Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coronavirus - The Political Side

+28
TrapperGus
Green money
GRR Spartan
Floyd Robertson
Nordic
Motown Spartan
Dendrobates
msugolfguy
I.B. Fine
Heat Miser
tGreenWay
Other Teams Pursuing That
Jake from State Farm
Travis of the Cosmos
WhiteBoyHatcher
AvgMSUJoe
MiamiSpartan
InTenSity
Rocinante
Watch Out Pylon!
NigelUno
Turtleneck
kingstonlake
DWags
MattyFresh
steveschneider
Robert J Sakimano
Cameron
32 posters

Page 18 of 23 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next

Go down

Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 18 Empty Re: Coronavirus - The Political Side

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon 29 Mar 2021 - 13:52

msugolfguy wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:saw something about Dr. Scarf going on her redemption tour. Rolling Eyes

O yeah. She said she was following military chain of command and couldn't say anything.

Some troops called her out and said if she knew she could protect America lives her oath is to the American people and not one man.
yeah - she and the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator deserve each other.

this is what she said about him:

"[Trump is] so attentive to the scientific literature & the details & the data. I think his ability to analyze & integrate data that comes out of his long history in business has really been a real benefit”

550,000+ dead Americans later..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 18 Empty Re: Coronavirus - The Political Side

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed 7 Apr 2021 - 9:48

[tw]1379775380752633859[/tw]

No
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 7 Apr 2021 - 10:55

Floyd Robertson wrote:[tw]1379775380752633859[/tw]

No
mind-boggling, though not surprising, how stupid people are.

I also got a kick out of how the pollster referred to Republicans as "small government" people. Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 18 502811600 Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 18 502811600

go ahead, pollster and mainstream media.. validate their idiocy. Please, whatever do you, don't go on and explain all of the ways that Republicans are as far from supporters of "small government" as you can be.

watching that garbage explains a lot of how America got to where we are.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 23 Apr 2021 - 8:39

one year ago today was when Dr. Scarf sat silently as the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator suggested injecting disinfectant into Americans to get rid of the virus.

in case you're wondering how we got here..

thank god for human decency and voter turnout in 2020.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri 23 Apr 2021 - 9:10

Robert J Sakimano wrote:one year ago today was when Dr. Scarf sat silently as the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator suggested injecting disinfectant into Americans to get rid of the virus.

in case you're wondering how we got here..

thank god for human decency and voter turnout in 2020.

I don't recall hearing any results from the testing of the disinfectant cleaning or the light inside the body.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed 30 Jun 2021 - 13:53

So Trump didn't want to listen to Azar about coronavirus because his base was pissed off about public health policy banning flavored e-cigs and Trump thought it would cost him reelection. Good thing he didn't think about coronavirus costing him reelection.

Trump said, 'yeah, okay' and hung up the phone when his health secretary warned him about the coronavirus in January 2020, a new book says
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 30 Jun 2021 - 19:19

Floyd Robertson wrote:So Trump didn't want to listen to Azar about coronavirus because his base was pissed off about public health policy banning flavored e-cigs and Trump thought it would cost him reelection. Good thing he didn't think about coronavirus costing him reelection.

Trump said, 'yeah, okay' and hung up the phone when his health secretary warned him about the coronavirus in January 2020, a new book says
America is stupid enough that if the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator even pretended to care about the virus, he would've been reelected.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri 2 Jul 2021 - 9:31

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:So Trump didn't want to listen to Azar about coronavirus because his base was pissed off about public health policy banning flavored e-cigs and Trump thought it would cost him reelection. Good thing he didn't think about coronavirus costing him reelection.

America is stupid enough that if the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator even pretended to care about the virus, he would've been reelected.

Agreed. He picked the wrong side of an issue. It could have saved him.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Fri 16 Jul 2021 - 12:52

[tw]1415270159309287426[/tw]
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri 16 Jul 2021 - 15:21

Yikes!

[tw]1416101191591866376?s=21[/tw]
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sat 17 Jul 2021 - 10:54

Saw a David Frum take 'had the US continued to vaccinate in the summer at the same rate as in the spring, the US would be near herd immunity by now. It took a lot of work by powerful people and institutions to prevent that outcome."

We live in a country where a major political party and major media outlet are pro-pandemic working hard to ensure it continues.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Sat 17 Jul 2021 - 22:52

Herd immunity will never happen Steve. We will be living with this virus for the rest of human history unless we invent some astounding new health tech like Star Trek or something.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue 20 Jul 2021 - 6:56

Rocinante wrote:Herd immunity will never happen Steve. We will be living with this virus for the rest of human history unless we invent some astounding new health tech like Star Trek or something.

You have one party and massive media outlet that is anti-vaccine and looks like Covid is going to be a thing again. What a blown opportunity and I feel bad for our hospital workers. What’s the logic and goal behind this anti vaccine push by the GOP and Fox?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Tue 20 Jul 2021 - 9:15

steveschneider wrote:
Rocinante wrote:Herd immunity will never happen Steve. We will be living with this virus for the rest of human history unless we invent some astounding new health tech like Star Trek or something.

You have one party and massive media outlet that is anti-vaccine and looks like Covid is going to be a thing again. What a blown opportunity and I feel bad for our hospital workers. What’s the logic and goal behind this anti vaccine push by the GOP and Fox?

The logic is two fold.  

The major party donors who almost all are vaccinated as are many of the talking heads who cynically see COVID an opportunity to divide voters on an issue no one saw coming.

They will turn the short term political gains into long term advantage by loading up state /Federal judiciaries and use their legislative gains at the state level to pass laws that may not be repealed for decades after loading the bench with judges they elect and appoint.

The shakers and movers are playing the long game.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue 20 Jul 2021 - 9:31

GRR Spartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

The logic is two fold.  

The major party donors who almost all are vaccinated as are many of the talking heads who cynically see COVID an opportunity to divide voters on an issue no one saw coming.

They will turn the short term political gains into long term advantage by loading up state /Federal judiciaries and use their legislative gains at the state level to pass laws that may not be repealed for decades after loading the bench with judges they elect and appoint.

The shakers and movers are playing the long game.

This is negatively impacting red states and killing off their voters. I don’t disagree with the goals. My guess is there’s a public demand for it and these people are feeding it and profiting. Politicians will surge in polls in their districts and gain funding and Fox will get ratings. This messaging in turn reinforces and feeds the public’s delusional thinking. It’s a vicious cycle.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Tue 20 Jul 2021 - 9:48

I don't know about that... I think it's more direct.

The base republican mantra is, If reasonable people agree on something it must be bad. The string pullers motivation is to keep those fucking idiots voting for me. I believe the rest is dumb luck.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Tue 20 Jul 2021 - 10:02

Wingnuts are bad at math.

Unvaccinated Americans say COVID vaccines are riskier than the virus, even as Delta surges among them

Eat your own dogfood, Tucker?

Fox Rails Against Vaccine Passports, Uses Vaccine Passports
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue 20 Jul 2021 - 10:26

Heat Miser wrote:Wingnuts are bad at math.

Unvaccinated Americans say COVID vaccines are riskier than the virus, even as Delta surges among them

Eat your own dogfood, Tucker?

Fox Rails Against Vaccine Passports, Uses Vaccine Passports

Two articles that sum up the times we are living in. Complete lunacy.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue 20 Jul 2021 - 10:32

AvgMSUJoe wrote:I don't know about that... I think it's more direct.

The base republican mantra is, If reasonable people agree on something it must be bad. The string pullers motivation is to keep those fucking idiots voting for me. I believe the rest is dumb luck.

My friends hot take on the whole thing is it is 100% for the base.

Most of these people running are in such gerrymandered districts they know if they win the primary they win the general election. Most of them are operating in the short term for personal gain.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 20 Jul 2021 - 13:53

BOURNE, MA — A former Bourne selectwoman who promoted conspiracy theories about the coronavirus as a member of a pro-Trump group on Cape Cod died from complications from COVID-19.

Before her death, Zuern spent months promoting conspiracy theories about the pandemic on her Facebook page. She shared articles accusing the World Health Organization of covering up the "Wuhan Virus" and falsely claiming the pandemic is a cover for "globalists" to create a one world government.

Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 18 502811600

Caution: Mainstream Media Link
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue 20 Jul 2021 - 14:14

Fauci goes on offense.

[tw]1417509847675904011[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 20 Jul 2021 - 14:19

Floyd Robertson wrote:Fauci goes on offense.

[tw]1417509847675904011[/tw]
nice to finally see. We need more of that.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Tue 20 Jul 2021 - 18:12

steveschneider wrote:

I think it is, simply, political for 2022 and 2024. If everyone gets vaccinated, the pandemic is crushed. Thays great, right? Not when you're a Seditionist (it isn't fair to lump rational Rs in with them) and the pandemic gets crushed under Biden, after it was so horrible under Trump. They need to be able to say that it was still horrible under Biden. They can't have Biden get a win on the biggest fight the world has faced in decades.

And Trump's ego can't take that either, and we know that everything the Seditionists and their propaganda arms say and do derives from Trump.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Tue 20 Jul 2021 - 19:01

MiamiSpartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I think it is, simply, political for 2022 and 2024. If everyone gets vaccinated, the pandemic is crushed. Thays great, right? Not when you're a Seditionist (it isn't fair to lump rational Rs in with them) and the pandemic gets crushed under Biden, after it was so horrible under Trump. They need to be able to say that it was still horrible under Biden. They can't have Biden get a win on the biggest fight the world has faced in decades.

And Trump's ego can't take that either, and we know that everything the Seditionists and their propaganda arms say and do derives from Trump.

That's the problem now. Politicians are no longer a voice for the people, they're a voice for the party and will do anything to make sure the party stays in power.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Rick Saunders likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 20 Jul 2021 - 19:22

MiamiSpartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

so.. the mainstream media is the issue.

Could've sworn I heard that somewhere.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Tue 20 Jul 2021 - 19:42

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

so.. the mainstream media is the issue.

Fox, OAN, and Newsmax are not mainstream by any stretch of the imagination.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 20 Jul 2021 - 19:51

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: so.. the mainstream media is the issue.

35-40% of the American population gets their "news" from them.

I'm a total idiot and I can barely tie my own shoes, but that seems fairly 'mainstream' to me.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Tue 20 Jul 2021 - 21:38

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

I'm a total idiot and I can barely tie my own shoes, but that seems fairly 'mainstream' to me.

As opposed to the other 60-65%?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 21 Jul 2021 - 8:48

MiamiSpartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I read your post and even after all these years it is still really hard for me to accept how much power Donald Trump has. I still can’t believe the amount of people that are willing to line up behind this idiot and do so much damage.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 21 Jul 2021 - 9:45

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

correct... and they're equally as misinformed.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 21 Jul 2021 - 9:56

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

correct... and they're equally as misinformed.

I don't know what the threshold is for a network to be considered 'mainstream' but there's no question Fox News has thumb prints all over this latest surge of the virus.

Jay Rosen NYU prof notes that Fox isn't even moving further to the right they are moving further from the real. Crazy times we are living through.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Wed 21 Jul 2021 - 12:26

Paging Mr. Darwin.

COVID patient in Louisiana says he'd opt for hospitalization again over vaccine
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 21 Jul 2021 - 12:27

https://www.rawstory.com/marjorie-taylor-greene-anthony-fauci/

Completely unhinged and evil.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 21 Jul 2021 - 16:44

[tw]1417837412915499014?s=21[/tw]

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 21 Jul 2021 - 16:46

And….

[tw]1417834205527035906?s=21[/tw]
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 21 Jul 2021 - 20:08

I'm starting to think that the right really isn't "pro-life"...
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Thu 22 Jul 2021 - 12:45

Officials In This Michigan County Used Virus Money For Bonuses

What's that you say, republican politicians from Shiawassee county using Federal Covid relief money to give themselves "hazard" pay? No one would believe that.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Thu 22 Jul 2021 - 15:25

Floyd Robertson wrote: Officials In This Michigan County Used Virus Money For Bonuses

What's that you say, republican politicians from Shiawassee county using Federal Covid relief money to give themselves "hazard" pay? No one would believe that.
Good republicans.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Thu 22 Jul 2021 - 15:40

Floyd Robertson wrote: Officials In This Michigan County Used Virus Money For Bonuses

The unemployed were already getting an extra $300. Why waste it on them?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu 22 Jul 2021 - 19:45

Florida just reported over 12,000 cases today. Yikes.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 23 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next