Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Santa Fe School Shooting.

+17
Other Teams Pursuing That
kingstonlake
Robert J Sakimano
steveschneider
Rocinante
NigelUno
aualum06
Dr. Strangelove
WhiteBoyHatcher
DWags
Watch Out Pylon!
y2kMgrad
InTenSity
MiamiSpartan
Floyd Robertson
tGreenWay
Tim Wakefield
21 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Santa Fe School Shooting.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Santa Fe School Shooting.

Post by kingstonlake 2018-05-18, 21:33

I think in Switzerland you can own guns but they have to be housed at a facility for weapons. Kinda like a library. Except the books are guns. Might have my facts a little mixed but that's the jist of it.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-05-18, 21:34

Dr. Strangelove wrote:We already have instant background checks when buying firearms. The gunshot "loophole" isn't really much of a loophole as most gun show dealers are already licensed firearm dealers and they have to perform checks to keep their FFL.

You're talking about private sales and gifts. You could pass some sort of transfer law I guess but that would be mostly ignored I'm sure for gifts. You might be able to drive private sales underground.

The anti-gun people talk about banning certain types of weapons - especially the scary looking ones. That's just cosmetics especially in the case of the AR-15. In reality the AR is an underpowered rifle that looks cool. I much prefer the M1 Garand which is the finest rifle I've ever fired. It's a 30-06 man killer. 

There's room to carve out hippa exemptions I'm sure but they're gonna have to change some laws.

I got no problem with CC teachers but then again I live in a Southern state where it's not unusual to see people open carrying at the grocery store. 

The whole gun Free Zone thing just seems like painting a target on movie theaters, schools and other places.

In this latest one at 17 he wasn't able to purchase weapons so he took his dad's. He used a revolver and a shotgun. There's no way those are ever getting banned.

I’m not afraid of guns, nor do I think the AR-15 looks scary. I don’t know how underpowered the AR-15 is, but I do know it’s very good at doing what it’s intended to do; kill a lot of people in a short amount of time. There’s no need for civilians to own that weapon or any similar to it.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-05-18, 21:37

tGreenWay wrote:The Second Amendment gives you the right to have guns. It doesn’t give you the right to have as many guns as you want, and it doesn’t give you the right to own an AR-15 or any AR-style rifles.
Ban those fuckers.

I'm not sure how banning those is even an issue.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-05-18, 21:44

I'll guarantee you if there was a vote to allow a government sweep to confiscate every unregistered firearm in this country via a home check, the NRA would oppose it. If you have legally registered guns your fine. Just trying to get as many illegal guns off the street as possible. They'd still oppose it. That's how sick they are.

But a sweep to get rid of illegal immigrants. Hell yeah.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-05-18, 21:58

DWags wrote:Why in the fuck are we the only country with this problem. Take banning away, take arming teachers away. Somebody come with a theory. Why is this happening here. Every country has social media, every country has internet and violent games every country has abuse and mental illness. But what country besides us has this?

I’ve got $1000 bucks to bet. By 5/18/19 we will have another multiple shooting/murder at a high school. Takers? You won’t, cause you know it’s gonna happen.

This is fucked up.
There aren't many things in the last 250 years where we are like other countries, good, bad, and indifferent. This will require a solution unlike other countries, as well.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-05-18, 22:05

Floyd Robertson wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:The Second Amendment gives you the right to have guns. It doesn’t give you the right to have as many guns as you want, and it doesn’t give you the right to own an AR-15 or any AR-style rifles.
Ban those fuckers.

I'm not sure how banning those is even an issue.

You know why.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2018-05-18, 22:12

Ban those fuckers.
How are you going to ban the AR without banning any other semi-auto rifle?

The AR just looks scary. That's it. There's a reason why you aren't allowed to deer hunt with them in some states. At .223 they're just a varmint gun.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2018-05-18, 22:17

kingstonlake wrote:I'll guarantee you if there was a vote to allow a government sweep to confiscate every unregistered firearm in this country via a home check, the NRA would oppose it. If you have legally registered guns your fine. Just trying to get as many illegal guns off the street as possible. They'd still oppose it. That's how sick they are.

Fuck that. None of my weapons are registered. I'm not trolling that's the truth
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-05-18, 22:18

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
Ban those fuckers.

The AR just looks scary. That's it. There's a reason why you aren't allowed to deer hunt with them in some states. At .223 they're just a varmint gun.

It just looks scary? It hasn't been used in a lot of mass shootings?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2018-05-18, 22:28

NigelUno wrote:
Dr. Strangelove wrote:

It just looks scary?  It hasn't been used in a lot of mass shootings?
Fine. How exactly are you going to ban it? Like Clinton's ban? By name? It's a .223 semi-auto rifle. 

There are probably 10 million of them in this country. How are you going take those away?
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2018-05-18, 22:40

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
Ban those fuckers.

So high school students are no better than varmints?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2018-05-18, 22:54

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Fine. How exactly are you going to ban it? Like Clinton's ban? By name? It's a .223 semi-auto rifle. 

There are probably 10 million of them in this country. How are you going take those away?

Make it a felony to own one and then offer a buy back program for those who have them to turn them in. It wouldn't get rid of all them but it would get rid of most. I'd bet even the gun crazies would give them up if their freedom depended on it. But I know none of this will ever realistically happen because any hint of change on this issue is met with absurd slippery slope arguments like THE DEMOCRATS WANT TO TAKE AWAY YOUR GUNS, and there's too much money to be made and doled out to campaigns. So nothing will happen again, and we'll likely have this thread in another 6 months, again. Sad.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-05-18, 22:58

y2kMgrad wrote:
Dr. Strangelove wrote:

Make it a felony to own one and then offer a buy back program for those who have them to turn them in. It wouldn't get rid of all them but it would get rid of most. I'd bet even the gun crazies would give them up if their freedom depended on it. But I know none of this will ever realistically happen because any hint of change on this issue is met with absurd slippery slope arguments like THE DEMOCRATS WANT TO TAKE AWAY YOUR GUNS, and there's too much money to be made and doled out to campaigns. So nothing will happen again, and we'll likely have this thread in another 6 months, again. Sad.

More like six days. Isn't this the 22nd school shooting this year? Or do we only count mass shooting now?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2018-05-18, 23:11

y2kMgrad wrote:
Dr. Strangelove wrote:

Make it a felony to own one and then offer a buy back program for those who have them to turn them in. It wouldn't get rid of all them but it would get rid of most. I'd bet even the gun crazies would give them up if their freedom depended on it. But I know none of this will ever realistically happen because any hint of change on this issue is met with absurd slippery slope arguments like THE DEMOCRATS WANT TO TAKE AWAY YOUR GUNS, and there's too much money to be made and doled out to campaigns. So nothing will happen again, and we'll likely have this d in another 6 months, again. Sad.
Make it a  felony to own what? An AR-15?  What's to stop a company from selling a AR-51?

Or are you going to make it a felony to own a semi-automatic rifle? 

You can't do it. It's not possible. There are too many weapons and nobody knows who has them. There is no national gun registry.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2018-05-18, 23:12

InTenSity wrote:
Dr. Strangelove wrote:

So high school students are no better than varmints?
Im saying guns are made for killing and there are a lot better weapons to use than the AR. If it were me I'd get an M-1
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-05-18, 23:13

There is nothing than can be done. Just move on.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-05-18, 23:19

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

What is the reason you aren't allowed to deer hunt with them? Is it just because it's a varmint gun? Or is it something else?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2018-05-18, 23:19

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
y2kMgrad wrote:

Make it a felony to own one and then offer a buy back program for those who have them to turn them in. It wouldn't get rid of all them but it would get rid of most. I'd bet even the gun crazies would give them up if their freedom depended on it. But I know none of this will ever realistically happen because any hint of change on this issue is met with absurd slippery slope arguments like THE DEMOCRATS WANT TO TAKE AWAY YOUR GUNS, and there's too much money to be made and doled out to campaigns. So nothing will happen again, and we'll likely have this d in another 6 months, again. Sad.
Make it a  felony to own what? An AR-15?  What's to stop a company from selling a AR-51?

You can't do it. It's not possible. There are too many weapons and nobody knows who has them. There is no national gun registry.

It's not impossible at all. You just pass a law making them illegal. That's it. There's no national crack registry either but possession is still a felony. But I know it'll never happen, so I don't even know why I'm arguing it.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2018-05-18, 23:31

NigelUno wrote:
Dr. Strangelove wrote:

What is the reason you aren't allowed to deer hunt with them?  Is it just because it's a varmint gun?  Or is it something else?  
Because the .223 round isn't powerful enough to guarantee a deer will be killed with one shot. That's why it's classified as a varmint gun (coyotes, rabbits, etc)
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2018-05-18, 23:33

y2kMgrad wrote:
Dr. Strangelove wrote:

It's not impossible at all. You just pass a law making them illegal. That's it. There's no national crack registry either but possession is still a felony. But I know it'll never happen, so I don't even know why I'm arguing it.
What are you making illegal? ARs? Semi-auto rifles? .223 rifles?
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-05-19, 04:48

Nothing is going to happen. It's not even worth arguing over. Kids need to toughen up and get used to the idea of random gunfire in schools.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2018-05-19, 06:27

Maybe we should ask the Post Office how they solved their shooting problem
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-05-19, 07:09

I think if every black, Muslim and Hispanic male over the age of 18 who could legally purchase a gun went and bought one tomorrow, white folks would do something about our gun/murder culture by Monday morning.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-05-19, 07:11

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Nothing is going to happen. It's not even worth arguing over. Kids need to toughen up and get used to the idea of random gunfire in schools.
as long as we live in a culture that values money more than life, you are correct.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-05-19, 07:19

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I think if every black, Muslim and Hispanic male over the age of 18 who could legally purchase a gun went and bought one tomorrow, white folks would do something about our gun/murder culture by Monday morning.

lol, everything is racial to the non racist.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-05-19, 07:19

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

What is the reason you aren't allowed to deer hunt with them?  Is it just because it's a varmint gun?  Or is it something else?  
Because the .223 round isn't powerful enough to guarantee a deer will be killed with one shot. That's why it's classified as a varmint gun (coyotes, rabbits, etc)

Are there a lot of people using AR-15's to kill coyotes and rabbits? Is that what it was designed for?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-05-19, 07:32

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Nothing is going to happen. It's not even worth arguing over. Kids need to toughen up and get used to the idea of random gunfire in schools.

Just need to reduce the number of doors and entry points to a school. Maybe build a moat with alligators.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-05-19, 08:01

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I think if every black, Muslim and Hispanic male over the age of 18 who could legally purchase a gun went and bought one tomorrow, white folks would do something about our gun/murder culture by Monday morning.

has the racist, bigoted sexual predator called the shooter an "animal" yet or does he just save that term for brown people?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-05-19, 08:07

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

has the racist, bigoted sexual predator called the shooter an "animal" yet or does he just save that term for brown people?

He pretty much saves that for vicious murdering gang members.

Of course it's amusing how many of the commentators critiquing his use of the term have called him an animal in the past.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-05-19, 08:12

kingstonlake wrote:I think in Switzerland you can own guns but they have to be housed at a facility for weapons. Kinda like a library. Except the books are guns. Might have my facts a little mixed but that's the jist of it.

So no one could check them out and use them for a mass shooting? Doubt it.

Firearms legislation in Switzerland comes from a long tradition of shooting (tirs) as a formative element of national identity in the post-Napoleonic Restoration of the Confederacy,[1] and the long-standing practice of a militia organization of the Swiss Army in which soldiers' service rifles are stored privately at home. In addition to this, many cantons (notably the alpine cantons of Grisons and Valais) have strong traditions of hunting, accounting for a large but unknown number of privately held hunting rifles.
+

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Switzerland
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-05-19, 08:28

The US has a third world mentality when it comes to guns. We need them for protection we say. The only other countries that thinks like this are the shithole countries. Guess that kinda makes us a shithole country too.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-05-19, 08:40

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:The US has a third world mentality when it comes to guns. We need them for protection we say. The only other countries that thinks like this are the shithole countries. Guess that kinda makes us a shithole country too.

I thought we needed them for recreation and hunting. Sorry you're forced to live in such a hellhole.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-05-19, 08:42

LooseGoose wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:The US has a third world mentality when it comes to guns. We need them for protection we say. The only other countries that thinks like this are the shithole countries. Guess that kinda makes us a shithole country too.

I thought we needed them for recreation and hunting.   Sorry you're forced to live in such a hellhole.

I'm sorry you're willfully ignorant.

But I'll play. Since your premise is we don't need them for protection we can repeal the 2nd amendment.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-05-19, 08:45

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I thought we needed them for recreation and hunting. Sorry you're forced to live in such a hellhole.

As usual, the insult is your preferred method of communication. Boy you really got me. Now tell me more about ignorance?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-05-19, 08:51

LooseGoose wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

As usual, the insult is your preferred method of communication. Boy you really got me. Now tell me more about ignorance?

You're not worth the effort. Sorry. Try harder to be honest and we can talk then.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-05-19, 09:01

LooseGoose wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:I think in Switzerland you can own guns but they have to be housed at a facility for weapons. Kinda like a library. Except the books are guns. Might have my facts a little mixed but that's the jist of it.

So no one could check them out and use them for a mass shooting? Doubt it.

Firearms legislation in Switzerland comes from a long tradition of shooting (tirs) as a formative element of national identity in the post-Napoleonic Restoration of the Confederacy,[1] and the long-standing practice of a militia organization of the Swiss Army in which soldiers' service rifles are stored privately at home. In addition to this, many cantons (notably the alpine cantons of Grisons and Valais) have strong traditions of hunting, accounting for a large but unknown number of privately held hunting rifles.
+

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Switzerland

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and predict that a kid arriving to check out a rifle and a shotgun on a day he's supposed to be in school would be a dead end for him.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-05-19, 09:03

Have we talked about distracted driving yet?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-05-19, 09:04

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: has the racist, bigoted sexual predator called the shooter an "animal" yet or does he just save that term for brown people?

He pretty much saves that for vicious murdering gang members.

Of course it's amusing how many of the commentators critiquing his use of the term have called him an animal in the past.

You've called him a few names.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2018-05-19, 09:08

kingstonlake wrote:I'll guarantee you if there was a vote to allow a government sweep to confiscate every unregistered firearm in this country via a home check, the NRA would oppose it. If you have legally registered guns your fine. Just trying to get as many illegal guns off the street as possible. They'd still oppose it. That's how sick they are.

I would oppose the shit out of that, but I like my fourth amendment rights...

The way I see it, Pandora is out of the box. The gun manufacturers have succeeded in getting too many guns into circulation to ever get rid of. The NRA and their ilk like to say responsible gun owners are not the problem. Let's take them at their word. Let's introduce legislation to put stiffer penalties in place for owning/possessing unregistered firearms, and let's also make it so that if a firearm that is registered in your name is used in a crime, you are guilty of that crime as well and get exactly the same penalty as the perpetrator. Call it the Responsible Gun Owner Act or some shit.

Just give people incentive to lock their shit up. It wouldn't stop gun violence completely (that's obviously impossible), but it should help.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-05-19, 09:18

Cameron wrote:

I would oppose the shit out of that, but I like my fourth amendment rights...

The way I see it, Pandora is out of the box. The gun manufacturers have succeeded in getting too many guns into circulation to ever get rid of. The NRA and their ilk like to say responsible gun owners are not the problem. Let's take them at their word. Let's introduce legislation to put stiffer penalties in place for owning/possessing unregistered firearms, and let's also make it so that if a firearm that is registered in your name is used in a crime, you are guilty of that crime as well and get exactly the same penalty as the perpetrator. Call it the Responsible Gun Owner Act or some shit.

Just give people incentive to lock their shit up. It wouldn't stop gun violence completely (that's obviously impossible), but it should help.

Excellent idea. I suspect that most "gun nutters" would oppose that though. My suspicion is because a large number of them own guns that were not purchased through legal, traceable channels. so when that gun eventually tracks it way to being used in a crime, yes, they should be held accountable.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next