Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Santa Fe School Shooting.

+17
Other Teams Pursuing That
kingstonlake
Robert J Sakimano
steveschneider
Rocinante
NigelUno
aualum06
Dr. Strangelove
WhiteBoyHatcher
DWags
Watch Out Pylon!
y2kMgrad
InTenSity
MiamiSpartan
Floyd Robertson
tGreenWay
Tim Wakefield
21 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Santa Fe School Shooting.  Empty Santa Fe School Shooting.

Post by Rocinante 2018-05-18, 13:46

I know this will last about 5 minutes, but anyway...

Look at this kid’s face.

https://twitter.com/mrfilmkritik/status/997514363329302528?s=21
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Santa Fe School Shooting.  Empty Re: Santa Fe School Shooting.

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-05-18, 13:49

I'm fresh out of thoughts and prayers. Sorry kids.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-05-18, 13:56

Maybe she should get homeschooled if she doesn’t like freedom.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-05-18, 13:58

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Maybe she should get homeschooled if she doesn’t like freedom.

We laugh, but I guarantee virtual reality school will be presented as a great idea to prevent school violence. Hell it probably already has.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-05-18, 14:04

The NRA is a terrorist organization that celebrates mass shootings.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2018-05-18, 16:14

Robert J Sakimano wrote:The NRA is a terrorist organization that celebrates mass shootings.

This is just as stupid as the "thoughts and prayers" folk IMO
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-05-18, 16:31

You know what suck? This happened this morning and message boards just don’t seem to care. Meh, just another day in America where 8 teenagers got butchered. Nothing to see here. Let’s move on.

Post number 6 in this thread.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-05-18, 16:31

You know what suck? This happened this morning and message boards just don’t seem to care. Meh, just another day in America where 8 teenagers got butchered. Nothing to see here. Let’s move on.

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-05-18, 16:31

DWags wrote:You know what suck? This happened this morning and message boards just don’t seem to care. Meh, just another day in America where 8 teenagers got butchered. Nothing to see here. Let’s move on.

It's the new norm. Gun nuts win again.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2018-05-18, 16:36

Gun Free Zones really seem to be working.

Amirite?
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-05-18, 16:37

Dr. Strangelove wrote:Gun Free Zones really seem to be working.

Amirite?

The guns are definitely working. Amirite?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-05-18, 17:15

According to NBC he used a revolver and a shotgun. Might as well add those to the banned list.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2018-05-18, 17:50

Look we're not banning guns - that shit is a non-starter.

First off there are more guns than people in this country. What are you gonna do? Make 100 million people criminals?

Now if you want to talk about limiting access to weapons I'll listen. 

My daughter is in high school. 3000 kids are there every day and they have 3 cops. I don't have a high degree of confidence that if something happened there the cops would respond in a timely manner. At this point I say we allow teachers to CC.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-05-18, 18:02

This guy seems like a genius:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/man-shows-sight-santa-fe-150800287.html
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2018-05-18, 18:11

tGreenWay wrote:This guy seems like a genius:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/man-shows-sight-santa-fe-150800287.html
Rednecks. You gotta love em
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2018-05-18, 18:19

DWags wrote:You know what suck? This happened this morning and message boards just don’t seem to care. Meh, just another day in America where 8 teenagers got butchered. Nothing to see here. Let’s move on.

Wait a sec ... so because I think what Bob said is way off the mark, I don't care about what happened today?
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-05-18, 18:43

Dr. Strangelove wrote:Look we're not banning guns - that shit is a non-starter.

First off there are more guns than people in this country. What are you gonna do? Make 100 million people criminals?

My daughter is in high school. 3000 kids are there every day and they have 3 cops. I don't have a high degree of confidence that if something happened there the cops would respond in a timely manner. At this point I say we allow teachers to CC.

Very few people are talking about blanket banning guns. Many want certain types banned, but anyway...

I disagree on arming teachers.  Teachers are nurturers not law enforcement.  School safety officers are fine, but not always practical or available in every school.  How would you feel about universal registration, including when guns are sold person to person or at a gun show, and stiff penalties to the owner of record if his gun was used in a crime and hadn't been reported sold or stolen?

With medical record privacy being what it is, it seems like there are a lot of obstacles to linking mental health to gun ownership, so although I like the line of thinking that people deemed to be a potential danger to themselves or others could be kept from owning firearms, at least for the duration of the diagnosis, I think that's much harder to achieve than the first thing I mentioned.  I actually want to talk not flame.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-05-18, 18:58

Rocinante wrote:
Dr. Strangelove wrote:Look we're not banning guns - that shit is a non-starter.

Very few people are talking about blanket banning guns. Many want certain types banned, but anyway...

I disagree on arming teachers.  Teachers are nurturers not law enforcement.  School safety officers are fine, but not always practical or available in every school.  How would you feel about universal registration, including when guns are sold person to person or at a gun show, and stiff penalties to the owner of record if his gun was used in a crime and hadn't been reported sold or stolen?

With medical record privacy being what it is, it seems like there are a lot of obstacles to linking mental health to gun ownership, so although I like the line of thinking that people deemed to be a potential danger to themselves or others could be kept from owning firearms, at least for the duration of the diagnosis, I think that's much harder to achieve than the first thing I mentioned.  I actually want to talk not flame.

Read this for another angle. I partially agree with it, I think I we're seeing copycats. You squelch some of that by quitting making them famous.

https://hotair.com/archives/2018/05/18/school-shooting-epidemic-slow-motion-riot/

You may not agree with any of it but it's a different angle.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-05-18, 19:18

LooseGoose wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

Read this for another angle. I partially agree with it, I think I we're seeing copycats. You squelch some of that by quitting making them famous.

https://hotair.com/archives/2018/05/18/school-shooting-epidemic-slow-motion-riot/

Are people that use AR-15's in mass shootings copycatting other mass shooters using AR-15's?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2018-05-18, 19:21

We already have instant background checks when buying firearms. The gunshot "loophole" isn't really much of a loophole as most gun show dealers are already licensed firearm dealers and they have to perform checks to keep their FFL.

You're talking about private sales and gifts. You could pass some sort of transfer law I guess but that would be mostly ignored I'm sure for gifts. You might be able to drive private sales underground.

The anti-gun people talk about banning certain types of weapons - especially the scary looking ones. That's just cosmetics especially in the case of the AR-15. In reality the AR is an underpowered rifle that looks cool. I much prefer the M1 Garand which is the finest rifle I've ever fired. It's a 30-06 man killer. 

There's room to carve out hippa exemptions I'm sure but they're gonna have to change some laws.

I got no problem with CC teachers but then again I live in a Southern state where it's not unusual to see people open carrying at the grocery store. 

The whole gun Free Zone thing just seems like painting a target on movie theaters, schools and other places.

In this latest one at 17 he wasn't able to purchase weapons so he took his dad's. He used a revolver and a shotgun. There's no way those are ever getting banned.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-05-18, 19:38

Dr. Strangelove wrote:We already have instant background checks when buying firearms. The gunshot "loophole" isn't really much of a loophole as most gun show dealers are already licensed firearm dealers and they have to perform checks to keep their FFL.

Many unlicensed sellers sell at gun shows so there actually IS a gun show loophole, but it is related to the private sales loophole.  So you're saying that not only could we not "ban guns" but we also couldn't get people to register them?

You're talking about private sales and gifts. You could pass some sort of transfer law I guess but that would be mostly ignored I'm sure for gifts. You might be able to drive private sales underground.

Why do you think this?  If there were penalties if a gun you purchased was later used in a crime, don't you think people would obey a universal registration law?

The anti-gun people talk about banning certain types of weapons - especially the scary looking ones. That's just cosmetics especially in the case of the AR-15. In reality the AR is an underpowered rifle that looks cool. I much prefer the M1 Garand which is the finest rifle I've ever fired. It's a 30-06 man killer. 

Ok?

There's room to carve out hippa exemptions I'm sure but they're gonna have to change some laws.

Which I think is way more complicated than the other things I'm talking about. But worth looking in to.

I got no problem with CC teachers but then again I live in a Southern state where it's not unusual to see people open carrying at the grocery store. 

The whole gun Free Zone thing just seems like painting a target on movie theaters, schools and other places.

OK?  I think that is a canard, but not the points I'm trying to discuss.

In this latest one at 17 he wasn't able to purchase weapons so he took his dad's. He used a revolver and a shotgun. There's no way those are ever getting banned.

Again, I don't think any serious people that want to solve the problem are calling for that.

Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-05-18, 19:46

Rocinante wrote:In this latest one at 17 he wasn't able to purchase weapons so he took his dad's. He used a revolver and a shotgun. There's no way those are ever getting banned.

Again, I don't think any serious people that want to solve the problem are calling for that.

If the preferred method to stop shootings is banning guns then by definition to stop this shooting you need to ban the guns used.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-05-18, 19:46

LooseGoose wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

They MAY be reacting to the current societal temperament re: mass shootings, but what this argument advocates is "ignore it and it will go away." which is madness.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-05-18, 19:47

LooseGoose wrote:
Rocinante wrote:In this latest one at 17 he wasn't able to purchase weapons so he took his dad's. He used a revolver and a shotgun. There's no way those are ever getting banned.

If the preferred method to stop shootings is banning guns then by definition to stop this shooting you need to ban the guns used.

You're arguing with yourself buddy. Seriously. Now go find some freak on the internet that's like "BAN GUNS HURR DERR" and come back and go "SEE?!?! SEE?!?!" and then you can feel good about yourself.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-05-18, 19:50

Rocinante wrote:
Dr. Strangelove wrote:We already have instant background checks when buying firearms. The gunshot "loophole" isn't really much of a loophole as most gun show dealers are already licensed firearm dealers and they have to perform checks to keep their FFL.
[b]
Many unlicensed sellers sell at gun shows so there actually IS a gun show loophole, but it is related to the private sales loophole. [b]

To refer to the requirements for a private sale as a "loophole" is ignoring history and reality. Private sales of LONG guns were purposefully exempted. Private sales of handguns do require a permit or CCW.

Edit to clarify: something purposefully done is not a loophole.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-05-18, 19:52

LooseGoose wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

To refer to the requirements for a private sale as a "loophole" is ignoring history and reality. Private sales of LONG guns were purposefully exempted. Private sales of handguns do require a permit or CCW.

Edit to clarify: something purposefully done is not a loophole.

In many states they absolutely do not.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-05-18, 19:54

Rocinante wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

You're arguing with yourself buddy. Seriously. Now go find some freak on the internet that's like "BAN GUNS HURR DERR" and come back and go "SEE?!?! SEE?!?!" and then you can feel good about yourself.

Lol. I'm not freaking at all. You want to ban guns used in mass killings but not these guns used in a mass killing. Be consistent and quit with the histrionics. You say you want to talk then immediately go off with that stupid shit.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-05-18, 19:58

LooseGoose wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

Lol. I'm not freaking at all. You want to ban guns used in mass killings but not these guns used in a mass killing. Be consistent and quit with the histrionics. You say you want to talk then immediately go off with that stupid shit.

No. You are trying to paint me into a corner with YOUR words, not mine. This is why we can't have conversations. And ultimately it's because you're afraid of where a real, intellectually honest conversation will go. And that's fine. But don't pretend like you're reasonable about this.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-05-18, 20:02

LooseGoose wrote:
Lol.  I'm not freaking at all.  You want to ban guns used in mass killings but not these guns used in a mass killing.   Be consistent and quit with the histrionics.    You say you want to talk then immediately go off with that stupid shit.  

Speaking of consistency...

Are you still in favor of banning bump stocks?  

Because it seems like you changed your mind.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-05-18, 20:08

LooseGoose wrote:

It's kind of sad that you're happy he didn't use an AR-15, so you can create an argument on the internet.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-05-18, 20:12

Tim Wakefield wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:The NRA is a terrorist organization that celebrates mass shootings.

This is just as stupid as the "thoughts and prayers" folk IMO
and just like the religious kooks, you're welcome to your opinion, as well.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-05-18, 20:12

LooseGoose wrote:According to NBC he used a revolver and a shotgun. Might as well add those to the banned list.

this.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-05-18, 20:21

Just like “global warming”, i don’t think we should try to do anything. Imagine if we tried to do something and it didn’t work? Holy shit!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-05-18, 20:27

Why in the fuck are we the only country with this problem. Take banning away, take arming teachers away. Somebody come with a theory. Why is this happening here. Every country has social media, every country has internet and violent games every country has abuse and mental illness. But what country besides us has this?

I’ve got $1000 bucks to bet. By 5/18/19 we will have another multiple shooting/murder at a high school. Takers? You won’t, cause you know it’s gonna happen.

This is fucked up.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-05-18, 20:30

But cars are dangerous.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-05-18, 20:32

Yo wags i think the difference is we have more guns than any other country but please stay on topic here. Not the issue.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-05-18, 20:45

Thanks for your sacrifice kids. At a certain body count we'll actually do something. Unfortunately we're not there yet.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-05-18, 20:59

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:But cars are dangerous.

Ban all knives!!
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2018-05-18, 21:24

We are not the only country that has mass shootings but we are far and away the leader.

But we are one of the few countries that guarantees the right for virtually anyone to keep and bear arms. 

The only way to really reduce the number of shootings is to ban and confiscate privately owned weapons. That is a serious non-starter. That shit may fly in the liberal coastal cities but that's about it. 

Now we can try to mitigate access but not sure what else would work. 

You want to ban bump stocks? Fine. 
Want to put some sort of mental health hold? I'm probably good with that (depending on the exact terms)

But you want to ban century old technology? You lose me
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-05-18, 21:29

The Second Amendment gives you the right to have guns. It doesn’t give you the right to have as many guns as you want, and it doesn’t give you the right to own an AR-15 or any AR-style rifles.
Ban those fuckers.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next