Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sounds like it's some sort of team - Engler & Blanchard for the interim.

+25
Watch Out Pylon!
steveschneider
InTenSity
The Matador
Dendrobates
Da Mayor
WhiteBoyHatcher
Jake from State Farm
Other Teams Pursuing That
Wally Fairway
NigelUno
MattyFresh
SawGreen
The Pantry
Floyd Robertson
Nordic
Cameron
Dr. Strangelove
tGreenWay
I.B. Fine
Death Roe
MiamiSpartan
Rocinante
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
29 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Sounds like it's some sort of team - Engler & Blanchard for the interim. - Page 2 Empty Re: Sounds like it's some sort of team - Engler & Blanchard for the interim.

Post by Guest 2018-01-30, 19:41

tGreenWay wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

My statement was based on her response. She didn't pull that out of her ass, someone fed it to her. Good lord man she has no knowledge of Engler.

Sounds like it's some sort of team - Engler & Blanchard for the interim. - Page 2 502811600 Jeez, Goose, quit while you’re behind. I still love you like an internet brother. An infuriatingly stubborn internet brother. Sounds like it's some sort of team - Engler & Blanchard for the interim. - Page 2 685334576

I'm stubborn because I don't compromise what I believe easily? Fine with me.

Of course she wants someone that hates MSU. That doesn't make her right. Blaming the whole thing on MSU is easier than hating everyone that had some role in allowing this monster to carry on for 20 years.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Sounds like it's some sort of team - Engler & Blanchard for the interim. - Page 2 Empty Re: Sounds like it's some sort of team - Engler & Blanchard for the interim.

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2018-01-30, 19:50

Her second statement is much less conspiracy oriented. I don't expect this to get much play from ESPN tho.

Denhollander fb
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-01-30, 19:59

The board assigned Engler because govenor Snyder is actively looking for ways to dissolve them. I just put that together. This move is one of survival as much as healing.

This editorial gets my blood boiling.

“The possibility that these deified coaches, still unverified at the time of this writing, will be lost was already sending outrage through the MSU community that, ironically, is far more intense than that which met the revelations of gymnasts being assaulted.“

Don’t click the news. But if you want to.

This sucks. This sucks.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2018-01-30, 20:08

Oh my God. I couldn't finish. The tangents between Nassar and Izzo and Dantonio were by unintelligent design. I'm just astounded that has a freep label.

How many kids did Dantonio dismiss (never mentioned)?
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-01-30, 20:40

DWags wrote:The board assigned Engler because govenor Snyder is actively looking for ways to dissolve them. I just put that together. This move is one of survival as much as healing.

This editorial gets my blood boiling.

“The possibility that these deified coaches, still unverified at the time of this writing, will be lost was already sending outrage through the MSU community that, ironically, is far more intense than that which met the revelations of gymnasts being assaulted.“

Don’t click the news. But if you want to.

This sucks. This sucks.
I'm not reading the article... but the BoT or Snyder wants to get rid of Izzo and Dantonio?

And maybe someone wants Engler to do the dirty work?

(sorry - just not totally following it).
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-01-30, 22:05

LooseGoose wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:Preferably a response that's not coming from a Dem/Rep political angle (that means you, Goose...and maybe Bob....no offense, guys, just looking for more objectivity).

Add about 10 more names to Bob or show me where they're anywhere near "objective".
It's got nothing to do with anyone's overall political stance. You have complimented the decision to bring in both and not said a bad word about Blanchard (I dont think, unless I'm forgetting something).

However, I was asking about her claim, not the overall decision on Engler/Blanchard. You had immediately called her claim "tribal" based only on a guess, so you were already looking at her comment as being party/political (which isn't to say you were wrong, just that you felt it was based in party politics).

And Bob was heavily about party politics in his comments on Engler (also, regardless of whether he was right or wrong).
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2018-01-30, 22:19

Dr. Strangelove wrote:Her second statement is much less conspiracy oriented. I don't expect this to get much play from ESPN tho.

Denhollander fb

STEP 1: Set up a meeting with Rachael and the other survivors. No media.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-01-30, 22:22

Nordic wrote:
Dr. Strangelove wrote:Her second statement is much less conspiracy oriented. I don't expect this to get much play from ESPN tho.

Denhollander fb

STEP 1: Set up a meeting with Rachael and the other survivors. No media.

Applause

Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2018-01-30, 23:00

so the faculty will give a no confidence vote against Engler? What in the hell does that mean
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-01-30, 23:03

MattyFresh wrote:so the faculty will give a no confidence vote against Engler? What in the hell does that mean

It means the Michigan grad govenor dissolves our board assigns someone that destroys the Athletics Department and we could be fucked.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-01-31, 09:24

Chris Solari Verified account @chrissolari 10 minutes ago

MSU Board of Trustee George Perles: "It doesn't get any stronger than this. Blanchard and Engler together, that's quite a team."

Steady there, George.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-01-31, 09:25

Riley P. Murdock @RiMurdock 56 seconds ago

The statement being read by Faculty Liason Laura McCabe is the same statement, so far, that was released by the Committee yesterday. Except in the present tense. "We are sadly forced" to bring a motion for a vote of no confidence, McCabe said. @thesnews
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-01-31, 09:26

Floyd Robertson wrote:Chris Solari Verified account @chrissolari 10 minutes ago

MSU Board of Trustee George Perles: "It doesn't get any stronger than this. Blanchard and Engler together, that's quite a team."

Steady there, George.

Will they be serving ribs?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-31, 09:31

MattyFresh wrote:so the faculty will give a no confidence vote against Engler? What in the hell does that mean

It means they can't put their University ahead of their tribalism.

Engler and Blanchard make a strong bi-partisan team to work for MSU, anyone that says different is full of shit.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-01-31, 09:43

I really think that our learned professors are missing the term "Interim" here.

INTERIM people. We need somebody now!

Then, lets have a search.

Jesus.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-01-31, 09:52

DWags wrote:I really think that our learned professors are missing the term "Interim" here.

Jesus.

Students might be missing that point, too, as witnessed by the kid who jumped on the conference room table during the meeting. I'm sure that's an effective way to state your point in some circles, like grade school.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-01-31, 09:54

Floyd Robertson wrote:
DWags wrote:I really think that our learned professors are missing the term "Interim" here.

Jesus.

Students might be missing that point, too, as witnessed by the kid who jumped on the conference room table during the meeting. I'm sure that's an effective way to state your point in some circles, like grade school.

Is there video of this somewhere?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-01-31, 09:58

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

https://www.wxyz.com/news/watch-students-interrupt-msu-board-of-trustees-meeting
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-01-31, 10:05

LooseGoose wrote:

Engler and Blanchard make a strong bi-partisan team to work for MSU, anyone that says different is full of shit.
LooseGoose wrote: I'm stubborn because I don't compromise with what I believe in easily? Fine with me.

Maybe they're just not compromising with what they believe in.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-01-31, 10:06

Fuck it. I'm now of the mind that we deserve everything we're going to get. This shit started when everybody started screaming for heads to roll, nobody could just take a step back and take a deep breath and try to steer this ship out of this shit. Everybody started screaming and grabbing the fucking wheel, and saying this is how it should go, and fuck it fuck it fuck it.

Here's where it ends up, ESPN, Moody's Auto Owners, Marilee fucking Dean Baker is front page of the Detroit fucking news. The lady that Cecil Mackey fucked us up the rear with and set athletics back ten years, who used to sit out on the steps of Jennison and take notes of people passing by, is interviewed about how fucked up Hollis is and how she would have done it right and there is a culture at MSU that none of us who have gone there are aware of. She got the last laugh.

Interim people. Somebody who does the day to fucking day business of MSU. DAy to day business. Interim interim interim interim

Fuck this. We deserve this. I'm pissed this morning, rant over.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-01-31, 10:13

The fact that the Detroit News went so far as interview Merrily Dean Baker tells you a lot.

I have been a loyal WXYZ viewer for 37 of the last 41 years (not counting my MSU years) and they are still running stories under the banner "Fallout at MSU".

Not a single one of the media outlets is taking a critical approach (asking questions) to anything (like the ESPN/OTL story), just sensationalizing the shit out of every minute development (like Denhollander's anti-Engler statement yesterday).

You would think the local media would be the ones trying to investigate and be constructive. Interviewing Merrily is neither.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-31, 10:23

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

LooseGoose wrote: I'm stubborn because I don't compromise with what I believe in easily? Fine with me.

Distort much? Not the same, but you know that.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-01-31, 10:26

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Distort much? Not the same, but you know that.
it was just a thought.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-31, 10:27

The most idiotic is the Prof saying it was too big a job for Engler to handle.

That makes sense in light of the fact that he was governor for 8 years.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-01-31, 10:29

LooseGoose wrote:The most idiotic is the Prof saying it was too big a job for Engler to handle.

12?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-01-31, 10:32

I agree with Bob. Everybody is now staying "with their principles" Everybody. And to do that, if it takes jumping on tables and screaming, that's what theyill do.

Yay. this is great. Welcome to Michigan State University
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-01-31, 10:33

Floyd Robertson wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:The most idiotic is the Prof saying it was too big a job for Engler to handle.

12?

Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-01-31, 10:34

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

https://www.wxyz.com/news/watch-students-interrupt-msu-board-of-trustees-meeting

Sounds like it's some sort of team - Engler & Blanchard for the interim. - Page 2 1f44d
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-31, 10:35

Sorry man, I was probably only awake for 8 of it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-01-31, 10:47

DWags wrote:I agree with Bob. Everybody is now staying "with their principles" Everybody. And to do that, if it takes jumping on tables and screaming, that's what theyill do.

Yay. this is great. Welcome to Michigan State University
I wish it were exclusive to Michigan State University - unfortunately, the age of hyper-partisanship is rampant in every way we conduct our lives.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-31, 11:11

In the video BTN is tweeting out the student comes off worse than Engler.   I thought Engler handled it with a pretty level head.

https://twitter.com/MichiganStOnBTN/status/958730124492341259
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-31, 11:13

Engler opening statement.

https://twitter.com/BigTenNetwork/status/958727808896811008
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-01-31, 11:16

if Engler can come in and take a hard line on improving the climate, addressing all aspects of concerns represented from all interests and begin to put some pieces back together, I am all for it. He's always been known as a tough negotiator - he's also the father of three daughters. It's my hope that he can blend those two aspects of his being together and lead people past this disgraceful and dark time.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2018-01-31, 11:22

Holy hell, kids jumping on tables, screaming, I am sure that kids parents are happy that their tuition dollars are hard at work.
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2018-01-31, 11:22

Robert J Sakimano wrote:if Engler can come in and take a hard line on improving the climate, addressing all aspects of concerns represented from all interests and begin to put some pieces back together, I am all for it. He's always been known as a tough negotiator - he's also the father of three daughters. It's my hope that he can blend those two aspects of his being together and lead people past this disgraceful and dark time.

here, here
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-01-31, 11:23

MattyFresh wrote:Holy hell, kids jumping on tables, screaming, I am sure that kids parents are happy that their tuition dollars are hard at work.
in the dude's defense, he was surprisingly polite.. Sounds like it's some sort of team - Engler & Blanchard for the interim. - Page 2 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-01-31, 11:27

Security!
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-01-31, 11:34

Now really isn't the best time to get on a political soapbox. We need someone to step in ASAP and I can think of a lot worse options than Engler.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2018-01-31, 11:36

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Now really isn't the best time to get on a political soapbox. We need someone to step in ASAP and I can think of a lot worse options than Engler.

The faculty liaison said part of their demands was to have a semester long process to decide on the interim president. Shocked
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-31, 11:39

MattyFresh wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Now really isn't the best time to get on a political soapbox. We need someone to step in ASAP and I can think of a lot worse options than Engler.

The faculty liaison said part of their demands was to have a semester long process to decide on the interim president. Shocked

I don't see where the faculty gets this holier than thou shit.....it was one of their own that DID this.

How does that empower them to decide anything?

Last edited by LooseGoose on 2018-01-31, 11:39; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next