Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steve (others) I have a challenge for you

+13
CORNER BLITZ
Jake from State Farm
Cameron
tGreenWay
Other Teams Pursuing That
MiamiSpartan
DWags
steveschneider
WhiteBoyHatcher
Watch Out Pylon!
Robert J Sakimano
The Pantry
Nordic
17 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Steve (others) I have a challenge for you Empty Steve (others) I have a challenge for you

Post by Nordic 2020-09-11, 08:10

For one week don't read, watch or click anything news related. This includes news sites, newspapers, local news, cable news, tBin, twitter, facebook, ESPN, etc. Watch some games, take a walk, knock out some pushups, hang with the fam, get some chowda, etc.

I'm worried about your mental health buddy. If an asteroid is heading for the East coast we'll let you know here at tSwill main HQ.

Who's in? 

Steve (others) I have a challenge for you 1362440668
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

CORNER BLITZ likes this post

Back to top Go down

Steve (others) I have a challenge for you Empty Re: Steve (others) I have a challenge for you

Post by The Pantry 2020-09-11, 08:13

I really want to hear more of Steve's thoughts on salt
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Steve (others) I have a challenge for you Empty Re: Steve (others) I have a challenge for you

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-09-11, 08:22

Nordic wrote:For one week don't read, watch or click anything news related. This includes news sites, newspapers, local news, cable news, tBin, twitter, facebook, ESPN, etc. Watch some games, take a walk, knock out some pushups, hang with the fam, get some chowda, etc.

I'm worried about your mental health buddy. If an asteroid is heading for the East coast we'll let you know here at tSwill main HQ.

Who's in? 

yep - stay away from all that filth. You'll be amazed at how your outlook will change.

work your body, your mind. Read, listen to music. Engage with positivity. Steve (others) I have a challenge for you 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-09-11, 08:24

Steve (others) I have a challenge for you Giphy
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-09-11, 08:25

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Nordic wrote:For one week don't read, watch or click anything news related. This includes news sites, newspapers, local news, cable news, tBin, twitter, facebook, ESPN, etc. Watch some games, take a walk, knock out some pushups, hang with the fam, get some chowda, etc.

Who's in? 

yep - stay away from all that filth. You'll be amazed at how your outlook will change.

work your body, your mind. Read, listen to music. Engage with positivity. Steve (others) I have a challenge for you 969504605

Steve (others) I have a challenge for you ImmediatePoisedAiredaleterrier-small
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-09-11, 08:32

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Steve (others) I have a challenge for you Giphy

Steve (others) I have a challenge for you 3493939353
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-09-11, 08:43

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Steve (others) I have a challenge for you ImmediatePoisedAiredaleterrier-small
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-09-11, 08:44

I have a friend who wouldn't know if a meteor took out the Eastern hemisphere. Girbaud and I were in a group text with him 2-3 days after George Floyd and he had no idea what we were talking about. I don't know if I envy or shake my head at someone like that. It's kind of a mix of both.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-09-11, 08:51

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I have a friend who wouldn't know if a meteor took out the Eastern hemisphere. Girbaud and I were in a group text with him 2-3 days after George Floyd and he had no idea what we were talking about. I don't know if I envy or shake my head at someone like that. It's kind of a mix of both.

I'm not quite that bad, but close. Half the time I peak in tBin I have no idea what you weirdos are getting all fired up about.

You in Hatch?
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-09-11, 08:55

Steve (others) I have a challenge for you 1966794946 I've already run four miles this morning feeling great. BTW, was this sparked by 'meat head of the day' feature? I'll cut it if necessary.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-09-11, 08:57

Fuck it. See you guys in a week.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-09-11, 08:59

DWags wrote:Fuck it. See you guys in a week.

In: Pylon, Dwags & Nordic
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-09-11, 09:00

steveschneider wrote: Steve (others) I have a challenge for you 1966794946 I've already run four miles this morning feeling great. BTW, was this sparked by 'meat head of the day' feature? I'll cut it if necessary.

It is about your overall posting habits of the last several months. It is not healthy. I'm worried about you.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-09-11, 09:01

Nordic wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I have a friend who wouldn't know if a meteor took out the Eastern hemisphere. Girbaud and I were in a group text with him 2-3 days after George Floyd and he had no idea what we were talking about. I don't know if I envy or shake my head at someone like that. It's kind of a mix of both.

I'm not quite that bad, but close. Half the time I peak in tBin I have no idea what you weirdos are getting all fired up about.

You in Hatch?

I honestly don't think I can do it. I'm just online too much. I can't stare at a MS Teams lobby and/or PPT for 6 hours a day. I need to click around on my personal laptop. I could do it during non work hours.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-09-11, 09:08

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
Nordic wrote:

You in Hatch?

I honestly don't think I can do it. I'm just online too much. I can't stare at a MS Teams lobby and/or PPT for 6 hours a day. I need to click around on my personal laptop. I could do it during non work hours.

I don't think I could either. I will easily stay off twitter and fb for a week though. I'll do that much.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-09-11, 09:14

The Pantry wrote:I really want to hear more of Steve's thoughts on salt

There's not much to it. I saw a bag of Kettle potato chips in our vacation house that had pink himalayan salt and I thought wow that's fancy. So I tried some and I was like huh that's a cheap marketing gimmick to make a few extra bucks. I'm convinced in a blindfold taste test I couldn't tell the difference between pink or white salt.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-09-11, 09:24

Nordic wrote:
steveschneider wrote: Steve (others) I have a challenge for you 1966794946 I've already run four miles this morning feeling great. BTW, was this sparked by 'meat head of the day' feature? I'll cut it if necessary.

It is about your overall posting habits of the last several months. It is not healthy. I'm worried about you.

I'll be honest. I'm already pretty close to not paying attention already, The clown show going on right now is too much. Basically I'll check in on tBin for shenanigans every once in a while and throw out a stupid comment here and there. That's about it.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-09-11, 09:33

Normally I could do it, and often have. But I'm more engaged in current events now than probably ever, because I'm fascinated watching history unfold before my eyes. And not just any history, but major, transformative events for this country, like has only happened a handful of times in the last 250 years.

But fret not, the news doesn't bring me down or take a toll on my mental health.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-09-11, 09:38

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Nordic wrote:This includes news sites, newspapers, local news, cable news, tBin, twitter, facebook, ESPN, etc.
yep - stay away from all that filth.

lol, wut?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-09-11, 09:50

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

lol, wut?
yep.. ran 6 miles this morning, eating a bowl of fresh blueberries.. watching the Tour... the sun is out in ghettos of East Lansing but, thankfully, it's cool and there is a bit of a breeze.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-09-11, 09:58

MiamiSpartan wrote:Normally I could do it, and often have. But I'm more engaged in current events now than probably ever, because I'm fascinated watching history unfold before my eyes. And not just any history, but major, transformative events for this country, like has only happened a handful of times in the last 250 years.

But fret not, the news doesn't bring me down or take a toll on my mental health.

Yeah, I mean there's this the shit we are living through right now is a bfd. Also, maybe it's others on here that drive me up into a frenzy but I assure everyone here I have my down time, my fun and I relax often.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-09-11, 10:00

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

lol, wut?
yep.. ran 6 miles this morning, eating a bowl of fresh blueberries.. watching the Tour... the sun is out in ghettos of East Lansing but, thankfully, it's cool and there is a bit of a breeze.

I'm back into running. Have done 4 every day. Still active outside of that with tennis and walking with the golf bag. I'm looking great in my shorts again. Also, we have amazing trails out here and I'm going to make it an event every weekend to go out to one of our fine local trails and do a nice 7-8 mile run taking in the scenery and wild life.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-09-11, 10:06

Steve are you an alien? be honest.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-09-11, 10:18

steveschneider wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I'm back into running. Have done 4 every day. Still active outside of that with tennis and walking with the golf bag. I'm looking great in my shorts again. Also, we have amazing trails out here and I'm going to make it an event every weekend to go out to one of our fine local trails and do a nice 7-8 mile run taking in the scenery and wild life.
yep - been a runner for 35+ years.. I prefer running but I spend probably more time in the late spring/summer/early fall on my bike. In these months, I run maybe 2-3 days/week. I prefer winter running.

but, yes, I love being on the trails. Mid-Michigan actually has some pretty good trails. The thing that wears on me right now, this time of year, is that it's not overly light out until around 7:15-7:20. I'm an early morning guy - and I'll run in the dark on the roads, but on the trails it's a good way to get hurt (roots, rocks, etc).

glad you're back into running and, more importantly, that you look great in shorts.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2020-09-11, 10:24

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

lol, wut?

Steve (others) I have a challenge for you 1494614055
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-09-11, 10:42

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

yep - been a runner for 35+ years.. I prefer running but I spend probably more time in the late spring/summer/early fall on my bike. In these months, I run maybe 2-3 days/week. I prefer winter running.

but, yes, I love being on the trails. Mid-Michigan actually has some pretty good trails. The thing that wears on me right now, this time of year, is that it's not overly light out until around 7:15-7:20. I'm an early morning guy - and I'll run in the dark on the roads, but on the trails it's a good way to get hurt (roots, rocks, etc).

glad you're back into running and, more importantly, that you look great in shorts.

I tripped and fell the other week on a sidewalk actually, part of it was raised and I caught the edge. Fucking hurt and the first hard fall I've ever experienced in my jogging career. I've fallen before in the winter but it usually isn't that bad. When I live in EL I used to run from campus to the river trail all the way to the fish ladder and back. Probably going at about 6:30 miles. Those days are way behind me.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-09-11, 10:49

steveschneider wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: yep - been a runner for 35+ years.. I prefer running but I spend probably more time in the late spring/summer/early fall on my bike. In these months, I run maybe 2-3 days/week. I prefer winter running.

I tripped and fell the other week on a sidewalk actually, part of it was raised and I caught the edge. Fucking hurt and the first hard fall I've ever experienced in my jogging career. I've fallen before in the winter but it usually isn't that bad. When I live in EL I used to run from campus to the river trail all the way to the fish ladder and back. Probably going at about 6:30 miles. Those days are way behind me.
yeah, gotta be careful out there.

back in my heavy duty running days, I'd run from EL, down Kalamazoo, connect with the River Trail and run the same route you mentioned.. past the Fish Ladder and up to Old Town. I'd also run out around Lake Lansing and back. Those were the marathon days.

nowadays I generally run for time. Nothing at all fast - as I tell friends, I'm just trying to maintain my healthy, emotional space and stay comfortably within a 32 inch waist. Steve (others) I have a challenge for you 502811600

I used to get all into mapping distance, elevation, pace, heart rates. Once I kind of let that go, I felt more comfortable with just going out and running. Of course, it coincided with when I started slowing down because of age, etc - so that, of course, played a role in this newfound enlightenment. It's easier to gather some sort of beard-stroking circumspect when you're a bit past your peak.

Keep it up, my dude!
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-09-11, 10:50

steveschneider wrote:
The Pantry wrote:I really want to hear more of Steve's thoughts on salt

There's not much to it. I saw a bag of Kettle potato chips in our vacation house that had pink himalayan salt and I thought wow that's fancy. So I tried some and I was like huh that's a cheap marketing gimmick to make a few extra bucks. I'm convinced in a blindfold taste test I couldn't tell the difference between pink or white salt.

I thought you weren't fooled by commercials Steve (others) I have a challenge for you 2599972566
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-09-11, 10:52

steveschneider wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

I don't think I could either. I will easily stay off twitter and fb for a week though. I'll do that much.

Ummmm...guys that is the point. This is an intervention. As a friend, I'm trying to help.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-09-11, 10:52

MiamiSpartan wrote:Normally I could do it, and often have. But I'm more engaged in current events now than probably ever, because I'm fascinated watching history unfold before my eyes. And not just any history, but major, transformative events for this country, like has only happened a handful of times in the last 250 years.

Pretty sure you won't miss much in one week.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-09-11, 10:53

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

lol, wut?

You are a great American Bob
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-09-11, 10:56

Case in point. I'm on a call right now with a guy discussing Data Dog and Kubernetes. If I weren't looking at this board I might kill myself.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-09-11, 10:58

Hell, no. This is right in my wheelhouse. Fifty-three days until the general and shit is getting good. But I’ll make you a deal: I’ll give you two weeks after 11/3, even more if the current guy is re-elected.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-09-11, 11:09

Nordic wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: yep.. ran 6 miles this morning, eating a bowl of fresh blueberries.. watching the Tour... the sun is out in ghettos of East Lansing but, thankfully, it's cool and there is a bit of a breeze.

You are a great American Bob
thank you, good Sir. Right back at ya.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-09-11, 11:54

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Case in point. I'm on a call right now with a guy discussing Data Dog and Kubernetes. If I weren't looking at this board I might kill myself.

news sites, newspapers, local news, cable news, tBin, twitter, facebook, ESPN, etc... If an asteroid is heading for the East coast we'll let you know here at tSwill main HQ.

Steve (others) I have a challenge for you 2599972566

This board is not included
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-09-11, 12:18

tGreenWay wrote:Hell, no. This is right in my wheelhouse. Fifty-three days until the general and shit is getting good. But I’ll make you a deal: I’ll give you two weeks after 11/3, even more if the current guy is re-elected.

Well I know you have no.will power, so I wasn't gonna ask you  Steve (others) I have a challenge for you 2809484752
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-09-11, 12:42

I'm gearing up to do sober October this year (and by that I mean I'm drinking a ton this month), maybe I'll throw a news blackout in the mix for the first week of October as well.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2020-09-11, 12:44

I dumped facebook about 5 or 6 weeks ago and don't miss it. Supposedly they delete all your info after 30 days but there's no way to find out unless you log back in, which I suppose would start the whole 30 day thing all over again. Somehow I doubt that it's really ever deleted. It's too much fun watching Trump get made a fool of on a daily basis to stay away from the news.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-09-11, 12:52

Jake from State Farm wrote:I dumped facebook about 5 or 6 weeks ago and don't miss it. Supposedly they delete all your info after 30 days but there's no way to find out unless you log back in, which I suppose would start the whole 30 day thing all over again. Somehow I doubt that it's really ever deleted. It's too much fun watching Trump get made a fool of on a daily basis to stay away from the news.

I barely go on there. I was drawn back into that dump of a site at the start of the shutdown and find without any effort I rarely go there. Prior to the shut down I'd gone months without looking at it. Maybe once a week check in these days. It's an awful site and probably just going to move to completely delete it once and for all. I guess the only value I find in it is I can check on my relatives on there.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2020-09-11, 13:04

Jake from State Farm wrote:It's too much fun watching Trump get made a fool of on a daily basis to stay away from the news.

That's called an echo chamber, not the news
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next