Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DWags! What's the deal with the boat rowing guy?

+14
Rocinante
Floyd Robertson
MiamiSpartan
Nordic
MSU addict
duffy munn
Other Teams Pursuing That
Travis of the Cosmos
tGreenWay
kingstonlake
GRR Spartan
steveschneider
DWags
NigelUno
18 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

DWags!  What's the deal with the boat rowing guy? - Page 2 Empty Re: DWags! What's the deal with the boat rowing guy?

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-10-27, 20:40

kingstonlake wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

So, how have we missed our chance then?

Because he (now) doesn't want to compete in the East?

He did before?  

Sigh.

DWags!  What's the deal with the boat rowing guy? - Page 2 Giphy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

DWags!  What's the deal with the boat rowing guy? - Page 2 Empty Re: DWags! What's the deal with the boat rowing guy?

Post by NigelUno 2019-10-27, 20:49

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-10-27, 21:03

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Sigh.

WTFleck
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2019-10-27, 22:45

GRR Spartan wrote:Realistic list-Narduzzi (53) know where the land mines are

Way too optimistic list
Iowa State’s Matt Campbell (39)
Cincinnati’s Luke Fickell (46)

Dark Horse list
The U’s OC Dan Enos (51)
New England’s DLine “advisor” Bret Beilema (49)

Moonshot
Auburn’s Gus Malzhan because he’s in the SEC West and Auburn fans think he should beat Alabama and LSU every year. (I suspect if Malzhan leaves this year he’ll go to FSU where Taggert is hanging with his fingernails.

After seeing our options. Fuck it. Fleck it.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-10-27, 22:47

Nordic wrote:

Way too optimistic list

Dark Horse list
The U’s OC Dan Enos (51)

Moonshot
Auburn’s Gus Malzhan because he’s in the SEC West and Auburn fans think he should beat Alabama and LSU every year. (I suspect if Malzhan leaves this year he’ll go to FSU where Taggert is hanging with his fingernails.

DWags!  What's the deal with the boat rowing guy? - Page 2 3493939353 Took awhile but glad to see you on the boat!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2019-10-27, 23:02

Nordic wrote:

Way too optimistic list

Dark Horse list
The U’s OC Dan Enos (51)

Moonshot

Nope.

OTPT said we missed our chance. We blew it.

That boat has rowed right by us.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-10-27, 23:06

Why not Saban?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-10-27, 23:07

I think we should take a run at Dabo. Talk me out of it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2019-10-27, 23:13

I think we should take a run at Lane Kiffin. Talk me out of it.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-10-27, 23:17

If we have to stay in conference, my dream is throwing the bank at Ryan Day. Change my mind.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-10-27, 23:20

Defense mechanisms. Gotta love em!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-10-27, 23:23

We need offense not defense. Convince me otherwise.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2019-10-27, 23:26

DWags wrote:If we have to stay in conference, my dream is throwing the bank at Ryan Day. Change my mind.

We missed our chance with him too. - OTPT and his sidekick/mouthpiece kingston
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-10-28, 05:26

I’m hearing Dantonio wants Saban as a defensive coordinator and Sweeney as an offensive coordinator and he really thinks are chances of getting both are better than getting neither.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-10-28, 08:12

Alright, I have my wish list. Hire Jim Caldwell.

ASU and Illinois are proving that former head nfl coaches are masters at the turnaround. Caldwell is an incredible qb coach, he wants to be a HC and he was above .500 as a Lions Coach. Dude was loved in Detroit and he could recruit the city well and I’m convinced get us back to 10 - 11 win territory. Problem solved, Go green.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2019-10-28, 08:40

kingstonlake wrote:I’m hearing Dantonio wants Saban as a defensive coordinator and Sweeney as an offensive coordinator and he really thinks are chances of getting both are better than getting neither.

We definitely already missed our chance with Sweeney.

Who is Sweeney though?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2019-10-28, 08:43

steveschneider wrote:Alright, I have my wish list. Hire Jim Caldwell.

ASU and Illinois are proving that former head nfl coaches are masters at the turnaround. Caldwell is an incredible qb coach, he wants to be a HC and he was above .500 as a Lions Coach. Dude was loved in Detroit and he could recruit the city well and I’m convinced get us back to 10 - 11 win territory. Problem solved, Go green.

You're really going to need to sell me on hiring an ex-Lions coach.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-10-28, 08:44

Hire Jimmy Johnson.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-10-28, 09:08

NigelUno wrote:

A former Jets Coach beat our coach twice? Also, focus on the job he did at Baltimore, Indianapolis and yes Detroit. He did the best job possible at that franchise.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2019-10-28, 09:13

NigelUno wrote:

What about Wayne?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2019-10-28, 09:15

duffy munn wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

What about Wayne?

I think we definitely missed our chance with him.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-10-28, 09:53

NigelUno wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:I’m hearing Dantonio wants Saban as a defensive coordinator and Sweeney as an offensive coordinator and he really thinks are chances of getting both are better than getting neither.

Who is Sweeney though?

I think he’s that guy who coaches Clemson. No idea how he spells his name. What are our chances of getting both?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-10-28, 09:54

kingstonlake wrote:I hear ya Wags. Throwing out names is fun and it’s all just speculation and wish list shit. I do want someone who kids want to play for and see their skills getting noticed by scouts and the nfl. Maybe we’re all tainted by a lack of offense but a coach who sees it differently than the current staff would be a welcome change. Offense does win at this level. It’s an arms race. Score 40 or lose if you want to be on the big boy train. I can tell you one think I don’t want. I don’t want a search where MSU “limitations” are a factor. Fuck that shit. Well we can’t do this or do that. Bullshit. You swing for the fences. It can be done. Clemson use to be us. They use to be a catch lightning in a bottle for season type team. They said fuck it get the best assistant out there. You think Clemson SC is some sort of destination type city? It’s a bum fuck town in the middle of no where. You build it baby. We reached a plateau but didn’t want to keep building because we valued loyalty over results. I got no first hand evidence or conversations that can prove it but it sure seems that way. I believe MSU can shove scums hype and BS down their own throats with the right guy. I guy that don’t GAF. I want that guy. I don’t want Holiday bowl guy.

Throwing names out there is half the fun. I bet we promote from within and hire Tressel for another run at some Tressel ball.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-10-28, 09:55

MiamiSpartan wrote:Hire Jimmy Johnson.

I like it but then again I'm pro cheating so we'd have to be ready for the change up. I'm not sure the fan base could handle it.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-10-28, 09:59

kingstonlake wrote:I hear ya Wags. Throwing out names is fun and it’s all just speculation and wish list shit. I do want someone who kids want to play for and see their skills getting noticed by scouts and the nfl. Maybe we’re all tainted by a lack of offense but a coach who sees it differently than the current staff would be a welcome change. Offense does win at this level. It’s an arms race. Score 40 or lose if you want to be on the big boy train. I can tell you one think I don’t want. I don’t want a search where MSU “limitations” are a factor. Fuck that shit. Well we can’t do this or do that. Bullshit. You swing for the fences. It can be done. Clemson use to be us. They use to be a catch lightning in a bottle for season type team. They said fuck it get the best assistant out there. You think Clemson SC is some sort of destination type city? It’s a bum fuck town in the middle of no where. You build it baby. We reached a plateau but didn’t want to keep building because we valued loyalty over results. I got no first hand evidence or conversations that can prove it but it sure seems that way. I believe MSU can shove scums hype and BS down their own throats with the right guy. I guy that don’t GAF. I want that guy. I don’t want Holiday bowl guy.

DWags!  What's the deal with the boat rowing guy? - Page 2 969504605 DWags!  What's the deal with the boat rowing guy? - Page 2 3493939353

At this point the bar isn’t even that high. 500 ball and not even in the top 100 teams in scoring offense. Who should be scared shitless of post Dantonio at this point? The product could be watchable.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-10-28, 10:05

MiamiSpartan wrote:Hire Jimmy Johnson.

Can't we get Pete Carroll? He's younger still coaching, so maybe more in touch.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-10-28, 10:09

Not one vote for Mooch. Sad!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2019-10-28, 10:11

kingstonlake wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Who is Sweeney though?

I think he’s that guy who coaches Clemson. No idea how he spells his name. What are our chances of getting both?

I'd say we probably don't have much of a chance if we can't spell his name correctly.

But, ask OTPT. He knows all about the chances stuff.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-10-28, 10:17

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Defense mechanisms. Gotta love em!

Bump.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-10-28, 10:19

NigelUno wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Better come back with some answers, Kingston.

Thought I asked you.  Must be nice to have a spokesperson though.  

NigelUno wrote:
Nordic wrote:

Nope.

OTPT said we missed our chance.  We blew it.

That boat has rowed right by us.  

NigelUno wrote:
DWags wrote:If we have to stay in conference, my dream is throwing the bank at Ryan Day.  Change my mind.

We missed our chance with him too. - OTPT and his sidekick/mouthpiece kingston

NigelUno wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

What about Wayne?

I think we definitely missed our chance with him.  

NigelUno wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

I'd say we probably don't have much of a chance if we can't spell his name correctly.  

But, ask OTPT.  He knows all about the chances stuff.  

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-10-28, 10:23

kingstonlake wrote:. I can tell you one think I don’t want. I don’t want a search where MSU “limitations” are a factor. Fuck that shit. Well we can’t do this or do that. Bullshit. You swing for the fences. It can be done. Clemson use to be us. They use to be a catch lightning in a bottle for season type team. They said fuck it get the best assistant out there. You think Clemson SC is some sort of destination type city? It’s a bum fuck town in the middle of no where. You build it baby. .

I understand what you're saying, but using Dabo is a really bad example. Best assistant out there? he wa s fucking WR coach who took over for a fired coach midway through the season. He goes 4-3, loses the Gator bow. They didn't want him, but kept him. He goes into his first full year and goes 9-5, not great, not bad, but wins his bowl game and he gets another year. However, he then goes 6-7 the following year and that fan base wanted to run him out of town. I mean, if they had guys like tanfan and OTPT and Moose et al, in the A.D. he'd have been gone. The vast majority of those people in bum fuck SC used their football intelligence loudly trying to oust him.

The university started doing things that you need to do to get the right recruits in. So, I love your idea of not ever selling MSU short, it's why I'm all about approaching whoever the fuck we think will be a good fit. Thus my last few posts. Just do it. They say no, big deal.

But yeah, Dabo is comparable to the idiots at MSU who would have fired Izzo. Exact same shit. Of course I'd give you a dollar for a donut if you can find one MSU fan/alumni DE'er who now say they wanted Izzo gone. The good people of bumfuck SC are 100% saying that none of them wanted Dabo gone. Cause that's what you can do in today's world.

All kidding aside. If Dantonio isn't here next year, a guy who would be on my list is Larry Johnson. Not knowing a thing about him, he's done monster things at PSU and OSU. You can get by him keeping quiet about the Sandusky shit, cause if he wins here, it seems that would be more important. amiright? Anyway, He's a guy who I put on an interview list. Recruits Pennsylvania and Ohio, has a ton of coaching chache and respect, knows assistants at OSU and from PSU that he could promote and give raises here to run offense. And he knows his defensive shit. He might have a heisman Dlinemen.

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-10-28, 10:41

tGreenWay wrote:Not one vote for Mooch. Sad!

I thank that's a great idea. +1
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-10-28, 10:49

So, have we all decided that Larry Johnson will be our first choice? Lets get on board with this. It's our collective that will convince beekman to do the right thing. Look how they've listened to us regarding the tailgates! Look how they've allowed the Izzone to be the Izzone. They'll listen to us or they'll experience our wrath!

Larry Johnson. Next head coach at MSU.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-10-28, 10:51

DWags wrote:So, have we all decided that Larry Johnson will be our first choice? Lets get on board with this. It's our collective that will convince beekman to do the right thing. Look how they've listened to us regarding the tailgates! Look how they've allowed the Izzone to be the Izzone. They'll listen to us or they'll experience our wrath!

I predict that our voices will be muted and they'll go on and make a hire from a tier 3 program.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-10-28, 10:52

DWags wrote:So, have we all decided that Larry Johnson will be our first choice? Lets get on board with this. It's our collective that will convince beekman to do the right thing. Look how they've listened to us regarding the tailgates! Look how they've allowed the Izzone to be the Izzone. They'll listen to us or they'll experience our wrath!

Makes sense.

DWags!  What's the deal with the boat rowing guy? - Page 2 Miles-bridges-of-the-charlotte-hornets-reveals-his-larry-johnson-picture-id1125326524
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-10-28, 10:54

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

Makes sense.

DWags!  What's the deal with the boat rowing guy? - Page 2 Miles-bridges-of-the-charlotte-hornets-reveals-his-larry-johnson-picture-id1125326524

DWags!  What's the deal with the boat rowing guy? - Page 2 1966794946 DWags!  What's the deal with the boat rowing guy? - Page 2 1966794946
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-10-28, 10:55

Cool with Larry Johnson. Like I am anyone but trump in the next election, I’m anyone but Dantonio.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-10-28, 10:57

steveschneider wrote:

I predict that our voices will be muted and they'll go on and make a hire from a tier 3 program.

No way!!!! We have all these threads about who we want! They won't listen to us? No way. They will. Remember when it was raining Bo Pelini's? He was almost our coach! And Brian Kelly! He almost coached here. Grantham was almost here!

We had threads and threads about each one. We had a voice. They were listening to us.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-10-28, 10:58

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Cool with Larry Johnson. Like I am anyone but trump in the next election, I’m anyone but Dantonio.

How would you have felt about Dabo year three?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-10-28, 11:11

DWags wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Cool with Larry Johnson. Like I am anyone but trump in the next election, I’m anyone but Dantonio.

How would you have felt about Dabo year three?  

There was definitely frustration after first couple years. He booted his OC (wtf!) and people were upset about losing to SC. But his success outside of the in state stuff and being a phenomenal recruiter kept him in the good graces of the people that mattered. My boss when I lived in SC was a trainer for them or some level of employment with the program. So my take is from the conversations we would have. He said his best move outside of the recruiting model was booting his OC. He knew they had talent but it wasn’t being maximized. His players love him supposedly.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next