Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sounds like it's some sort of team - Engler & Blanchard for the interim.

+25
Watch Out Pylon!
steveschneider
InTenSity
The Matador
Dendrobates
Da Mayor
WhiteBoyHatcher
Jake from State Farm
Other Teams Pursuing That
Wally Fairway
NigelUno
MattyFresh
SawGreen
The Pantry
Floyd Robertson
Nordic
Cameron
Dr. Strangelove
tGreenWay
I.B. Fine
Death Roe
MiamiSpartan
Rocinante
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
29 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Sounds like it's some sort of team - Engler & Blanchard for the interim. - Page 6 Empty Re: Sounds like it's some sort of team - Engler & Blanchard for the interim.

Post by DWags 2018-06-14, 23:05

So, I've written the counter to your well placed outrage three times and erased it now three times, however, dropping the Denhollander stuff, and i have an idea why Engler said what he said, but just for a moment, say that was you working hard at a settlement, working fairly upright, and lets just say, for one moment, that the girl in the meeting wasn't being totally honest with what was said.   I'm just giving a what if here.  Is it possible that you might be a bit cynical?   And also, write a private email and state your truth?   Would any of us do that?  I know between the two sides of that, as WBH says, ill advised meeting in his office, one of the sides is out and out just lying.   I'd really like to hear who you guys think it is.  Set aside your outrage at the email and meeting.  Who do you think is lying?   and yes, I know it doesn't matter, it's just a human interest question. 

(and before anyone gets on my dick that I'm not for making the victims whole, fuck you, I am.  Furthest thing from my mind. I'm just asking a social question that isn't the most comfortable to answer)
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Sounds like it's some sort of team - Engler & Blanchard for the interim. - Page 6 Empty Re: Sounds like it's some sort of team - Engler & Blanchard for the interim.

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-06-14, 23:15

Wags I have no doubt Lorincz and her mom were probably twisting words. It was still incredibly stupid to take the meeting and especially to take the meeting without counsel present. I'm sure he was throwing things around in generalities and they ran with it.

I believe Denhollander and she seems very genuine to me but hell, I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time. I'm sure there's also an element of truth to Manly and the attorneys for the plaintiffs grandstanding and playing things up and coaching the victims up.

In both cases that is beside the point. He should have known better and put himself in a really bad position. He has enough experience and enough counsel and advisors to not put himself into a position where things can be misconstrued. He was stupid and sloppy 3x. I don't really care if Lorincz was lying, or Denhollander was lying. He needed to be smarter in his handling of these things.

I'm not outraged at all, but I do shake my head at how sloppy it was. MSU can't afford these kinds of missteps. Like I said I don't think he's equipped to deal with this kind of shit in today's day and age.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2018-06-14, 23:16

@DWags

I don't know. I only know what was published from the FOIA. I kind of have respect for the guy, and that comes from an antagonistic point of view given my experience with him. It's one of those situations where, in a perfect world, his direction wasn't ideal, yet in the real world, it was more than acceptable.

The comments, today, in the public eye are pretty reprehensible.... unless of course they are true (emphasis back on I don't know).

I'm just an observer. And MSU officials at this point need to take some arrows no matter what the truth is. I'm somewhat ok with it, because it's a unique circumstance.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-06-14, 23:21

I also don't want to be misconstrued. I don't think he needs to burn on a stake or anything. I don't need another witch hunt. I just think he's served his purpose, he's now out of his element, and it's showing. I don't know if they're ready to hire the next President. I just think it would be good to transition to someone else who is a bit more in tune with the sensitive nature of the perceived (real or otherwise, and I tend to think somewhat real) culture on campus at this time. Engler served his purpose and his strengths I think played well and I think his weaknesses are now shining through.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-06-14, 23:27

yeah, I agree with both of you, and since we will never know the whole truth, what we do know is that something horrific happened to those girls, and fuck nassar to hell.   I was looking at my own feelings and thinking, if the girl and her mom were twisting my words, and it wasn't said, I might have shot off an email without thinking, so, at least for this, I'm giving him a pass.

To that end however, I'm 100% agreeing with WBH, he was a guy who we needed to get step one done, by all accounts, it seems like he did his job.  Now, lets get a closer who can clean this thing up and fix it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2018-06-14, 23:38

Here is what I do believe is best for MSU. When Engler's time is done, they should thank him. The school should not contribute to the mob by making a spectacle of it.

Quite honestly, if "they" do, my affiliation with the school will be reduced to sports rooting interests alone.

I talk to the kids who call me for donations, and the ones I've spoken with seem to be pretty level headed. It's those tied to the politics and direction of the university that concern me.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-06-14, 23:41

I think I agree with that. He knew he was going to get shit on. He came in and did it anyway. I do think it's time for him to go but like I said, I don't think we need to serve his head up on a platter or have some kind of dramatic BoT vote and removal. He's hardly the worst offender during this ordeal and it would merely be pandering to those who didn't want to see him appointed in the first place.

That said I am not strongly convicted enough to take that kind of stand either way. I'm just an idiot spouting off on a message board.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2018-06-14, 23:54

This thread is more evidence of tOld RCMB than any. Thanks for the dialog.

(maybe I'll photo shop Engler in the Kardashian anal tomorrow to make it official)
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-06-15, 00:02

Not sure I follow that SG. But yeah it was a good exchange of thoughts and opinions.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2018-06-15, 00:27

I think it's that it hasn't devolved. There is acknowledgement that nobody has been perfect, just people trying to do what they perceive is good (subject to more imperfection). I'm generally tired of the divisiveness in our society, fed through the keyboard. The recent exchanges seem to be, on the whole, pretty civil.

Last edited by SawGreen on 2018-06-15, 00:42; edited 1 time in total
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-06-15, 00:32

Cheers.

Yeah, it sucks. And it's rare. I kind of think American society is fucked.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-06-15, 08:11

DWags wrote:This article?  

https://www.chronicle.com/article/Michigan-State-Chief-Said/243656/
yeah, sorry - I was on my phone at the time.. and I wasn't sure how to post links, etc.

I appreciate what Engler has done to a certain extent. He was brought in to basically make sure that the Republican legislature kept the money flowing down Michigan Avenue to MSU. Engler is a Republican stalwart in Michigan. Respected, feared and admired by the party - all at the same time.

So I get all of that.. but as I've mentioned before, higher ed is a different beast than state politics/government. His reputation as a hard-nosed, "get it done" sort of bully might work in some capacities, but not in his current one. A lot of what has transpired sort of illustrates that.

So maybe MSU can expedite the search process as it relates to a permanent President? I know it's crucial that we secure the right person and I certainly don't want the process to be compromised just because Engler doesn't handle sensitive issues with the delicate gloves of a social worker.. but it's time to move on. It's my hope that we can thank him for his pro bono service and he and Michelle can ride off into the sunset soon.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-06-15, 09:11

Knowing he is interim, knowing that he is extremely accomplished in his career, and likely confident in himself, I think he is willing to take the slings and arrows to get another side to the story out there. I just think that he had to have known emails of his would get FOIA'd, and as a temp, he can take the heat easier. Just speculating.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-06-15, 09:16

see, I'm kind of on Miami's side here. Guy isn't stupid. It's also why I just am wondering out loud what was actually said during that meeting and if Engler wanted his side out there.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-06-15, 09:29

DWags wrote:see, I'm kind of on Miami's side here.  Guy isn't stupid.  It's also why I just am wondering out loud what was actually said during that meeting and if Engler wanted his side out there.  
I can see that happening.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-06-15, 09:40

I am not calling the man stupid and I can't entirely discount that theory, but personally, I doubt it. I think that if he was thinking ahead enough to know that these emails would get out there he would have crafted his messages more carefully. He already had the similar mis-step where his "carefully crafted" response to the sexual assault suit violated medical privacy or Title 9 laws or whatever.

This is why I think he's out of his element right now. It's a different world. It ain't 1996 anymore. You've got MeToo, you've got a very liberal culture on campus among students and faculty, you've got 24/7 media and social media. I doubt internal memos and emails and texts were getting FOIAd during his tenure as governor. These aren't huge slip ups but they're easy enough to make, and it starts the snowball rolling downhill.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jethro Bodeen 2018-06-15, 09:54

The shakedown of MSU couldn't have worked any better for the litigants and their political and legal advocates. Not only did the ambulance chasers turn MSU's pockets inside out with relative ease and speed- they succeeded beyond their wildest dreams in demonizing anyone and anything that stood in their way to such an extent that merely using the term "victim" instead of "survivor" brings almost universal scorn and ostracisation. They had and will continue to have everyone running for cover and virtue signalling like their lives depend on it- because their lives and livelihoods do depend on their ability to avoid suspicion of being "anti-women" or insensitive to women in any way. And they have ensured that radical feminism will be the dominant theme in MSU's institutional culture from now on- dangling over everyone's heads like the Sword of Damocles; poised to impale any "non-believer" (and indeed anyone failing to demonstrate sufficient exuberance for and servility to "women's issues") in true Authoritarian, PC fashion. If you think this BS will ever end at MSU- you are a naive fool. This is just the beginning because those responsible for this shakedown have found the winning formula and will use the MSU shakedown as the template for further actions everywhere- including MSU.
Jethro Bodeen
Jethro Bodeen
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 2018-06-15, 10:00

Good to see MSU complying with the FOIA requests, like this one that is only "slightly" redacted

Sounds like it's some sort of team - Engler & Blanchard for the interim. - Page 6 Engler10
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-06-15, 10:04

while I see Jethro's passion here, I think there is always a tipping point in everything. There will be some pushback. There is always a middle ground that seems to be right. I'm still naive enough to believe in America we always eventually find it. But sometimes, in order to find it, we need tolet the pendulum swing to the extremes one way, then another.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-06-15, 10:55

Welp, another shit show is about to commence. Two board members calling on him to step down. No doubt good ol Joel and a few others will make this a public fight.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-07-09, 20:15

President Search Website

Site was announced via email today. I'd post a copy but you probably got it.

I don't understand the RFP for search firms. Shouldn't there always be a short list?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-07-09, 20:24

It will definitely cut into my time exploring the internet, but okay, I’ll do it.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-07-09, 22:39

I will throw my name in the hat.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-08-22, 13:03

MSU names presidential search committee
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-08-22, 13:05

LooseGoose wrote:MSU names presidential search committee

Damn. I was hoping you and Bob were on it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-08-22, 13:13

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:MSU names presidential search committee

Committee members include DWags, an MSU grad with an extensive hat collection, LooseGoose, of Mio - known for his expertise in the area of baked goods, and a short fuse when it comes to posters he disagrees with.. and Robert J. Sakimano of East Lansing - easily the best-looking, most likable and most humble poster at tSwill..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-08-22, 15:04

Of all the dolts on the BoT to put on the committee they pick the biggest tone deaf, foot in mouth asshole.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-08-22, 15:06

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Of all the dolts on the BoT to put on the committee they pick the biggest tone deaf, foot in mouth asshole.

Yeah - the scary part is that would seem to indicate the sway he holds within the BoT.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-08-22, 15:19

LooseGoose wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Of all the dolts on the BoT to put on the committee they pick the biggest tone deaf, foot in mouth asshole.

Yeah - the scary part is that would seem to indicate the sway he holds within the BoT.

That's just unfathomable. It says a lot about the whole lot.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-08-22, 15:29

This.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-08-22, 15:30

Also, I honestly thought this search started at least a couple of months ago. Must’ve been the search to start the search.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-08-22, 15:43

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

Committee members include DWags, an MSU grad with an extensive hat collection, LooseGoose, of Mio - known for his expertise in the area of baked goods, and a short fuse when it comes to posters he disagrees with.. and Robert J. Sakimano of East Lansing - easily the best-looking, most likable and most humble poster at tSwill..

Sounds like it's some sort of team - Engler & Blanchard for the interim. - Page 6 502811600
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2018-08-22, 18:14

They're all politicians and we all know a hat size of 36 7/8 goes along with that.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2018-08-28, 22:04

Whoops. Someone in Engineering doesn't know how to .bcc an email/newsletter.

Boshgeia, Abdullah Ahmed <boshgeia@msu.edu>
To:
Dr. Michael A. Martel
'Craig Henquinet'
events@egr.msu.edu
Cc:
egr-alumni@egr.msu.edu
Aug 28 at 8:02 PM

Dear All,

Your back-and-forth emails can be seen by everyone.

Best,

Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2018 2:52 AM
To: 'Craig Henquinet'; events@egr.msu.edu
Cc: egr-alumni@egr.msu.edu
Subject: RE: MSU Presidential Search

Screw You!

Michael A. Martel, Ph.D.

From: egr-alumni [mailto:egr-alumni-bounces@egr.msu.edu] On Behalf Of Craig Henquinet
Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2018 7:36 PM
To: events@egr.msu.edu
Cc: egr-alumni@egr.msu.edu
Subject: Re: MSU Presidential Search

Get rid of Engler!

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 28, 2018, at 3:59 PM, <events@egr.msu.edu> <events@egr.msu.edu> wrote:

SENT ON BEHALF OF DEAN KEMPEL:

Dear College of Engineering Family,

The Board of Trustees announced the search committee for this year’s Presidential Search.
I am honored to have been asked to be a member of the committee along with 18 other colleagues.
As we craft the position description, conduct listening sessions, and begin the process of vetting candidates,
I want to encourage you to provide input to me (or other members of the search committee) so that we
can have the most robust and successful search possible.
More information on the search can be found at: https://msu.edu/presidentialsearch/

Best wishes,

Leo

Dean, College of Engineering
Michigan State University
428 S. Shaw Lane
East Lansing, MI 48824
Web: http://www.egr.msu.edu/alumni
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-08-29, 05:34

Dear All,

Your back and forth emails can be seen by everyone.

Sounds like it's some sort of team - Engler & Blanchard for the interim. - Page 6 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6