Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tell me more about why it's ok to abort those dumb, unfeeling fetuses?

+14
InTenSity
Herbie Green
Travis of the Cosmos
Other Teams Pursuing That
msugolfguy
tGreenWay
Cym Jim
Robert J Sakimano
Rocinante
GRR Spartan
Cameron
DWags
Turtleneck
kingstonlake
18 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Tell me more about why it's ok to abort those dumb, unfeeling fetuses? Empty Tell me more about why it's ok to abort those dumb, unfeeling fetuses?

Post by Guest 2017-07-24, 19:04

From those right wing whackos at CBS News....

Fetuses may be able to distinguish between languages

Fetuses might be able to differentiate between languages, a new study from the University of Kansas suggests. Researchers say the differences were clear from changes detected in the fetuses' heart rhythms.

In the study, a single bilingual speaker made two recordings — one in English and one in Japanese — that were then played to the fetuses of two dozen pregnant women. English and Japanese are thought to be rhythmically distinct, providing a helpful case study in language contrast. The fetuses were on average about one month away from full term.

Using a device called the magnetocardiogram, researchers saw that fetal heart rates changed when fetuses heard the recording of the unfamiliar language (Japanese) after hearing the recording of the familiar language (English). The heart rates did not change when the familiar English recordings were played back to back.

"These results suggest that language development may indeed start in utero," linguistics professor and lead researcher Utako Minai said in a statement. The study was published this week in the journal NeuroReport.

The new research sheds light on the complexity and sensitivity of fetuses' brains just before birth.

"Fetuses are tuning their ears to the language they are going to acquire even before they are born, based on the speech signals available to them in utero. Pre-natal sensitivity to the rhythmic properties of language may provide children with one of the very first building blocks in acquiring language," Minai said.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Tell me more about why it's ok to abort those dumb, unfeeling fetuses? Empty Re: Tell me more about why it's ok to abort those dumb, unfeeling fetuses?

Post by kingstonlake 2017-07-24, 19:37

As this country continues to devolve morally, socially, and politically; you really expect this information to have any significant effect either way? This country has no moral center and it starts in the oval office. If you really think Trump gives two flying F&$@$#cks about abortion your kidding yourself.

kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Tell me more about why it's ok to abort those dumb, unfeeling fetuses? Empty Re: Tell me more about why it's ok to abort those dumb, unfeeling fetuses?

Post by Turtleneck 2017-07-24, 20:11

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-07-24, 20:20

Wait, are we now believing science? How does this work? Climate no, these guys yes?

Anyway:

It's the law.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-07-24, 21:48

The fetuses were on average about one month away from full term.

If you're trying to convince me to oppose 8-month abortions, your work is already done for you.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-07-24, 22:14

No
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-07-24, 22:16

I am with DWags. Can we get a ruling on when science
is acceptable and when it's not?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-07-24, 23:04

Cameron wrote:
The fetuses were on average about one month away from full term.

If you're trying to convince me to oppose 8-month abortions, your work is already done for you.

Exactly. Elective late term abortions are nonexistent.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-07-25, 07:49

quick reminder that a large majority of pro-life people support the death penalty.

Tell me more about why it's ok to abort those dumb, unfeeling fetuses? 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-07-25, 08:47

Can the OP tell us how the special needs couple in Oregon can keep their children without government assistance.

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t16367-the-progressive-state-knows-best
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim 2017-07-25, 10:21

If you gave a shit Goose you'd do something about it.
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-07-25, 10:26

gotta admit.. it's funny when the mean, evil "liberal" media that wants precious little white babies murdered publishes an article outlining that they're anything but "liberal" - marveling at the beauty of the life of a fetus.

puts "pro life" republicans in such a dilemma when they have to agree with such otherwise evil, child-murdering people.

Tell me more about why it's ok to abort those dumb, unfeeling fetuses? 502811600  Tell me more about why it's ok to abort those dumb, unfeeling fetuses? 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-07-25, 10:48

Rocinante wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Oh? Perhaps you should enlighten the CDC on how wrong they are??

Depending on sourcing and definition the total is somewhere between 1,200 and 13,000. That's hardly the definition of "nonexistent".

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/ss6015a1.htm

Third trimester abortions: more common than you think

Nearly 13,000 late-term abortions annually is a national disgrace

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-07-25, 10:50

Robert J Sakimano wrote:quick reminder that a large majority of pro-life people support the death penalty.

Tell me more about why it's ok to abort those dumb, unfeeling fetuses? 502811600

And letting children in poverty go hungry.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-07-25, 10:53

LooseGoose wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

Depending on sourcing and definition the total is somewhere between 1,200 and 13,000. That's hardly the definition of "nonexistent".

So, it's okay to let the mother die during a high risk delivery as long as the baby is saved?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-07-25, 10:55

Have we ever had this discussion here?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-07-25, 10:58

Turtleneck wrote:Have we ever had this discussion here?

I don't know, but Goose sure has changed my mind.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-07-25, 11:02

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:quick reminder that a large majority of pro-life people support the death penalty.

it's not my fault they weren't born into wealth and privilege.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-07-25, 11:02

tGreenWay wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Have we ever had this discussion here?

Well, I doubt there is much to change.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy 2017-07-25, 11:18

I actually do have a serious question that Republicans can't answer or vary wildly. When does someone's right to life end? I've got answers all the way from 6 years old to 18. Caveat is of course being shot by police then it's any age, because the police can do no wrong.

However maybe if you define an end date in regards to someone's right to life that argument would fly for me.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-07-25, 11:20

msugolfguy wrote:I actually do have a serious question that Republicans can't answer or vary wildly. When does someone's right to life end? I've got answers all the way from 6 years old to 18. Caveat is of course being shot by police then it's any age, because the police can do no wrong.

However maybe if you define an end date in regards to someone's right to life that argument would fly for me.
republicans are an interestingly hypocritical bunch with regard to how they define "life" and who has a right to live it.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-07-25, 11:25

tGreenWay wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

So, it's okay to let the mother die during a high risk delivery as long as the baby is saved?

What mother would want to kill her baby to save herself? Would you celebrate a mother that threw her baby to a bear so she could run away?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-07-25, 11:27

tGreenWay wrote:

where does this happen? With 2 free meals a day available in schools and SNAP? Great story with no basis in fact.

The Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) ensures that low-income children continue to receive nutritious meals when school is not in session. This summer, USDA plans to serve more than 200 million free meals to children 18 years and under at approved SFSP sites.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-07-25, 11:28

Zealots gonna zealot.

Bitch about big government then want to impose your version of morality through the Federal government.

GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-07-25, 11:30

I'm pro-life until some colored boy walks through my neighborhood armed with Skittles..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-07-25, 11:45

LooseGoose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

What mother would want to kill her baby to save herself?   Would you celebrate a mother that threw her baby to a bear so she could run away?

That's a tough decision, and very emotional.  I see you've had no problem making it.   Thank god for someone who is looking out for women l.   You've made a very tough decision for them easy.  Impressive.  And here when I saw that picture of Trump and all those white guys in the oval office without one woman and they were making decsions on women's health it was a horrible thing.  Now, I see how easy it is for old white guys to make the tough decisions for women.  Very impressive Goose.  And they way you've compared it to throwing it to a bear to save her life, wow, I mean, that's just impressive, you must have had to stew that one over for months and years.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-07-25, 11:47

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I'm pro-life until some colored boy walks through my neighborhood armed with Skittles..

Was his head covered like a thug?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-07-25, 12:01

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I'm pro-life until some colored boy walks through my neighborhood armed with Skittles..

yep.

see, that's where I draw the line at "pro-life" - colored boy, head covered with a hoodie.. armed with Skittles.

Thou Shalt Mow The Colored Muthaf**ker down

John 23:18
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-07-25, 12:42

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

yep.

see, that's where I draw the line at "pro-life" - colored boy, head covered with a hoodie.. armed with Skittles.

Thou Shalt Mow The Colored Muthaf**ker down

John 23:18

Praise God.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim 2017-07-25, 12:47

LooseGoose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

What mother would want to kill her baby to save herself? Would you celebrate a mother that threw her baby to a bear so she could run away?

I'm more disgusted by a man who believes there are clinics all around him that are slaughtering innocent babies every day, and does nothing to stop it.
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-07-25, 12:58

The OP is an anti-abortion terrorist who uses his computer knowing full well there are unstable individuals who will harm and kill people providing birth control and GYN health services along with a diminishing number of first term abortions

Zealots are going to be zealots.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-07-25, 13:52

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I don't understand.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-07-25, 14:00

tGreenWay wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I don't understand.

You have a small mind. I was talking about your pea sized brain, Greenway.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-07-25, 14:14

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I don't understand.

Sorry, dude, I don't get it. You must have a communication problem.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-07-25, 14:33

tGreenWay wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Sorry, dude, I don't get it. You must have a communication problem.

You make Travis look like Einstein.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-07-25, 14:43

LooseGoose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-07-25, 14:53

LooseGoose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

False equivalency: You never run away from a bear.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-07-25, 14:53

quick reminder that most "pro-life" people support the death penalty.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-07-26, 10:44

Bob hauls this tired old shit out. What a false equivalency.

Since 1976 - TOTAL # of convicted felons executed in the United States: 1456

Since Roe v Wade in 1973 - TOTAL # of innocent children aborted mostly for convenience: OVER 58 MILLION

Nice comparison Bob, that should really change some minds.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-07-26, 10:48

That's a lot more jobs we'd need.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next