Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coronavirus?? We gone?

+30
Robert J Sakimano
Tim Wakefield
Jake from State Farm
Turtleneck
AvgMSUJoe
Wally Fairway
Travis of the Cosmos
NigelUno
tGreenWay
Dendrobates
Cameron
duffy munn
Heat Miser
MSU addict
InTenSity
DWags
CORNER BLITZ
Rocinante
GRR Spartan
MiamiSpartan
kingstonlake
Watch Out Pylon!
Floyd Robertson
pulling69
Nordic
steveschneider
Other Teams Pursuing That
aualum06
WhiteBoyHatcher
The Pantry
34 posters

Page 13 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 25  Next

Go down

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 13 Empty Re: Coronavirus?? We gone?

Post by CORNER BLITZ Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:48 am

NigelUno wrote:Special Report: How Korea trounced U.S. in race to test people for coronavirus

In late January, South Korean health officials summoned representatives from more than 20 medical companies from their lunar New Year celebrations to a conference room tucked inside Seoul’s busy train station.

One of the country’s top infectious disease officials delivered an urgent message: South Korea needed an effective test immediately to detect the novel coronavirus, then running rampant in China. He promised the companies swift regulatory approval.

Though there were only four known cases in South Korea at that point, “we were very nervous. We believed that it could develop into a pandemic,” one attendee, Lee Sang-won, an infectious diseases expert at the Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, told Reuters.

“We acted like an army,” he said.

A week after the Jan. 27 meeting, South Korea’s CDC approved one company’s diagnostic test. Another company soon followed. By the end of February, South Korea was making headlines around the world for its drive-through screening centers and ability to test thousands of people daily.

South Korea’s swift action stands in stark contrast to what has transpired in the United States. Seven weeks after the train station meeting, the Koreans have tested well over 290,000 people and identified over 8,000 infections. New cases are falling off: Ninety-three were reported Wednesday, down from a daily peak of 909 two weeks earlier.

The United States, whose first case was detected the same day as South Korea’s, is not even close to meeting demand for testing. About 60,000 tests have been run by public and private labs in a country of 330 million, federal officials said Tuesday.

Good read there

CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:26 pm

Heat Miser wrote:A week later and the shelves at Pubix are pretty sparse.Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 13 1550444538

No rice. No pasta. No TP. No baby wipes. No ground beef.

My pubix are far from sparse, but I haven't manscaped in a while.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:41 pm

my wife is excited that, apparently, The Hallmark Channel is showing a marathon of their holiday movies this weekend to help people deal with social distancing.

#WhitePeople
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:56 pm

Check If Your Area's Hospitals Are Ready for COVID-19
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:17 pm

Turtleneck wrote:It’s not about the actual time, but you are right, I should stop. My apologies to the board for carrying on.

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 13 Now-that-shit-xcz2vw
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:21 pm

The US passed 10k confirmed cases. just passed France too. Germany is next in our sights.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:25 pm

Heat Miser wrote:A week later and the shelves at Pubix are pretty sparse.Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 13 1550444538

Try Butcher Box. I've done it for two months and the quality is really good. Just added some ground beef to my order shipping tomorrow (hopefully).
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:39 pm

Nordic wrote:

Try Butcher Box. I've done it for two months and the quality is really good. Just added some ground beef to my order shipping tomorrow (hopefully).

I looked at it, but with just tMrs. and I, we're not eating that much red meat on a regular basis.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:40 pm

Nordic wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

There’s no good reason to avoid ibuprofen if you’re infected with the coronavirus

Been following this doc who is infected and tweeting a daily journal. March 15th he has a post about ibuprofen

https://mobile.twitter.com/yaletung

I think they are using that guy's journal/experience to try the malaria drug in the US.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:47 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:The US passed 10k confirmed cases. just passed France too. Germany is next in our sights.
someone should tell them it's a hoax.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:52 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote: Germany is next in our sights.

Well, we have been here before...
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:56 pm

Heat Miser wrote:
Nordic wrote:

I looked at it, but with just tMrs. and I, we're not eating that much red meat on a regular basis.

We get 2x10oz of ribeyes. The rest is chicken, salmon and scallops.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:00 pm

Nordic wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

We get 2x10oz of ribeyes. The rest is chicken, salmon and scallops.

If you sprinkle some HCQ on the salmon, you won't get the Corona.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:01 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:The US passed 10k confirmed cases. just passed France too. Germany is next in our sights.

This is the graph to watch. We are still in the parabolic phase. Unfortunately this isn't bitcoin.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 13 Screen13
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:02 pm

Nordic wrote:

This is the graph to watch. We are still in the parabolic phase. Unfortunately this isn't bitcoin.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 13 Screen13
#Leadership
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:13 pm

in the United States, 53 hoax-related deaths in 24 hours.

(Reuters) - The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on Thursday reported 10,491 cases of coronavirus, an increase of 3,404 cases from its previous count, and said the death toll had risen by 53 to 150.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:15 pm

O.K., I really apologize for this because I won't say where it's from. But, I've just had a call that "Perhaps" all the highways will be closed this weekend. Local roads open, but highways closed. I can't apologize enough if this is bullshit, but I like my source. I don't know why I'm even putting this here, but I really like this board, and though I'm begging you not to take this as gospel, maybe if you need to plan for ths, do so. Again, this is a call I received. . I am not more than 30% sure of this, but if anyone is in need of traveling via e-way, think about doing it today or tomorrow. apologies for this reckless rumor. only a rumor.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:16 pm

three "Death By Hoax" cases in Michigan.

Click me if you're not easily offended.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:18 pm

DWags wrote:O.K., I really apologize for this because I won't say where it's from.  But, I've just had a call that "Perhaps" all the highways will be closed this weekend.  Local roads open, but highways closed.   I can't apologize enough if this is bullshit, but I like my source.  I don't know why I'm even putting this here, but I really like this board, and though I'm begging you not to take this as gospel, maybe if you need to plan for ths, do so.   Again, this is a call I received.  .  I am not more than 30% sure of this, but if anyone is in need of traveling via e-way, think about doing it today or tomorrow.   apologies for this reckless rumor.  only a rumor.  
I think at this point anything can almost be considered realistic.

with the lack of leadership from the top, state/local agencies have to do everything in their power to minimize social contact in an attempt to 'flatten the curve'. However true this may be, it's as plausible as anything given the situation we've been given.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:19 pm

DWags wrote:O.K., I really apologize for this because I won't say where it's from. But, I've just had a call that "Perhaps" all the highways will be closed this weekend. Local roads open, but highways closed. I can't apologize enough if this is bullshit, but I like my source. I don't know why I'm even putting this here, but I really like this board, and though I'm begging you not to take this as gospel, maybe if you need to plan for ths, do so. Again, this is a call I received. . I am not more than 30% sure of this, but if anyone is in need of traveling via e-way, think about doing it today or tomorrow. apologies for this reckless rumor. only a rumor.

I think that's bullshit. My wife also just told me that she heard a rumor that everything is shutting down tonight at midnight - all stores, restaurants (carry out), gas stations, etc. Also bullshit.

Just my .02.

Hey I was thinking, silver lining is we haven't heard from Tony Paul on Curtis Blackwell shenanigans in awhile!
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:24 pm

A friend of mine that works for the State told me they are working on contingency plans for working from home for three to six months. Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 13 1550444538
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:25 pm

O.K., because of my position and my business I just called the state in Lansing and asked them directly. I have peopel whooo need e-ways all over the state for driving tests etc. They said to me: "As of right now, we have no plans for that.". So, I apologize. I'd like to give you my source, but it is what it is.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:26 pm

Not a big fan of reckless rumors like this. This isn’t some recruit deciding to play here or duke. Be responsible.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:31 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Not a big fan of reckless rumors like this. This isn’t some recruit deciding to play here or duke. Be responsible.

This is true, and I apologize. I'm thinking I should delete mine and all those who copied it. However, we're all friends here.

BTW, you're gonna get snowed under it sounds like. Take care.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:40 pm

DWags wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Not a big fan of reckless rumors like this. This isn’t some recruit deciding to play here or duke. Be responsible.

This is true, and I apologize. I'm thinking I should delete mine and all those who copied it. However, we're all friends here.

nah, you threw in the caveat that it was a rumor. In a time where it's difficult to determine fact from fiction and we can't trust the leaders and the media, everything is a rumor until proven otherwise.

besides, it's a fucking message board filled with a bunch of idiots. You can only expect so much from any of us.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:49 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

nah, you threw in the caveat that it was a rumor. In a time where it's difficult to determine fact from fiction and we can't trust the leaders and the media, everything is a rumor until proven otherwise.

besides, it's a fucking message board filled with a bunch of idiots. You can only expect so much from any of us.
This is exactly the place to post baseless rumors, or not baseless rumors. Like Bob said, you let us know it is a rumor. Anyway, I'm exhausted and they better not shut down the liquor stores.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:51 pm

InTenSity wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:nah, you threw in the caveat that it was a rumor. In a time where it's difficult to determine fact from fiction and we can't trust the leaders and the media, everything is a rumor until proven otherwise.

This is exactly the place to post baseless rumors, or not baseless rumors. Like Bob said, you let us know it is a rumor. Anyway, I'm exhausted and they better not shut down the liquor stores.
thanks - kinda nice to get the respect I deserve around here. Wink
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:56 pm

Half your post was saying this could be untrue - didn't post as #facts so IMO all good DWAGs

even though the worst part of all this is the hysteria and fear mindset
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:57 pm

I would bet that all of these "what if we had to" scenarios are being looked at. But quite a few dominoes would have to fall before they closed highways.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:02 pm

DWags wrote:O.K., I really apologize for this because I won't say where it's from. But, I've just had a call that "Perhaps" all the highways will be closed this weekend. Local roads open, but highways closed. I can't apologize enough if this is bullshit, but I like my source. I don't know why I'm even putting this here, but I really like this board, and though I'm begging you not to take this as gospel, maybe if you need to plan for ths, do so. Again, this is a call I received. . I am not more than 30% sure of this, but if anyone is in need of traveling via e-way, think about doing it today or tomorrow. apologies for this reckless rumor. only a rumor.

I don't think it's a reckless rumor. Hearing talk of a possible shelter in place. At minimum, I would guess preparations are being made for it (if needed).

Heard it last night it. Dismissed it.

Not dismissing it now.

But, you'd still be able to get groceries, go to the hospital, etc.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:03 pm

Nordic wrote:I would bet that all of these "what if we had to" scenarios are being looked at. But quite a few dominoes would have to fall before they closed highways.
if we've learned anything in the last 8-10 days, it's that no scenario is beyond the pale of consideration.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:08 pm

Nordic wrote:

Another place is https://www.piedmontese.com/

They have a different breed of cattle (piedmontese) that is higher in protein and lower in fat than your usual cut of meat - but supposedly still tender af

25% off and I think 2 day(ish don't know if they're getting slammed too) orders over $100 with POWERPROJECT

If costco/sams are out of meat early next week that's the route I'll be taking
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:10 pm

Rumor or not, I think we all know it’s a possibility at some point . I actually think it will happen at some point.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:23 pm

DWags wrote:

Looks like a blizzard out there. Thankfully already made my beer run. Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 13 969504605
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:27 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
DWags wrote:

Looks like a blizzard out there. Thankfully already made my beer run. Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 13 969504605
feel free to document that in the COVID 19 drinking thread.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:33 pm

The Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA) today announced that – in order to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 – it will close its lobbies to visits from the public. These changes are necessary to implement Governor Whitmer’s recommendations regarding social distancing and public gatherings and are effective immediately for the following:
• Michigan Liquor Control Commission (MLCC)
• Michigan Public Service Commission (MPSC)
• Michigan Indigent Defense Commission (MIDC)
• Michigan Office of Administrative Hearings and Rules (MOAHR)
• Marijuana Regulatory Agency (MRA)
• Bureau of Construction Codes (BCC)
• Bureau of Corporations, Securities, and Commercial Licensing (CSCL)
• Bureau of Professional Licensing (BPL)
• Bureau of Fire Services (BFS)
• Bureau of Community and Health Systems (BCHS)
LARA offices will continue to serve the public; stakeholders are encouraged to make payments online at www.michigan.gov/LARA and correspond with LARA staff via the website, email, and telephone (517-335-9700). These changes will remain effective as long as necessary for the health and safety of the public.
Information around this outbreak is changing rapidly. The latest information is available at Michigan.gov/Coronavirus and CDC.gov/Coronavirus
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:40 pm

Dendrobates wrote:Rumor or not, I think we all know it’s a possibility at some point . I actually think it will happen at some point.

Advising people not to travel abroad might be part of the plan.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:43 pm

White House considering grounding domestic flights too except for emergency business. Wow.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:46 pm

This toilet paper calculator lets you know how long your bathroom stash will last
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:58 pm

Nordic wrote:I would bet that all of these "what if we had to" scenarios are being looked at. But quite a few dominoes would have to fall before they closed highways.
Maybe some full road closures would help expedite road construction projects? I-75 comes to mind
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 25  Next