Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The political hodge podge thread

+28
GRR Spartan
kingstonlake
NumbersDude
aualum06
TrapperGus
Jake from State Farm
MiamiSpartan
The Pantry
Heat Miser
Watch Out Pylon!
Dendrobates
InTenSity
WhiteBoyHatcher
NigelUno
BobSaget
xsanguine
Travis of the Cosmos
tGreenWay
Da Mayor
Rocinante
Robert J Sakimano
Other Teams Pursuing That
I.B. Fine
steveschneider
Floyd Robertson
msugolfguy
AnomanderRake
Turtleneck
32 posters

Page 8 of 25 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 25  Next

Go down

The political hodge podge thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The political hodge podge thread

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:30 pm

A solid 35% of the people in this country base their views on those people (or based on the views of other people who base their views on those people)
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

The political hodge podge thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The political hodge podge thread

Post by Cameron Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:59 pm

This is interesting.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:37 am

Cops murdered a black guy in Sacramento a few nights ago because they thought the cell phone in his hand was a gun. He was committing the crime of being in his grandmas backyard when they were looking for someone else to murder in a different back yard (who was committing the capital crime of breaking windows. But again, different guy. Not the guy they murdered) They released video this morning, the cops never say “hey were cops” they just say “show me your hands, gun” and start shooting within seconds. Cool cool. 

Anyway a bunch of racists are fine with it and no one is really talking about it and probably nothing is going to happen to the murderers but a lot of people are going to get super mad when someone takes a knee during a song so you know what whatever carry on
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:42 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Cops murdered a black guy in Sacramento a few nights ago because they thought the cell phone in his hand was a gun. He was committing the crime of being in his grandmas backyard when they were looking for someone else to murder in a different back yard (who was committing the capital crime of breaking windows. But again, different guy. Not the guy they murdered) They released video this morning, the cops never say “hey were cops” they just say “show me your hands, gun” and start shooting within seconds. Cool cool. 

Anyway a bunch of racists are fine with it and no one is really talking about it and probably nothing is going to happen to the murderers but a lot of people are going to get super mad when someone takes a knee during a song so you know what whatever carry on

Why did i watch that video No
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:55 am

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Cops murdered a black guy in Sacramento a few nights ago because they thought the cell phone in his hand was a gun. He was committing the crime of being in his grandmas backyard when they were looking for someone else to murder in a different back yard (who was committing the capital crime of breaking windows. But again, different guy. Not the guy they murdered) They released video this morning, the cops never say “hey were cops” they just say “show me your hands, gun” and start shooting within seconds. Cool cool. 

Why did i watch that video No
Not enough people do otpt. That’s how they can somehow twist their brains to make it so it makes sense to complain about people taking a knee during an outdated tradition before sports and not cops murdering people.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:59 am

America is such a stupid country.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:59 am

I also think we've all just become numb to those videos.  The right wants you to believe trained officers who constantly have to go through training and scenario's like this, pull the triggers of their guns without knowing for sure, but teachers, who might go through two weeks of summer training are never going to reach and pull the trigger unnecessarily.   We are absolutely going insane in this country.  Clad I only have about 20 years left cause this shit isn't getting better.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:18 am

There was no pause.

"showmeyourhandsGUN!" bang.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:37 pm

Police are a scourge on society.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:03 pm

I don’t really know much in the way of details but the Kings game tonight had to be cancelled due to a protest outside of the arena about the shooting. That’s awesome.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:22 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I don’t really know much in the way of details but the Kings game tonight had to be cancelled due to a protest outside of the arena about the shooting. That’s awesome.

They should also protest what’s been going on inside that building for decades.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:01 am

DWags wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I don’t really know much in the way of details but the Kings game tonight had to be cancelled due to a protest outside of the arena about the shooting. That’s awesome.

They should also protest what’s been going on inside that building for decades.

haaa... good one.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:58 am

The political hodge podge thread - Page 8 Trump_Hilton_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq3C4DDbsH65fm6X__oq5DkEHQvb2UFjW03QidnNDMhGA
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:17 pm

Why hasn't the home schooled white guy setting off bombs in Austin TX been labeled a Domestic Terrorist?
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:44 pm

GRR Spartan wrote:Why hasn't the home schooled white guy setting off bombs in Austin TX been labeled a Domestic Terrorist?

Well, what political view shaped his motivation?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:23 pm

GRR Spartan wrote:Why hasn't the home schooled white guy setting off bombs in Austin TX been labeled a Domestic Terrorist?

Your answer is your sixth word. Hey, let’s all pretend that’s not true!!
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:21 pm

Please let this tweet from Biden be true.

The political hodge podge thread - Page 8 B2a62c10
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:10 pm

All these marches by these young kids today really is very incredible regardless of if you agree or disagree with them. I like to think I’d have been able to do the same thing when I was that age if it happened to me but that’s prolly not true
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:10 pm

Also dwags come on dawg you’re joking right
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:26 pm

DWags wrote:

Your answer is your sixth word. Hey, let’s all pretend that’s not true!!

You seem to have a lot of white guilt, bro. You should work on that in the coming year.
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:38 pm

George Soros is going to be sooooooooo broke

The political hodge podge thread - Page 8 B2e41b10
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:46 pm

DWags wrote:Please let this tweet from Biden be true.

The political hodge podge thread - Page 8 B2a62c10

Gotta be fake, but The political hodge podge thread - Page 8 1966794946
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:49 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:All these marches by these young kids today really is very incredible regardless of if you agree or disagree with them. I like to think I’d have been able to do the same thing when I was that age if it happened to me but that’s prolly not true

It wouldn’t matter which side of the debate I was on, if I was in HS and I knew there’d be that much strange in one place, I’d grab my buddies and we’d road trip to DC.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:37 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:All these marches by these young kids today really is very incredible regardless of if you agree or disagree with them. I like to think I’d have been able to do the same thing when I was that age if it happened to me but that’s prolly not true

It wouldn’t matter which side of the debate I was on, if I was in HS and I knew there’d be that much strange in one place, I’d grab my buddies and we’d road trip to DC.
Strange is only a phrase used by weird ass baby boomers tbh. You’d strike out.

The whole thing is inspiring as hell. If they can keep this up then they can do something that would be more than just a footnote one day in a history book. For now it seems like they can.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:31 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

The whole thing is inspiring as hell. If they can keep this up then they can do something that would be more than just a footnote one day in a history book. For now it seems like they can.

You keep forgetting I’m a tweener, both Boomer and Gen X. Im allowed a pass when I say dated, uncool phrases. So kiss my grits. The political hodge podge thread - Page 8 2809484752
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:32 pm

tGreenWay wrote:

You keep forgetting I’m a tweener, both Boomer and Gen X. Im allowed a pass when I say dated, uncool phrases. So kiss my grits. The political hodge podge thread - Page 8 2809484752
No one cares it’s weird no matter your generation. No one says that in real life. It’s like when the weirdos on message boards say “coeds” when they just mean girls and it’s like what the fuck are you weirdos even talking about just say girls
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:23 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:The whole thing is inspiring as hell.

It’s adorable. Has there been another generation in history that has protested for the government to remove their rights? Trying to think of another but all I can come up with is people protesting to gain rights... not give them up to a centralized power.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:25 am

xsanguine wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:The whole thing is inspiring as hell.

It’s adorable. Has there been another generation in history that has protested for the government to remove their rights? Trying to think of another but all I can come up with is people protesting to gain rights... not give them up to a centralized power.
I’m not so sure that everyone thinks of guns as a tool for sexual desires quite the same way you do.

But the inspiring part isn’t really even their message so much as what they’ve been able to put together in a short amount of time around an issue they care about which is pretty impressive regardless of your random thoughts that you got from bill maher or wherever the fuck
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:49 am

xsanguine wrote:

I’m not so sure that everyone thinks of guns as a tool for sexual desires quite the same way you do.

But the inspiring part isn’t really even their message so much as what they’ve been able to put together in a short amount of time around an issue they care about which is pretty impressive regardless of your random thoughts that you got from bill maher or wherever the fuck

I’ve never even owned a gun, dude. Never got into them, honestly
I just think it’s an unprecedented moment in history; people marching to have a government remove their rights from them. It’s cute. ‘We’re too young to even own guns... but preempt our ability to do so and despite the fact we haven’t had to exist in the real world... remove the adults rights while you’re at it!”. Like I said, it’s adorable that they don’t realize the money behind them and the gullibility of asking nefarious people to take things from them. I hate freedom! I wanna squeeze them and smooch them.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:49 am

Is Bill Maher now right wing? Strange how that happens.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:59 am

But yeah, it’s sooo impressive these high school students put on these impressive displays with the marketing campaigns and elaborate stage setups. It’s amazing how they did this without any outside influence. They’re like gods or something.

Last edited by xsanguine on Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:01 am; edited 1 time in total
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:00 am

xsanguine wrote:Is Bill Maher now right wing? Strange how that happens.
No I don’t think he is. It’s not all right left up down you know
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:02 am

xsanguine wrote:Is Bill Maher now right wing? Strange how that happens.
No I don’t think he is. It’s not all right left up down you know

Oh okay. Cool. I’m just impressed that 16 year olds are able to put something like this together without adult help. So inspiring.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:02 am

Yeah okay cool whatever guy
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:06 am

Gun law reform and taking away rights are not the same thing. Stop going from point A to Z without even looking at what people are asking for.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:08 am

17 year olds, excuse my ignorance. Why were past generations so stupid? These mear 17 year olds worked for extra shifts at, like, Target and Meijer and we’re able to get hundreds of thousands of dollars together within a couple of weeks for this one event to demand their rights are taken from them and anyone else who thinks they know better than politicians.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:09 am

Rocinante wrote:Gun law reform and taking away rights are not the same thing. Stop going from point A to Z without even looking at what people are asking for.

What’s the end game, Roc?
You can lie to yourself, but don’t lie to me.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:09 am

Rocinante wrote:Gun law reform and taking away rights are not the same thing. Stop going from point A to Z without even looking at what people are asking for.
He’s so hungry Roc. He’s so hungry.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:09 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Yeah okay cool whatever guy
I love you. But above all I love government, our true god.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:10 am

xsanguine wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Yeah okay cool whatever guy
I love you. But above all I love government, our true god.
So damn hungry
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 25 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 25  Next