Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial Bob misses Goose thread aka Come Back Goose thread

+30
Motown Spartan
Heat Miser
Jake from State Farm
Turtleneck
Floyd Robertson
Tim Wakefield
AvgMSUJoe
Cameron
AnomanderRake
Senior Dickfist
y2kMgrad
Nordic
msugolfguy
I.B. Fine
Wally Fairway
Robert J Sakimano
Other Teams Pursuing That
GRR Spartan
Watch Out Pylon!
The Pantry
pulling69
steveschneider
aualum06
NigelUno
kingstonlake
DWags
TheReal_LWS
Rocinante
tGreenWay
WhiteBoyHatcher
34 posters

Page 18 of 25 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 21 ... 25  Next

Go down

tOfficial Bob misses Goose thread aka Come Back Goose thread  - Page 18 Empty Re: tOfficial Bob misses Goose thread aka Come Back Goose thread

Post by TrapperGus 2021-08-25, 11:19

there once was a poster named goose
who for reasons decided to vamoose
he left in a rush
and left a big muss
and now he is free to hang loose
TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

Robert J Sakimano, DWags and steveschneider like this post

Back to top Go down

tOfficial Bob misses Goose thread aka Come Back Goose thread  - Page 18 Empty Re: tOfficial Bob misses Goose thread aka Come Back Goose thread

Post by NigelUno 2021-08-25, 13:56

I wonder if Goose got the shots.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-08-25, 15:27

tOfficial Bob misses Goose thread aka Come Back Goose thread  - Page 18 7d459610
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-08-27, 11:11

every time our homage to Guest gets a new page, we have to make certain to post  his manifesto..  The ManiGuesto.. the thoughts and feelings of a former poster who spends a little too much time glued to the mainstream media..

Greetings my Swill friends.

lol, this is close in a couple ways but wildly askew in others.   I get up and check my email, answer any important ones.   Cook breakfast which always includes eggs unless the grandkids are here - then they usually request pancakes or waffles.   Coffee sets my AFib off so I drink one cup a week, I've missed my morning pot badly for 10 years now.  Then I read my 3 newspaper sites (News, Freep, MLive), various message boards and couple of news aggregators.  After that there's some daily variation depending on season and plans.  
The not even close parts:  I've logged into Twitter once since April - to say thanks to Lynn Henning.   He and I shared many lively debates over the years as old farm kids, baseball and outdoors nuts and across a liberal/conservative divide.  Somehow we never called each other names and remain friends.  
The BS part is BS on your part.   You and 90%+ of the Swill are raging liberals that consider yourselves purveyors of facts as you swallow the Covington, Smollett and other bullshit news whole as you blithely call any site you disagree with "propaganda" - how's the collusion propaganda going?  Because you have a huge majority on the Swill you mistake that as being a reflection of America as a whole.   You ignore the fact that Trump won, and is favored to win again by the people that are most accurate - the books.  You are NOT reflective of America, most are more conservative than you and more liberal than me.   I'm aware of that, most of you aren't.
If you think I'm blinded take a few, step back and think about the political leanings of those that have been driven from or simply chose to leave the board.    There's a pattern in how people with opposing viewpoints are treated here.
Also I did NOT come post political content on the Swill - if I was posting political content it was in the Bin.  That's the double standard that irked me most.  The board doesn't need to be that way if people choose to respect boundaries.  One of my other message boards started as a Tigers board but now has every sport covered and a massively active political section - the crossover is virtually zero.  Why?   Because people keep things separate and in the rare times it's needed the mods actually enforce it.  And honestly that place is just as wildly liberal as the Swill - I guess most conservatives have better things to do than message boarding.   At the Swill none of the mods could/would see it because it all agreed with their worldview.    So I left, life goes on, yours and mine.  
I'm not pissed at anyone, I'm just unwilling to be randomly abused because my political views are different than most of you.  I've had those same views since before many of you were born, Trump has nothing to do with it and I don't spend 85% of my life obsessing over the orange man as many of you seem to.   And by that I mean getting fucking offended by a headline because it comes from a source you don't approve of.  
The Swill is eventually doomed anyway, the 2 people with the keys to the place are rarely there and essentially don't give a flying fuck except to say it's "their" board.   Maybe there's some hope that tRCMB will implode someday and he can cash in, hell if I know.
Since Martin mentioned he liked the Mio thread, Ellie's 12 Tables is in this story - I've been flogging this diner for a while on the Swill.   They won the voting for the best diner in northern Michigan.   The question is how will they fare in the final standings.   (Owned and operated by 2 members of our local LGBT community as are 2 other local eateries, amazing for those of you that think everywhere outside your little bubble is bigoted especially in a county that voted 70% Trump)
https://www.mlive.com/expo/life-and-culture/g66l-2019/02/d5dc9fae5d512/see-all-of-our-michigans-best-diner-finalists.html
For my friend Bobby Sak: A new sport he needs to consider - combining his love of biking and snow.
https://www.mlive.com/expo/life-and-culture/g66l-2019/02/734f712b2a9446/winter-fat-tire-biking-is-taking-off-in-michigan-17-trails-to-try.html
For my friend Wakie: Happy Birthday and the CitiDouble Cash is a great card, it's my go to.
In closing I'm not going to lie and say I don't miss the place but in the end the shit there just wasn't worth it to me.   I can get my Spartan fix at tRCMB and my Tigers fix at Motown Sports so I'm good.   Have fun and enjoy yourself,

Goose aka "Guest" ;-)

PS - how's that for book length?

I hope Mi-O-Lago is treating our friend well and ushering him through a time of emotional peace and solitude.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-08-27, 11:14

I hope Guest is in a place of peace
he deserves that, at least
I hope he's in a comfy chair
breathing in the fresh Mio air
and staying away from the local diner grease
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-08-27, 11:16

TrapperGus wrote:there once was a poster named goose
he left in a rush
and left a big muss
well done.

one day maybe we can put together a scrapbook of our collection of poetry, strap it to a freedom-lovin' bald eagle and have it land promptly at the closing prayer on a Sunday morning at Guest's church, nestled in the lovely village of Mio.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TrapperGus 2021-08-27, 12:09

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
TrapperGus wrote:there once was a poster named goose
he left in a rush
and left a big muss
well done.

one day maybe we can put together a scrapbook of our collection of poetry, strap it to a freedom-lovin' bald eagle and have it land promptly at the closing prayer on a Sunday morning at Guest's church, nestled in the lovely village of Mio.

tks - however this is my first attempt at a limerick and I think the second line has too many "beats"

TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-08-27, 15:36

TrapperGus wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
well done.

tks - however this is my first attempt at a limerick and I think the second line has too many "beats"

as the Poet Laureate of tSwill, I can assure you that we're more interested in heartfelt sentiment than the relative complexities of rhyme and meter.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TrapperGus 2021-08-27, 16:49

There once was a Goose in Milo
Who wanted to fly to Ohio
He took to the air
It was too much to bear
So he settled back down with no fly-oh
TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-08-27, 18:28

TrapperGus wrote:There once was a Goose in Milo
Who wanted to fly to Ohio
He took to the air
It was too much to bear
So he settled back down with no fly-oh
I speak for all the fine white christians of Mio when I say that we're glad you're here.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-08-30, 09:59

there once was a poster named Guest
who had difficulty trying to rest
church would ease his mind
but eventually he would find
that leaving the board was best

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-08-30, 14:53

Guest hates a stolen election
Americans were murdered at the Trump insurrection
black people exercised their constitutional right
this left Mio with dreadful fright
they bought more guns for extra protection
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TrapperGus 2021-08-30, 14:58

There once was a Goose living in Mio
Who though he would walk to Ohio
The stones hurt his webs
and they bleds and they bleds
So then he decided to fly-oh
TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-08-31, 15:35

I made an acrostic poem for Goose.

Funny
Old
Xavier

Never
Even
Went
South

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Robert J Sakimano and TrapperGus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-09-07, 08:25

Guest never got a thrill
from Spartans at tSwill
we'd say things about his hero
his tolerance for our comments = zero
leaving was best, he did feel
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TrapperGus 2021-09-07, 08:41

There once was a Guest enticed
By everything sugar and nice
But he watched Fox News
And then had the blues
So now he is staying on ice
TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-09-07, 08:42

TrapperGus wrote:There once was a Guest enticed
By everything sugar and nice
But he watched Fox News
And then had the blues
So now he is staying on ice
tOfficial Bob misses Goose thread aka Come Back Goose thread  - Page 18 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-09-07, 08:46

Mi-O-Lago is perfect in the fall
pumpkin spice candles for all
they refuse to wear masks
'cause "Freedom"!, if you asked
they think Mexico paid for The Wall
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

TrapperGus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-09-08, 13:19

there once was a COVID vaccine
whose use was very routine
they didn't like it in Mio
so they got sick and said "goodbye-o"
to life that once was serene
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2021-09-08, 14:13

Masking impairs your brain
We look upon it with disdain
Surgeons must be dumb
From CO2 that’s in their lungs
My dewormer is causing me pain

Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-09-08, 14:22

Rocinante wrote:Masking impairs your brain
We look upon it with disdain
Surgeons must be dumb
From CO2 that’s in their lungs
My dewormer is causing me pain

tOfficial Bob misses Goose thread aka Come Back Goose thread  - Page 18 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-09-10, 08:46

Mio is a town of great morality
though they're disconnected from reality
they say life begins at conception
but support killing people if they don't like the election
I don't understand their christian mentality
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-09-15, 10:04

Mio is a bucolic place of joy
they would never sip lattes made of soy
they felt vitriolic dejection
from the hands of a stolen election
they welcome many a-Proud Boy
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-09-21, 09:10

there once was a poster named Goose
whose grip on anger was loose
his tolerance was zero
if you disliked his christian hero
his outrage was often profuse
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-09-22, 13:25

Fall is lovely in Mio
but the citizens still cry-o
over a stolen election
a murderous insurrection
their christian hero would never lie-o
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-09-22, 13:36

I bet each of these poems bring a little smile to Goose's heart.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-09-22, 13:37

Jesus, Bible and God
upon God's land they trod
government is white people's right
or a murderous riot they incite
nary a blemish on their christian facade

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-09-22, 13:39

NigelUno wrote:I bet each of these poems bring a little smile to Goose's heart.
I know he reads them and it's just my way of saying that I miss his presence, while also understanding that he needs to be in a place where he can find peace.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-09-23, 08:52

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
NigelUno wrote:I bet each of these poems bring a little smile to Goose's heart.
I know he reads them and it's just my way of saying that I miss his presence, while also understanding that he needs to be in a place where he can find peace.

Place...safe space...there's a poem in there somewhere.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-09-27, 10:40

I've authored 279 poems in this thread in paying homage to Guest.

at the behest of Nigel, I give you #280:

Guest grew tired of this place
he yearned for a warm safe space
he relocated to his recliner
eats deep-fried meat from the diner
his bible, he will always embrace
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-09-27, 13:24

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I've authored 279 poems in this thread in paying homage to Guest.

Whew. Thought you might throw in something...white race.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-09-27, 13:48

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I've authored 279 poems in this thread in paying homage to Guest.

Whew. Thought you might throw in something...white race.
oh, there's time.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TrapperGus 2021-09-27, 23:42

There once was a poster named Bob
Who would often Goose with a Lob
He made it a point
To make an anoint
And then Goose had no longer would Job

For the uninformed both "anoint" and "Job" are meant in a biblical sense.
TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-09-28, 10:19

TrapperGus wrote:There once was a poster named Bob
He made it a point
To make an anoint

nice work.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TrapperGus 2021-09-28, 13:36

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
TrapperGus wrote:There once was a poster named Bob
He made it a point
To make an anoint

nice work.

Thanks - but I mistyped

He made it a point
To make an anoint
And then Goose no longer would Job

TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-10-01, 08:37

TrapperGus wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: nice work.

Thanks - but I mistyped

He made it a point
To make an anoint
And then Goose no longer would Job

we're not here because of our spelling, grammar or poetic prose.

we're here to celebrate Guest.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-10-01, 08:38

we are here to celebrate Guest
nothing more, nothing less
as he watches the mainstream news
unable to shake the Biden blues
it is his memory we love best
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TrapperGus 2021-10-01, 08:46

There once was a goose on the right
Who watched Huntly-Brinkley each night
Then Fox came along
Now the goose is all gone
He has become just a tool of the right
TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-10-01, 08:52

Guest used to come here and seethe with rage
he was simply unable to turn the page
he decided it was best to leave
he needed an emotional reprieve
it was healthy for him to disengage
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-10-01, 10:08

merry-go-rounds, bicycles and pie
church-goers collect with Him in their eye
'neath the majestic steeple
gather all the white people
they all believe the Big Lie

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 25 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 21 ... 25  Next