Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

+30
SawGreen
Travis of the Cosmos
tTito
I.B. Fine
Watch Out Pylon!
Rocinante
AvgMSUJoe
tGreenWay
WhiteBoyHatcher
DWags
Death Roe
Floyd Robertson
Other Teams Pursuing That
Nordic
steveschneider
Jake from State Farm
kingstonlake
aualum06
Dr. Strangelove
MiamiSpartan
By-Tor
Senior Dickfist
Turtleneck
InTenSity
Robert J Sakimano
NigelUno
TheReal_LWS
Bill Cain
Tek Jansen
CORNER BLITZ
34 posters

Page 2 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next

Go down

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by Dr. Strangelove Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:42 pm

Just finished 2nd season of Ozark. Not as good as first and didn't like Wendy becoming more important.

Still a good fucking show and will watch 3rd season
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by MiamiSpartan Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:15 pm

I watched the first episode of the new Magnum, PI. It was ok. As network TV goes, it was better than ok. I always loved Magnum, so the nostalgia stuff was cool. The Ferrari from the originals is still probably my favorite car, so it was awesome when he was driving the classic in the new one...but then it got crushed, which was sad.

I don't know if the writer of this episode was a writer of the originals, but there was a lot of dialogue that felt very much in-character where I could have seen the original cast saying it, as well as some obvious plot holes which was a lot more common in 80s (and earlier) shows when people didn't over-analyze the details on social media. I'm not sold on the guy playing the new Magnum, but I'll give him a chance. The guy playing Rick seems ok in that role. Didn't really form an opinion on TC. Higgins as a hot chick? She did the role ok, but I'm sure they're going to have Magnum and Higgins flirting and either fucking, or at least sexual tension. Just doesn't seem right. But it's 2018, so you can't have an all male cast.

I'm not a big snob when it comes to TV/Movies, so I'll keep watching for now, but we'll see how far nostalgia can take it.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:23 pm

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I watched Jack Ryan, E1 tonight. I thought it was pretty good. Certainly not ground breaking, but entertaining.

Can't get past Jim from The Office as Ryan

Watched the whole first season. I liked it!
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:27 pm

Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:45 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

One of the best opening scenes. tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 2 502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:01 pm

About to see The Predator. Expectations are low so I’m sure I’ll enjoy it.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:57 pm

Death Roe wrote:About to see The Predator. Expectations are low so I’m sure I’ll enjoy it.

I can't get past the fact that KMK is in it. They're taking one of the best films from the 80s and turning it into a slapstick comedy based on the trailer.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:10 pm

It was alright. A semi-sequel to the original. KMK was not bad in it at all, dude actually loves the shit out of the Predator movies (I heard him on LeBatard a few times).

There are funny parts, but it blends well with the action and sci-fi.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:21 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Death Roe wrote:About to see The Predator. Expectations are low so I’m sure I’ll enjoy it.

I can't get past the fact that KMK is in it. They're taking one of the best films from the 80s and turning it into a slapstick comedy based on the trailer.

Gotta support the local talent, except Madonna.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:45 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

No comprende, please to explain.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:49 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

KMK is from Detroit, by way of Southfield.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:00 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

KMK is from Detroit, by way of Southfield.

Ha, thanks. I had no idea.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:15 pm

Sissy Spacek is amazing in Castle Rock.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:23 pm

I'm binge watching Bojack Horseman on Netflix. Fucking great show.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:30 pm

I keep hearing how great that is which almost guarantees I’m going to hate it.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:35 am

You actually went to see that movie. Lmao.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cain Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:25 am

Peter Baelish is still alive
Bill Cain
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:28 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:You actually went to see that movie. Lmao.

Yeah you only like good movies blah blah blah who cares man. It’s played.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:18 pm

Death Roe wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:You actually went to see that movie. Lmao.

Who said that? You stop at Applebees or chili’s on the way home?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:02 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Death Roe wrote:

Death Roe wrote:

lol!

This is Roe so I am thinking more Burger King or McDonalds.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:22 pm

Last movie I saw in a theater was Dunkirk. Good movie to see in a theater too.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:47 pm

TheReal_LWS wrote:

lol!

This is Roe so I am thinking more Burger King or McDonalds.

You're 0-40 in the Pick'Em so far. Running out of ground to use to catch up.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:22 pm

Rocinante wrote:Has anyone watched Legion? I watched the first episode and part of the second and... eeeeehhhhhhh... I'm not sure.

Went back to it. After 3 episodes it really takes off.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:33 pm

Anyone "Maniac" on netflix?

Like 3 into it. It's something.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:14 pm

I watched the first episode with my fiance. She didn't like it. I might binge it the next couple of days. That director is doing the next Bond film.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:22 pm

Rocinante wrote:
Rocinante wrote:Has anyone watched Legion? I watched the first episode and part of the second and... eeeeehhhhhhh... I'm not sure.

Went back to it. After 3 episodes it really takes off.

Also, my respect for Aubrey Plaza’s acting ability has gone through the roof. She’s very bad at walking in heels though.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:35 pm

Holy fucking shit. Bale is a dead ringer for Cheney. Get another Oscar ready for him.

Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:09 pm

Death Roe wrote:Holy fucking shit. Bale is a dead ringer for Cheney. Get another Oscar ready for him.

Rockwell looks and sounds like a pretty good 43, too.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:27 pm

Why in the world would they make an Oscar bait movie about Dick Cheney? I'm sure it will be well done based on the cast alone but for christsakes can I get something besides killer robots, sequels, reboots and shit like this?
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:49 pm

I absolutely despise the Cheneys and am up to my armpits in their bullshit on the daily, but I'd see this just for the laughs.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:00 pm

Dr. Strangelove wrote:Why in the world would they make an Oscar bait movie about Dick Cheney? I'm sure it will be well done based on the cast alone but for christsakes can I get something besides killer robots, sequels, reboots and shit like this?

Sorry, Doc, but nobody is willing to sit down and write and Oscar-worthy Hello Kitty.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:20 pm

Is anybody going to see Bradley Cooper / Gaga epic "A Star is Born"?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:40 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
Dr. Strangelove wrote:Why in the world would they make an Oscar bait movie about Dick Cheney? I'm sure it will be well done based on the cast alone but for christsakes can I get something besides killer robots, sequels, reboots and shit like this?

Sorry, Doc, but nobody is willing to sit down and write and Oscar-worthy Hello Kitty.

Give me a good original like The Martian or a bold failure like Interstellar. Hell Afleck's Argo was good even if they fudged alot of history.

Instead we get the same ol same ol. Oscar nominees not alot of people see, superheroes, and reboots.

I'm ok with some of them like Logan or Deadpool but the shit they pulled with Star Wars and the crap that is DC (save Wonder Woman) is just awful.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:20 pm

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Give me a good original like The Martian or a bold failure like Interstellar. Hell Afleck's Argo was good even if they fudged alot of history.

Instead we get the same ol same ol. Oscar nominees not alot of people see, superheroes, and reboots.

I'm ok with some of them like Logan or Deadpool but the shit they pulled with Star Wars and the crap that is DC (save Wonder Woman) is just awful.

Indie and unknown writers and directors have historically had difficulty finding studio money. Hollywood loves sure-things even more than it loves blockbusters and franchises. It’s one of the reasons there’s been such a rise in film festivals. Well that, and those festivals are pretty big draws, so politicians and the local chambers of commerce want them.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:25 pm

I liked Interstellar a lot.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:35 pm

Trying to catch up with IASIP, and last night watched the ep where Dee and a plane load of women fly to LA for a women’s march. Dee is really just using the March as an excuse to mimic what the guys did in re-creating Boggs’ 70 beer cross country plane ride. Hands down the worst episode in the series. Not the least bit funny. Not one bit. I hope this doesn’t signal an end to how great this series was.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:01 pm

Dude the episode after that is fucking hilarious.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:01 pm

Rocinante wrote:I liked Interstellar a lot.

My man
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:02 pm

I'm waiting for Rambo 5.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:09 pm

tGreenWay wrote:Trying to catch up with IASIP, and last night watched the ep where Dee and a plane load of women fly to LA for a women’s march. Dee is really just using the March as an excuse to mimic what the guys did in re-creating Boggs’ 70 beer cross country plane ride.  Hands down the worst episode in the series. Not the least bit funny. Not one bit. I hope this doesn’t signal an end to how great this series was.

It's gotten worse over time, but still usually pretty damn funny. The 1st episode of the last season is another one that sucks. The one where everyone turns black.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next