Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sounds like it's some sort of team - Engler & Blanchard for the interim.

+25
Watch Out Pylon!
steveschneider
InTenSity
The Matador
Dendrobates
Da Mayor
WhiteBoyHatcher
Jake from State Farm
Other Teams Pursuing That
Wally Fairway
NigelUno
MattyFresh
SawGreen
The Pantry
Floyd Robertson
Nordic
Cameron
Dr. Strangelove
tGreenWay
I.B. Fine
Death Roe
MiamiSpartan
Rocinante
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
29 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Sounds like it's some sort of team - Engler & Blanchard for the interim. Empty Sounds like it's some sort of team - Engler & Blanchard for the interim.

Post by Guest 2018-01-30, 12:03

2 former governors

well connected

Both MSU grads

I think this is a good idea.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Sounds like it's some sort of team - Engler & Blanchard for the interim. Empty Re: Sounds like it's some sort of team - Engler & Blanchard for the interim.

Post by DWags 2018-01-30, 12:06

Different parties, one cause. Satisfies a lot of Spartans.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Sounds like it's some sort of team - Engler & Blanchard for the interim. Empty Re: Sounds like it's some sort of team - Engler & Blanchard for the interim.

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-01-30, 12:08

Read about Engler.. haven't heard/read anything about an Engler/Blanchard team.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-01-30, 12:23

When I worked at the Lansing airport I used to interact occasionally with Governor Engler. That guy is a piece of work.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-01-30, 12:32

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Read about Engler.. haven't heard/read anything about an Engler/Blanchard team.
Not official, but apparently rumblings are that Blanchard will be a special advisor to Engler.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2018-01-30, 12:56

Rocinante wrote:When I worked at the Lansing airport I used to interact occasionally with Governor Engler. That guy is a piece of work.

Did he pee on the floor right after you mopped it?
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-01-30, 13:03

Death Roe wrote:
Rocinante wrote:When I worked at the Lansing airport I used to interact occasionally with Governor Engler. That guy is a piece of work.

Did he pee on the floor right after you mopped it?

I did do quite a bit of mopping back then, but no. Nothing like that. He was just an asshole. To pretty much everyone.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-01-30, 13:05

I never met Blanchard, Goose. Maybe he was an asshole too. I don't know.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-30, 13:13

Rocinante wrote:I never met Blanchard, Goose. Maybe he was an asshole too. I don't know.

The Engler triplets were cute babies.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-01-30, 13:22

They still are cute. Or were a few years ago when I saw an article about them.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-30, 13:24

I get a warm feeling all over when we're getting along.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-01-30, 13:30

LooseGoose wrote:I get a warm feeling all over when we're getting along.
Sure it's not your Depends leaking?
Sounds like it's some sort of team - Engler & Blanchard for the interim. 502811600
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-30, 13:32

I.B. Fine wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:I get a warm feeling all over when we're getting along.
Sure it's not your Depends leaking?
Sounds like it's some sort of team - Engler & Blanchard for the interim. 502811600

Sounds like it's some sort of team - Engler & Blanchard for the interim. 1550444538 Sounds like it's some sort of team - Engler & Blanchard for the interim. 1550444538
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-01-30, 13:49

Weak leadership. Couldn’t get even one of his triplets to attend MSU, and one is a blue.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2018-01-30, 13:57

Rocinante wrote:When I worked at the Lansing airport I used to interact occasionally with Governor Engler.  That guy is a piece of work.

Sounds like Roc is on it (if you read between the lines of the Crain's article):

Engler, a Republican, served as Michigan's governor from 1991 to 2003 and was known for imposing a commanding management style in his governance of the state.

---
Actually a great move - somebody is actually thinking - two former guvs one dem / one gop riding in to save the day.

Last edited by Dr. Strangelove on 2018-01-30, 14:00; edited 1 time in total
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-01-30, 13:59

Is that what a "blue" is? I never got that joke. I mean I thought that was probably what it was, but I didn't want to ask.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-01-30, 14:05

Rocinante wrote:Is that what a "blue" is?  I never got that joke.  I mean I thought that was probably what it was, but I didn't want to ask.
Exactly the sort of response deflection I'd expect from a blue.

Last edited by I.B. Fine on 2018-01-30, 14:07; edited 1 time in total
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-01-30, 14:05

Rocinante wrote:Is that what a "blue" is? I never got that joke. I mean I thought that was probably what it was, but I didn't want to ask.

Yes. See also: Turtleneck.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2018-01-30, 14:48

tGreenWay wrote:
Rocinante wrote:Is that what a "blue" is? I never got that joke. I mean I thought that was probably what it was, but I didn't want to ask.

Wakefield pining for Moritz Wagner was blue as fuck. So was OTPT agreeing with him.

Blues everywhere, I tell ya.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-01-30, 15:18

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Read about Engler.. haven't heard/read anything about an Engler/Blanchard team.

And I read about Blanchard, but not Engler. We're like the Capulets and the Montagues.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-01-30, 15:33

Cameron wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Wakefield pining for Moritz Wagner was blue as fuck. So was OTPT agreeing with him.

Blues everywhere, I tell ya.

Foxes in the henhouse.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2018-01-30, 15:34

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
Rocinante wrote:When I worked at the Lansing airport I used to interact occasionally with Governor Engler.  That guy is a piece of work.

Sounds like Roc is on it (if you read between the lines of the Crain's article):

Engler, a Republican, served as Michigan's governor from 1991 to 2003 and was known for imposing a commanding management style in his governance of the state.

---
Actually a great move - somebody is actually thinking - two former guvs one dem / one gop riding in to save the day.

I'm one of the least political person on the is board. I couldn't tell ya if Engler or Blanchard are democrats or republicans. During Engler's reign I was either trying to sneak into Rick's or trying to drowned my miseries from graduating.

Political viewpoints aside Sounds like it's some sort of team - Engler & Blanchard for the interim. 3742235224

Can these dudes speak intelligently? Good under crises? Because that has been severely lacking from MSU so far (except from Dantonio).
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2018-01-30, 16:24

Nordic wrote:
Dr. Strangelove wrote:

---

I'm one of the least political person on the is board. I couldn't tell ya if Engler or Blanchard are democrats or republicans.  During Engler's reign I was either trying to sneak into Rick's or trying to drowned my miseries from graduating.

Political viewpoints aside Sounds like it's some sort of team - Engler & Blanchard for the interim. 3742235224

Can these dudes speak intelligently?  Good under crises? Because that has been severely lacking from MSU so far (except from Dantonio).

They are both multi-term governors and lifetime politicians. They speak well and project a strong image. They have been called in to spin this into "we know msu fucked up but we're gonna fix it. Now kindly step aside and stop pissing on our leg and calling it rain. In fact why don't you just stfu and leave us alone. We'll get back you with a full report after next year's bowl season"
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-01-30, 17:08

I'm not sure if this is the entire/exact quote or paraphrased but the gist is the same as what I just saw on TV attributed to her about Engler being entrenched.

"Engler is a deep political insider at MSU," "At a time the university desperately needs, and survivors pleaded for, outside accountability and leadership, the board chooses one of the most entrenched insiders-Rachel Denhollander

Don't you wish public figures had to back up their phrases with evidence?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-30, 17:36

Floyd Robertson wrote:I'm not sure if this is the entire/exact quote or paraphrased but the gist is the same as what I just saw on TV attributed to her about Engler being entrenched.

"Engler is a deep political insider at MSU," "At a time the university desperately needs, and survivors pleaded for, outside accountability and leadership, the board chooses one of the most entrenched insiders-Rachel Denhollander

She's getting that from someone being tribal.

MSU needs someone they can trust to be honest and not screw them. So yes if there are more lumps to take we must take them but not to create lumps where none are existent.

I see Engler and Blanchard as MSU loyalists but also protective enough of their own reputations that they won't risk them to cover anything up.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-01-30, 18:00

Engler tried to dismantle public education and his pal Betsy DeVos, when not hiding from grizzly bears, is running the Dept. Of Ed.

What could possibly go wrong?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-01-30, 18:14

Why not bring Granholm in? In 5 years we would be blown away, just like last time.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-01-30, 18:15

LooseGoose wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:I'm not sure if this is the entire/exact quote or paraphrased but the gist is the same as what I just saw on TV attributed to her about Engler being entrenched.

MSU needs someone they can trust to be honest and not screw them. So yes if there are more lumps to take we must take them but not to create lumps where none are existent.

I see Engler and Blanchard as MSU loyalists but also protective enough of their own reputations that they won't risk them to cover anything up.

Don’t you wish public figures Swillers had to back up their phrases with evidence?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-01-30, 18:30

Other than being a politician and being a graduate from MSU, can anyone tell me how he is a "deep political insider at MSU"?

Preferably a response that's not coming from a Dem/Rep political angle (that means you, Goose...and maybe Bob....no offense, guys, just looking for more objectivity).

I'm not saying she's wrong, it's a genuine question. I don't have a clue what Engler has been up to since he left the guvnership, but I don't recall reading his name mentioned much in connection with MSU, despite my heavy message boarding during the last 18 years. So I am curious what his role has been with regards to MSU lately.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-30, 18:31

tGreenWay wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Don’t you wish public figures Swillers had to back up their phrases with evidence?

Sorry, I'm not stalking her to see who she's talking to.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-01-30, 18:34

MiamiSpartan wrote:

Other than being a politician and being a graduate from MSU, can anyone tell me how he is a "deep political insider at MSU"?

Preferably a response that's not coming from a Dem/Rep political angle (that means you, Goose...and maybe Bob....no offense, guys, just looking for more objectivity).

I'm not saying she's wrong, it's a genuine question. I don't have a clue what Engler has been up to since he left the guvnership, but I don't recall reading his name mentioned much in connection with MSU, despite my heavy message boarding during the last 18 years. So I am curious what his role has been with regards to MSU lately.

That's what I was getting at, just not so eloquently.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-01-30, 19:14

MiamiSpartan wrote:

I know you don't wanna hear from me.. but, my trepidation isn't the "political insider" angle as much as it is my concern about his efforts to dismantle public education in Michigan.

With being "interim" maybe he knows crippling education isn't his responsibility. Maybe he's just being brought in to make the trains run on time for a short while. I hope so.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2018-01-30, 19:17

I think, don't know, that Engler went private with some IT firm for awhile. I do not disrespect the guy because I've been in the (small) room with him, and he projects an air and has a good handle on things... and I can say the same for Blanchard.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-01-30, 19:24

LooseGoose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

So you admit your declarative statement was something you pulled out of your ass? You are what you accuse others of being.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-01-30, 19:30

MiamiSpartan wrote:

My guess is she would be opposed to anyone affiliated with MSU.
Or maybe she really believes John Engler is a part of the Deep (Michigan) State.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-30, 19:31

tGreenWay wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

So you admit your declarative statement was something you pulled out of your ass? You are what you accuse others of being.

My statement was based on her response. She didn't pull that out of her ass, someone fed it to her. Good lord man she has no knowledge of Engler.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-01-30, 19:37

LooseGoose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

My statement was based on her response. She didn't pull that out of her ass, someone fed it to her. Good lord man she has no knowledge of Engler.

Sounds like it's some sort of team - Engler & Blanchard for the interim. 502811600 Jeez, Goose, quit while you’re behind. I still love you like an internet brother. An infuriatingly stubborn internet brother. Sounds like it's some sort of team - Engler & Blanchard for the interim. 685334576
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-30, 19:38

MiamiSpartan wrote:Preferably a response that's not coming from a Dem/Rep political angle (that means you, Goose...and maybe Bob....no offense, guys, just looking for more objectivity).

Add about 10 more names to Bob or show me where they're anywhere near "objective".
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2018-01-30, 19:39

How the hell would Rachael Denhollander know who is and isn't a deep political insider at msu?

I know because of what Nasser did no one will ever ask her that question but it still grinds.

ESPN is running Engler and her comment on their fucking scroll too.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next