Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coronavirus?? We gone?

+30
Robert J Sakimano
Tim Wakefield
Jake from State Farm
Turtleneck
AvgMSUJoe
Wally Fairway
Travis of the Cosmos
NigelUno
tGreenWay
Dendrobates
Cameron
duffy munn
Heat Miser
MSU addict
InTenSity
DWags
CORNER BLITZ
Rocinante
GRR Spartan
MiamiSpartan
kingstonlake
Watch Out Pylon!
Floyd Robertson
pulling69
Nordic
steveschneider
Other Teams Pursuing That
aualum06
WhiteBoyHatcher
The Pantry
34 posters

Page 24 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 24 Empty Re: Coronavirus?? We gone?

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-03-26, 08:55

Hoax-Related Unemployment Soars to 3.3 Million Last Week
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2020-03-26, 09:02

kingstonlake wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:US passes 1,000 hoax-related deaths.

And we're nowhere near peak. Not even approaching it. Especially with the mind-numbing absence of federal leadership.

Nurses in the United States wearing trash bags to protect themselves.

At least every corporation manufacturing trash bags and Koch brothers toilet paper ( Soft ‘n Gentle, Quilted Northern, Angel Soft, Brawny) got their tax rate reduced from 35 to 20%

Idk why that list made me think this, but cottonelle is the worst toilet paper ever created
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-03-26, 09:19

We're a Charmin house.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2020-03-26, 10:00

Pretty frightening stuff here. Steve was right all along. Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 24 1550444538 Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 24 1550444538 Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 24 1550444538

Video reveals lung damage in US coronavirus patient: 'People need to take this seriously'
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-03-26, 10:07

Heat Miser wrote:Pretty frightening stuff here. Steve was right all along.  Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 24 1550444538  Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 24 1550444538  Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 24 1550444538

Video reveals lung damage in US coronavirus patient: 'People need to take this seriously'

You want some next level terrifying shit, read the articles about dying alone.  I There was a thread by some young guy that was absolutely terrifying. He pulled through but he gave a real glimpse into what that horror is like. Also, he says to this day he still has trouble walking up stairs without major fatigue. You do not want this shit folks.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2020-03-26, 10:31

Governor Desantos hasn’t shut down FL.

However in Tallahassee I know they are issueing PA’s in the hospital ER’s with 1 N95 mask and telling them its the one they have to use for the foreseeable future.

Typically you would dispose of the mask and get a new one for every patient.This is 3rd world medicine in 21st Century Florida.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-03-26, 10:35

GRR Spartan wrote:Governor Desantos hasn’t shut down FL.

However in Tallahassee I know they are issueing PA’s in the hospital ER’s with 1 N95 mask and telling them its the one they have to use for the foreseeable future.

Typically you would dispose of the mask and get a new one for every patient.This is 3rd world medicine in 21st Century Florida.
with the absence of federal leadership, morality and basic human decency, we are rapidly approaching Third World status..

next time someone tells you how great America is, remind them that we're giving healthcare professionals trashbags to use as PPE's, storing dead bodies in refrigerated trucks and converting parking garages to triage units.

oh - and 3.3 million souls filed for unemployment last week.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-03-26, 12:36

Am I over reacting? How in the fuck does this guy not get a test?

https://www.thealpenanews.com/news/local-news/2020/03/dozens-of-carmeuse-workers-could-be-quarantined-after-contractor-tests-positive/

Dozens of Carmeuse Lime and Stone employees could be asked to self-quarantine because two employees became ill after working alongside a contractor who later tested positive for coronavirus infection.

It isn’t clear if the two Carmeuse employees who are ill have COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus, because those employees reported only today for testing, Whyte said.

One of the two employees was tested, while the other was denied at the testing site because the employee was not a health care or emergency medical services worker, is younger than 60, and is not in critical condition, Whyte said.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-03-26, 13:10

Steph Curry is doing a live Q&A on Instagram right now with Dr. Fauci.

I don't know how to link you to it, I can't find it on desktop. If you are following him, a "live" icon shows up in your stories on my phone.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-03-26, 13:24

This is pretty basic so far. I think he's asking mostly scripted questions for dumb people. Smart of him, he has a big draw. But I was hoping for more detail.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-03-26, 13:28

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:This is pretty basic so far. I think he's asking mostly scripted questions for dumb people. Smart of him, he has a big draw. But I was hoping for more detail.

Not watching, but having a guy that thinks the moon landing was fake, asking a scientist questions about science, probably wouldn't fill me with much in the way of expectations.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-03-26, 13:30

That was Kyrie Irving.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-03-26, 13:33

Curry did, too. He later walked it back after NASA offered to show him the rocks, saying he was joking.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-03-26, 13:35

America is a stupid country.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2020-03-26, 13:41

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

Pretty sure he said Easter. That's 4/12. 2.5 weeks.

He did not say we are opening up on (or by) Easter (or if he did in the Town Hall, he clarified it in the press conference). In the press conference, he said that he would like to. He said that it is a goal. He also said that he would be listening to what Fauci, Birx, etc. say, and hinted that the date is flexible (then deferred to Fauci who directly said that it is flexible). Look, he's a real estate developer. Real estate developers always set ambitious goals and they almost never get met. They don't move people in if it isn't safe/ready. In other words, dont read too much into his goal dates. He's also said that it may be some parts of the country that open up sooner than others, which was backed up by the experts (not that it WOULD, but that it COULD, and that some areas may be evaluated differently).

I don't want to defend him, but being aware of what was said helps to have a better discussion. I get it, he's the president, and people want to take what he says at face value as opposed to being a typical, overly-ambitious developer. But knowing his background, it just sounds like what I've heard hundreds of times over my career when clients have had building or grand opening dates that never hit the goal.

It is interesting that, for as often as many of you say that you don't trust a word he says (and I agree on that), some of you are sure quick to believe him on this date.

MiamiSpartan wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:This is pretty basic so far. I think he's asking mostly scripted questions for dumb people. Smart of him, he has a big draw. But I was hoping for more detail.

Not watching, but having a guy that thinks the moon landing was fake, asking a scientist questions about science, probably wouldn't fill me with much in the way of expectations.

I mean.... as long as we’re disregarding someone’s opinion based off of one thing they said, and I’m not necessarily saying that’s wrong to do... we could probably start here and roll down this hill together.

[tw]449525268529815552[/tw]
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-03-26, 14:08

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Rocinante wrote:Pretty sure I quoted him. The whole transcript is here

https://www.rev.com/blog/transcripts/donald-trump-coronavirus-town-hall-transcript-march-24-trump-wants-to-restart-the-economy-by-easter

Again the point is not that I believe him. The point is that his words have an effect and people, encouraged by his cavalier attitude are not following the steps needed to stop the virus.

Yes, and he specifically said earlier in that interview that we will give it more time if we need to. Thats the kind of thing I'm talking about, people jump on a soundbite ignoring the context given.

His words are also, literally, over and over again saying to stay in, maintain social distance, etc. If he's being overly optimistic for the situation 2 weeks from now, fair enough, but in terms of the immediate day to day situation, I dont see how he has been cavalier about the steps people can take to avoid this and limit the impact (the debate over state vs federal help, etc) is a different matter.

He seemed to be cavalier when he was exposed and then didn’t self quarantine.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-03-26, 14:08

MiamiSpartan wrote:Curry did, too. He later walked it back after NASA offered to show him the rocks, saying he was joking.

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 24 4113017228 he wasn't joking
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-03-26, 14:09

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

He did not say we are opening up on (or by) Easter (or if he did in the Town Hall, he clarified it in the press conference). In the press conference, he said that he would like to. He said that it is a goal. He also said that he would be listening to what Fauci, Birx, etc. say, and hinted that the date is flexible (then deferred to Fauci who directly said that it is flexible). Look, he's a real estate developer. Real estate developers always set ambitious goals and they almost never get met. They don't move people in if it isn't safe/ready. In other words, dont read too much into his goal dates. He's also said that it may be some parts of the country that open up sooner than others, which was backed up by the experts (not that it WOULD, but that it COULD, and that some areas may be evaluated differently).

I don't want to defend him, but being aware of what was said helps to have a better discussion. I get it, he's the president, and people want to take what he says at face value as opposed to being a typical, overly-ambitious developer. But knowing his background, it just sounds like what I've heard hundreds of times over my career when clients have had building or grand opening dates that never hit the goal.

It is interesting that, for as often as many of you say that you don't trust a word he says (and I agree on that), some of you are sure quick to believe him on this date.

MiamiSpartan wrote:

I mean.... as long as we’re disregarding someone’s opinion based off of one thing they said, and I’m not necessarily saying that’s wrong to do... we could probably start here and roll down this hill together.

[tw]449525268529815552[/tw]

Of course captain fuck up is an anti-vaxxer.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-03-26, 14:11

Well I ordered tp off of eBay. I could make a roll last a month but my wife and son are getting nervous. And yes there's a bidet on the toilet they use, too.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-03-26, 14:16

Heat Miser wrote:Pretty frightening stuff here. Steve was right all along. Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 24 1550444538 Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 24 1550444538 Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 24 1550444538

Also, this is directed at my haters but looks like Fucking Steve was Right again!

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-03-26, 14:51

Buried in this NYT Opinion Piece

If Covid-19 is as fearsome as some believe, our model suggests a grim possibility: It may be that the only way to control it sustainably is with an economic pause too long to be politically sustainable. In that case, we may be headed for a year of alternating periods of easing and tightening economic activity, with the pandemic rising whenever we ease and subsiding whenever we tighten.

Dr. David N. Fisman, a University of Toronto epidemiologist who helped us build this model, suggests that for the next year we may have to tighten social distancing whenever I.C.U. capacity is stretched, and then loosen it when the situation improves. “This gives the economy and the population ‘breaks’ so that people can breathe and businesses can operate,” Fisman said.

Imagine living through this for a year (or more).
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2020-03-26, 14:55

Floyd Robertson wrote:Buried in this NYT Opinion Piece

If Covid-19 is as fearsome as some believe, our model suggests a grim possibility: It may be that the only way to control it sustainably is with an economic pause too long to be politically sustainable. In that case, we may be headed for a year of alternating periods of easing and tightening economic activity, with the pandemic rising whenever we ease and subsiding whenever we tighten.

Dr. David N. Fisman, a University of Toronto epidemiologist who helped us build this model, suggests that for the next year we may have to tighten social distancing whenever I.C.U. capacity is stretched, and then loosen it when the situation improves. “This gives the economy and the population ‘breaks’ so that people can breathe and businesses can operate,” Fisman said.

Imagine living through this for a year (or more).
My kids can't even make it 3 days...
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-03-26, 15:06

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:That was Kyrie Irving.

He thinks the earth is flat.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-03-26, 15:08

Keep "treatments" in the back of your mind when you read about dark scenarios. The search for therapy/treatments is in full steam (in addition to a vaccine) and those treatments aren't 12-18 months out. It sounds like the antibody treatments are showing some promise. That would be great because Bill needs to go on a walk.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2020-03-26, 15:17

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Keep "treatments" in the back of your mind when you read about dark scenarios. The search for therapy/treatments is in full steam (in addition to a vaccine) and those treatments aren't 12-18 months out. It sounds like the antibody treatments are showing some promise. That would be great because Bill needs to go on a walk.

Taking my dog to the local state park shortly. Went there yesterday and it was pretty busy. A lot of people not really giving two f**** about 6 feet apart.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-03-26, 15:19

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Keep "treatments" in the back of your mind when you read about dark scenarios. The search for therapy/treatments is in full steam (in addition to a vaccine) and those treatments aren't 12-18 months out. It sounds like the antibody treatments are showing some promise. That would be great because Bill needs to go on a walk.

I believe Salem is coordinating the offensive against Coronavirus.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-03-26, 15:20

Jake from State Farm wrote:

Taking my dog to the local state park shortly. Went there yesterday and it was pretty busy. A lot of people not really giving two f**** about 6 feet apart.

I had this same experience yesterday on the Macomb Orchard Trail, and even last Sunday at Stony Creek. It was pretty uncomfortable yesterday seeing clusters of people, and those clusters not yielding to oncoming clusters.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2020-03-26, 15:29

steveschneider wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:Pretty frightening stuff here. Steve was right all along.  Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 24 1550444538  Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 24 1550444538  Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 24 1550444538

You want some next level terrifying shit, read the articles about dying alone.  I There was a thread by some young guy that was absolutely terrifying. He pulled through but he gave a real glimpse into what that horror is like. Also, he says to this day he still has trouble walking up stairs without major fatigue. You do not want this shit folks.

To this day? So like within a month?
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2020-03-26, 15:33

CORNER BLITZ wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

To this day? So like within a month?

lol!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2020-03-26, 15:42

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Jake from State Farm wrote:

I had this same experience yesterday on the Macomb Orchard Trail, and even last Sunday at Stony Creek. It was pretty uncomfortable yesterday seeing clusters of people, and those clusters not yielding to oncoming clusters.

I was wondering about stony creek with how busy it would be now. That's frustrating to know people still aren't adhering to the guidelines there.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-03-26, 15:43

How do you guys practice your social distancing on walks, etc? Lots of people out walking yesterday. Most people, myself included, just kind of move to the edge of the sidewalk or walk on the grass when passing, smile and say hi. I noticed some people would take it to extremes and like take 3 steps up a driveway to let you pass. I mean provided someone isn't coughing and sneezing or some shit. In the grocery store, I definitely kept my distance and moved to let people pass but on the sidewalk I'm a little more casual about space. I figure someone on one side of the sidewalk and me on the other or slightly on the grass is a good 4-6 ft.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-03-26, 15:52

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:How do you guys practice your social distancing on walks, etc? Lots of people out walking yesterday. Most people, myself included, just kind of move to the edge of the sidewalk or walk on the grass when passing, smile and say hi. I noticed some people would take it to extremes and like take 3 steps up a driveway to let you pass. I mean provided someone isn't coughing and sneezing or some shit. In the grocery store, I definitely kept my distance and moved to let people pass but on the sidewalk I'm a little more casual about space. I figure someone on one side of the sidewalk and me on the other or slightly on the grass is a good 4-6 ft.

I clear out and give a safe space.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-03-26, 15:52

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:How do you guys practice your social distancing on walks, etc? Lots of people out walking yesterday. Most people, myself included, just kind of move to the edge of the sidewalk or walk on the grass when passing, smile and say hi. I noticed some people would take it to extremes and like take 3 steps up a driveway to let you pass. I mean provided someone isn't coughing and sneezing or some shit. In the grocery store, I definitely kept my distance and moved to let people pass but on the sidewalk I'm a little more casual about space. I figure someone on one side of the sidewalk and me on the other or slightly on the grass is a good 4-6 ft.

I walk to the side when I pass another person. If they are still too close, I yell "GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM ME!"

Now that this Coronavirus things is happening, I yell it 2-3 times.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-03-26, 15:54

steveschneider wrote:

You a lib, bro?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2020-03-26, 16:00

Turtleneck wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

You a lib, bro?

The libbiest lib
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-03-26, 16:07

I live in Wyoming.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2020-03-26, 16:13

We're about to overtake Italy & China for first place! USA #1 Baby! #MAGA!
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2020-03-26, 16:28

Calculate how much you’ll get from the $1,200 (or more) coronavirus checks

Socialism FTW!
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-03-26, 16:30

Rocinante wrote:

I live in Wyoming.

How many furlongs do you guys distance when riding past one another?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-03-26, 16:32

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

I live in Wyoming.

How many furlongs do you guys distance when riding past one another?

Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next