Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DWags! What's the deal with the boat rowing guy?

+14
Rocinante
Floyd Robertson
MiamiSpartan
Nordic
MSU addict
duffy munn
Other Teams Pursuing That
Travis of the Cosmos
tGreenWay
kingstonlake
GRR Spartan
steveschneider
DWags
NigelUno
18 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

DWags!  What's the deal with the boat rowing guy? - Page 3 Empty Re: DWags! What's the deal with the boat rowing guy?

Post by tGreenWay Mon 28 Oct 2019 - 12:13

Okay, Coach Larry it is. But if not, we grab Mooch* by his Stormy Kromers and drag him all the way to East Lansing.

*Only kidding
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

DWags!  What's the deal with the boat rowing guy? - Page 3 Empty Re: DWags! What's the deal with the boat rowing guy?

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon 28 Oct 2019 - 12:15

DWags wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Cool with Larry Johnson. Like I am anyone but trump in the next election, I’m anyone but Dantonio.

How would you have felt about Dabo year three?

I think that's sort of a dumbass question, to be quite honest with you.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon 28 Oct 2019 - 12:19

kingstonlake wrote:
kept him in the good graces of the people that mattered. .

What are you saying here?   Are you saying many of the voices we hear the most don't matter?  
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon 28 Oct 2019 - 12:24

Also, I just want to pin it here again that if we beat UofM in A2 this season will be a success in my book. I think it's very unlikely this well happen but I'll stfu and applaud the coaching staff and players if they pull it off.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon 28 Oct 2019 - 12:28

steveschneider wrote:Also, I just want to pin it here again that if we beat UofM in A2 this season will be a success in my book. I think it's very unlikely this well happen but I'll stfu and applaud the coaching staff and players if they pull it off.

yeah, I'm inclined to believe no also. Oh, and JH will run it the hell up if he can. I've not felt this way about the team for a long time, but it seems they don't have much fight in them or pride. These last two games weren't just beat downs, they were games very had to watch. Especially because we're all used to the fight in Danotonio's teams. That, for the most part, seemed to be lacking
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon 28 Oct 2019 - 12:39

DWags wrote:So, have we all decided that Larry Johnson will be our first choice?  Lets get on board with this.  It's our collective that will convince beekman to do the right thing.  Look how they've listened to us regarding the tailgates!  Look how they've allowed the Izzone to be the Izzone.  They'll listen to us or they'll experience our wrath!  

Larry Johnson.   Next head coach at MSU.  

This guy?

DWags!  What's the deal with the boat rowing guy? - Page 3 4517f15d9aa7d4402fb989767981b3a4
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon 28 Oct 2019 - 12:43

DWags wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Also, I just want to pin it here again that if we beat UofM in A2 this season will be a success in my book. I think it's very unlikely this well happen but I'll stfu and applaud the coaching staff and players if they pull it off.

yeah, I'm inclined to believe no also. Oh, and JH will run it the hell up if he can. I've not felt this way about the team for a long time, but it seems they don't have much fight in them or pride. These last two games weren't just beat downs, they were games very had to watch. Especially because we're all used to the fight in Danotonio's teams. That, for the most part, seemed to be lacking

I mean if after last years disrespect and the fact that if we show up with no fight they are going to rub our face in shit doesn't motivate this team I don't know what to say. I'm inclined to agree with you though. Our offense needs to show up and it needs to figure shit out fast.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon 28 Oct 2019 - 12:43

DWags wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:
kept him in the good graces of the people that mattered. .

What are you saying here?   Are you saying many of the voices we hear the most don't matter?  

Wags I think you’re taking this way to literally. I for one know my opinion on a message board has a zero percent chance of influencing those that matter on who is hired next. I’m willing to bet 99% of the people here feel the same.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon 28 Oct 2019 - 13:00

kingstonlake wrote:
DWags wrote:

Wags I think you’re taking this way to literally. I for one know my opinion on a message board has a zero percent chance of influencing those that matter on who is hired next. I’m willing to bet 99% of the people here feel the same.

He's been saying that a lot lately, like it's news that message board posts..are message board posts.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon 28 Oct 2019 - 13:09

kingstonlake wrote:
DWags wrote:

Yeah. Agree. I’m just having fun. Seeing how long it would take you or OTPT to scold me. I’m in line getting tabs for five cars. Four business and one personal which will look like five business to the IRS when they see the check. Football season is over. Waiting for Bballl. What else is there to do? Talk music?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon 28 Oct 2019 - 13:22

Basketball and ski season DWags!  What's the deal with the boat rowing guy? - Page 3 3434560931
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon 28 Oct 2019 - 13:24

I say fuck it, lets go for this Row the Boat guy.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon 28 Oct 2019 - 14:14

DWags wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Yeah. Agree.  I’m just having fun.  Seeing how long it would take you or OTPT to scold me. I’m in line getting tabs for five cars. Four business and one personal which will look like five business to the IRS when they see the check.    Football season is over. Waiting for Bballl. What else is there to do?   Talk music?  

It’s all fun and games my friend. Tabs. Ugh. Thank god for the print and run kiosk for consumer tabs lol.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon 28 Oct 2019 - 14:23

kingstonlake wrote:
DWags wrote:

Yeah. Agree.  I’m just having fun.  Seeing how long it would take you or OTPT to scold me. I’m in line getting tabs for five cars. Four business and one personal which will look like five business to the IRS when they see the check.    Football season is over. Waiting for Bballl. What else is there to do?   Talk music?  

It’s all fun and games my friend. Tabs. Ugh. Thank god for the print and run kiosk for consumer tabs lol.

So my biz partner used to take care of tabs. He would seem to fuck up and about three of the 30 cars would be expired once a year. I’d say fuck you you just messed up. Now that I’m doing it, not joking there are three or four the state won’t send you. They don’t come in the mail. So if your tabs ever expired and you think “damn I never got a renew thing in the mail” you might be right. Be careful
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon 28 Oct 2019 - 14:28

tGreenWay wrote:Okay, Coach Larry it is. But if not, we grab Mooch* by his Stormy Kromers and drag him all the way to East Lansing.

*Only kidding

This just in: Larry Johnson is 66 years old. DWags is full of Shiite. Mooch it is.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon 28 Oct 2019 - 14:43

That dude would be JLS part 2. You guys are psychotic.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon 28 Oct 2019 - 14:53

tGreenWay wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Okay, Coach Larry it is. But if not, we grab Mooch* by his Stormy Kromers and drag him all the way to East Lansing.

*Only kidding

This just in: Larry Johnson is 66 years old. DWags is full of Shiite. Mooch it is.

If any of you powerful people who will make the choice are reading this, please ignore tGreenway. He’s nuts. TIA
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon 28 Oct 2019 - 15:03

DWags wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

If any of you powerful people who will make the choice are reading this, please ignore tGreenway. He’s nuts. TIA

Will do. Thanks for the heads up dwags
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Mon 28 Oct 2019 - 15:10

DWags wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

So my biz partner used to take care of tabs. He would seem to fuck up and about three of the 30 cars would be expired once a year. I’d say fuck you you just messed up. Now that I’m doing it, not joking there are three or four the state won’t send you. They don’t come in the mail. So if your tabs ever expired and you think “damn I never got a renew thing in the mail” you might be right. Be careful

I don't have 30 cars dwags
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon 28 Oct 2019 - 15:27

steveschneider wrote:I say fuck it, lets go for this Row the Boat guy.

Nope. OTPT said we missed our chance with him. Not sure why. He won't really say.

It's just a message board. Seems like he would say. Don't ask him about it.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon 28 Oct 2019 - 15:29

NigelUno wrote:

Nope. OTPT said we missed our chance with him. Not sure why. He won't really say.

My question is if we are #25 in revenue why don't we start spending like it? Few proper investments we could probably improve our football team and move up a few more spots in revenue. Everyone wins!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon 28 Oct 2019 - 15:34

steveschneider wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

My question is if we are #25 in revenue why don't we start spending like it? Few proper investments we could probably improve our football team and move up a few more spots in revenue. Everyone wins!

I'm gonna need you to go a bit deeper into your business plan here. I like the preliminaries, but if we're going to take this idea to the people who count, I think we need to be a bit more prepared for possible questions.

In your above proposal, you use "proper investments" what are those? Please let us know. Then you specifically say "probably improve our team". You really want to present this to a committee of powerful people with that term in it?

I think you owe us more than that Steve.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon 28 Oct 2019 - 15:35

NigelUno wrote:

..OTPT..
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon 28 Oct 2019 - 15:37

steveschneider wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

There are 64 teams in major conferences in college football steve. Given that we’re not in the top third of those teams in revenue, it seems like we probably do spend like it.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon 28 Oct 2019 - 15:38

NigelUno wrote:

Jesus hopscotching Christ, could you stop being you for at least a little while? Give it a rest, take your meds, something. Anything.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon 28 Oct 2019 - 15:39

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

There are 64 teams in major conferences in college football steve. Given that we’re not in the top third of those teams in revenue, it seems like we probably do spend like it.

MSU has been in the top 20 for attendance since like 1965 and we're not in the top 1/3 in revenue?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon 28 Oct 2019 - 15:41

Floyd Robertson wrote:

MSU has been in the top 20 for attendance since like 1965 and we're not in the top 1/3 in revenue?

Again, there are only 64 teams to reasonably compare to. So #20 in attendance is just barely making the cut (21) into the top 3rd anyway.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon 28 Oct 2019 - 15:42

Now, I want to buy a boat.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon 28 Oct 2019 - 15:43

Floyd Robertson wrote:

Again, there are only 64 teams to reasonably compare to. So #20 in attendance is just barely making the cut (21) into the top 3rd anyway.

If we are in the top 25 to 20 places then I want us to spend the proper amount so our FB team is in the 25 rankings every year.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon 28 Oct 2019 - 15:44

steveschneider wrote:

If we are in the top 25 to 20 places then I want us to spend the proper amount so our FB team is in the 25 rankings every year.

A coach Larry Johnson-led program would make that happen, Steve.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon 28 Oct 2019 - 15:44

steveschneider wrote:

No.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon 28 Oct 2019 - 15:45

DWags wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I'm gonna need you to go a bit deeper into your business plan here. I like the preliminaries, but if we're going to take this idea to the people who count, I think we need to be a bit more prepared for possible questions.

In your above proposal, you use "proper investments" what are those? Please let us know. Then you specifically say "probably improve our team". You really want to present this to a committee of powerful people with that term in it?

I propose we pay for Barnett and Enos. Hand the keys to the O over to Enos. Invest in another recruiting coordinator.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon 28 Oct 2019 - 15:49

steveschneider wrote:

Dantonio has the 24th highest salary in the country.

So, again, Steve, we do spend like we have the 25th highest revenue.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon 28 Oct 2019 - 15:51

steveschneider wrote:

Thanks, then in my view if he's getting paid the 24th highest then he should finish with a national ranking of 24 or higher every year.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon 28 Oct 2019 - 15:51

steveschneider wrote:

Thanks, then in my view if he's getting paid the 24th highest then he should finish with a national ranking of 24 or higher every year.

Alas.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon 28 Oct 2019 - 15:52

steveschneider wrote:

Pretty straightforward. Good post, Steve.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Mon 28 Oct 2019 - 15:55

steveschneider wrote:
DWags wrote:

I'm gonna need you to go a bit deeper into your business plan here.  I like the preliminaries, but if we're going to take this idea to the people who count, I think we need to be a bit more prepared for possible questions.  

In your above proposal, you use "proper investments" what are those?  Please let us know.  Then you specifically say "probably improve our team".  You really want to present this to a committee of powerful people with that term in it?  

I propose we pay for Barnett and Enos. Hand the keys to the O over to Enos. Invest in another recruiting coordinator.
Yeah, cause they're really tearing it up, aren't they?

Well, Enos' O is facing Barnett's D this weekend, in the battle for Florida irrelevance, so you can watch them an deeply analyze what they do.

Last edited by MiamiSpartan on Mon 28 Oct 2019 - 16:01; edited 1 time in total
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon 28 Oct 2019 - 15:57

MiamiSpartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Yeah, cause they're really tearing it up, aren't they?

Well, Enos' O is facing Barnett's D this weekend, in the battle for Florida irrelevance.

Yeah, no thanks. New blood across the board!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon 28 Oct 2019 - 16:04

tGreenWay wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Nope.  OTPT said we missed our chance with him.  Not sure why.  He won't really say.  

It's just a message board.  Seems like he would say.  Don't ask him about it.

Jesus hopscotching Christ, could you stop being you for at least a little while? Give it a rest, take your meds, something. Anything.

Nah. Never happen. He missed the boat on that.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon 28 Oct 2019 - 16:04

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Pretty straightforward. Good post, Steve.

Gotta be careful though, if you say you are content with a modest ranking like 24 year in year out then people will label you the problem.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next