Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's time for enacting the 25th Amendment

+11
Robert J Sakimano
Travis of the Cosmos
Cameron
GRR Spartan
NigelUno
DWags
InTenSity
Floyd Robertson
WhiteBoyHatcher
Turtleneck
Frank Ricard
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

It's time for enacting the 25th Amendment - Page 2 Empty Re: It's time for enacting the 25th Amendment

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-08-23, 14:55

We deserve is a bit of a stretch.

Those who deserve Trump are those that voted for him and those in PA, MI and WI who either stayed home or voted decided Hillary Clinton was so awful they went 3rd party/write in.

There were 2.8M more Americans who chose Clinton over Trump but with the electoral college system it didn't matter.

We have a President who is trashing US Senators from his own party, infers white separatists are fine people, doesn't condemn a torch march around a church and wants the ability to sue the media and expose confidential sources while his DOJ is seeking the emails of people who went online to register with a Trump opposition site.

Until the GOP stands up and says enough its going to continue. So far its all words and a lot of cowtowing.

When Sec of Transportation Elaine Chao was asked what she thought of Trump's harsh criticism of her husband, Senate Majority leader McConnell she responded, "I support my men, both of them."

GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

It's time for enacting the 25th Amendment - Page 2 Empty Re: It's time for enacting the 25th Amendment

Post by kingstonlake 2017-08-23, 15:23

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

You mean, like POTUS? <coughcoughfivedefermentscoughcough>
he loves the American flag the way he loves 10 year old girls..

It's time for enacting the 25th Amendment - Page 2 Giphy

Temporarily?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-08-23, 16:14

Trump sucking up to vets at the American Legion (from a teleprompter). Talking all about being one country.

He's one bi-polar son of a bitch and there appear to be many Amercan Legion attendees who want to give the chicken shit draft dodger who took a Purple Heart from a vet at a rally last fall and sad, "I always wanted one of these" more chances to be Presidential.

I can't imagine the American Legion giving too many others a pass like that.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-08-23, 16:19

GRR Spartan wrote:Trump sucking up to vets at the American Legion (from a teleprompter). Talking all about being one country.

He's one bi-polar son of a bitch and there appear to be many Amercan Legion attendees who want to give the chicken shit draft dodger who took a Purple Heart from a vet at a rally last fall and sad, "I always wanted one of these" more chances to be Presidential.

I can't imagine the American Legion giving too many others a pass like that.
often people believe what they want to believe.. regardless of evidence to the contrary.

if people want to believe that a racist, bigoted admitted sexual predator is a fine christian, they'll believe it.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim 2017-08-23, 20:15

Hey Strangelove - good to see you over here It's time for enacting the 25th Amendment - Page 2 969504605
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard 2017-08-24, 00:01

GRR Spartan wrote:We deserve is a bit of a stretch.  

Those who deserve Trump are those that voted for him and those in PA, MI and WI  who either stayed home or voted decided Hillary Clinton was so awful they went 3rd party/write in.

Bullshit.  The people that deserve Trump are THE FUCKING IDIOTS THAT VOTED FOR HIM PERIOD END-OF-STORY AND NOT THE PEOPLE THAT DIDN'T.  Jesus Christ, it's called math.

I voted 3rd party because Gary Johnson/Bill Weld came the closet to representing my views on a variety of issues.  I mean that.  How is it my fault the 2 party system gave us douche bag and shit sandwich?  Why the fuck should I not think there's better options out there and vote for people who more closely represent my views instead of choosing the lesser of 2 evils?  Fuck that noise.

Trump nor Hillary really came close to getting my vote. Trump sure as hell didn't (in fact no one really knew what the fuck he wanted other than building a wall that is never going to happen).  Hillary had so many position papers that I never could figure out what the fuck she was doing AND, while possibly not insane like trump, would have been just as polarizing as he is.  We might not be arguing over whether she was qualified to be in the WH, but there would be 3 Congressional Investigations and an Independent council with talk of impeachment every night on the news just like we have with trump.  She was never going to be the answer.

I'd make the argument that people like you that think there's only 2 choices in an election are the people fucking things up because they don't think independently.
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-08-24, 01:09

DWags wrote:
Dr. Strangelove wrote:First off DJT was elected POTUS. He's the President we got and he's the President we deserve.

Removing him from office would severely damage our political system. You think we're an oligarcical system with a veneer of democracy now just wait till we start dumping Presidents because 40 percent of despise him.

DJT is a talented amateur with good election instincts but in the cutthroat world of DC where there is one true governing establishment with two public wings he's getting sliced up.

Trump is no more a racist than Hillary Clinton - he's a product of his well off background. He's not wrong that The Far Left shares blame with The Far Right in recent violence.

Except for the border wall he lines up fairly nicely with Democrats on a number of social issues.

I guess the thinking is for the Dems that they remove DJT and so damage the GOP brand that a true conservative like Pence wouldn't have a chance of enacting the typical GOP program.

I'm a bit frightened at what he might do, but I agree that we probably can't throw around the 25th like that. We knew we were getting a bombastic pervert that is about as big of a liar as I've ever seen who was going to be tough on immigrants and would be manipulated by the far right wing of the party. If we don't like it, there's 2018. Get motivated.

As far as removing him to damage the brand, I think keeping him where he's at will do more damage.

Pretty much this, unless it turns out he's committed crimes. We've known the guy is unstable, and as I've said before, I firmly believe he wants to use nukes on somebody because it will feed his narcissism. Yeah, I think he has a mental illness, but he's also just an asshole. Being an asshole isn't enough to invoke the 25th. Ride it out and take control of the House in '18, then just play defense until '20.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-08-24, 01:48

tGreenWay wrote:
DWags wrote:

I'm a bit frightened at what he might do, but I agree that we probably can't throw around the 25th like that. We knew we were getting a bombastic pervert that is about as big of a liar as I've ever seen who was going to be tough on immigrants and would be manipulated by the far right wing of the party. If we don't like it, there's 2018. Get motivated.

As far as removing him to damage the brand, I think keeping him where he's at will do more damage.

Pretty much this, unless it turns out he's committed crimes. We've known the guy is unstable, and as I've said before, I firmly believe he wants to use nukes on somebody because it will feed his narcissism. Yeah, I think he has a mental illness, but he's also just an asshole. Being an asshole isn't enough to invoke the 25th. Ride it out and take control of the House in '18, then just play defense until '20.

Exactly. What was in the minds of those who drafted the 25th Amendment was a president who could not act either for physical or mental reasons. It is a way out of a paralyzed/completely disabled executive. Being an incompetent doofus, even if you are a threat to the republic, does not qualify.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2017-08-24, 08:22

Cym Jim wrote:Hey Strangelove - good to see you over here It's time for enacting the 25th Amendment - Page 2 969504605

I dip my toes into the water here every once in awhile but then make a hasty retreat to my comforting internet norms of gambling, sex-crazed teachers, jam bands and snide remarks.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-08-24, 13:05

Strangelove is correct. The 25th Ammendment would be applicable if President Trump suffered a major medical event that would disable him and that would be hotly debated.

It's more likely Special Prosecutor Mueller will uncover enough that Trump will resign with an under the table deal that would have President Pence issuing a pardon for Trump and any of his children who might be charged.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-08-24, 13:43

GRR Spartan wrote:Strangelove is correct. The 25th Ammendment would be applicable if President Trump suffered a major medical event that would disable him and that would be hotly debated.

It's more likely Special Prosecutor Mueller will uncover enough that Trump will resign with an under the table deal that would have President Pence issuing a pardon for Trump and any of his children who might be charged.
looking forward to the sexual predator resigning.. saying he plans on spending more time with his white supremacist family.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-08-24, 13:53

GRR Spartan wrote:Strangelove is correct.  The 25th Ammendment would be applicable if President Trump suffered a major medical event that would disable him  and that would be hotly debated.  

I am sure Strangelove will sleep better knowing he has your support on this.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-08-24, 14:06

Turtleneck wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:Strangelove is correct.  The 25th Ammendment would be applicable if President Trump suffered a major medical event that would disable him  and that would be hotly debated.  

I am sure Strangelove will sleep better knowing he has your support on this.

You two have some cosmic bond?

Short of laying in a flag draped box in the Capital Rotunda the only way Trump leaves before his first term is complete is under duress.  

Trump has so many public rallys his wife couldn't use the Dave formula using a stand in.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-10-23, 07:18

How ‘Unraveled’ Does Trump Have to Be? Presidential Disability and the 25th Amendment

What makes the 25th Amendment of interest to Bannon—and a matter about which Trump should educate himself—is the amendment’s remedy for presidential disability, especially Section 4, which creates a mechanism for forcibly removing a president who is “unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office” but won’t admit it.

For anyone hoping for a panacean comment in the congressional record that would justify Trump’s removal, the actual history will disappoint. The history of this provision does not give much by way of directive as to when a president is disabled enough to warrant the process it creates, much less the extent to which mental eccentricities rise to the level of a disability finding.

This is a long read. I haven't even finished it, but it might be of interest here.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2