Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The political hodge podge thread

+28
GRR Spartan
kingstonlake
NumbersDude
aualum06
TrapperGus
Jake from State Farm
MiamiSpartan
The Pantry
Heat Miser
Watch Out Pylon!
Dendrobates
InTenSity
WhiteBoyHatcher
NigelUno
BobSaget
xsanguine
Travis of the Cosmos
tGreenWay
Da Mayor
Rocinante
Robert J Sakimano
Other Teams Pursuing That
I.B. Fine
steveschneider
Floyd Robertson
msugolfguy
AnomanderRake
Turtleneck
32 posters

Page 22 of 25 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down

The political hodge podge thread - Page 22 Empty Re: The political hodge podge thread

Post by kingstonlake 2021-08-04, 09:50

Turtleneck wrote:Alpena needs to focus on football. Their program should be a lot better. One winning season in like 20 years? Get this fixed Kingston.

Hockey school, turtleneck.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

The political hodge podge thread - Page 22 Empty Re: The political hodge podge thread

Post by Turtleneck 2021-08-04, 09:55

kingstonlake wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Alpena needs to focus on football. Their program should be a lot better. One winning season in like 20 years? Get this fixed Kingston.

Yeah, I know, but given Alpena's enrollment, they should be far more competitive. Only a few high schools in the NLP with 1000+ students.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-08-04, 10:02

Heat Miser wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Looked like it was a large field and the competition split the vote up. Read up on the money. Both of his endorsed candidates are getting heavily outspent.

So voters are only "fed up with the toxicity and divisiveness" when all other things are equal?

Apples to oranges comparison if you ask me. Trumps 2016 strategy was to win on pushing divisiveness. That parties platform is insane culture war that isn't even rooted in reality at this point.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2021-08-04, 10:35

steveschneider wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Looked like it was a large field and the competition split the vote up. Read up on the money. Both of his endorsed candidates are getting heavily outspent.

So voters are only "fed up with the toxicity and divisiveness" when all other things are equal?

Apples to oranges comparison if you ask me. Trumps 2016 strategy was to win on pushing divisiveness. That parties platform is insane culture war that isn't even rooted in reality at this point.

So it's only the Dems who are "fed up with the toxicity and divisiveness", and only when all other things are equal, and only when it's the progressives that are perceived as "toxic and divisive"?

I'm a little late to the party, but I'm beginning to get the whole "Fucking Steve" meme.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-08-04, 10:36

Turtleneck wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Yeah, I know, but given Alpena's enrollment, they should be far more competitive. Only a few high schools in the NLP with 1000+ students.

Bro, nobody gives a crap about football up here. In the summer kids are playing roller blade hockey. They ain’t throwing the football. On my old street there is a group of about six kids playing in the summer. 4 of them girls. As soon as my car turned the corner, like clock work they’d swoop in and grab the nets to get them out of my way. Lol.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-08-04, 10:40

kingstonlake wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Bro, nobody gives a crap about football up here. In the summer kids are playing roller blade hockey. They ain’t throwing the football. On my old street there is a group of about six kids playing in the summer. 4 of them girls. As soon as my car turned the corner, like clock work they’d swoop in and grab the nets to get them out of my way. Lol.

Yeah, maybe in Alpena, but that is not true across the NLP. Not even close.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-08-04, 10:50

Heat Miser wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

So it's only the Dems who are "fed up with the toxicity and divisiveness", and only when all other things are equal, and only when it's the progressives that are perceived as "toxic and divisive"?

I'm a little late to the party, but I'm beginning to get the whole "Fucking Steve" meme.

She blew a 35 point lead in eight weeks. What's your take on why she lost?

And I'll be honest I'm not sure I'm tracking the point you are making. Can you elaborate a little bit? If your point is that repubs are fed up with the divisiveness too, fair enough. There's the whole bunch of former gop that feel like they don't have a party.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-08-04, 10:53

Turtleneck wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

I forgot, but sometime in the early 1980s, Alpena didn't even field a team. I remember being told that a few times and I'm certain it's true. So I really see your point now.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-08-04, 11:03

Turtleneck wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I forgot, but sometime in the early 1980s, Alpena didn't even field a team. I remember being told that a few times and I'm certain it's true. So I really see your point now.

They put a new synthetic/field turf field in last year. So we’ll see. It promptly developed a sink hole lol.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-08-04, 15:48

kingstonlake wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

They put a new synthetic/field turf field in last year. So we’ll see. It promptly developed a sink hole lol.

When Escanaba blames their loss at Alpena on the crown of the field, they might have a point.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-08-04, 20:26

The first sentence in this clip is quite a doozy

[tw]1422918626299060231[/tw]
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-08-04, 21:21

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:The first sentence in this clip is quite a doozy

[tw]1422918626299060231[/tw]

So Obama having a party for a few people is irresponsible it governors forcing districts to keep masks off faces of kids is……?????

I cant believe the world we live in.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-08-04, 21:32

He’s a black man who stepped out of his lane dwags everything is his fault always and forever
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and GRR Spartan like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2021-08-04, 21:38

They definitely don’t like seeing his ass on Martha’s Vineyard.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-08-13, 00:02

But the "flammers."

[tw]1425831903085711360?s=20[/tw]
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2021-08-13, 06:02

Doesn't Louie know that birds aren't real?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-08-13, 08:47

Haha. Good point, Floyd. You ever think about running for Congress?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2021-08-16, 22:30

Truth and fact...

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-08-16, 22:52

The Pantry wrote:Truth and fact...

That is some weird wild stuff.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-08-16, 22:54

After four years of Trump it's funny when the MAGA trolls break out the confused old man stuff.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2021-08-16, 23:13

If you're claiming he's not a confused old man, you're loopy as he is.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-08-17, 05:21

Turtleneck wrote:After four years of Trump it's funny when the MAGA trolls break out the confused old man stuff.
christians are gonna christian.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-08-17, 09:23

The Pantry wrote:If you're claiming he's not a confused old man, you're loopy as he is.

He kicked your boys ass on the debate stage twice. 😎
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2021-08-17, 10:54

The political hodge podge thread - Page 22 Lebows10
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Turtleneck likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-08-17, 10:57

The Pantry wrote:The political hodge podge thread - Page 22 Lebows10

It was a fact. Your boy had a temper tantrum, and got his ass kicked on live television. Completely embarrassed himself. Got his ass kicked at the polls and went down as a one term loser. Couldn't even win Arizona or Georgia. Ouch!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-08-17, 13:04

steveschneider wrote:
The Pantry wrote:The political hodge podge thread - Page 22 Lebows10

It was a fact. Your boy had a temper tantrum, and got his ass kicked on live television. Completely embarrassed himself. Got his ass kicked at the polls and went down as a one term loser. Couldn't even win Arizona or Georgia. Ouch!
it is pretty funny when you think that the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator lost the popular vote twice, got impeached twice, lost the House and the Senate. The political hodge podge thread - Page 22 502811600 The political hodge podge thread - Page 22 502811600

but his christian faithful will never leave his side because he makes them feel better about their pathetic, fragile, insecure lives.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-08-17, 17:14

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

it is pretty funny when you think that the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator lost the popular vote twice, got impeached twice, lost the House and the Senate. The political hodge podge thread - Page 22 502811600 The political hodge podge thread - Page 22 502811600

but his christian faithful will never leave his side because he makes them feel better about their pathetic, fragile, insecure lives.

Remember when the racist sexual predator endorsed a child molester in Alabama and they lost a senate seat? I've never run a campaign before but my opinion is rule #1 make sure your candidate isn't a child molester.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-08-17, 17:21

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

but his christian faithful and mediocre white men will never leave his side because he makes them feel better about their pathetic, fragile, insecure lives.

Fixed
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2021-08-18, 16:49

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-08-18, 17:26

The Pantry wrote:

Do you really want to talk? Go back to YouTube and search "Trumps Words"
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2021-08-18, 17:51

MiamiSpartan wrote:
The Pantry wrote:

Do you really want to talk? Go back to YouTube and search "Trumps Words"
Yeah, I know. Still wish his twitter account was disabled after taking office. He was his own worst enemy.

Biden is no prize either, but got elected.

In my 62 years never felt as dismayed by US politics as I do now.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-08-18, 17:55

Yeah that’s how a certain segment of anti government low tax folk want you to feel. I know you think it’s because of the state of things, but that’s also how they want you to think of it. They just don’t want you to realize that it’s because you’re being manipulated, because that’s how the jig ends up being up for them
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2021-08-18, 19:16

Glad you think you have a handle of what's going on, you tunnel-visioned soccer junkie Wink
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2021-08-18, 19:35

I mean, I don't see myself voting R any time soon, but to say our current political landscape is dysfunctional would be a grand and unwarranted compliment. Different people may be dismayed by some different things (though I'd also bet many of the same if we're being objective about our "teams"), but being dismayed still strikes me as eminently reasonable
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-08-18, 19:37

When your only issue with Trump were his tweets, you’re part of the problem.

Last edited by Turtleneck on 2021-08-18, 19:46; edited 1 time in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2021-08-18, 19:42

Fair.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2021-08-18, 20:59

Is it Butt Hurt Friday or Butt Hurt Thursday or now Butt Hurt Wednesday?

Somebody is still butt hurt about the Nov 2020 Presidential election outcome.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-08-18, 21:15

GRR Spartan wrote:Is it Butt Hurt Friday or Butt Hurt Thursday or now Butt Hurt Wednesday?

I think Butt Hurt Thursday is supposed to be the new Butt Hurt Friday....

It's funny the only other supporters to run with this Biden is mentally unfit nonsense were the Bernie Bros. Biden kicked Bernies ass in the debate, and destroyed Trump the first two debates and the mental pressure was too much for Trump he bowed out of the virtual debate and chose to have one of his racist rallies instead. This Joe Biden ..for a guy that is supposed to be senile how does he do it?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2021-08-19, 00:02

GRR Spartan wrote:Is it Butt Hurt Friday or Butt Hurt Thursday or now Butt Hurt Wednesday?

Retired Secret Service friend said the current guys are drawing straws to determine who goes in the Presidential bathroom to wipe Joe's ass.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-08-19, 01:28

The Pantry wrote:

Retired Secret Service friend said the current guys are drawing straws to determine who goes in the Presidential bathroom to wipe Joe's ass.

We know this is a lie because you don't have any friends.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 25 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next