Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NCAA Basketball Corruption Scheme

+26
SawGreen
StylesGShmooth
Watch Out Pylon!
MSU addict
Jake from State Farm
aualum06
MiamiSpartan
Space Lord
Tim Wakefield
Herbie Green
MattyFresh
WhiteBoyHatcher
Frank Ricard
GRR Spartan
Turtleneck
Nordic
steveschneider
InTenSity
Death Roe
Clarett's Folly
Other Teams Pursuing That
DWags
tGreenWay
NigelUno
Robert J Sakimano
Floyd Robertson
30 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

NCAA Basketball Corruption Scheme - Page 4 Empty Re: NCAA Basketball Corruption Scheme

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-09-27, 10:27

Does this mean Brian Bowen won't be suiting up for Louisville this year?
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

NCAA Basketball Corruption Scheme - Page 4 Empty Re: NCAA Basketball Corruption Scheme

Post by Death Roe 2017-09-27, 10:38

GRR Spartan wrote:Does this mean Brian Bowen won't be suiting up for Louisville this year?

He'll be "transferring" soon I expect.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-09-27, 10:49

Death Roe wrote:Rick Pitino reportedly told his staff he will be fired.....Shocked

Shit yourself yet?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-09-27, 10:51

Clarett's Folly wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:What about Josh Jackson and Prolific Prep.  Adidas funds that prep team which isn't even a school but just a basketball team but somehow that is legitimate?  It seems the whole place was built based on getting Josh Jackson there and then he goes to KU Adidas school.
But then I did juat see Gary Trent transferred there and is going to Duke (Nike).

There is a greater-than 100% chance that Apples Jones was involved in all of this.

I would put the same odds on Kansas.  Their fans have to be nervous.  I can connect the dots just loosely following a couple of players MSU recruited.
I remember Fife saying once that MSU walks as soon as the shady handlers enter and that is exactly the way some of these these high profile recruitments seem to go with MSU suddenly completely out of the picture after long seen as a leader.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-09-27, 10:52

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Death Roe wrote:Rick Pitino reportedly told his staff he will be fired.....Shocked

Shit yourself yet?

Ah, nuts.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-09-27, 10:58

Herbie Green wrote:
Clarett's Folly wrote:

There is a greater-than 100% chance that Apples Jones was involved in all of this.

I would put the same odds on Kansas.  Their fans have to be nervous.  I can connect the dots just loosely following a couple of players MSU recruited.
I remember Fife saying once that MSU walks as soon as the shady handlers enter and that is exactly the way some of these these high profile recruitments seem to go with MSU suddenly completely out of the picture after long seen as a leader.

Kansas is probably above this. Just like the other true blue bloods. Cliff Alexander though.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2017-09-27, 11:04

Herbie Green wrote:
Clarett's Folly wrote:

Josh Jackson's and Cliff Alexander's recruitment felt identically shady.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-09-27, 11:06

Herbie Green wrote:

Kansas is probably above this. Just like the other true blue bloods. Cliff Alexander though.

Yep. Inconsistent application of the rules. Also, all that is going to happen if Pitino gets fired is he will be replaced by the a new guy that is going to cheat. Losing Pitino hurts the sport, love him or hate him playing his Cardinals team was always entertaining.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-09-27, 11:09

Death Roe wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:Does this mean Brian Bowen won't be suiting up for Louisville this year?

He'll be "transferring" soon I expect.

He should transfer to Minnesota.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-09-27, 11:10

NCAA Basketball Corruption Scheme - Page 4 Giphy
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-09-27, 11:24

Herbie Green wrote:

Explain about Kansas. What do you mean they are above it? This isn't an NCAA doing the investigation.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-09-27, 11:43

so who will be the next coach at Louisville?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-09-27, 11:43

Robert J Sakimano wrote:so who will be the next coach at Louisville?

Steve Fisher
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-09-27, 11:45

Robert J Sakimano wrote:so who will be the next coach at Louisville?

Tom Crean
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-09-27, 12:19

InTenSity wrote:

Explain about Kansas. What do you mean they are above it? This isn't an NCAA doing the investigation.

The gov ain't doing shit about the blue bloods bro.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-09-27, 12:30

InTenSity wrote:

You think the FBI cares about blue bloods? You think they would suppress evidence if they had it? The NCAA is one thing, but why would the FBI give 2 shits (sorry Pantry), about how they might be impacting college basketball?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-09-27, 12:34

InTenSity wrote:

You think the FBI cares about blue bloods? You think they would suppress evidence if they had it? The NCAA is one thing, but why would the FBI give 2 shits (sorry Pantry), about how they might be impacting college basketball?

I don't have all the answers but I'm telling you they won't be touched
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-09-27, 12:47

InTenSity wrote:

I don't have all the answers but I'm telling you they won't be touched
If the FBI turns up shit on them, they will be. The NCAA will grudgingly be forced to, like they were with UM after finding nothing wrong in their own investigation.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-09-27, 12:49

Yep, and supposedly today is just the tip of the ice berg.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-09-27, 12:56

Wasn't Vlad bitching up a storm when things started to cool between MSU and Bowen? Talking about how the football rape scandals were impacting basketball recruiting?

Yeah, it's too bad (not really) that Vlad doesn't come around here anymore.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-09-27, 13:47

Darren Heitner‏Verified account @DarrenHeitner 7m7 minutes ago
Sources: Employees of Nike's EYBL grassroots division, along with documents, have been subpoenaed by FBI in furtherance of investigation
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-09-27, 14:11

I don't know, but this day might be looked at as the pivotal day where we finally just did away with "Amateur" athletics as they are now and started to look at each other and say, get into the school on merit, academically. No one and done rule, go to the NBA, or even the NFL if you can out of high school. Let the JUCO"S of the world become a development league for football. The power five conferences are a joke to be called "amateur" athletics. Schools like Northwestern and Stanford should be applauded for what they have done and accomplished.

Oh, and I'm thinking schools like Alabama OSU UCLA PSU et al in football are starting to sweat. This shit didn't happen in a vacuum. More boulders could be falling in the future. Might get very interesting.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2017-09-27, 14:11

steveschneider wrote:Just read the NYT article on this. This whole scandal is horse shit in my view.  what a waste of our tax dollars to investigate it and it is sad that people are going to get arrested/ lose their jobs over this. Time to overhaul college sports and treat it like the amateur league that it is.

steveschneider wrote: Also, all that is going to happen if Pitino gets fired is he will be replaced by the a new guy that is going to cheat. Losing Pitino hurts the sport, love him or hate him playing his Cardinals team was always entertaining.

Here is where you and I are going to disagree. There is a big difference between trying to fool the NCAA and fool the FBI. And there is a bigger difference between getting slaps on the wrist from the NCAA to going to "federal pound you in the ass prison".  

Will shit still be dirty? Hell yeah. As long as humans walk the Earth they will try to find a way to get over on something or someone. But coaches and shoe execs are going to think twice about doing this shit. College hoops has been blatantly dirty for years know. We've all seen it. It's going to get a hell of a lot harder.

I say expand the investigation. Go after the AAU coaches, players, players parents, etc. for tax evasion.  And if that means 5-star hoops players skip college all together... so be it.

t

Last edited by Nordic on 2017-09-27, 14:18; edited 1 time in total
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2017-09-27, 14:15

InTenSity wrote:

Correct. They know there is a shitload of money being exchanged. They don't GAF if it is a blue blood or not. The blue bloods are probably just better at hiding it from the FBI (so far) Shit... the Auburn coach was texting a recruit about money transfers... how fucking dumb are you?

The FBI will run scorched Earth on whoever and whenever. I like it. The NCAA hasn't done shit about it.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-09-27, 14:21

Nordic wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

Correct. They know there is a shitload of money being exchanged. They don't GAF if it is a blue blood or not. The blue bloods are probably just better at hiding it from the FBI. Shit... the Auburn coach was texting a recruit about money transfers... how fucking dumb are you?

The FBI will run scorched Earth on whoever and whenever. I like it. The NCAA hasn't done shit about it.

A team like Kentucky wouldn't even have to get involved. The shoe companies and agents could handle it. UK is just a Nike Basketball Academy. Kids move from EYBL to Kentucky to the NBA. Ex players put kids in touch with agents when they go pro.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2017-09-27, 14:22

NigelUno wrote:
Nordic wrote:

Correct. They know there is a shitload of money being exchanged. They don't GAF if it is a blue blood or not. The blue bloods are probably just better at hiding it from the FBI. Shit... the Auburn coach was texting a recruit about money transfers... how fucking dumb are you?

A team like Kentucky wouldn't even have to get involved. The shoe companies and agents could handle it. UK is just a Nike Basketball Academy. Kids move from EYBL to Kentucky to the NBA. Ex players put kids in touch with agents when they go pro.

Agree with this. They are better at than most.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-09-27, 14:30

NigelUno wrote:
Nordic wrote:

Steve is getting upset.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-09-27, 14:39

InTenSity wrote:

Bro, Forbes has Louisville ranked as the highest valued college basketball team for five years running
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-09-27, 14:42

Herbie Green wrote:

Bro, Forbes has Louisville ranked as the highest valued college basketball team for five years running

Think what you want - whether it's they know how to hide it or certain people turning a blind eye, in my opinion UNC, Duke, Kentucky, UCLA... etc will be fine after it's all said in done.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-09-27, 14:53

Herbie Green wrote:

Think what you want - whether it's they know how to hide it or certain people turning a blind eye, in my opinion UNC, Duke, Kentucky, UCLA... etc will be fine after it's all said in done.

I think it is only because they are pros and have too many degrees of separation.  I think Kansas might go down though.  Their name seems to come up a lot and they might be able to stay ahead of NCAA but not the FBI.
Really, this could even go the other way.  They get the small guy off light to spill the beans about the Big guy.

It will be great if at least one of those programs goes down.  I am not going to hold my breath but the possibilities are endless once people start talking

Edit how smart can these programs really be?  The FBI can track terrorist funding this is a joke for them
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-09-27, 16:01

If PSU can bounce back so can all of these schools.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2017-09-27, 16:12

steveschneider wrote:If PSU can bounce back so can all of these schools.

As many PSU fans will remind you, though, child molestation isn't under the purview of the NCAA.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2017-09-27, 16:19

Depends on if the ncca kills programs like they should have done with Penn State but didn't
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-09-27, 16:20

Nordic wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Just read the NYT article on this. This whole scandal is horse shit in my view.  what a waste of our tax dollars to investigate it and it is sad that people are going to get arrested/ lose their jobs over this. Time to overhaul college sports and treat it like the amateur league that it is.

steveschneider wrote: Also, all that is going to happen if Pitino gets fired is he will be replaced by the a new guy that is going to cheat. Losing Pitino hurts the sport, love him or hate him playing his Cardinals team was always entertaining.

Here is where you and I are going to disagree. There is a big difference between trying to fool the NCAA and fool the FBI. And there is a bigger difference between getting slaps on the wrist from the NCAA to going to "federal pound you in the ass prison".  

Will shit still be dirty? Hell yeah. As long as humans walk the Earth they will try to find a way to get over on something or someone. But coaches and shoe execs are going to think twice about doing this shit. College hoops has been blatantly dirty for years know. We've all seen it. It's going to get a hell of a lot harder.

I say expand the investigation. Go after the AAU coaches, players, players parents, etc. for tax evasion.  And if that means 5-star hoops players skip college all together... so be it.

t

Sending someone to prison for cheating in college sports just seems like cruel and unusual punishment to me. Just remember our tax dollars paid for this investigation and it will cost a lot to imprison these people as well.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-09-27, 16:21

aualum06 wrote:

Depends on if the ncca kills programs like they should have done with Penn State but didn't

Too much money to be made and all the tv contracts worth billions. No way they kill off these programs.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-09-27, 16:35

It could become so widespread that if they started taking down programs they would have to take down all of college basketball.  So everyone will get off free and blame the system and say "everyone Does it"
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2017-09-27, 16:40

steveschneider wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

Too much money to be made and all the tv contracts worth billions. No way they kill off these programs.

I agree.
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2017-09-27, 16:43

steveschneider wrote:
Nordic wrote:

t

Sending someone to prison for cheating in college sports just seems like cruel and unusual punishment to me. Just remember our tax dollars paid for this investigation and it will cost a lot to imprison these people as well.

I'm sure there are a lot of a lot corporate VPs and CPAs that felt the same way when they started cracking down on fraudulent execs several years ago. If you don't crack down on it now, it is just going to get worse. The fact that the FBI chose to get involved tells me it is probably bigger than we even imagine. The fear of going to jail is going to stop quite a bit of it.

There is a real easy solution, just make all the payments above board and don't go to college.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-09-27, 16:50

Jay Bilas weighs in. I agree the flow of money will continue and the scandals will keep coming.

https://twitter.com/powerlunch/status/913139194247237632
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-09-27, 17:17

Just because Blackwell is no longer in the picture, doesn't mean he didn't do anything or wasn't involved with any shananigans while here.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next