Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tell me more about why it's ok to abort those dumb, unfeeling fetuses?

+14
InTenSity
Herbie Green
Travis of the Cosmos
Other Teams Pursuing That
msugolfguy
tGreenWay
Cym Jim
Robert J Sakimano
Rocinante
GRR Spartan
Cameron
DWags
Turtleneck
kingstonlake
18 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Tell me more about why it's ok to abort those dumb, unfeeling fetuses? - Page 2 Empty Re: Tell me more about why it's ok to abort those dumb, unfeeling fetuses?

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-07-26, 11:26

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:quick reminder that a large majority of pro-life people support the death penalty.

Tell me more about why it's ok to abort those dumb, unfeeling fetuses? - Page 2 502811600

Bob hauls this tired old shit out.   What a false equivalency.

Since 1976 - TOTAL # of convicted felons executed in the United States:  1456

Since Roe v Wade in 1973 - TOTAL # of innocent children aborted mostly for convenience: OVER 58 MILLION

Nice comparison Bob, that should really change some minds.
thanks for providing the data that proves my point that most "pro life" people support the death penalty.

and I'm not here to change minds. I'm here to mock people's sanctimonious hypocrisy about their heartfelt stance regarding the sanctity of human life. Tell me more about why it's ok to abort those dumb, unfeeling fetuses? - Page 2 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Tell me more about why it's ok to abort those dumb, unfeeling fetuses? - Page 2 Empty Re: Tell me more about why it's ok to abort those dumb, unfeeling fetuses?

Post by Guest 2017-07-26, 11:47

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Bob hauls this tired old shit out.   What a false equivalency.

Since 1976 - TOTAL # of convicted felons executed in the United States:  1456

Since Roe v Wade in 1973 - TOTAL # of innocent children aborted mostly for convenience: OVER 58 MILLION

Nice comparison Bob, that should really change some minds.
thanks for providing the data that proves my point that most "pro life" people support the death penalty.

and I'm not here to change minds. I'm here to mock people's sanctimonious hypocrisy about their heartfelt stance regarding the sanctity of human life. Tell me more about why it's ok to abort those dumb, unfeeling fetuses? - Page 2 502811600

and I guess 40,000 abortions per execution is worth making your point.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-07-26, 11:51

Yet no automatic responses regarding the special needs couple in Oregon the OP posted about regarding his alleged outrage about "the Progressive state"

More verbal bomb throwing from this board's computer based terrorist trying to incite.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-07-26, 11:53

Just making the statement that I'm consistently pro-life.

I'm sorry if that bother you, Goose.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-07-26, 23:51

Elective late term abortions are essentially nonexistent.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim 2017-07-27, 00:05

LooseGoose wrote:Since Roe v Wade in 1973 - TOTAL # of innocent children aborted mostly for convenience: OVER 58 MILLION

Seriously Goose. There are clinics within a short drive from you that are killing hundreds upon hundreds, probably thousands upon thousands, of those innocent children that you describe. How can you stand by and do nothing? That's fucking disgusting Goose. How do you sleep at night, knowing children are being murdered down the road? You really care so little about those children being slaughtered that all you're willing to do is grumble about it on the internet? That's fucking pathetic. I can't believe any man could be that weak.

Unless, just spit-balling here, you really don't actually believe the shit you're spouting, and are just full of hateful pseudo-jesusy bullshit?

Nah, that can't be it.
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim 2017-07-27, 00:11

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Just making the statement that I'm consistently pro-life.

Likewise.
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-07-27, 00:15

Rocinante wrote:Elective late term abortions are essentially nonexistent.

Goose posted a link earlier from 2008 and will almost certainly reply with it again. So I'm going to preempt and point out that the original post was talking about 8 months and his link was talking about 5+ months. In other words, it wasn't apples to apples and I'm pretty sure you guys are talking about different things.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-07-27, 08:09

No word from the convient conservative on how that special needs couple in Oregon can raise their children with the small govenment approach.

Guess that outrage was more bullshit than concern.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-07-29, 08:57

Gizmodo seems to think it's terrible news that babies can be saved.....

How New Technology Could Threaten a Woman's Right to Abortion

In April, scientists achieved a major breakthrough that could one day drastically improve the fate of babies born extremely prematurely. Eight premature baby lambs spent their last month of development in an external womb that resembled a high-tech ziplock bag. At the time, the oldest lamb was nearly a year old, and still seemed to be developing normally.

This technology, if it works in humans, could one day prove lifesaving for the 30,000 or so babies each year that are born earlier than 26 weeks into pregnancy.

It could also complicate—and even jeopardize—the right to an abortion in an America in which that right is predicated on whether a fetus is “viable.”

“The Supreme Court has pegged the constitutional treatment of abortion to the viability of a fetus,” I. Glenn Cohen, a Harvard Law School bioethicist, told Gizmodo. “This has the potential to really disrupt things, first by asking the question of whether a fetus could be considered ‘viable’ at the time of abortion if you could place it in an artificial womb.”
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-07-29, 09:09

LooseGoose wrote:Gizmodo seems to think it's terrible news that babies can be saved.....

How New Technology Could Threaten a Woman's Right to Abortion

In April, scientists achieved a major breakthrough that could one day drastically improve the fate of babies born extremely prematurely. Eight premature baby lambs spent their last month of development in an external womb that resembled a high-tech ziplock bag. At the time, the oldest lamb was nearly a year old, and still seemed to be developing normally.

This technology, if it works in humans, could one day prove lifesaving for the 30,000 or so babies each year that are born earlier than 26 weeks into pregnancy.

It could also complicate—and even jeopardize—the right to an abortion in an America in which that right is predicated on whether a fetus is “viable.”

“The Supreme Court has pegged the constitutional treatment of abortion to the viability of a fetus,” I. Glenn Cohen, a Harvard Law School bioethicist, told Gizmodo. “This has the potential to really disrupt things, first by asking the question of whether a fetus could be considered ‘viable’ at the time of abortion if you could place it in an artificial womb.”

That's just step one in the steps where technology will slowly take away your rights. Brilliant in that it will be used as an emotional case and when precedent is set (if it is) and a good portion of America will agree with it, other rights will be taken away slowly.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-07-29, 11:27

The Trumpite from Mio has made 100+ posts and still hasn't given any "conservative" solutions for the special needs couple in Oregon.

More bullshit deflections.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-08-01, 11:33

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Rocinante wrote:Elective late term abortions are essentially nonexistent.

Goose posted a link earlier from 2008 and will almost certainly reply with it again. So I'm going to preempt and point out that the original post was talking about 8 months and his link was talking about 5+ months. In other words, it wasn't apples to apples and I'm pretty sure you guys are talking about different things.

Additionally, his link pointed to many abortions that were medically advised for the safety of the mother.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-08-01, 11:38

Rocinante wrote:

Additionally, his link pointed to many abortions that were medically advised for the safety of the mother.

He doesn't view that as a different thing
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-08-01, 11:44

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me in what other circumstances they support mothers killing their children to save their own lives.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-08-01, 11:47

LooseGoose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

So, it's okay to let the mother die during a high risk delivery as long as the baby is saved?

What mother would want to kill her baby to save herself? Would you celebrate a mother that threw her baby to a bear so she could run away?

It's a pretty dumb analogy goose but I'd rather we just work as a society to avoid bear-mom-baby confrontations altogether.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-08-01, 11:48

LooseGoose wrote:I'm still waiting for someone to tell me in what other circumstances they support mothers killing their children to save their own lives.

If a bear is charging at a mom and her baby, I support the mom tossing her baby at the bear to save her own life.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-08-01, 11:54

bump..

remind you that a majority of "pro-life" folks support the death penalty. Tell me more about why it's ok to abort those dumb, unfeeling fetuses? - Page 2 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-08-01, 12:04

LooseGoose wrote:I'm still waiting for someone to tell me in what other circumstances they support mothers killing their children to save their own lives.

I would support it if for instance she were imprisoned by a mad queen who gave her an ultimatum between all her other children being slaughtered while she watched, or she kill one of them.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-08-01, 15:10

Robert J Sakimano wrote:bump..

remind you that a majority of "pro-life" folks support the death penalty. Tell me more about why it's ok to abort those dumb, unfeeling fetuses? - Page 2 502811600

And I'll remind you 40,000 abortions per 1 execution. Innocent baby vs convicted felon.

Good comparison Bob.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-08-01, 15:11

Rocinante wrote:

I would support it if for instance she were imprisoned by a mad queen who gave her an ultimatum between all her other children being slaughtered while she watched, or she kill one of them.

But that's not to save her life, that's to sacrifice one child to save many others.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-08-01, 15:12

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:bump..

And I'll remind you 40,000 abortions per 1 execution. Innocent baby vs convicted felon.

Good comparison Bob.
life = life

I'm sorry that you find my stance on the sanctity of human life troublesome.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-08-01, 15:13

LooseGoose wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

But that's not to save her life, that's to sacrifice one child to save many others.

Turtleneck wrote:

If a bear is charging at a mom and her baby, I support the mom tossing her baby at the bear to save her own life.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-08-01, 15:18

reminder that some "pro life" folks thinks that certain lives are more important than others.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-08-01, 15:33

no mother would. Not that I know. Are we calling a fetus a baby? Where are you going to draw that line? Tell me where has America?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-08-01, 15:40

DWags wrote:

no mother would. Not that I know. Are we calling a fetus a baby? Where are you going to draw that line? Tell me where has America?

Thanks for addressing this issue that none of us really wanted to waste time banging our head up against a wall discussing.

Enjoy your rabbit hole dwags.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-08-01, 15:40

DWags wrote:

Tell me more about why it's ok to abort those dumb, unfeeling fetuses? - Page 2 Bear-roar-man
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-08-01, 15:43

DWags wrote:

Thanks for addressing this issue that none of us really wanted to waste time banging our head up against a wall discussing.

Enjoy your rabbit hole dwags.

Well damn.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-08-01, 15:53

LooseGoose wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

Oh yeah, okay. So let's amend that and say they told her she would be killed leaving the other children parentless (because a big dude crushed her husband's head with his bare hands a few episodes back).

How's that work for ya?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-08-01, 19:49

Let's get something straight, first. At what stage of development do you consider a fetus to be equivalent to a newborn infant?

Because I think I know your answer, and if I'm remembering correctly how you think/feel about this, then I am correct in thinking it's not worth my time trying to discuss this topic with you.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-08-02, 08:41

Lives are knowingly and will fully sacrificed in this world every day by people and governments. It's been going on for centuries. Militaries will say a damn prayer to the creator to protect them and their government while sending people to their graves. The abortion issue is just sanctimonious horseshit by the same people that send people to their graves in order to protect their right to be sanctimonious.

At least the right to a legal abortion removes hypocrisy from the equation.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-08-02, 10:05

kingstonlake wrote:Lives are knowingly and will fully sacrificed in this world every day by people and governments. It's been going on for centuries. Militaries will say a damn prayer to the creator to protect them and their government while sending people to their graves. The abortion issue is just sanctimonious horseshit by the same people that send people to their graves in order to protect their right to be sanctimonious.

At least the right to a legal abortion removes hypocrisy from the equation.
it's also worth noting that some of our most vocal "pro-life" advocates not only support the death penalty, but also become unusually silent when unarmed black kids get murdered by police.

some even cheer and laugh.. and proclaim that they had it coming to them, if you can believe that.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-08-02, 10:08

Robert J Sakimano wrote: but also become unusually silent when unarmed black kids get murdered by police.
some even cheer and laugh.. and proclaim that they had it coming to them, if you can believe that.

Strawman bullshit.

Please provide examples.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-08-02, 10:11

Cameron wrote:

Let's get something straight, first. At what stage of development do you consider a fetus to be equivalent to a newborn infant?

Because I think I know your answer, and if I'm remembering correctly how you think/feel about this, then I am correct in thinking it's not worth my time trying to discuss this topic with you.

My answer probably won't be exactly what you expect but at the same time too "radical" for you to discuss.

0-5 weeks I think people could debate.

5 weeks onward there is a verifiable heartbeat which for most people is the sign of a life.

Draw your own conclusions.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-08-02, 10:16

LooseGoose wrote:
Cameron wrote:

My answer probably won't be exactly what you expect but at the same time too "radical" for you to discuss.

5 weeks onward there is a verifiable heartbeat which for most people is the sign of a life.

It's crazy that at five weeks right wingers will separate the fetus from the woman and claim that the fetus has its own individual rights, yet won't think a thing about grown adults who have less rights than others.

It's a real fucked up thought process.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-08-02, 10:31

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

It's crazy that at five weeks right wingers will separate the fetus from the woman and claim that the fetus has its own individual rights, yet won't think a thing about grown adults who have less rights than others.

Examples for your strawman.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-08-02, 10:35

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: but also become unusually silent when unarmed black kids get murdered by police.

Strawman bullshit.

Please provide examples.
well known "pro-life", racist mainstream media personality gleefully saying that a racist was "absolutely right" in murdering an unarmed black kid..

word on the street is that this fine pro-life patriot also offered to pay the racist's legal bills until word got out about it.

I doubt, however, that this will satisfy you.. being so "pro life".

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-08-02, 10:37

also, Goose - here's another fine "pro-life" person - who is also a serial adulterer and drug addict - mocking the murder of an unarmed black man..

again, these are two unarmed black kids murdered.. so, ya know, their life is disposable to most "pro life" advocates.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-08-02, 10:38

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

but they'll celebrate the death penalty and the murder of unarmed black kids.

it's a crazy world..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-08-02, 11:16

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:

Examples for your strawman.

Seriously? Can I start with the LGBT community? How about Gay men still having to wait up to a year after sex to even donate blood? (Is it three months now?) Adoption? Just two years ago even jury selection. That still isn't a guaranteed protection. But hey, you don't have to even think about that stuff. No worries.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next