Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

+30
SawGreen
Travis of the Cosmos
tTito
I.B. Fine
Watch Out Pylon!
Rocinante
AvgMSUJoe
tGreenWay
WhiteBoyHatcher
DWags
Death Roe
Floyd Robertson
Other Teams Pursuing That
Nordic
steveschneider
Jake from State Farm
kingstonlake
aualum06
Dr. Strangelove
MiamiSpartan
By-Tor
Senior Dickfist
Turtleneck
InTenSity
Robert J Sakimano
NigelUno
TheReal_LWS
Bill Cain
Tek Jansen
CORNER BLITZ
34 posters

Page 3 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 25  Next

Go down

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2018-10-03, 21:16

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Sorry, Doc, but nobody is willing to sit down and write and Oscar-worthy Hello Kitty.

Give me a good original like The Martian or a bold failure like Interstellar. Hell Afleck's Argo was good even if they fudged alot of history.

Instead we get the same ol same ol. Oscar nominees not alot of people see, superheroes, and reboots.

I'm ok with some of them like Logan or Deadpool but the shit they pulled with Star Wars and the crap that is DC (save Wonder Woman) is just awful.

Man of Steel is solid
Think they said they're coming out with less Star Wars cause they realized they over did it pumping a new one out every year

CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by Death Roe 2018-10-03, 21:25

NigelUno wrote:I'm waiting for Rambo 5.

He’s a ranch hand in the new one
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2018-10-03, 22:56

[quote="Death Roe"]
NigelUno wrote:I'm waiting for Rambo 5.

https://deadline.com/2018/10/rambo-sylvester-stallone-offer-first-look-photos-rambo-5-1202475306/

Last edited by Dr. Strangelove on 2018-10-03, 22:57; edited 1 time in total
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-10-03, 22:56

Rocinante wrote:I liked Interstellar a lot.

Yeah, it was fantastic.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-10-03, 23:33

Watching season 2 of legion tonight. It’s good.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-10-03, 23:37

CORNER BLITZ wrote:
Dr. Strangelove wrote:

Give me a good original like The Martian or a bold failure like Interstellar. Hell Afleck's Argo was good even if they fudged alot of history.

Instead we get the same ol same ol. Oscar nominees not alot of people see, superheroes, and reboots.

I'm ok with some of them like Logan or Deadpool but the shit they pulled with Star Wars and the crap that is DC (save Wonder Woman) is just awful.

Man of Steel is solid
Think they said they're coming out with less Star Wars cause they realized they over did it pumping a new one out every year

They could wait every 5 years and it would still probably blow.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-10-04, 02:13

Death Roe wrote:Dude the episode after that is fucking hilarious.

That’s good to hear. Won’t see it for a few days, though.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-10-04, 02:16

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Trying to catch up with IASIP, and last night watched the ep where Dee and a plane load of women fly to LA for a women’s march. Dee is really just using the March as an excuse to mimic what the guys did in re-creating Boggs’ 70 beer cross country plane ride.  Hands down the worst episode in the series. Not the least bit funny. Not one bit. I hope this doesn’t signal an end to how great this series was.

It's gotten worse over time, but still usually pretty damn funny. The 1st episode of the last season is another one that sucks. The one where everyone turns black.

I don’t mind stinkers every once in awhile; comedy is always going to be a hit and miss, but there needs to be a reason to stick with something other than it used to be funny.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-10-04, 08:09

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Rocinante wrote:I liked Interstellar a lot.

Yeah, it was fantastic.

Except for the ending. That sucked ass.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-10-04, 08:11

Rocinante wrote:Is anybody going to see Bradley Cooper / Gaga epic "A Star is Born"?
I want to see it - my wife isn't excited about, so I probably won't go.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-10-04, 08:11

tGreenWay wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

It's gotten worse over time, but still usually pretty damn funny. The 1st episode of the last season is another one that sucks. The one where everyone turns black.

I don’t mind stinkers every once in awhile; comedy is always going to be a hit and miss, but there needs to be a reason to stick with something other than it used to be funny.

Well, you got the Pylon seal of approval to keep watching. I don't even remember the episode you're talking about. What season was it in?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-10-04, 08:12

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Rocinante wrote:Is anybody going to see Bradley Cooper / Gaga epic "A Star is Born"?
I want to see it - my wife isn't excited about, so I probably won't go.

Whoa whoa whoa! You go to movies? This is brand new information for me. tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 3 1550444538
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-10-04, 08:19

I might have posted this somewhere else. I don't remember. One of my favorite bits. A quick moment of Mac's gay tendencies bleeding through. tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 3 502811600
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-10-04, 08:33

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: I want to see it - my wife isn't excited about, so I probably won't go.

Whoa whoa whoa! You go to movies? This is brand new information for me. tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 3 1550444538
only when there is a flick I really want to see. I'm not beating down the doors to go see A Star is Born - but I'd go.

I've probably been to the megaplex up in Eastwood maybe 2-3 times in the last couple of years.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2018-10-04, 08:55

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

I might have posted this somewhere else. I don't remember. One of my favorite bits. A quick moment of Mac's gay tendencies bleeding through. tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 3 502811600

This one is up there, too:

Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2018-10-04, 09:03

Also this classic moment:

Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-10-04, 09:41

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Well, you got the Pylon seal of approval to keep watching. I don't even remember the episode you're talking about. What season was it in?

13/3: The gang beats Boggs; ladies reboot.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-10-08, 21:00

S03E01 of the Man in the High Castle is pretty intense. That gym auditorium scene whoa.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-10-10, 01:26

Season 6 episode 6 curb your enthusiasm the rat dog - one of the best eps.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-10-14, 16:08

Season 3 of Mr. Robot on Amazon now. Love that show. Just not enough to pay extra for it.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2018-10-14, 20:26

We’ve seen two movies out here.

A Star is Born - Lady Gaga can actually act?! And Bradley Cooper was fantastic. Good singer, too.

First Man - whole film was shaky camera, but Gosling was awesome. The launch sequence and the landing sequence were fucking amazing to watch in IMAX.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-10-15, 23:39

Barbershop Ep II aired last night. Watching now. Good stuff.

I have to say, I've never really given much thought to Maverick Carter. He's extraordinarily bright and in tune. He is leading and moderating this discussion, and he gets it. Glad Miles is on board with this team.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-10-15, 23:52

Ha. I also don't anything of Drake other than God's Plan and In my Feelings and other popular songs that my kid likes. I know he's Canadian, and was on Degrassi. But this dude is also really bright and not what I expected. These guys are playing the game. A lot of respect to them.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-10-16, 00:01

Glad I watched that. Newfound respect for Drake.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2018-10-16, 21:59

I started watching Impractical Jokers while on vacation. Holy fucking shit those guys are great. Murr wearing Q's hair as a wig kills me.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-10-16, 22:53

I think there's a BCS thread. But I thought the finale was fucking excellent. I know the season was slow. But man....that was a great way to wrap it.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2018-10-16, 23:05

Fuck I forgot. Gotta watch tomorrow
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2018-10-17, 00:10

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I think there's a BCS thread. But I thought the finale was fucking excellent. I know the season was slow. But man....that was a great way to wrap it.

Agree. Thought Jimmy's reaction at the end was a tad over the top. Especially within ear shot of the review board. But I get why they played it up.  Great season. That German was a fucking idoit. WTF did he think was going to happen?

Where do we go from here though? I mean you could technically wrap it up with that epidode. Kim is obv going to bail in short order.

I do look forward to more Lalo.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-10-17, 00:24

Nordic wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I think there's a BCS thread. But I thought the finale was fucking excellent. I know the season was slow. But man....that was a great way to wrap it.

Agree. Thought Jimmy's reaction at the end was a tad over the top. Especially within ear shot of the review board. But I get why they played it up.  Great season. That German was a fucking idoit. WTF did he think was going to happen?

Where do we go from here though? I mean you could technically wrap it up with that epidode. Kim is obv going to bail in short order.

Yeah, I mean nit-picking. But my two gripes were 1)same as yours - actually both times I watched, my mind jumped the scene and assumed it was a flash forward because no way would Jimmy be talking like that fresh out of the hearing. And 2) Lalo Ceiling Ninja

I mean shit got real in a hurry. Lalo is a great character and will be an excellent nemesis to Mike.

Mike story is still way more gripping than Jimmy story, though I enjoy Jimmy story, as well. Can't wait to see where we start off next season.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-10-30, 12:52

I watched "You Were Never Really Here" last night starring Wakeen Feenix. Not for everybody, but I liked it. It's shorter than a lot of TV show episodes.

Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-10-30, 13:16

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
Nordic wrote:

Yeah, I mean nit-picking. But my two gripes were 1)same as yours - actually both times I watched, my mind jumped the scene and assumed it was a flash forward because no way would Jimmy be talking like that fresh out of the hearing. And 2) Lalo Ceiling Ninja

I mean shit got real in a hurry. Lalo is a great character and will be an excellent nemesis to Mike.

Mike story is still way more gripping than Jimmy story, though I enjoy Jimmy story, as well. Can't wait to see where we start off next season.

I’m def on the side of those who enjoyed this season. Yes, it was slow, but I found the storylines interesting. Jimmy isn’t Walt and his story is going to be less... physically volatile. My biggest complaint is the same as it’s been every year since the series started: The season is too short. I want more episodes. And if they don’t think there’s enough material for a longer season, then don’t spread things out by a year. It’s too long to wait for such a short payout.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2018-10-30, 14:23

BTW AND FWIW. Daredevil season 3 is just as good as season 1. (maybe better 93% on rotten)
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-10-30, 14:27

AvgMSUJoe wrote:BTW AND FWIW. Daredevil season 3 is just as good as season 1. (maybe better 93% on rotten)

What was wrong with season 2, I don't remember.

I started 3 last night.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2018-10-30, 14:33

Floyd Robertson wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:BTW AND FWIW. Daredevil season 3 is just as good as season 1. (maybe better 93% on rotten)

What was wrong with season 2, I don't remember.

I started 3 last night.

Nothing wrong per se... but not as good as 1 (and now 3)... I think it has something to do with Vincent D'Onofrio. Dude rocks the "bad guy" role.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-10-30, 16:28

Like Greenway, I find myself enjoying the storylines and the characters in BCS, even if there aren't a lot of big things happening.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-10-30, 17:57

Floyd Robertson wrote:S03E01 of the Man in the High Castle is pretty intense. That gym auditorium scene whoa.
I love this show. Luckily Season 3 came out about 4 days before my Prime trial membership ended, so I was able to watch it.

I really like where they've gone with the plot in the 2nd and 3rd seasons, with the big picture political happenings. It's one thing to talk about historical "what ifs", but they explore it pretty deeply, and some interesting speculation on who/what would stay the same, be different, or be similar with some tweaks under Nazi or Japanese rule (i.e., J Edgar Hoover). I don't feel all that drawn to the characters (though I do find Smith and "High Castle" pretty intriguing), but the overall plot is enjoyable for me.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-10-30, 20:35

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:S03E01 of the Man in the High Castle is pretty intense. That gym auditorium scene whoa.
I love this show. Luckily Season 3 came out about 4 days before my Prime trial membership ended, so I was able to watch it.

I really like where they've gone with the plot in the 2nd and 3rd seasons, with the big picture political happenings. It's one thing to talk about historical "what ifs", but they explore it pretty deeply, and some interesting speculation on who/what would stay the same, be different, or be similar with some tweaks under Nazi or Japanese rule (i.e., J Edgar Hoover). I don't feel all that drawn to the characters (though I do find Smith and "High Castle" pretty intriguing), but the overall plot is enjoyable for me.

I'm not a big fan of parallel universes. Too often it's been used as a lazy way out of tired series that went on too long. The ending of season 3 has me pretty intrigued, though.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-10-30, 20:45

DISH added MeTv to its lineup this summer. I've been enjoying watching shows of my youth. Question that occurred to me last night: Could Hogans Heroes make it on the air today?

But overall it's been fun to smoke a bowl and get Lost in Space or take a Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea.

https://www.metv.com/shows/
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-11-02, 13:22

I had watched a couple episodes of Justified but wasn't gaga about it. Then last night, I couldn't sleep and watched most of the first season. I think I'll watch more! Not tonight though. I was up until 4AM. That'll teach me to drink caffeinated drinks after 6.

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 3 1811933421
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-11-02, 13:25

Rocinante wrote:I had watched a couple episodes of Justified but wasn't gaga about it. Then last night, I couldn't sleep and watched most of the first season. I think I'll watch more! Not tonight though. I was up until 4AM. That'll teach me to drink caffeinated drinks after 6.

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 3 1811933421

That is one show that just kept getting better and better all the way to very end if you ask me. The ending was very justified.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 25  Next