Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Ramblings

+27
Floyd Robertson
Other Teams Pursuing That
Senior Dickfist
goodbar
WhiteBoyHatcher
GRR Spartan
Dendrobates
loogoldham
Tim Wakefield
I.B. Fine
CORNER BLITZ
Nordic
DWags
Clarett's Folly
y2kMgrad
Travis of the Cosmos
Da Mayor
NigelUno
steveschneider
MattyFresh
Turtleneck
aualum06
Herbie Green
Jake from State Farm
Death Roe
Robert J Sakimano
InTenSity
31 posters

Page 21 of 25 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down

Random Ramblings - Page 21 Empty Re: Random Ramblings

Post by tGreenWay Wed 21 Mar 2018 - 15:34

LooseGoose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Saw that the Tigers have two home games where you can bring your dog. Thinking of surprising Mrs. GW with tickets. She’d go crazy having the pup there.

Also, we’re taking some staff for a few hours of hanging out with the penguins at the Detroit Zoo. We’re all going to stink like briny dead fish, but it will be so worth it. Can’t wait for that day.

Don't spoil your staff, once they've had lemonade with you it's difficult to get them to work again.

Random Ramblings - Page 21 502811600 It’s much too late to stop spoiling them, and we wouldn’t want to. They're worth every single penny. It takes a long time to find the right people. These are smart, hard-working, fun and funny individuals all dedicated to succeeding. They know they’ll be rewarded way more than almost all others in similar positions. It’s not the google campus, but it’s a good place to have a career.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed 21 Mar 2018 - 15:50

The new penguinarium (or global warming propaganda exhibit, as my debbie downer friend calls it) is completely enclosed and no longer smells like briny fish. It's a cool exhibit.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed 21 Mar 2018 - 16:17

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:The new penguinarium (or global warming propaganda exhibit, as my debbie downer friend calls it) is completely enclosed and no longer smells like briny fish. It's a cool exhibit.

A long time ago I used to work for Polk's family business. Stephen is a good guy. He actually went to school as some kind of biologist (maybe it was marine, I can't remember). He had no intention of ever going into the family business until his brother vanished off the face of the earth in 1984 or so. Ralph IV was out in some small boat off Grand Traverse or thereabouts with only his dog. They found the boat and the dog, but never found his body.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed 21 Mar 2018 - 16:19

I want to go to the zoo now, thanks Greenway. Them's some good memories of hanging with my little shits the past few summers.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Wed 21 Mar 2018 - 16:21

tGreenWay wrote:Saw that the Tigers have two home games where you can bring your dog. Thinking of surprising Mrs. GW with tickets. She’d go crazy having the pup there.

Also, we’re taking some staff for a few hours of hanging out with the penguins at the Detroit Zoo. We’re all going to stink like briny dead fish, but it will be so worth it. Can’t wait for that day.

I remember looking this up last year to bring my dog. Just know when they go on sale, they sell out fast. I missed out on it. And they make you submit all your dogs updated shots several days beforehand. Otherwise your dog can’t come.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist Wed 21 Mar 2018 - 18:57

Travis, you fucker! I kept trying to login in using Dickfest as my name. I was brainwashed in your pit!
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Wed 21 Mar 2018 - 19:25

Wife almost burned the house down cooking some salmon tonight. Fire alarm that I have never heard in the 15 years we've lived here goes off. And it's loud. Go to the kitchen and see whats going on and the wife is in a cloud of smoke. The fire alarm is at the top of a wall over an open staircase. No easy way to get to it. 12' no matter what angle to attack from.

My first thought is knocking it down and removing the battery. Then I realize what a pain in the ass it will be getting it back up... that is assuming I don't fall down the staircase breaking my neck first.

Plan B is to find the leaf optimist and clear the smoke away from the detector. After several minutes trying to find it, I give it a blow. I don't think I need to tell you how that went.

Back to plan A and finding a long pole. I knock it off the wall and down the stairs and it is still going off. No battery. It is somehow hard wired to and trips the 30+ year old security system that I've never used. Sound is coming out of a speaker in the wall above the now missing detector. Crack open the security panel and it is all wires and no buttons or knobs. I failed McGyver school so down to fuse box I go. Of course there is no curcuit named "securty system". I start flipping switches till I get to the right one.

TL;DR If you ever break into my house flip the fuse switch labeled "Bedroom 2".
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed 21 Mar 2018 - 19:28

Nordic wrote:Wife almost burned the house down cooking some salmon tonight. Fire alarm that I have never heard in the 15 years we've lived here goes off. And it's loud. Go to the kitchen and see whats going on and the wife is in a cloud of smoke. The fire alarm is at the top of the ceiling over an open staircase. No easy way to get to it.

My first thought is knocking it down and removing the battery. Then I realize what a pain in the ass it will be getting it back up... that is assuming I don't fall down the staircase breaking my neck first.

Plan B is to find the leaf optimist and clear the smoke. away from the detector. After several minutes trying to find it, I give it a blow. I don't think I need to tell you how that went.

Back to plan A and find a long pole. I knock it off the wall and down the stairs and it is still going off. No battery. It is somehow hard wired to and trippes the 30+ year old security system that I've never used. Sound is coming out of a speaker in the wall above the now missing detector. Crack open the security panel and it is all wires and no buttons or knobs. I failes McGyver school so down to fuse box I go. Of course there is no curcuit named "securty system". I just start flipping switches till I get to the right one.

Random Ramblings - Page 21 1966794946

Sorry, man.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Wed 21 Mar 2018 - 19:33

the leaf optimist Random Ramblings - Page 21 502811600Random Ramblings - Page 21 502811600Random Ramblings - Page 21 502811600
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 21 Mar 2018 - 19:44

Nordic wrote:Wife almost burned the house down cooking some salmon tonight. Fire alarm that I have never heard in the 15 years we've lived here goes off. And it's loud. Go to the kitchen and see whats going on and the wife is in a cloud of smoke. The fire alarm is at the top of a wall over an open staircase. No easy way to get to it. 12' no matter what angle to attack from.

Plan B is to find the leaf optimist and clear the smoke away from the detector. After several minutes trying to find it, I give it a blow. I don't think I need to tell you how that went.

Back to plan A and finding a long pole. I knock it off the wall and down the stairs and it is still going off. No battery. It is somehow hard wired to and trips the 30+ year old security system that I've never used. Sound is coming out of a speaker in the wall above the now missing detector. Crack open the security panel and it is all wires and no buttons or knobs. I failed McGyver school so down to fuse box I go. Of course there is no curcuit named "securty system". I start flipping switches till I get to the right one.

How was your salmon?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 21 Mar 2018 - 19:46

CORNER BLITZ wrote:the leaf optimist Random Ramblings - Page 21 502811600Random Ramblings - Page 21 502811600Random Ramblings - Page 21 502811600

Random Ramblings - Page 21 502811600 First time I saw that term, I spent several minutes on google trying to figure out what the hell was being talked about. I might have even asked on here. Once it finally dawned on me, I cursed the days Blanch, Heat, and SRC were born.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 21 Mar 2018 - 20:16

tGreenWay wrote:
Nordic wrote:Wife almost burned the house down cooking some salmon tonight. Fire alarm that I have never heard in the 15 years we've lived here goes off. And it's loud. Go to the kitchen and see whats going on and the wife is in a cloud of smoke. The fire alarm is at the top of a wall over an open staircase. No easy way to get to it. 12' no matter what angle to attack from.

How was your salmon?

Random Ramblings - Page 21 502811600
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Wed 21 Mar 2018 - 22:04

tGreenWay wrote:

How was your salmon?

Actually fantastic.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist Wed 21 Mar 2018 - 22:06

mmm...suddenly, I'm hungry for salmon.
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Wed 21 Mar 2018 - 23:20

Random Ramblings - Page 21 502811600 Whomever down voted this post should be buried alive with TempeTantrum's pen being the only marker.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by loogoldham Fri 23 Mar 2018 - 5:27

TL;DR

Had to look up TL;DR
loogoldham
loogoldham
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue 27 Mar 2018 - 12:20

Random Ramblings - Page 21 DY_CackVoAAbvlj
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by loogoldham Wed 28 Mar 2018 - 3:27

I'm really into seaweed snacks. Crispity crunchity seaweed. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Random Ramblings - Page 21 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSiHVZF85YjaKsO4wCkgkenNmo-eZ_OATGF5onxS2Nq2FgDj_hH
loogoldham
loogoldham
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed 28 Mar 2018 - 5:12

loogoldham wrote:I'm really into seaweed snacks. Crispity crunchity seaweed. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Random Ramblings - Page 21 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSiHVZF85YjaKsO4wCkgkenNmo-eZ_OATGF5onxS2Nq2FgDj_hH

Random Ramblings - Page 21 1dbp6s
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Mar 2018 - 19:15

Cool Story...

36-year-old accountant bails out Blackhawks as emergency goalie

KALAMAZOO, MI - In the 2016 film "The Accountant," Ben Affleck plays a military-trained, mathematical savant on the autism spectrum, who uses a small-town CPA office as a cover for crunching the numbers for the world's most dangerous criminal organizations.

Sounds crazy, right?

Well that's only slightly more far-fetched than the recent turn of events for real-life accountant Scott Foster, a 36-year-old former Western Michigan University goalie, who left the office Thursday to make his unexpected NHL debut for the Chicago Blackhawks.

The unbelievable process started when Chicago starting netminder Anton Forsberg suffered an injury during pre-game warmups, and backup Collin Delia left with a lower-body injury in the third period.

That meant Foster, who had been watching the game in the press box as the team's designated "emergency goalie," was heading down to the locker room to strap on the pads and lace up his skates for his first meaningful ice time since serving as the WMU goalie from 2002-06.

"I think I'm just hitting my prime," Foster told media after the game.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sat 31 Mar 2018 - 3:21

Game of thrones on an OLED tv is orgasmic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 2 Apr 2018 - 11:16

Just shaved 8 months of beard and hair off, I feel light as a feather. The last time I did this it took the grandkids a week to decide if they knew me.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon 2 Apr 2018 - 12:05

LooseGoose wrote:Just shaved 8 months of beard and hair off, I feel light as a feather. The last time I did this it took the grandkids a week to decide if they knew me.

I had that experience with a mustache back in the 90s that I'd had since the mid 80s. Kids were 2 and 4 and had never known me without it until I shave it off. It kind of freaked them out to see this strange guy walking around the house.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by loogoldham Mon 2 Apr 2018 - 23:39

Never thought I would say this (isn't there a thread for that?):

New Top Gear beats the shit out of Old Top Gear/The Grand Tour. Those bloated old three jabronis lost it -- just playing to old stereotypes and mailing it in. Season 25 of New TG is so great -- better visuals, car reviews, flow, segments.

Hate to say it but JC et al should hang em up.
loogoldham
loogoldham
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sat 7 Apr 2018 - 22:02

Watching the original Jurassic Park again. The scene where Dr. Grant gets the kid out of the vehicle in the tree.

Why did they race down the tree when the SUV started falling instead of just climbing to the other side of the tree? scratch
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Mon 9 Apr 2018 - 17:33

This morning about a mile from my (and WBH's) sub.  Story says it's the first officer-involved shooting here in over 20 years.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/man-fatally-shot-while-trying-to-attack-troy-police-officers-with-knives
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon 9 Apr 2018 - 17:44

The Pantry wrote:This morning about a mile from my (and WBH's) sub.  Story says it's the first officer-involved shooting here in over 20 years.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/man-fatally-shot-while-trying-to-attack-troy-police-officers-with-knives

Two knives? Was he looking for a smoker and a brisket? Probably could smell that shit for miles.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Mon 9 Apr 2018 - 17:58

DWags wrote:
The Pantry wrote:This morning about a mile from my (and WBH's) sub.  Story says it's the first officer-involved shooting here in over 20 years.

Two knives? Was he looking for a smoker and a brisket? Probably could smell that shit for miles.
Heard some sirens before leaving for work but didn't smell anything. When WBH has the cooker going I can often tell.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 10 Apr 2018 - 14:54

When did people start calling dogs doggos? Or is the reddit influence from Aussies creeping into the American lexicon?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue 10 Apr 2018 - 15:30

tGreenWay wrote:When did people start calling dogs doggos? Or is the reddit influence from Aussies creeping into the American lexicon?

They're good boys!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 10 Apr 2018 - 15:51

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:When did people start calling dogs doggos? Or is the reddit influence from Aussies creeping into the American lexicon?

They're good bois!

Fify
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Tue 10 Apr 2018 - 17:37

I’m at 7 monks in TC right now enjoying a beer after a long intense work day . It also feels good having a little break at home.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Tue 10 Apr 2018 - 17:48

Dendrobates wrote:I’m at 7 monks in TC right now enjoying a beer after a long intense work day . It also feels good having a little break at home.
What do they have on tap? Any KBS or CBS?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue 10 Apr 2018 - 17:50

Dendrobates wrote:I’m at 7 monks in TC right now enjoying a beer after a long intense work day . It also feels good having a little break at home.

Nice. Enjoy.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Tue 10 Apr 2018 - 18:10

The Pantry wrote:
What do they have on tap? Any KBS or CBS?

I don’t know what that is.
I’m drinking M43 right now. It tastes like a more hoppy Oberon. I like it
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Tue 10 Apr 2018 - 18:18

Dendrobates wrote:
The Pantry wrote:What do they have on tap? Any KBS or CBS?

Founders Kentucky Breakfast Stout and Canadian Breakfast Stout.

M-43 is interesting, especially when poured in a glass. Never been an Oberon fan.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Tue 10 Apr 2018 - 18:21

The Pantry wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

Founders Kentucky Breakfast Stout and Canadian Breakfast Stout.

M-43 is interesting, especially when poured in a glass. Never been an Oberon fan.

That’s why I wasn’t familiar. I will drink most any beer except stouts. And nope, neither of those are on the list.

For stouts it’s: Love Shadow (brewery vivant), uncle Steve’s Irish stout (shorts) . They’re out of Michael faircy stout (Arbor)
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Tue 10 Apr 2018 - 18:25

The bartender just told me that on Oberon opening day, they went through 6 kegs of it. Crazy
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Tue 10 Apr 2018 - 18:32

Dendrobates wrote:The bartender just told me that on Oberon opening day, they went through 6 kegs of it. Crazy
Opening day...great marketing. I think the stuff is highly overrated.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed 11 Apr 2018 - 8:13

TempeTantrum is going by "Pavel" now.

"I got so drunk last night I accidentally climbed a mountain."
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte