I'm in no position to tell parents they need to go through with their pregnancy.

y2kMgrad wrote:Maybe I'm just starting to hate people who politicize those with downs to push their agenda. It's fucking disingenuous and cynical at best. If anyone have a shit, things wouldn't be the way they are now. Stop thinking two things, downs won't continue to happen, not everyone can deal with having a child with downs and for those that do, there is fuck all for any type of support, so fuck you for saying everyone should have a child when it comes back positive for downs. I wouldn't trade Kyle for anyone, but I'm in no position to tell parents they need to go through with their pregnancy.

y'all are both great Americans.

(seriously).

Tell me more about why it's ok to abort those dumb, unfeeling fetuses? - Page 4 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2017-10-30, 09:14

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:quick reminder that a large majority of pro-life people support the death penalty.

Tell me more about why it's ok to abort those dumb, unfeeling fetuses? - Page 4 502811600

Bob hauls this tired old shit out. What a false equivalency.

Since 1976 - TOTAL # of convicted felons executed in the United States: 1456

Since Roe v Wade in 1973 - TOTAL # of innocent children aborted mostly for convenience: OVER 58 MILLION

Nice comparison Bob, that should really change some minds.

Thank God!

Can you imagine having 58 million more people here? And how many on welfare? You should thank them for helping this country.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2017-10-30, 09:21

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I'm confused. The same people against gay rights, trans, whatever love to split hairs about abortion and fetuses. Anyone care to help me understand this thought process or do I not want to go that route?

What if that fetus has the gay? Cool to abort?

It's because right wingers are really pro-fetus not pro-life.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-10-30, 09:30

Dendrobates wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Bob hauls this tired old shit out. What a false equivalency.

Since 1976 - TOTAL # of convicted felons executed in the United States: 1456

Since Roe v Wade in 1973 - TOTAL # of innocent children aborted mostly for convenience: OVER 58 MILLION

Nice comparison Bob, that should really change some minds.

Thank God!

Can you imagine having 58 million more people here? And how many on welfare? You should thank them for helping this country.
imagine if one of those 58 million people happened to be an unarmed black kid who was murdered by police.. then they would mock him and his death.

or.. imagine if one of the 58 million people was a military serviceman who was killed in action.. they would say "well, he knew what he was getting into"...

or how about if one of the 58 million people was murdered at the hands of a patriot demonstrating his 2nd Amendment right.. it would be the "price of freedom"...

how about if one of the 58 million people committed a crime and the government decided to put him/her to death for it?

and, at the very least, it would be 58 million more people to take healthcare away from because, well, having healthcare is a privilege.

would be kinda ironic coming from the "pro-life" crowd, right?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-10-30, 18:24

Funny how some here weren't wringing their hands about life when 2 dozen children and teachers at Sandy Hook Elementary were murdered.

Then we heard that gun control wouldn't help.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4