Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around

+28
MattyFresh
AvgMSUJoe
Motown Spartan
MSU addict
CORNER BLITZ
Banks2Mason
Cameron
Nordic
tGreenWay
Floyd Robertson
WhiteBoyHatcher
y2kMgrad
Turtleneck
Other Teams Pursuing That
MiamiSpartan
Travis of the Cosmos
kingstonlake
Heat Miser
duffy munn
Death Roe
TheReal_LWS
Jake from State Farm
Watch Out Pylon!
steveschneider
Dr. Strangelove
The Pantry
aualum06
DWags
32 posters

Page 24 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 24 Empty Re: tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon 13 Sep 2021 - 11:46

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Death Roe wrote:Welcome to the Jared Goff Experience, folks. This is the shit I had to deal with for 5 seasons.

Eh, the difference is that the Rams intent headed into those seasons was to win games and big shiny things. I’m not sure that that’s what the lions are here to do.
NigelUno wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Fuck stafford I hope he shreds his knee on the next play

Karma is a bitch.

Is it though? I suppose it isnt.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 24 Empty Re: tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon 13 Sep 2021 - 11:49

Again, none of this is complicated- if the lions want to rebuild the best thing that can happen this season is the lions and Rams lose every game except when they play each other, and in that case they tie. Anything else probably isnt really that helpful at this point. If every player on both teams gets hurt, that’s fine.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon 13 Sep 2021 - 11:57

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Again, none of this is complicated- if the lions want to rebuild the best thing that can happen this season is the lions and Rams lose every game except when they play each other, and in that case they tie. Anything else probably isnt really that helpful at this point. If every player on both teams gets hurt, that’s fine.

Frankly I think what they did Sunday is perfect. They lost, but they also didn’t quit. We all talk about how the culture has to change in the organization. That showed me something.

Its a hard thing to do, change the culture to a “we can, we will” type thing but also lose.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon 13 Sep 2021 - 12:00

We saw it live with the Pistons last season- theirs was about the perfect be bad season. Show you can compete with the big boys but just not enough to actually beat them yet.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon 13 Sep 2021 - 12:31

Eh, the difference is that the Rams intent headed into those seasons was to win games and big shiny things. I’m not sure that that’s what the lions are here to do.
NigelUno wrote:

Karma is a bitch.

Yes. Your attempted rationalization was cute though.

Stay angry.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon 13 Sep 2021 - 12:43

NigelUno wrote:

Yes. Your attempted rationalization was cute though.

Stay angry.

Fuck off
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron and tGreenWay like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon 13 Sep 2021 - 14:34

steveschneider wrote:

Classy. 😬

Fuck off

Very classy.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon 13 Sep 2021 - 14:37

duffy munn wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

James Hunter, Mike Utley, the linebacker who showed so much promise in the 90s (I think it was the 90s). Lots more I’m forgetting.

Reggie Brown. And may I add the life that was cut short: Chuck Hughes

Reggie Brown, that’s it. And i wasn’t sure about adding Hughes because it was a death, but you’re right to bring him up.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon 13 Sep 2021 - 14:37

Afraid to hear what he wishes upon Max Scherzer after he threw a gem yesterday.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon 13 Sep 2021 - 14:40

steveschneider wrote:Afraid to hear what he wishes upon Max Scherzer after he threw a gem yesterday.

Nothing. His failure does absolutely nothing to help my team. Why would I care about what he does? It really isn’t hard to understand why I’d root against stafford and any other lions fan should do the same.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon 13 Sep 2021 - 14:41

Also, fuck off
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon 13 Sep 2021 - 14:54

steveschneider wrote:Afraid to hear what he wishes upon Max Scherzer after he threw a gem yesterday.

Nothing. His failure does absolutely nothing to help my team. Why would I care about what he does? It really isn’t hard to understand why I’d root against stafford and any other lions fan should do the same.

Rooting against him and rooting for injuries are two different things. I have no problem with the former but I do with the latter. I do have a different point of view though it brought me some joy watching him go 20 for 26 for 321yrds and 3tds. I hope he gets his ring while the Lions are still in the dumps trying to figure out a rebuild.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon 13 Sep 2021 - 14:56

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Also, fuck off

Or how about you grow up? tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 24 2599972566
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon 13 Sep 2021 - 15:02

steveschneider wrote:

Rooting against him and rooting for injuries are two different things. I have no problem with the former but I do with the latter. I do have a different point of view though it brought me some joy watching him go 20 for 26 for 321yrds and 3tds. I hope he gets his ring while the Lions are still in the dumps trying to figure out a rebuild.

I don’t actually care if his knee explodes or not tbh. Nor does it matter if I were to root for him to get space aids that puts him down for the season or to just lose every game. Because what I root for or not has no impact on anything.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon 13 Sep 2021 - 15:03

steveschneider wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Also, fuck off

Or how about you grow up? tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 24 2599972566

Fuck off
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron and tGreenWay like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon 13 Sep 2021 - 15:44

I wish Stafford all the best.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon 13 Sep 2021 - 16:09

steveschneider wrote:

Rooting against him and rooting for injuries are two different things. I have no problem with the former but I do with the latter.  I do have a different point of view though it brought me some joy watching him go 20 for 26 for 321yrds and 3tds. I hope he gets his ring while the Lions are still in the dumps trying to figure out a rebuild.  

I don’t actually care if his knee explodes or not tbh. Nor does it matter if I were to root for him to get space aids that puts him down for the season or to just lose every game. Because what I root for or not has no impact on anything.

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 24 Stanley-the-office
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon 13 Sep 2021 - 16:13

To sum up today’s posts in this Lions’ thread, opinions are mixed regarding the future of Matthew Stafford’s knee, while everyone but Steve wishes Steve would fuck off.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon 13 Sep 2021 - 16:14

NigelUno wrote:

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 24 Stanley-the-office

My exact reaction when I read "space aids".

Hey OTPT, might be time to start a 'Yo Travis' thread?

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon 13 Sep 2021 - 16:29

steveschneider wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

My exact reaction when I read "space aids".

Hey OTPT, might be time to start a 'Yo Travis' thread?

Or a 'Yo, Mean Girls Club' thread.  Wouldn't want to slight anyone.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Mon 13 Sep 2021 - 18:44

Week 2, still in first. Let's go
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Mon 13 Sep 2021 - 19:12

aualum06 wrote:Week 2, still in first. Let's go

Big Monday night battle for the division lead v the Packers next week!
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon 13 Sep 2021 - 20:06

Heat Miser wrote:
aualum06 wrote:Week 2, still in first. Let's go

I wonder if DWags will be cheering for the Lions.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Mon 13 Sep 2021 - 20:10

tGreenWay wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

I wonder if DWags will be cheering for the Lions.

Probably in his Bucks hat
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun 26 Sep 2021 - 16:10

That’s following the Pistons 2020/2021 style of tanking and I approve
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sun 26 Sep 2021 - 16:11

OMG. Purest form of SOL.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sun 26 Sep 2021 - 16:11

HOLY FUCK!!!

Justin Tucker just won the game with a record 66 yard field goal that hit the crossbar and went through.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun 26 Sep 2021 - 16:11

Unfucking believable

The lions are cursed. Y’all need an exorcism
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun 26 Sep 2021 - 16:12

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 24 502811600 tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 24 1966794946 tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 24 1966794946

These are the Lions. Never even considered that Tucker would miss it.

Last edited by tGreenWay on Sun 26 Sep 2021 - 16:22; edited 1 time in total
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sun 26 Sep 2021 - 16:15

Fucked by the officials. Nothing new there
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun 26 Sep 2021 - 16:18

DWags wrote:Unfucking believable

The lions are cursed. Y’all need an exorcism

Not getting an exorcism by winning games against good teams for no reason. Been trying that for decades

aualum06 wrote:Fucked by the officials. Nothing new there

That missed delay of game was absurd
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sun 26 Sep 2021 - 16:18

And, Baltimore should have been penalized for delay of game on the previous play.

The Curse of Bobby Layne continues.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sun 26 Sep 2021 - 16:19

Not only missed delay of game but it was intentional grounding
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun 26 Sep 2021 - 16:21

I’ll say this, though, having watched only the last half of the 4th Q: Detroit didn’t give up, and aside from giving up the long pass on 4th & 19, they played very well and with none of the typical Lions’ mistakes. On the Lions’ last drive, I kept expecting an INT, or a fumble, or a flag at the worst possible time. It didn’t happen. That alone is improvement. I even liked the all grays, and their all road whites last week looked good, too.
It’s not enough to pull me back in, but if you’re a Lions’ fan, there might be hope. Maybe. But probably not.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun 26 Sep 2021 - 16:22

Stop it! This is perfect. You’ve played two teams real tough. You were far better than the Packers in the first half. And yet you’re 0-3.  You have the makings of a good solid offensive line, you have a team that has fire in its belly, and you’re going to get great draft choices. In the long run this might be great. We’re seeing perhaps a culture change and at the same time the lions are still losing for those draft picks
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun 26 Sep 2021 - 16:23

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:That’s following the Pistons 2020/2021 style of tanking and I approve
DWags wrote:Stop it! This is perfect. You’ve played two teams real tough. You were far better than the Packers in the first half. And yet you’re 0-3.  You have the makings of a good solid offensive line, you have a team that has fire in its belly, and you’re going to get great draft choices. In the long run this might be great. We’re seeing perhaps a culture change and at the same time the lions are still losing for those draft picks

Dwags do you have me on ignore be honest also I understand
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sun 26 Sep 2021 - 16:23

Crazy the Lions have yet another controversial sequence at the end of a game.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sun 26 Sep 2021 - 16:24

Just tosses it out of bounds
[tw]1442220783170990085?s=19[/tw]
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sun 26 Sep 2021 - 16:30

DWags wrote:Stop it! This is perfect. You’ve played two teams real tough. You were far better than the Packers in the first half. And yet you’re 0-3.  You have the makings of a good solid offensive line, you have a team that has fire in its belly, and you’re going to get great draft choices. In the long run this might be great. We’re seeing perhaps a culture change and at the same time the lions are still losing for those draft picks

Lol
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun 26 Sep 2021 - 16:31

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:That’s following the Pistons 2020/2021 style of tanking and I approve

Dwags do you have me on ignore be honest also I understand

I do. I cant read a thing you write. It just shows up as balloons and party hats when you post. So, please stop posting for a week or so

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 24 502811600

Listening to Campbell on the radio he just said, “look this shit happens”. They couldn’t bleep him.

I really like him.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next