Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Al Franken!!!

+16
Frank Ricard
DWags
Watch Out Pylon!
Other Teams Pursuing That
Turtleneck
Floyd Robertson
TheReal_LWS
Rocinante
AnomanderRake
InTenSity
Travis of the Cosmos
GRR Spartan
steveschneider
WhiteBoyHatcher
Robert J Sakimano
NigelUno
20 posters

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Al Franken!!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Al Franken!!!

Post by DWags 2017-11-21, 12:20

OHHHHH MAAAHHHHHHHH GAWWWWWWWD HE HADDDDDD A COLORED BABYYYYYYYY

Strom Thurmond, Senator (R-SC), noted segregationist, fathered a child, Essie Mae Washington-Williams, with a 15-year-old African American in 1925 who was employed by the Thurmond family.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-11-21, 12:21

LooseGoose wrote:
Moore was a DEM before he stopped this behavior and turned R
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-11-21, 12:23

DWags wrote:OHHHHH MAAAHHHHHHHH GAWWWWWWWD HE HADDDDDD A COLORED BABYYYYYYYY

Strom Thurmond, Senator (R-SC), noted segregationist, fathered a child, Essie Mae Washington-Williams, with a 15-year-old African American in 1925 who was employed by the Thurmond family.
he was probably a whig before he was a republican.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-11-21, 12:48

• Newt Gingrich
    , Representative (R-GA) and leader of the Republican Revolution of 1994, resigned from the House after admitting in 1998 to having had an affair with a staffer while he was married to his second wife, and at the same time he was leading the impeachment of Bill Clinton for perjury regarding an affair with his intern Monica Lewinsky
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-11-21, 12:52

DWags wrote:

• Newt Gingrich
    , Representative (R-GA) and leader of the Republican Revolution of 1994, resigned from the House after admitting in 1998 to having had an affair with a staffer while he was married to his second wife, and at the same time he was leading the impeachment of Bill Clinton for perjury regarding an affair with his intern Monica Lewinsky

Al Franken!!! - Page 5 502811600

I think he was an adulterer before he was an adulterer.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-11-21, 12:58

Charlie Rose fired. Good riddance!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-11-21, 21:08

steveschneider wrote:Charlie Rose fired. Good riddance!

But they're circling the wagons on Franken, just like they did for Teddy Kennedy, Chris Dodd, Bill Clinton and others.

IT'll be fun to watch Dems talk about how all women should be believed.....even Lizzie Warren dodged the Franken question.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-11-21, 21:14

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Moore was a DEM before he stopped this behavior and turned R -

This is what I’ll always remember you as.

You admitting he did it. Now that he’s running with a R by his name, he’s good to go.

You’re not trolling, don’t say you are. You’re morally bankrupt. I’ll read your stuff with that in mind and keep showing you this quote.

You say he did this, so now he must be lying because he’s denying it. But that doesn’t matter to you.

Got it.

I never said he was good to go. He should go and so should all of those others. They won't though because Dems will fight to the end and you'll support them.

So quit with calling me a hypocrite unless you're willing to call on all of the other predators to resign.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-11-21, 21:15

DWags wrote:LooseGoose wrote:

All truth. Refute it if you believe it to be wrong.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-11-21, 21:17

You have lost your mind Goose.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-11-21, 21:18

DWags wrote:This is pretty fucking easy and it's the lowest of low hanging fruit that I'm parroting from a man who has zero morals only tribal instinct. Was it rock who said "Whataboutism" Pathetic.

He's not trolling, he's sick. Girls wear clothes too sexy. Girls are adults at 16, but children at 16.

It's not trolling, it's moral bankruptcy.

So only you get to play whatabout?

LOL, ok.

And distort and lie about what I said about dressing. IT's beneath you but I understand the need to lie when your arguments are bullshit.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-11-21, 21:19

You have ALL played "Whatabout" with Trump and every R since he was nominated. Now you don't want that to apply the other way. Typical Dem shit.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-11-21, 21:24

LooseGoose wrote:You have ALL played "Whatabout" with Trump and every R since he was nominated. Now you don't want that to apply the other way. Typical Dem shit.

Al Franken!!! - Page 5 502811600
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-11-21, 21:44

The cool thing about Trump is how trusting he is.

Trump: Vlad, did you interfere in the 2016 election?
Vlad: Of course not, Donald
Trump: Ok. Thanks. I believe you. Do you want some NSA top secret passcodes?

Trump: Roy, did you mess around with young girls?
Roy: Donald, I am a man of God, and a man of God does not do such things.
Trump: Ok. Thanks. I believe you. Do you want to expel some non-white people from the country with me?

Trump Defends Roy Moore, Citing Candidate’s Denial of Sexual Misconduct
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/21/us/politics/roy-moore-trump-alabama.html

"We don't need a liberal person in there..."
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-11-21, 21:45

Trump privately doubted Moore's female accusers
https://www.politico.com/story/2017/11/21/trump-roy-moore-accusers-doubt-257454
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-11-21, 21:59

Oh, but Trump was not so forgiving with African American and Hispanic teenagers accused of assault in Central Park. Even after they were exonerated by DNA evidence, he continued to claim they were guilty. I am not sure why he was so unforgiving with them as compared to others.

Donald J. Trump rarely apologizes. When it comes to the case of the Central Park Five, he has never even come close.

In 1989, after these black and Latino teenagers from Harlem were accused of assaulting and raping a white woman in Central Park, Mr. Trump spent $85,000 placing full-page ads in the four daily papers in New York City, calling for the return of the death penalty.

“Muggers and murderers,” he wrote, “should be forced to suffer and, when they kill, they should be executed for their crimes.” Though he didn’t refer to the teenagers by name, it was clear to anyone in the city that he was referring to them.

Incredibly, 14 years after their sentences were vacated based on DNA evidence and the detailed and accurate confession of a serial rapist named Matias Reyes, Mr. Trump has doubled down.

“They admitted they were guilty,” he said in a statement to CNN this month. “The police doing the original investigation say they were guilty. The fact that that case was settled with so much evidence against them is outrageous.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/18/opinion/why-trump-doubled-down-on-the-central-park-five.html
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-11-21, 22:17

“We believe Lindsay Menz. We believe Leeann Tweeden,” tweeted Indivisible, the progressive advocacy group that's gained prominence challenging President Donald Trump this year. “Senator @alfranken should be held accountable and he should resign.”

Democratic senators, who quickly coalesced around calls for an ethics probe, stayed mostly silent on Monday. Aides to numerous Senate Democrats in leadership, as well as female Democratic senators, did not respond to requests for comment on CNN's story about Franken’s latest accuser.

One exception was Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.), who said through a spokeswoman Monday that an Ethics Committee investigation is the “appropriate step and needs to happen immediately.”

“Time for Al Franken to go,” tweeted liberal commentator Sally Kohn. “Wrong is wrong. And the Democrats need to show they strongly AND CONSISTENTLY stand for women’s rights.”

Dan Muroff, who is running for the Democratic nomination for a House seat in Pennsylvania, said Monday that Franken’s “pattern of behavior toward women has rendered his voice for progressive values meaningless.” And CREDO Mobile, a cellphone company that maintains a liberal activism arm, on Monday similarly called for Franken's resignation.

"CREDO is committed to standing with women who speak out, holding perpetrators accountable and working to change the systemic and institutionalized misogyny that lets these behaviors continue without consequence," the company said in a statement. "We believe that Sen. Franken should immediately resign from the U.S. Senate and that Gov. Mark Dayton should appoint a progressive woman to replace him."

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/11/20/al-franken-second-accuser-lindsay-menz-250338
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-11-21, 23:27

LooseGoose wrote:

All truth.   Refute it if you believe it to be wrong.

Al Franken!!! - Page 5 2Q==
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-11-22, 06:39

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:This is pretty fucking easy and it's the lowest of low hanging fruit that I'm parroting from a man who has zero morals only tribal instinct. Was it rock who said "Whataboutism" Pathetic.

He's not trolling, he's sick. Girls wear clothes too sexy. Girls are adults at 16, but children at 16.

It's not trolling, it's moral bankruptcy.

So only you get to play whatabout?

LOL, ok.

And distort and lie about what I said about dressing. IT's beneath you but I understand the need to lie when your arguments are bullshit.

LooseGoose wrote:

LooseGoose wrote:

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-11-22, 08:25

LooseGoose wrote:All truth. Refute it if you believe it to be wrong.

Goose doubling down on an utterly stupid comment. Classic Trump. Al Franken!!! - Page 5 502811600
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-11-22, 08:54

LooseGoose wrote:

All truth.   Refute it if you believe it to be wrong.

I absolutely believe you're morally bankrupt and aren't trolling, and I'm not trying to convince you anymore of what is the right thing to do here, however, I find it interestng that you can come on here, after he's been accused by a shit ton of women, most likely you dont' believe the women, even though in one post (above) you say indeed he did do that behavior but has changed, and will all that evidence and women saying that, you are absolutely cock sure this guy doesn't still disrespect women, or has stopped assaulting them when he became a republican.  

No need to answer Goose, I really don't want one.  I  know you aren't trolling.  

Oh and......

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-11-22, 21:40

Speaking of Morally Bankrupt.

Two More Women Accuse Sen. Al Franken Of Inappropriate Touching
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-11-22, 21:41

Speaking of Media Bias and Morally Bankrupt....

ABCNews’ Alleged “Proud Independent” Chief Political Analyst [Matthew Dowd]: There’s a Big Difference Between Rapists and Molesters Working for “The Common Good” (i.e., Progressives) and Those Not Working for the “Common Good” (i.e., Conservatives).
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-11-22, 21:41

Speaking of Media Bias and Morally Bankrupt.....

MSNBC’s Joy Reid tweets, “The Kennedys occupy a special place in our national consciousness. JFK had a roguish gallantry. Jackie O had the glamour and pathos of a Hollywood star. RFK had the seeds of goodness and greatness. Teddy chased redemption. Americans love those kinds of narratives.”

Becket Adams of the Washington Examiner responds to Reid:

“Teddy chased redemption.” You can straight up drown a woman, sexually assault a waitress, etc., etc. and *still* be eulogized with this fluffy shit. The #MeToo movement sputters.

As another Twitter user adds, “Teddy chased that redemption right off the road and into the water leaving a woman to drown. But hey, each to their own, right [Joy Ann Reid]?”
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-11-22, 21:43

Speaking of Morally Bankrupt MEdia Bias......now back to you to lecture me Wags....These are Fucking national reporters with huge audiences not some schmo on a obscure message board...

UPDATE: “The Democrats are going right back into the same mode they did with Clinton. Don’t worry everyone. In 2036, brave editors will have ask people to write, ‘Franken should have resigned’ pieces,” Jay Caruso of the Dallas Morning News tweets.

New York Times columnist who called on Al Franken to resign has ‘second thoughts.’

CNN’s Dylan Byers Laments ‘Drain of Talent’ With Harassers Leaving Hollywood, Media.

How much worse can movies get? (I know, I know, that’s a perennial question for Hollywood.)

● The Times Is “Torn” About Whether Glenn Thrush Should Lose His Job Over Sexual-Misconduct Allegations.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-11-22, 21:58

Goose Nassar should just say there is nothing wrong with him, he did all that as a dem. Now he’s a repub. so it’s all forgiven.

That’s how fucked up that is.

Nothing bankrupt about me. I’m consistent on all this disgusting shit. You comit crime, yesterday or 40 years ago, go to hell. Changing parties doesn’t make a difference to the person you assaulted.

I know, you don’t get that. Not trying to convince you. Just saying it out loud.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-11-22, 22:09

Goose’s brain has long been broken on politics and I’m glad y’all are starting to wake up. I’m glad at least one of you isn’t going to post “oh you’re smarter than this” anymore. No he isn’t and he hasn’t been for a long time if ever.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-11-22, 22:53

You guys, Goose is the only one on this board that sees the light. We're just a bunch of dumb ol' libruls that are brainwashed by fake news.

Trump is the best President ever, right Goosie?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-11-22, 23:02

LooseGoose wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Charlie Rose fired. Good riddance!

But they're circling the wagons on Franken, just like they did for Teddy Kennedy, Chris Dodd, Bill Clinton and others.

IT'll be fun to watch Dems talk about how all women should be believed.....even Lizzie Warren dodged the Franken question.

Who gives a shit Goose.  
Franken himself has called for an investigation of himself while the pussy grabber gives his tacit support to Moore because they want his vote.  Has Trump asked for an investigation to address the 16 women who have accused him of groping?
But that doesn't count because he hasn't acknowledged it happened.

You've spent years supporting pussy grabbers, congressmen who cheated on multiple wives, Speaker Denny Hastert the friendly wrestling coach and now Roy Moore who was trolling a local mall and hanging around high school events to meet girls when he was in his late 20's early 30's.

All because they are pro life.  

Your pro-life / pro GOP mindset has destroyed your moral compass.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard 2017-11-24, 08:05

My bet is that Franken eventually resigns now that there's more allegations.  I don't see Dems or the media running to his support.  

I've even have heard some Dems saying they now view both Clintons' in a different view - it wasn't wrong to impeach Billy ( and it wasn't - he lied under oath.  Doesn't matter what it was about.  He lied under oath and he was impeached).  AND Hillary was a hypocrite for her defense of Billy Boy by discrediting the other women who came forward and said "Me too".  She was ALL for "women's rights", but not if it threatened to harm her or Billy Bub's political power. It's one reason some people were reluctant to support her in 2016.

So I don't see a double standard here.  My bet Franken steps down sometime in the near future after there's an investigation.  Franken = Bob Packwood
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-11-24, 10:28

Related: Ruth Marcus: Are we now at risk of overreacting to sexual harassment? It’s never an overreaction until it starts to hurt Democrats. As Richard Fernandez said, they put these torpedoes in the water to take out Trump, but now they’ve circled back around.

https://articles.oregonlive.com/opinion/index.ssf/2017/11/ruth_marcus_are_we_now_at_risk.amp
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-11-24, 11:13

This is a purely political strategy post. You all know how I feel about this shit. Franken will not resign unless he knows more will come out. You've got one credible accusation and a three questionable claims of ass grabbing. He also has a small army of women he's worked with saying he's not a perv. If he's smart (and there aren't more skeletons) he will continue to call for an investigation and cooperate with it. In the end, he may actually benefit from all this because of the stark difference between what comes out here and the accusations against, oh, say the president.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-11-24, 11:15

Franken = Bob Packwood

What the fuck? Not even close. Jesus Christ. Is nuance allowed at all or are we just reactionary fuckwads these days?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-11-24, 11:17

When Sarah -the lying sack of shit- Huckabee - the morally bankrupted - Sanders says that admitting to improper conduct is the difference and the flat denials of Trump and Moore are somehow a positive in the face of real credible corroborated allegations, well we are in a fucked up world indeed.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard 2017-11-24, 12:39

Rocinante wrote:
Franken = Bob Packwood

What the fuck?  Not even close.  Jesus Christ.  Is nuance allowed at all or are we just reactionary fuckwads these days?

I didn't explain myself.  I didn't intend to equate what Franken did to what Packwood did, but in the end my bet is the result will be the same.  Both out of office.  That's why I put the = sign in.  

Times are a changing.  You can't get away with what Franken did anymore.  It's not even what I necessarily think should happen, but my bet he will face enough heat to eventually resign.  That wouldn't have been true just 6 months ago.
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard 2017-11-24, 12:51

Rocinante wrote:This is a purely political strategy post. You all know how I feel about this shit. Franken will not resign unless he knows more will come out. You've got one credible accusation and a three questionable claims of ass grabbing. He also has a small army of women he's worked with saying he's not a perv. If he's smart (and there aren't more skeletons) he will continue to call for an investigation and cooperate with it. In the end, he may actually benefit from all this because of the stark difference between what comes out here and the accusations against, oh, say the president.

trump is an asshole. But bozo's bullshit isn't going to absolve Franken from his "sins". I'd probably even agree with you trump is the bigger asshole here, but imho, Franken is going to face more and more heat from his own party to eventually throw him out. It's just the way the political winds are blowing right now.

Hey, if I'm wrong and he stays in office, I really don't give a shit one way or the other. I'm just saying I bet the odds are in favor of him stepping down because of the climate. I'm not making a moral judgement on him saying he should step down.
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-11-24, 20:40

Rocinante wrote:This is a purely political strategy post.  You all know how I feel about this shit. Franken will not resign unless he knows more will come out.  You've got one credible accusation and a three questionable claims of ass grabbing.  He also has a small army of women he's worked with saying he's not a perv.  If he's smart (and there aren't more skeletons) he will continue to call for an investigation and cooperate with it.  In the end, he may actually benefit from all this because of the stark difference between what comes out here and the accusations against, oh, say the president.

Yes because it's always beneficial to have credible accusations made that you've sexually assaulted a woman.

This is the perfect example.   Franken grabs ass = beneficial to him.   Trump brags he could grab ass = Worst monster living.
Moore tried to date 16 year olds 30 years ago when he was a Dem, the didn't report it then but now that he's a Rep he should be hung, then drawn and quartered.

Now someone read this post of Roc's and scold me again for "tribalism".
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-11-24, 20:46

Now waiting for Roc and others to post telling us how it's beneficial for Conyers to be a serial harasser.

The idiot Dems could be rid of both of these and replace them with Dems.....instead I think this is what's going to happen.

Is Al Franken Going To Get Roy Moore Elected?
A gloss on Jazz’s post earlier about Franken’s latest non-apology. Becket Adams is right: The only misbehavior to which Franken has admitted is his pretend grope of a sleeping Leeann Tweeden, and he only admitted that because there was photographic evidence of it. Even then, all he would cop to is that it was a joke he regretted in hindsight. At no point has he confessed to having done anything prurient despite the fact that now no fewer than four women have accused him of groping or an unwanted kiss. He’s not attacking his accusers as liars, as Roy Moore’s campaign is, but rather as sort of … stupid. He’s hugged a lot of people, he says. If sometimes incidental contact was made in those hugs that women interpreted as a grope, well, he feels awful about the misunderstanding. But his intentions were pure. If you thought Al Franken was grabbing your ass during a photo op (“It was wrapped tightly around my butt cheek”), maybe you just don’t know what it’s like to have your ass grabbed.

And here's how it helps Moore....and I think the writer nails it.
Conyers’s lawyer said on Wednesday that he won’t resign. Franken seems to have no intention of resigning. Bill Clinton not only didn’t resign, the sudden Democratic reckoning with whether he should have resigned conveniently came a year after his wife lost the presidential election and was no longer of use to her party. If you’re a Republican in Alabama who’s disgusted with Moore but reluctant to vote for a Democrat, especially one who supports late-term abortion, you may look at all of that and decide to stick with your party’s nominee. Some may back Moore out of spite, as a middle finger to Democrats who like to lecture about the “war on women” but won’t do anything to purge abusers in their midst. Some may back Moore out of pity, that he’s being held to a standard as a Republican, a Christian, a southerner, and/or a candidate that sitting members of Congress who mouth “progressive” platitudes aren’t held to. And not just by Democrats:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-11-24, 21:07

you’re so far up your own ass you can’t even read. You are becoming that old conspiracy theorist that lives in the woods in northern Michigan and sends package bombs to.... oh shit waitaminute
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-11-24, 21:09

LooseGoose wrote:
Rocinante wrote:This is a purely political strategy post.  You all know how I feel about this shit. Franken will not resign unless he knows more will come out.  You've got one credible accusation and a three questionable claims of ass grabbing.  He also has a small army of women he's worked with saying he's not a perv.  If he's smart (and there aren't more skeletons) he will continue to call for an investigation and cooperate with it.  In the end, he may actually benefit from all this because of the stark difference between what comes out here and the accusations against, oh, say the president.

Yes because it's always beneficial to have credible accusations made that you've sexually assaulted a woman.

This is the perfect example.   Franken grabs ass = beneficial to him.   Trump brags he could grab ass = Worst monster living.
Moore tried to date 16 year olds 30 years ago when he was a Dem, the didn't report it then but now that he's a Rep he should be hung, then drawn and quartered.

Now someone read this post of Roc's and scold me again for "tribalism".

Goose?

He never said "could". Stop lying.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next