Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The political hodge podge thread

+31
DWags
AvgMSUJoe
Cameron
GRR Spartan
kingstonlake
NumbersDude
aualum06
TrapperGus
Jake from State Farm
MiamiSpartan
The Pantry
Heat Miser
Watch Out Pylon!
Dendrobates
InTenSity
WhiteBoyHatcher
NigelUno
BobSaget
xsanguine
Travis of the Cosmos
tGreenWay
Da Mayor
Rocinante
Robert J Sakimano
Other Teams Pursuing That
I.B. Fine
steveschneider
Floyd Robertson
msugolfguy
AnomanderRake
Turtleneck
35 posters

Page 19 of 28 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 23 ... 28  Next

Go down

The political hodge podge thread - Page 19 Empty Re: The political hodge podge thread

Post by steveschneider 2019-08-22, 16:38

Cameron wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Correct, I think you want to be a cop but you just can't bring yourself to be one hence the reasons why you started your copophobic thread. It's your repressed feelings that is making you so angry.  I also believe on the subconscious level your true feelings that your repress come out when you police my posts all over this board.

So you think I secretly wish I could become a police officer, and the best evidence you can marshal in support of this absurd theory is that I hate cops and I hate you?

The part I put in bold, the answer is yes.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

The political hodge podge thread - Page 19 Empty Re: The political hodge podge thread

Post by Cameron 2019-08-22, 16:43

steveschneider wrote:
Cameron wrote:

So you think I secretly wish I could become a police officer, and the best evidence you can marshal in support of this absurd theory is that I hate cops and I hate you?

Why are you ignoring the rest of the sentence, steve? Something to hide?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-08-22, 16:55

Cameron wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Why are you ignoring the rest of the sentence, steve? Something to hide?

I think laid out my reasons a page back. Yes, I still stand by them.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-08-25, 13:53

Over/under on any world leader who asked him this? I will set it at 1.

[tw]1165677808896507904[/tw]
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-08-25, 13:55

I’ll take the under. Unless it includes him asking himself.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-08-25, 14:03

Rocinante wrote:I’ll take the under. Unless it includes him asking himself.

Nope.

I think the under is the safe bet.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-08-25, 23:29

[tw]1165759661603282945[/tw]
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-08-26, 07:44

Spot on.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/26/opinion/food-nutrition-health-care.html?smid=nytcore-ios-share

I’ve made an effort to eat better and eat more veggies. The costs of health care in our country is through the roof. We could save so much money In this country if we ate better and exercised more. One point this article missed.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2019-08-26, 10:18

steveschneider wrote:Spot on.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/26/opinion/food-nutrition-health-care.html?smid=nytcore-ios-share

I’ve made an effort to eat better and eat more veggies. The costs of health care in our country is through the roof. We could save so much money In this country if we ate better and exercised more. One point this article missed.
It probably has nothing to do with our working lifestyles in the US. I mean, I only spend around 2-3 hours commuting per day. This morning I left the house at 7:30, dropped both kids off to school and got in to work at 9:15. I'll be here until 4:30, at which point I'll leave and hope to make it home around 5:30, but if I leave at 4:45, I won't get home until around 6. I'm usually just tired and want to rest by that point. I wouldn't blame diet only for the health of this country.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-09-12, 16:32

Should this guy have been fired?

I don't think so. I strongly disagree with the sentence he gave Brock Turner, and I am fully in favor of his removal from the bench. But the guy is not a predator or a criminal, he's just a (former) judge who gave out a light sentence. I would think that ought not to bar him from any type of employment anywhere. No one would have been endangered by him coaching tennis, as far as I can tell.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-09-12, 16:47

Cameron wrote:Should this guy have been fired?

I don't think so. I strongly disagree with the sentence he gave Brock Turner, and I am fully in favor of his removal from the bench. But the guy is not a predator or a criminal, he's just a (former) judge who gave out a light sentence. I would think that ought not to bar him from any type of employment anywhere. No one would have been endangered by him coaching tennis, as far as I can tell.

There are very few secrets in the age of social media, and I’m sure the school was bombarded with calls. Never should’ve been hired in the first place, but it was best for students to get rid of him and put an end to the attention.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-09-12, 17:00

tGreenWay wrote:
Cameron wrote:Should this guy have been fired?

There are very few secrets in the age of social media, and I’m sure the school was bombarded with calls. Never should’ve been hired in the first place, but it was best for students to get rid of him and put an end to the attention.

"Never should've been hired in the first place"

Why not? He was evidently qualified as far as tennis skills/knowledge is concerned.

Is he just un-employable now?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-09-18, 18:44

Rumblings that a whistle optimist is trying to be silenced by executive privilege. Law clearly states executive privilege does not apply. According to CNN the move is unprecedented in the intelligence community. Supposedly involves someone who worked in the white house then moved back to the intelligence community. Supposedly reaches the cabinet or oval office.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-09-18, 22:29

kingstonlake wrote:Rumblings that a whistle optimist is trying to be silenced by executive privilege. Law clearly states executive privilege does not apply. According to CNN the move is unprecedented in the intelligence community. Supposedly involves someone who worked in the white house then moved back to the intelligence community. Supposedly reaches the cabinet or oval office.

Is this a surprise? Corey Lewandowski was never employed by the White House or the executive branch, yet they asserted privilege on any testimony congress might ask of him. There are no norms or rules anymore. When Collins brayed like a jackass for a point of order and a roll call and whatever other obfuscationist bullshit he could think of, Nadler should have told him to shove it up his ass. What could Collins do about it? Democrats and Republicans ought to play by the same (apparent lack of) rules.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-09-18, 23:07

Whistle Optimist.

Awesome.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-09-19, 06:27

Cameron wrote:

Is this a surprise? Corey Lewandowski was never employed by the White House or the executive branch, yet they asserted privilege on any testimony congress might ask of him. There are no norms or rules anymore. When Collins brayed like a jackass for a point of order and a roll call and whatever other obfuscationist bullshit he could think of, Nadler should have told him to shove it up his ass. What could Collins do about it? Democrats and Republicans ought to play by the same (apparent lack of) rules.
didn't Lewandowski work for CNN? The political hodge podge thread - Page 19 502811600

America is a stupid country.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-09-19, 08:08

I guess I have a real problem with this one.

1. Our president can say anything he wants to to a foreign leader over the phone. It’s not illegal to lie or to promise or to pretend he would do anything in the scope of gathering information or negotiating something with a foreign leader. I would really need a huge scope of context and I don’t think this whistle b-low er can supply this

2. None of us trust Trump because he’s a lying piece of shit, but this is a slippery slope guys. Do we really want to extrapolate that out to future presidents and negotiations?

3. Orange menace can promise foreign leaders anything but cant deliver without congress or our military carrying out things.

I guess I’m wondering how open we want our government. It’s a fine line.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-09-19, 08:20

DWags wrote:I guess I have a real problem with this one.

1. Our president can say anything he wants to to a foreign leader over the phone. It’s not illegal to lie or to promise or to pretend he would do anything in the scope of gathering information or negotiating something with a foreign leader. I would really need a huge scope of context and I don’t think this whistle b-low er can supply this

2. None of us trust Trump because he’s a lying piece of shit, but this is a slippery slope guys. Do we really want to extrapolate that out to future presidents and negotiations?

3. Orange menace can promise foreign leaders anything but cant deliver without congress or our military carrying out things.

As long as we can hold it together for maybe 40 more years I won't give a shit after that. It seems like at least once a week something new and horrifyingly unprecedented comes out about this administration. I'm just waiting out the clock on this as well. Hopefully only another year and change.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-09-19, 08:33

We don’t really know what the information was so it’s impossible to say. Since they haven’t done something like this in three years of this lunatic running around, id assume it was something serious enough for the intelligence community to finally be like “wait hold the fuck on” which tbh other presidents probably wouldn’t do anyway.

Given that like a week ago we found out that a we took a spy out of Russia, I’m gonna guess that trump was gonna give the guy back to Putin. But that’s just speculation. But also im not very concerned about other presidents doing that.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-09-19, 08:40

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

We don’t really know what the information was so it’s impossible to say. Since they haven’t done something like this in three years of this lunatic running around, id assume it was something serious enough for the intelligence community to finally be like “wait hold the fuck on” which tbh other presidents probably wouldn’t do anyway.

Given that like a week ago we found out that a we took a spy out of Russia, I’m gonna guess that trump was gonna give the guy back to Putin. But that’s just speculation. But also im not very concerned about other presidents doing that.

I’m not either. Point is, does this open a door to future “whistle lowers” who listen to our future presidents?

Look, I don’t know, and precedents have been set left and right with this guy, but I’m just wondering where lines should be.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-09-19, 08:47

If we’re talking in general, I would say that something less than absolute executive power would be ideal.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-09-19, 08:51

DWags wrote:

I’m not either. Point is, does this open a door to future “whistle lowers” who listen to our future presidents?

Look, I don’t know, and precedents have been set left and right with this guy, but I’m just wondering where lines should be.

I'm placing a lot of the blame for all of this bullshit on McConnell as well. Fucking turtle has done nothing to reign in the orange turd and he never will either. Trump could drop nukes all over Iran and the first thing he'd do would be to check polls in Kentucky to see if his constituents are glad that Trump did that. And being Kentucky they would be.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-09-19, 08:58

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:If we’re talking in general, I would say that something less than absolute executive power would be ideal.

At some point you probably have to look at scrapping the entire constitution. I can’t really think of anything we use from the 1700’s “as is” unless it’s a something like mackinaw island.....
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-09-19, 09:06

kingstonlake wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:If we’re talking in general, I would say that something less than absolute executive power would be ideal.

At some point you probably have to look at scrapping the entire constitution.  I can’t really think of anything we use from the 1700’s “as is” unless it’s a something like mackinaw island.....

I wonder what this guy thinks these days.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-09-19, 09:08

Do we let non elected cia office guys decide that?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-09-19, 09:13

DWags wrote:

Until we actually know what they did then honestly there’s no answering that question dwags. I already told you that.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-09-19, 12:13

Rocinante wrote:Whistle Optimist.

Awesome.

The political hodge podge thread - Page 19 1966794946
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-09-19, 12:17

DWags wrote:

Until we actually know what they did then honestly there’s no answering that question dwags. I already told you that.

So, there is a point where you’d agree any cia operative can whistle b-low at any time because they heard our duly elected president say this.....

Im wondering if you draw that line, where will the next be drawn?

I’m not saying there shouldn’t be one, I’m just thinking that we need to tread real carefully here.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-09-19, 12:32

What, in your mind, does whistleblow mean to you dwags?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-09-19, 13:15

Come on Travis. If what this is, an operative listening in on the President of the United States, we need to be careful. Do you think I’m defending him or the office? I believe in checks and balances. I believe in our whistle blo er laws. But I’m saying there better be huge context with this. Our executive has to have the ability to negotiate without fear of someone running to congress who perhaps has a different philosophy.

I’m guessing, with Trump, it’s something slimy illegal or life threatening. But the parameters better be clear in this. All I’m saying.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-09-19, 13:59

I’m guess ole fatso is on double secret oversight within the intelligence gathering community. What with him giving up classified info to the Russians a couple years ago. Sorry Wags, at this point he gets no benefit of the doubt. This dipshit is a national security threat from within. Can you imagine the anxiety the intelligence community must have knowing they lawfully have to share info with this fuck wad? I don’t see it being a problem down the road. Adults will be back in charge eventually.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-09-19, 15:54

DWags wrote:Come on Travis. If what this is, an operative listening in on the President of the United States, we need to be careful. Do you think I’m defending him or the office? I believe in checks and balances. I believe in our whistle blo er laws. But I’m saying there better be huge context with this. Our executive has to have the ability to negotiate without fear of someone running to congress who perhaps has a different philosophy.

I’m guessing, with Trump, it’s something slimy illegal or life threatening. But the parameters better be clear in this. All I’m saying.

I really don’t understand what’s so bad about that on its face. Congress should be more involved, and the president should be aware that congress is overseeing everything that they do or say.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-09-19, 16:32

This is why leaking to the press is preferable to using the chain of command often.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-09-19, 18:27

Rocinante wrote:This is why leaking to the press is preferable to using the chain of command often.

Excellent point.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-11-19, 02:48

What's the difference between a lentil and a chickpea?

Donald Trump has never had a lentil on his face in a Moscow hotel.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-11-19, 06:28

Cameron wrote:What's the difference between a lentil and a chickpea?

The political hodge podge thread - Page 19 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-11-19, 09:03

Cameron wrote:What's the difference between a lentil and a chickpea?

Please do not speculate.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-11-24, 17:40

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inverted_totalitarianism
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-12-01, 12:24

Odds this guy was an NRA member?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-12-09, 06:53

Finland's next PM is 34 years-old.

[tw]1204004278517555200[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 28 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 23 ... 28  Next