Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are we a lock to play in Detroit for the first/2nd (whatever) round of the NCAA?

+17
kingstonlake
aualum06
DWags
Death Roe
By-Tor
Da Mayor
Travis of the Cosmos
Turtleneck
Nordic
tGreenWay
NigelUno
WhiteBoyHatcher
I.B. Fine
Robert J Sakimano
Watch Out Pylon!
steveschneider
Other Teams Pursuing That
21 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Are we a lock to play in Detroit for the first/2nd (whatever) round of the NCAA? - Page 3 Empty Re: Are we a lock to play in Detroit for the first/2nd (whatever) round of the NCAA?

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-03-07, 13:52

NigelUno wrote:Not sure in what order they'll announce the teams/sites, but if they send Xavier as a 1 to Pittsburgh, I think they'll send Cincy to Nashville. Assuming both of those (and Purdue) are above us and UM is behind us...then Purdue and MSU go to Detroit.

No worries.

To be honest with you nigel, I’m kinda worried. But this post helps. You’ve been sending me mixed signals nigel.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Are we a lock to play in Detroit for the first/2nd (whatever) round of the NCAA? - Page 3 Empty Re: Are we a lock to play in Detroit for the first/2nd (whatever) round of the NCAA?

Post by DWags 2018-03-07, 14:10

Since I'll be Golfing in Tennessee, Thursday, Friday and Saturday of next week, I 'don't care where we play, cause I'm selfish.  I'll be off the course no matter where we play while we're playing.  My kid will be there, funny how the team wants Detroit, and the ancillary parts want Atlanta or Nashville.  Talk about selfish.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-03-07, 14:15

LooseGoose wrote:Miles Foote, Director of Distances, NCAA HQ, Indianapolis, IN
Are we a lock to play in Detroit for the first/2nd (whatever) round of the NCAA? - Page 3 502811600  

Mr. Foote has nothing on Dick Pound of the IOC.

Are we a lock to play in Detroit for the first/2nd (whatever) round of the NCAA? - Page 3 2016-07-21T22-31-17.9Z--640x360
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-03-08, 13:12

Matt Charboneau @mattcharboneau 6m6 minutes ago
More
Lunardi: "I would personally have Michigan State no worse than a 2, basketball-wise."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-03-08, 13:13

Chris Solari Verified account @chrissolari 8m8 minutes ago
More
Joe Lunardi of ESPN says MSU would get Detroit over U-M but Xavier/Cincy/Purdue the front runners for LCA. Calls the 3 sites in Detroit/Pittsburgh/Nashville "a mess" with amount of teams jockeying for spots there.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-03-08, 13:34

LooseGoose wrote:Chris Solari Verified account @chrissolari 8m8 minutes ago
More
Joe Lunardi of ESPN says MSU would get Detroit over U-M but Xavier/Cincy/Purdue the front runners for LCA. Calls the 3 sites in Detroit/Pittsburgh/Nashville "a mess" with amount of teams jockeying for spots there.

Thanks goose. Anything on Twitter that you find please put here as i want to go to these games badly.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-03-08, 14:09

ESPN - in between ACC games - say top 8 seeds are set. Possible movement within those, but MSU isn't in there.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2018-03-08, 14:32

LooseGoose wrote:Matt Charboneau @mattcharboneau 6m6 minutes ago
More
Lunardi: "I would personally have Michigan State no worse than a 2, basketball-wise."

Wins don't matter. Just bad losses.
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-03-08, 14:39

More

So a 2 would mean Detroit. Wtf he had us as a 3
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2018-03-08, 14:40

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
More

So a 2 would mean Detroit. Wtf he had us as a 3

Not him the NCAA
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-03-08, 14:55

I've changed my answer to "no fucking chance we get to play in Detroit."
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-03-08, 15:01

I've changed my answer to who cares, reveal the brackets already.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-03-08, 15:04

Heard Graham Couch yesterday on Ebling's show. He said he prefers MSU not in Detroit, as there will be too many distractions.

I think that's insane and probably him just trying to put a positive spin on them getting sent to Nashville.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-03-08, 15:07

Honestly Bob I don't think it matters either way. Team should get out of the first weekend if they're in Anchorage. If we're talking Regional...yeah.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-03-08, 15:07

http://www.mlive.com/sports/2018/03/espns_joe_lunardi_michigan_and.html

Wbh stop being so aggresive. I’d like to see them in Detroit, so i care.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-03-08, 15:12

I know it's important to the fans I'm just not sure why the local media is acting like it's the end all be all. I guess because they're lazy and don't want to travel but fuck em. Just don't think it matters that much as far as the team is concerned. He'll I'd probably go too if it were here but I'm sick of it.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-03-08, 16:09

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Honestly Bob I don't think it matters either way. Team should get out of the first weekend if they're in Anchorage. If we're talking Regional...yeah.
people get kind of selfish - it's understandable. But, heck, just beat the teams you have to play.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-03-08, 16:57

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Honestly Bob I don't think it matters either way. Team should get out of the first weekend if they're in Anchorage. If we're talking Regional...yeah.
people get kind of selfish - it's understandable. But, heck, just beat the teams you have to play.

Back to you in the studio, Tim.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-03-08, 17:09

Robert J Sakimano wrote: people get kind of selfish - it's understandable. But, heck, just beat the teams you have to play.

Back to you in the studio, Tim.
my post was brought you you by Golf Haus, for all your golfing needs.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-03-09, 08:25

WoJo weighs in for OTPT

Wojo: For UM, MSU to stay home, it’s all or nothing
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-03-09, 08:53

LooseGoose wrote:WoJo weighs in for OTPT

Stupid take. Don't bother reading it OTPT.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-03-09, 09:14

NigelUno wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:WoJo weighs in for OTPT

I guess I have to agree, no one knows stupid as well as Nigel.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-03-09, 09:44

LooseGoose wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

I guess I have to agree, no one knows stupid as well as Nigel.

You're kind of teeing that one up for me...
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-03-09, 10:37

While I’ll stay out of the insults, I’d have to agree that it was a poor take. Wojo says we have the better body of work and then goes onto say if it has to be one team it should be UofM. Sports writers are fucking chumps.

With that being said, thanks for posting goose. I’ll be reading this shit over the next two days and probably overreacting when we don’t get picked for Detroit.

Go SMU today.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-03-09, 10:52

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:While I’ll stay out of the insults, I’d have to agree that it was a poor take. Wojo says we have the better body of work and then goes onto say if it has to be one team it should be UofM. Sports writers are fucking chumps.

With that being said, thanks for posting goose. I’ll be reading this shit over the next two days and probably overreacting when we don’t get picked for Detroit.

Go SMU today.

Might as well root for Auburn and Tennessee to lose, so we don't end up in Boise.

And...SMU's best player is (most likely) not playing.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-03-09, 10:58

Honestly Nigel I’m super selfish and only care about Detroit. As bob or wbh said, just win. But noted.

That’s too bad about SMU. When it rains it pours.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-03-09, 11:09

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Honestly Nigel I’m super selfish and only care about Detroit. As bob or wbh said, just win. But noted.

I'm not driving to Boise.

Nashville > Boise
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-03-09, 11:12

NigelUno wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Honestly Nigel I’m super selfish and only care about Detroit. As bob or wbh said, just win. But noted.

Nashville > Boise

Would you go to Nashville, Nigel? I have a feeling my friends would not be up to drive 16 hours for a 2nd round game the day after st patty’s day. Did that for the Louisville elite 8 game but that was a tad different in college, and we had seats in like the 2nd row behind pitino.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-03-09, 11:17

NigelUno wrote:

Nashville > Boise

Would you go to Nashville, Nigel? I have a feeling my friends would not be up to drive 16 hours for a 2nd round game the day after st patty’s day. Did that for the Louisville elite 8 game but that was a tad different in college, and we had seats in like the 2nd row behind pitino.

I can go Friday. Not Sunday though.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-03-09, 11:21

NigelUno wrote:

Holy shit i just realized it’s under a 4 hour drive for you! No wonder you are lobbying for Nashville over Detroit. You sandbagging SOB
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-03-09, 11:45

NigelUno wrote:

Holy shit i just realized it’s under a 4 hour drive for you! No wonder you are lobbying for Nashville over Detroit. You sandbagging SOB

Dude. I just found the Holy Grail.

https://crashingthedance.com/distance

IF their mileages and seeding are correct, Xavier and Cincy go to Nashville, Purdue and MSU go to Detroit.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-03-09, 11:56

NigelUno wrote:

IF their mileages and seeding are correct, Xavier and Cincy go to Nashville, Purdue and MSU go to Detroit.

So we are the best 3 seed in this case.

LETS GO NIGEL!!!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-03-09, 12:37

Ponies keeping it close.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-03-09, 12:48

NigelUno wrote:Ponies keeping it close.

1 point game at half come on nigel!!!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-03-09, 13:09

SMU up 4! COME ON BABY

(Nigel does this actually matter)
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-03-09, 13:12

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:SMU up 4! COME ON BABY

(Nigel does this actually matter)

IT MIGHT!

Go PONIES!!!
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-03-09, 13:18

NigelUno wrote:

In regards to your IF - I wouldn't count on it. It lists Michigan as being "0" from Detroit.

My guess is b/c the difference w/ X and Cincy is negligible, $$ will win out and they send MSU or UM or both to tD.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-03-09, 13:25

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

In regards to your IF - I wouldn't count on it. It lists Michigan as being "0" from Detroit.

My guess is b/c the difference w/ X and Cincy is negligible, $$ will win out and they send MSU or UM or both to tD.

You are kind of wishy washy. Make up your mind.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-03-09, 13:27

Not really Nigel. My official position is a don't give a fuck. That doesn't mean I'm not allowed to take two seconds to post an opinion on a message board.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-03-09, 13:28

God I hope Cincinnati is in our bracket. They would struggle to be .500 in the big ten.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next