Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let the Foster Loyer Era begin

+18
tGreenWay
Other Teams Pursuing That
Cameron
DWags
CORNER BLITZ
Da Mayor
The Pantry
steveschneider
Clarett's Folly
Nordic
By-Tor
Turtleneck
WhiteBoyHatcher
Space Lord
Watch Out Pylon!
Senior Dickfist
Robert J Sakimano
Floyd Robertson
22 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Let the Foster Loyer Era begin - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the Foster Loyer Era begin

Post by Cameron 2018-03-19, 17:51

Floyd Robertson wrote:If he's on the team this year, we win the whole damn thing.

Not with Ben Carter getting more minutes than Jaren Jackson, we don't.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Let the Foster Loyer Era begin - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the Foster Loyer Era begin

Post by Guest 2018-03-19, 18:01

Much older starters next year. Much younger bench.

Winston PG Loyer
Langford SG Ahrens
McQuaid SF Brown Henry
Tillman PF Bingham
Ward C Goins Kithier
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-03-19, 18:15

Cameron wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:If he's on the team this year, we win the whole damn thing.

Not with Ben Carter getting more minutes than Jaren Jackson, we don't.

Don’t forget about his other big let down where he kept Deyonta Davis on the bench.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-03-19, 18:24

omg steve, stop with the hot takes. They are so bad. Seriously, stop.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-03-19, 18:54

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:omg steve, stop with the hot takes. They are so bad. Seriously, stop.

Davis averages like 16 minutes a game in the nba but Izzo had him on the bench at crucial points in that game. Not the best use of top talent if you ask me. One player was going to med school the other the nba. The choice was clear.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-03-19, 19:23

mental note to ignore all of steve's future hoops takes.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-03-19, 19:59

steveschneider wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:omg steve, stop with the hot takes. They are so bad. Seriously, stop.

Davis averages like 16 minutes a game in the nba but Izzo had him on the bench at crucial points in that game. Not the best use of top talent if you ask me. One player was going to med school the other the nba. The choice was clear.

Davis played in 36/82 games his first season. 6 minutes/game.
He's played in 49/69 games this year...under 14 minutes/game...lately it's been in the 16 minute range...sidenote...they are tanking games for draft position.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-03-19, 20:13

Steve is just frustrated that we won’t win another natty under izzo. It’s understandable, especially when a lottery pick is on the bench.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2018-03-19, 20:25

Does this kid have a poultry farm and sponsor a bowl game?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2018-03-19, 20:33

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Steve is just frustrated that we won’t win another natty under izzo. It’s understandable, especially when a lottery pick is on the bench.

Steve likes to listen to Soul Asylum.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-03-19, 21:50

NigelUno wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

He's played in 49/69 games this year...under 14 minutes/game...lately it's been in the 16 minute range...sidenote...they are tanking games for draft position.

And Wollerman NBA zero minutes. It’s just frustrating that we get to march and Izzo has these loaded rosters and some of his first round nba talent still looks like a deer in the headlights at the end of the season. The fact that wollerman or carter are playing over these guys in crucial games in March is a disturbing trend to me.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-03-19, 21:53

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Steve is just frustrated that we won’t win another natty under izzo. It’s understandable, especially when a lottery pick is on the bench.

MTSU and Syracuse were huge bummers. We had four nba players on that team vs MTSU. This year we had two lottery picks. I’m in the anger stage of grief.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-03-20, 09:54

MSU football fan @Sheehan_Sports Mar 18

At least we...

A) Didn’t blow a 22-point second half lead like Cincy
B) Lose to a 16 seed like Virginia
C) Lose by 4,000 like Auburn
D) Get housed by Buffalo like Zona

(Trying to be positive here)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-03-20, 10:54

LooseGoose wrote:MSU football fan @Sheehan_Sports Mar 18

At least we...

A) Didn’t blow a 22-point second half lead like Cincy
B) Lose to a 16 seed like Virginia
C) Lose by 4,000 like Auburn
D) Get housed by Buffalo like Zona

(Trying to be positive here)

All valid points. It was also a great group of kids. Definitely a very likeable team.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2018-03-20, 11:03

7 o’clock tonight. You can stream it.
https://www.nfhsnetwork.com/tournament/michigan-winter-championships/boys-basketball-mi
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2018-03-20, 12:06

steveschneider wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

And Wollerman NBA zero minutes. It’s just frustrating that we get to march and Izzo has these loaded rosters and some of his first round nba talent still looks like a deer in the headlights at the end of the season. The fact that wollerman or carter are playing over these guys in crucial games in March is a disturbing trend to me.

JJ has played like shit the last month. He looked lost on Sunday. He can blame himself for the lack of minutes (if he even cares).
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-03-20, 12:16

Don't tell that to hot take steve, Nordy. He went to a game and saw offensive genius Beilein run revolutionary sets that got his players open 3 pointers that they made, whereas the Ben Carter offense got our players open 3 pointers that they missed. Izzo needs to change. I hope he steps down soon, I'm sick of his act.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-03-20, 14:20

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Don't tell that to hot take steve, Nordy. He went to a game and saw offensive genius Beilein run revolutionary sets that got his players open 3 pointers that they made, whereas the Ben Carter offense got our players open 3 pointers that they missed. Izzo needs to change. I hope he steps down soon, I'm sick of his act.

I never asked for Izzo to retire or be fired. Just think he should adapt his game. We can disagree on Jackson but I think you put a player that talented on the floor in a game like that. Graham Couch says he would have stuck with him too. You can disagree with that but it’s a valid opinion.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-03-20, 14:26

Also, as disappointing as Sunday was I’m over it. It really is a great group of kids and I’m still proud of the coach and the team he assembled. 2018 B10 Champs is a great accomplishment. Go Green!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2018-03-20, 14:27

Izzo deserves the lion's share of the blame. His game plan. But one thing I will not blast him for is JJ's minutes. He's looked awful and disinterested for a while. Similar to Ward back in January when people were bitching about his minutes, he didn't earn more PT.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2018-03-20, 18:33

I believe that Izzo is partly(not totally) to blame for JJJ looking lost, disinterested and playing like crap down the stretch. Coaching a one and done is different animal and I think Izzo may struggle with it.
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-03-23, 17:48

MSU commit Foster Loyer lights up Breslin Center again with 42-point performance

He's now down to one game left in what's been a standout high school career before he enrolls at Michigan State this summer. Clarkston will play Holland West Ottawa at 12:15 p.m. on Saturday for its second straight Class A state title. The game will be televised on Fox Sports Detroit.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-03-24, 08:24

Loyer goes for a State title - Noon today on FSD.

Be there.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-03-24, 12:26

1st shot by Loyer is a 3pter nothing but cotton.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2018-03-24, 12:31

Loyer's defense is... Less than impressive.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-03-24, 12:54

27 points with 1:22 to go in the st half.

And doesn't even seem to be forcing the issue.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-03-24, 12:56

LooseGoose wrote:27 points with 1:22 to go in the st half.

And doesn't even seem to be forcing the issue.

I’m sure you already posted Couch’s column about the class, but his write up about this kid has me really fired up. He sounds like he could have a Respert type of shot.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-03-24, 12:56

29 points/ 3 assists at the half.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-03-24, 12:57

Doesn't look strong or quick but sure can shoot.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor 2018-03-24, 13:30

N e updates on this?
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-03-24, 13:33

Da Mayor wrote:N e updates on this?

Starters are out.
Clarkston up 40.
Running clock in the 4th.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-03-24, 13:34

Give me 3 Loyers and 2 Tillmans and I kill Syracuse.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor 2018-03-24, 13:40

Are we going to be slow and a liability on defense at PG the next 4 years, Goose?
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2018-03-24, 13:43

Final score Clarkston wins 81-38

Foster with 40
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-03-24, 13:44

Da Mayor wrote:Are we going to be slow and a liability on defense at PG the next 4 years, Goose?

WGAF when he's scoring 32ppg?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-03-24, 13:46

He's Scott Skiles on the court and Kirk Cousins off the court.

He will leave MSU an icon.

His legacy will be what Draymond, Denzel and Miles  wanted.

All these years I thought DeWeaver was the next chosen one and it was Loyer all along.

Last edited by LooseGoose on 2018-03-24, 13:54; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor 2018-03-24, 13:49

LooseGoose wrote:
Da Mayor wrote:Are we going to be slow and a liability on defense at PG the next 4 years, Goose?

I GAF when the opposing PG is scoring 34ppg.
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-03-24, 13:54

Da Mayor wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I GAF when the opposing PG is scoring 34ppg.

So twice a season you'll be upset. I'll take 32-2.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2018-03-24, 13:56

LooseGoose wrote:He's Scott Skiles on the court and Kirk Cousins off the court.

All these years I thought DeWeaver was the next chosen one and it was Loyer all along.

nail in the coffin #rip
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-03-24, 14:01

CORNER BLITZ wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:He's Scott Skiles on the court and Kirk Cousins off the court.

nail in the coffin #rip

I’m coming back in three days to check this out.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next