Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are we a lock to play in Detroit for the first/2nd (whatever) round of the NCAA?

+17
kingstonlake
aualum06
DWags
Death Roe
By-Tor
Da Mayor
Travis of the Cosmos
Turtleneck
Nordic
tGreenWay
NigelUno
WhiteBoyHatcher
I.B. Fine
Robert J Sakimano
Watch Out Pylon!
steveschneider
Other Teams Pursuing That
21 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Are we a lock to play in Detroit for the first/2nd (whatever) round of the NCAA? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are we a lock to play in Detroit for the first/2nd (whatever) round of the NCAA?

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-03-04, 11:20

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:With that being said, I’ll probably go both days. Life is too short to skip out on the experience of going to the game to save for a fucking tv, in my usually wrong opinion.
You’re right. Having been through that experience- you’re definitely right. It was fun when it was at the palace a few years ago. And I swear, I don’t remember for sure, but I swear the tickets were suuuuuper reasonable. I just don’t see much of a reason to do it again when I could go to the remainder of the pistons home games this year for the same price
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Are we a lock to play in Detroit for the first/2nd (whatever) round of the NCAA? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are we a lock to play in Detroit for the first/2nd (whatever) round of the NCAA?

Post by Guest 2018-03-04, 11:21

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

You know the time to buy one of those was October?   Make sure you consider a Wave Runner too.  Thanks for thinking of me.
Tbh goose I don’t know if I’m going to buy any kind of jet ski. But I certainly don’t want to blow $300 for a shitty seat to several basketball games I don’t care to see in person. Maybe I’ll put it toward a new tv instead.

What size TV were you thinking about? Do you plan to watch TV in the nude?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-03-04, 11:22

Bro you did not just use the rest of the pistons regular season games that are probably meaningless to justify not going to the first and second round of the NCAA tourney
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-03-04, 11:24

Also trav make sure you get an OLED
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-03-04, 11:27

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Also trav make sure you get an OLED

That might be beyond his budget, he seems to aspiring to save $300 for a TV.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-03-04, 11:30

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:With that being said, I’ll probably go both days. Life is too short to skip out on the experience of going to the game to save for a fucking tv, in my usually wrong opinion.
You’re right. Having been through that experience- you’re definitely right. It was fun when it was at the palace a few years ago. And I swear, I don’t remember for sure, but I swear the tickets were suuuuuper reasonable. I just don’t see much of a reason to do it again when I could go to the remainder of the pistons home games this year for the same price

#NotTeamTravis
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-03-04, 11:51

Meh. Like I said, I’ll prolly go to the second round on the secondary market. What they want for the whole package is nuts
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-03-04, 11:54

Trav i haven’t even looked are you talking face value through the ticket office or something
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-03-04, 12:09

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Trav i haven’t even looked are you talking face value through the ticket office or something
Face value or shit seat on stubhub, as of a few days ago, were still going for about $300 for all six games
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-03-05, 13:21

Lunardi has Purdue in Detroit and MSU in Nashville
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-03-05, 13:24

I don’t care how shitty the big ten is if the big ten reg season champ gets a 3 seed that’s bulllshiiitt
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-03-05, 13:34

I fully expect at 3.

At this point I'm sick of talking about it. And we've got 2 more full weeks to talk about it. Are we a lock to play in Detroit for the first/2nd (whatever) round of the NCAA? - Page 2 1431518612
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-03-05, 13:38

Meanwhile Purdue has losses to western Kentucky, Wisconsin, and Tennessee. Fuck this noise
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-03-05, 13:38

Wbh does a 3 automatically mean not Detroit
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-03-05, 13:40

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Wbh does a 3 automatically mean not Detroit
Probably the wrong person to ask.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-03-05, 13:44

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
Probably the wrong person to ask.

NIGEL!!!!!?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-03-05, 13:47

Guess that month of playing nobody/sisters of the poor/blind kids ended up hurting us
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-03-05, 15:10

Automatically? No.

It wouldn't be good though. 2 of Xavier, Cincinnati, and Purdue would have to get shipped to Pittsburgh or Nashville. It will help immensely if we are seeded above Purdue. Root for Cincy to lose early this week. We're not jumping Xavier.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-03-05, 15:17

NigelUno wrote:

Automatically? No.

It wouldn't be good though. 2 of Xavier, Cincinnati, and Purdue would have to get shipped to Pittsburgh or Nashville. It will help immensely if we are seeded above Purdue. Root for Cincy to lose early this week. We're not jumping Xavier.

Thank you Nigel your insight is greatly appreciated.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-03-05, 15:22

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Automatically? No.

I won't be bummed if we go to Nashville.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-03-05, 15:26

NigelUno wrote:

I will, Nigel. I’d like to attend the games in Detroit but at the end of the day if I get to watch it with friends and party in Detroit for saint patty’s day i guess that will suffice as well.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor 2018-03-05, 15:31

I want a three seed in BFE. We need to feel disrespected.
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-03-05, 15:36

NigelUno wrote:

I will, Nigel. I’d like to attend the games in Detroit but at the end of the day if I get to watch it with friends and party in Detroit for saint patty’s day i guess that will suffice as well.

Nashville > Detroit
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-03-05, 16:27

NigelUno wrote:

Nashville > Detroit

Probably, but my shit is booked and i doubt i can drag everyone there. With that being said... only 8 hour drive.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2018-03-05, 20:56

NigelUno wrote:

Automatically? No.

There really is no difference for Xavier and Cincinnati between the 3. All under a five hour drive. Nashville being the closest for them.
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-03-05, 21:06

By-Tor wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Automatically? No.

There really is no difference for Xavier and Cincinnati between the 3. All under a five hour drive. Nashville being the closest for them.

Come on NCAA you know you want that $
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2018-03-05, 21:29

Purdue- Nashville
Xavier- Nashville
Cincy- Pittsburgh
Villanova- Pittsburgh
MSU- Detroit
UM- Detroit
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-03-05, 21:37

By-Tor wrote:Purdue- Nashville
Xavier- Nashville
Cincy- Pittsburgh
Villanova- Pittsburgh
MSU- Detroit
UM- Detroit

It will probably be this.

Also would not be surprised if the committee got cute and set up a possible UM/MSU rematch before the FF. Do not want.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-03-05, 21:41

Xavier- Nashville
Cincy- Pittsburgh
Villanova- Pittsburgh
MSU- Detroit
UM- Detroit

If Purdue is seeded higher than MSU (and UM), they aren't going to Nashville.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2018-03-05, 22:14

NigelUno wrote:
Xavier- Nashville
Cincy- Pittsburgh
Villanova- Pittsburgh
MSU- Detroit
UM- Detroit

Why not? Nashville is like 45 minutes further for Purdue. Not enough to make a difference.
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2018-03-05, 22:44

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
Xavier- Nashville
Cincy- Pittsburgh
Villanova- Pittsburgh
MSU- Detroit
UM- Detroit

It will probably be this.

Also would not be surprised if the committee got cute and set up a possible UM/MSU rematch before the FF. Do not want.
That would suck. I could see them trying to get UM or us against Kentucky matchup in 2nd round.
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-03-05, 22:48

Kentucky sucks. We’d handle them.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-03-06, 16:44

By-Tor wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Why not? Nashville is like 45 minutes further for Purdue. Not enough to make a difference.

According to who?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-03-06, 16:47

Miles Foote, Director of Distances, NCAA HQ, Indianapolis, IN
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-03-06, 16:51

LooseGoose wrote:Miles Foote, Director of Distances, NCAA HQ, Indianapolis, IN

Are we a lock to play in Detroit for the first/2nd (whatever) round of the NCAA? - Page 2 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2018-03-06, 16:55

Are we a lock to play in Detroit for the first/2nd (whatever) round of the NCAA? - Page 2 502811600
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-03-06, 17:10

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-03-07, 09:43

Disaster scenario:

https://thebiglead.com/2018/03/06/lots-of-top-seeds-are-going-to-be-pissed-about-where-they-are-sent-in-ncaa-tournament/

Here’s a potential walkthrough of going down a seed list and bracketing to give the next team up the closest remaining site:

#1 Virginia goes to Charlotte

#2 Villanova goes to Pittsburgh

#3 Xavier goes to Detroit (Cincinnati is 263 miles to Detroit, 273 to Nashville and 288 to Pittsburgh)

#4 Kansas goes to Wichita

#5 Duke takes the 2nd Charlotte spot

#6 Purdue takes 2nd Detroit spot

#7 Cincinnati takes Nashville

#8 North Carolina takes 2nd Pittsburgh spot (slightly closer than Nashville but still a 7+ hour drive, so now that option is closed to Michigan and Michigan State

#9 Michigan takes 2nd Nashville spot (ahead of either SEC contender)

#10 Auburn then has to go to Dallas 700 miles away

#11 Michigan State then goes to 2nd Wichita spot 900 miles away

#12 Tennessee takes 2nd Dallas spot 840 miles away, foreclosing Texas Tech and Wichita State from being relatively close enough for fans

#13-16 Wichita State, Clemson, Texas Tech, and maybe West Virginia all go to Boise and San Diego. Even if one is the higher seed, Arizona and Gonzaga will probably be the 5-seeds out West.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-03-07, 09:48

At this point I’m just doubtful about it. Oh well. Shouldn’t have pooped ourselves against Michigan and played nobody for a month back around Christmas.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-03-07, 10:57

Not sure in what order they'll announce the teams/sites, but if they send Xavier as a 1 to Pittsburgh, I think they'll send Cincy to Nashville. Assuming both of those (and Purdue) are above us and UM is behind us...then Purdue and MSU go to Detroit.

No worries.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next