Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bump when these numbers move

+27
Trapper Gus
Wally Fairway
PennSpartan
Cameron
DWags
RQA
Bredo Morstoel
TrapperGus
Motown Spartan
Heat Miser
MiamiSpartan
Jake from State Farm
WhiteBoyHatcher
Turtleneck
Tim Wakefield
msugolfguy
Rocinante
Travis of the Cosmos
Other Teams Pursuing That
GRR Spartan
InTenSity
NigelUno
Floyd Robertson
AvgMSUJoe
Watch Out Pylon!
Three_Putt_Par
steveschneider
31 posters

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Bump when these numbers move - Page 19 Empty Re: Bump when these numbers move

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-04-14, 08:29

Greedflation is really a bitch since Reagan stopped enforcement of Anti-Trust.

https://www.mlive.com/news/2024/04/price-fixing-cartel-big-michigan-mobile-home-park-owners-accused-of-conspiracy.html
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-04-14, 09:55

Here's an investment strategy that has consistently outperformed during the 2020s: Bet that the US economy is going to run hotter than either the stock market or the bond market expects.

Why it matters: That strategy is the exact opposite of the way traders made money in the 2010s, which was to bet that the recovery from the 2008-09 global financial crisis would be slower and feebler than the market was hoping.

By the numbers: In the 14 quarters since the brief 2020 recession ended, U.S. GDP has soared by $8 trillion, or 40%.

https://www.axios.com/2024/04/14/stock-market-bonds-interest-rates-us-economy

So, what's the difference this time?

Oh yes, Bidenomics.

Bump
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-04-15, 11:30

Dollar hit its highest peak against the Yen since 1990. Strong U.S. economy firmer inflation high treasury yields.

Biden has out paced the world since inheriting Trumps mess. History books will score it, the knuckle draggers will ignore it because they prefer someone who hates women and brown people.

And the democrats with all their money can’t figure out a way to get the message out.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-05-03, 08:54

Job numbers today lower than expected & and UE bumps up to 3.9%.

Expect MSM to tell us Biden is doomed.

https://apnews.com/article/jobs-hiring-unemployment-economy-inflation-federal-reserve-07a321981752503e5299882805ed36c9

Bump
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-05-03, 09:03

Trapper Gus wrote:Job numbers today lower than expected & and UE bumps up to 3.9%.

https://apnews.com/article/jobs-hiring-unemployment-economy-inflation-federal-reserve-07a321981752503e5299882805ed36c9

Bump
the mainstream media, Russia and republican/libertarians will have a field day cheering against America.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2024-05-03, 09:53

Trapper Gus wrote:Job numbers today lower than expected & and UE bumps up to 3.9%.

Bump

The term "Bidenomics" will be weaponized against him. Dumb dumb dumb.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-05-03, 10:08

TravelinMan wrote:

Bump

The term "Bidenomics" will be weaponized against him. Dumb dumb dumb.
dude, republicans/libertarians and the mainstream media weaponize his dead son against him.

so of course him bringing back the economy from the edge of despair will be weaponized against him.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2024-05-03, 10:36

Unemployment is up.

That means the economy is slowing down.

Because of all of that bad news, the Fed might lower rates.

In anticipation of that, the market is going wild this morning.

There are times when I guess I can't entirely fault the average American for not understanding the stock market.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2024-05-03, 10:43

TravelinMan wrote:Unemployment is up.

There are times when I guess I can't entirely fault the average American for not understanding the stock market.
Pretty sure the average 'merican isn't the force affecting the stock market.

top 10% income own 93% of the market
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2024-05-03, 11:16

AvgMSUJoe wrote:

Pretty sure the average 'merican isn't the force affecting the stock market.

Yes, but I really dislike that kind of statistic. Sure, Musk owns a bunch of Tesla stock. And Bezos owns a bunch of Amazon stock. But the average American is still invested in the market, even if only through a 401K, a Roth IRA, or something like that. Actual ownership percentages mean very little. Americans still need to invest to have any hope of a future.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-05-03, 11:27

Interpretation of the UE number is murkyer than that, was it because more people joined the work for force?

Really need to dig through these numbers to say anything of sense,TM

https://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.nr0.htm
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2024-05-03, 13:04

Trapper Gus wrote:

Interpretation of the UE number is murkyer than that, was it because more people joined the work for force?

The article I read laid it out exactly as I described. Pre-market jumped bigly because the market really wants the Fed to lower rates. Fed won't lower rates at the moment because they believe the economy is still a bit overheated. Rising UE and fewer new jobs might be a sign the economy is cooling.

Didn't really have anything to do with Bidenomics, Trump, or the election in any way. (Unless, of course, you're a true believer Libertarian and want to abolish the Fed altogether! /s)
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-05-03, 13:14

TravelinMan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

The article I read laid it out exactly as I described. Pre-market jumped bigly because the market really wants the Fed to lower rates. Fed won't lower rates at the moment because they believe the economy is still a bit overheated. Rising UE and fewer new jobs might be a sign the economy is cooling.

Didn't really have anything to do with Bidenomics, Trump, or the election in any way. (Unless, of course, you're a true believer Libertarian and want to abolish the Fed altogether! /s)

I hate to believe that the Fed is making choices on monthly transients. My belief is that they know what they want to do, they just want the news to match their plan.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2024-05-03, 14:04

Trapper Gus wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

I hate to believe that the Fed is making choices on monthly transients. My belief is that they know what they want to do, they just want the news to match their plan.

Your faith in the Fed is far greater than mine.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Zurn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurn 2024-05-03, 14:51

AvgMSUJoe wrote:

I believe your statement applies to "wealth" not "income". You're in the top 10% of wealth if you have about $800,000 in net worth.
Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-05-03, 19:48

TravelinMan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

I hate to believe that the Fed is making choices on monthly transients.  My belief is that they know what they want to do, they just want the news to match their plan.

Pretty sure I expressed no faith in anything in my post but most people are too dumb to actual read what others post and comment intelligently.

Last edited by Trapper Gus on 2024-05-03, 19:48; edited 1 time in total
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-05-03, 19:48

Wow!

I didn't realize how little it takes.

Bow down to me, peons!

Bump when these numbers move - Page 19 1811933421
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2024-05-03, 22:51

Trapper Gus wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

Pretty sure I expressed no faith in anything in my post but most people are too dumb to actual read what others post and comment intelligently.

You’re all crabby again. Go fuck yourself.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2024-05-03, 23:18

Getting testy Mr. Go Fuck Yourself?

Skipped the Just Kidding shit this time.

Most Americans can’t grasp the fact their wage increases have outpaced inflation and there are still more jobs than people.

Only in America can people who’ve seen their wages increase piss and moan that their fast food fix price has increased. They think fast food workers should still be making $7.50 / hr while their wages have increased.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2024-05-03, 23:22

Just shut up and take it, everything is fine!

Tone deaf as fuck.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-05-04, 07:34

The economy has been booming during the Biden administration, so there is that.  Sure prices are up, however they would be higher still if Biden hadn't taken some actions to bring supply chains back in line with economic throughput.

Considering that two of the major oil producing regions on the globe are involved in shooting wars and that Reagan et al set up the US corporations to have much much power to price gouge inflation has become relatively under control after raging for 18 months.

The stock markets, the main topic of this thread, had a good couple of days at the end of this week.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2024-05-04, 07:50

Trapper Gus wrote:The economy has been booming during the Biden administration, so there is that.  Sure prices are up, however they would be higher still if Biden hadn't taken some actions to bring supply chains back in line with economic throughput.

Considering that two of the major oil producing regions on the globe are involved in shooting wars and that Reagan et al set up the US corporations to have much much power to price gouge inflation has become relatively under control after raging for 18 months.

The stock markets, the main topic of this thread, had a good couple of days at the end of this week.

I wonder why nothing has been done to change that in 40 years?  Couldn’t be that one side knows there are people out there who are shills for lip service….. and that one side really doesn’t give a shit about changing what Reagan did.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

TravelinMan and Cameron like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-05-04, 08:19

kingstonlake wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:The economy has been booming during the Biden administration, so there is that.  Sure prices are up, however they would be higher still if Biden hadn't taken some actions to bring supply chains back in line with economic throughput.

I wonder why nothing has been done to change that in 40 years?  Couldn’t be that one side knows there are people out there who are shills for lip service….. and that one side really doesn’t give a shit about changing what Reagan did.

The belief in Kaynesian economics has been fought, politically & academically since he first proposed it, and starting in 1948, when the laws regarding unionization were weakened over President Truman's veto, the battle against a strong middle class focused economy has been lost struggle by struggle.

The Democratics became convinced by Reagan's political success that the only way they could win elections was by embracing neo-liberal ideas including the ideas of having as much of the economy as possible run by private companies. There is still a major part of the population who believe Reagan's lie about everything the government does is not just bad but evil.

So yes, for a long time both parties were handing all control of the economy to the wealthy, with huge tax cuts for capital formation, partly because those were the policy positions which won elections.

It has only been since the 2008 crash that some of the population has woke to discover that over the last 60 years the policies they were voting for turned out to be not good for their well being. Trump rode that anger to the White House in 2016, and then promptly dumped what he promised to do, or didn't know how, and cut taxes for the wrong economic class again, just like every Republican since Reagan. He is trying to ride the same anger, plus anger at some other things, back to the White House in 2024.

Joe Biden's administration is the first administration since FDR's to embrace what is called "the demand side" of the economy as the central part of the economy to feed in order to build a strong economy, with spectacular success.

Unfortunately, unless people are very wonky in how they follow what the government has been doing they are unaware of this. Also, sadly, the corporations price gouged which caused most of the inflation, and, as Bob tells us, people are stupid, and thus blame the current President for all the sins of past Presidents.

I'm sure it is frustrating to Biden to have done everything he could do right and yet to be blamed for Reagan et al's economic policy mistakes.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurn 2024-05-04, 08:58

Trapper Gus wrote:

Is it really "dumb" to sign in here and find 25 more Trapper Gus posts and decide your life would be better not to read most of them?
Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurn 2024-05-04, 08:59

Trapper Gus wrote:

The belief in Kaynesian economics has been fought, politically & academically since he first proposed it, and starting in 1948, when the laws regarding unionization were weakened over President Truman's veto, the battle against a strong middle class focused economy has been lost struggle by struggle.

The Democratics became convinced by Reagan's political success that the only way they could win elections was by embracing neo-liberal ideas including the ideas of having as much of the economy as possible run by private companies. There is still a major part of the population who believe Reagan's lie about everything the government does is not just bad but evil.

So yes, for a long time both parties were handing all control of the economy to the wealthy, with huge tax cuts for capital formation, partly because those were the policy positions which won elections.

It has only been since the 2008 crash that some of the population has woke to discover that over the last 60 years the policies they were voting for turned out to be not good for their well being. Trump rode that anger to the White House in 2016, and then promptly dumped what he promised to do, or didn't know how, and cut taxes for the wrong economic class again, just like every Republican since Reagan. He is trying to ride the same anger, plus anger at some other things, back to the White House in 2024.

Joe Biden's administration is the first administration since FDR's to embrace what is called "the demand side" of the economy as the central part of the economy to feed in order to build a strong economy, with spectacular success.

Unfortunately, unless people are very wonky in how they follow what the government has been doing they are unaware of this. Also, sadly, the corporations price gouged which caused most of the inflation, and, as Bob tells us, people are stupid, and thus blame the current President for all the sins of past Presidents.

I'm sure it is frustrating to Biden to have done everything he could do right and yet to be blamed for Reagan et al's economic policy mistakes.

In fact, I think it was smart not to read this.
Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-05-04, 08:59

Zurn wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Is it really "dumb" to sign in here and find 25 more Trapper Gus posts and decide your life would be better not to read most of  them?  

Case in point.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-05-04, 09:03

Zurn wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

In fact, I think it was smart not to read this.

Hold onto your ignorance, it could be your only defining characteristic.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

sεяεηιτλ likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurn 2024-05-04, 09:03

GRR Spartan wrote:

Most Americans can’t grasp the fact their wage increases have outpaced inflation

This is simply not true. Since Biden took office prices have outpaced wage increases.

But feel free to continue your profane and angry old man ranting.
Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

TravelinMan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-05-04, 09:05

Zurn wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:

Most Americans can’t grasp the fact their wage increases have outpaced inflation

This is simply not true. Since Biden took office prices have outpaced wage increases.

But feel free to continue your profane and angry old man ranting.

For the lower 80% of wage earners it is true, which is why GRR said "most" not "all".
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2024-05-04, 19:23

“Zurn” aka RQA the troll assigned to The Swill always is looking out for the wealthiest 10%.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurn 2024-05-05, 09:08

GRR Spartan wrote:“Zurn” aka RQA the troll assigned to The Swill always is looking out for the wealthiest 10%.

They pay 76% of all the income taxes and so somebody needs to be looking out for them.
Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-05-05, 09:30

Zurn wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:“Zurn” aka RQA the troll assigned to The Swill always is looking out for the wealthiest 10%.

They pay 76% of all the income taxes and so somebody needs to be looking out for them.

Before you should believe the numbers created for you by wealthy people you better know all the details.

I am finding various numbers from different sources for the number you are posting.

The rich generally pay more of their incomes in taxes than the rest of us.
The top fifth of households got 54% of all income and paid 69% of federal taxes;
the top 1% got 16% of the income and paid 25% of all federal  taxes, according to the CBO.

https://www.brookings.edu/articles/who-are-the-rich-and-how-might-we-tax-them-more/

You say the top 10% pays 70% of taxes.

The CBO says the top 20% pays 69% of taxes.

Those two statements contradict each other, so if you want to be rational you must know how they are calculated.

BTW I don't have any idea what these matters to you.  Wealthy people are the ones who must pay for the country with established the systems that facilitate their incomes.

https://www.brookings.edu/

https://www.cbpp.org/

https://taxfoundation.org/

https://www.irs.gov/statistics/soi-tax-stats-top-400-individual-income-tax-returns-with-the-largest-adjusted-gross-incomes
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-05-05, 14:56

Trapper Gus wrote:
Zurn wrote:

Before you should believe the numbers created for you by wealthy people you better know all the details.

I am finding various numbers from different sources for the number you are posting.

The rich generally pay more of their incomes in taxes than the rest of us.
The top fifth of households got 54% of all income and paid 69% of federal taxes;
the top 1% got 16% of the income and paid 25% of all federal  taxes, according to the CBO.

https://www.brookings.edu/articles/who-are-the-rich-and-how-might-we-tax-them-more/

Those two statements contradict each other, so if you want to be rational you must know how they are calculated.

BTW I don't have any idea what these matters to you.  Wealthy people are the ones who must pay for the country with established the systems that facilitate their incomes.

https://www.irs.gov/statistics/soi-tax-stats-top-400-individual-income-tax-returns-with-the-largest-adjusted-gross-incomes
you're not trying to present facts to someone who doesn't accept jury verdicts, the courts, the US Judicial System and the Constitution, simply because his christian rapist hero convinced him not to, are ya?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

sεяεηιτλ likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-05-05, 16:32

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

you're not trying to present facts to someone who doesn't accept jury verdicts, the courts, the US Judicial System and the Constitution, simply because his christian rapist hero convinced him not to, are ya?

Hope springs eternal...
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Yesterday at 07:58

Bump when these numbers move - Page 19 Scree254
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Yesterday at 09:12

Zurn wrote:

Republicans have handed America’s wealth to the billionaires: where’s the outrage? Economist Gabriel Zucman published an extraordinary op-ed in The New York Times this week showing the impact of 40 years of Republicans transferring over $50 trillion from the pockets of the middle class into the money bins of the morbidly rich via changes in tax policy. Not only has this led to a $34.5 trillion national debt — 100% of which can be accounted for by massive tax cuts on the wealthy and corporations put into place by Ronald Reagan (1981), George W. Bush (2003), and Donald Trump (2017) — but it’s also gutted the middle class, reducing the percentage of Americans who can live comfortably in that realm from almost two-thirds of us in 1980 to around 43% of us today.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurn Yesterday at 09:17

Trapper Gus wrote:

I am finding various numbers from different sources for the number you are posting ...

BTW I don't have any idea what these matters to you.

Of course there are varying numbers for what percentage of taxes the top 10% in income pay. Depends on the year analyzed, what is considered to be taxes (just income tax or social security, etc) and whether tax credits for lower income people are included in the analysis. But the principle remains true no matter the exact number. And that is that the upper 10% in income pay the majority of income taxes.

Why does in matter to me. As an American interested in the well being of my country, tax policy should be towards the top of things that matter to me. And keep in mind to be in the top 10% you only have to have an income of about $170k.
Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Yesterday at 09:21

Zurn wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

I am finding various numbers from different sources for the number  you are posting ...

BTW I don't have any idea what these matters to you.

Of course there are varying numbers for what percentage of taxes the top 10% in income pay.  Depends on the year analyzed, what is considered to be taxes (just income tax or social security, etc) and whether tax credits for lower income people are included in the analysis.   But the principle remains true no matter the exact number.   And that is that the upper 10% in income pay the majority of income taxes.

Why does in matter to me.   As an American interested in the well being of my country, tax policy should be towards the top of things that matter to me.   And keep in mind to be in the top 10% you only have to have an income of about $170k.  

I see, you are one of the "I've got mine from living in a country of 330 million where everyone contributes in some way to the economy that in the engine of my wellbeing and fuck the other 90% who are struggling whose struggles created my wealth" types.

High taxes on the high incomes (incomes include all capital gains in this statement) do two important acts: First, and most important, by limited wealth accumulating, taxes keep the political power struggle more equal between all the people in the country; second, because a market based wage system in inherently unable to pay for the value of a human being's subsistence, income transfers from the haves to the have nots who are also part of the economic machine which keeps the economy working corrects to some extent for the flaws in using market value to determine wages.

Bump when these numbers move - Page 19 Scree257
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurn Yesterday at 10:20

Trapper Gus wrote:

because a market based wage system in inherently unable to pay for the value of a human being's subsistence,

Oh, I forgot you think the guy who mows Tom Izzo's lawn should be paid the same as Tom Izzo.
Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Yesterday at 10:23

Zurn wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

because a market based wage system in inherently unable to pay for the value of a human being's subsistence,

Oh, I forgot you think the guy who mows Tom Izzo's lawn should be paid the same as Tom Izzo.

I have total you that they have the same value as human beings. You seem to equate that to money, which makes you a follower of people like Marx who believe that everything is life is about money.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next