Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coronavirus?? We gone?

+35
RQA
borrachone
Rick Saunders
CORNER BLITZ
y2kMgrad
NigelUno
kingstonlake
MattyFresh
gomersbro
Motown Spartan
Other Teams Pursuing That
steveschneider
MSU addict
Watch Out Pylon!
Travis of the Cosmos
Cameron
Heat Miser
aualum06
pulling69
The Pantry
Dendrobates
Nordic
AvgMSUJoe
Rocinante
Turtleneck
InTenSity
Jake from State Farm
WhiteBoyHatcher
GRR Spartan
MiamiSpartan
DWags
Robert J Sakimano
Floyd Robertson
duffy munn
tGreenWay
39 posters

Page 13 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 25  Next

Go down

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 13 Empty Re: Coronavirus?? We gone?

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-04-13, 08:26

NigelUno wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Maybe it's that the CDC & FDA is screwing this up. It sucks for the six, but halting the use when the incidence is 0.0000882% is not in our best interests. TBF, I don't know where the line is, but one in a million seems pretty far below it to me.

This won't help the Get shots in arms strategy (and/or delaying the 2nd shot to get people the 1st shot).  
Patriot concerned about his well-being: "I ain't gonna get one of them shots. I was watchin' Good Mornin' America.. they ain't no tellin' what's in them shots".

Same patriot concerned about his well-being: "man, have you eat one of them triple bacon burgers from the Mio Nip-n-Sip yet? They're real good.. I'd recommend you order an XL curly-Q french fry with it with a side of Cheez-Wiz to dip 'em into. They cook them fries in bacon grease and it gives 'em this perfect smoky flavor. You can thank me later".
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2021-04-13, 08:32

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

This won't help the Get shots in arms strategy (and/or delaying the 2nd shot to get people the 1st shot).  
Patriot concerned about his well-being: "I ain't gonna get one of them shots. I was watchin' Good Mornin' America.. they ain't no tellin' what's in them shots".

Same patriot concerned about his well-being: "man, have you eat one of them triple bacon burgers from the Mio Nip-n-Sip yet? They're real good.. I'd recommend you order an XL curly-Q french fry with it with a side of Cheez-Wiz to dip 'em into. They cook them fries in bacon grease and it gives 'em this perfect smoky flavor. You can thank me later".
Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 13 UnfortunateBelatedHippopotamus-small
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-04-13, 08:36

Floyd Robertson wrote:
The Pantry wrote:What's so funny, Bob?

Maybe it's that the CDC & FDA is screwing this up. It sucks for the six, but halting the use when the incidence is 0.0000882% is not in our best interests. TBF, I don't know where the line is, but one in a million seems pretty far below it to me.

as I intimated in my previous response to Nigel, the people shocked about how dangerous Johnson & Johnson is are likely participating in multiple events each hour of their daily lives that put themselves at a higher health risk than 'less than one in a million' chance of getting a blood clot.

Side note: I don't really know the business end of things (or much of anything at all, really), but I wouldn't be surprised if Moderna and Pzifer, somehow, wasn't behind the amplification of the {gasp} dangers associated with Johnson & Johnson.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-04-13, 08:36

Cameron wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 13 UnfortunateBelatedHippopotamus-small
Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 13 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2021-04-13, 08:42

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

as I intimated in my previous response to Nigel, the people shocked about how dangerous Johnson & Johnson is are likely participating in multiple events each hour of their daily lives that put themselves at a higher health risk than 'less than one in a million' chance of getting a blood clot.

Side note: I don't really know the business end of things (or much of anything at all, really), but I wouldn't be surprised if Moderna and Pzifer, somehow, wasn't behind the amplification of the {gasp} dangers associated with Johnson & Johnson.

They probably also think they also have a really good shot at winning that 1 in 600,000,000 lottery prize
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-04-13, 08:53

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

There's a little money to be made in the vaccine business. Gonna need a PR campaign to get J&J ramped up again.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2021-04-13, 08:59

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:[tw]1381930336355983361[/tw]

The FDA and CDC have announced that they are calling for an immediate pause on the use of the single-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine on Tuesday after discovering six cases in the United States of a rare and severe type of blood clot that developed about two weeks after the vaccine was administered in these patients.

More than 6.8 million doses of the vaccine have already been administered in the United States.

I understand what you guys are saying - but if the blood clots are not showing up until around 2 weeks after the shot was administered it could be a problem.  They did not begin administering the J&J vaccine until March (it received it's emergency authorization on February 27) so potentially there could be many more cases yet to come.  Also there is a lag in reporting side effects and knowing what to look for. 

I do believe the benefit far outweighs the risk right now but a pause needs to be considered for a couple of weeks until you have data on the millions of doses that have been administered and you can make a more accurate risk assessment.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-04-13, 08:59

Jake from State Farm wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:as I intimated in my previous response to Nigel, the people shocked about how dangerous Johnson & Johnson is are likely participating in multiple events each hour of their daily lives that put themselves at a higher health risk than 'less than one in a million' chance of getting a blood clot.

They probably also think they also have a really good shot at winning that 1 in 600,000,000 lottery prize
yep.

oh, and for those white-knuckling their remote control, glued to CNN or Good Morning America for the latest (!) on blood clots and the J&J vaccine, you might want to read up on the risk of blood clots from birth control pills.

Certain types of birth control pills increase a woman’s risk of developing a blood clot by two to four times.

Per the Cleveland Clinic
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-04-13, 09:02

MSU addict wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I understand what you guys are saying - but if the blood clots are not showing up until around 2 weeks after the shot was administered it could be a problem.  They did not begin administering the J&J vaccine until March (it received it's emergency authorization on February 27) so potentially there could be many more cases yet to come.  Also there is a lag in reporting side effects and knowing what to look for. 

I do believe the benefit far outweighs the risk right now but a pause needs to be considered for a couple of weeks until you have data on the millions of doses that have been administered and you can make a more accurate risk assessment.
I realize that I'm making light of it to an extent, but I'm not doing that toward the people who are experiencing the blood clots. For those 6 people and, potentially, more, it's very serious.

I'm merely mocking the "BREAKING NEWS" mainstream media alarmists who need clicks from gullible Americans in order to advance their predictable agenda of hysteria.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2021-04-13, 09:09

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
MSU addict wrote:

I realize that I'm making light of it to an extent, but I'm not doing that toward the people who are experiencing the blood clots. For those 6 people and, potentially, more, it's very serious.

I'm merely mocking the "BREAKING NEWS" mainstream media alarmists who need clicks from gullible Americans in order to advance their predictable agenda of hysteria.
Understood about the media but as the CDC and FDA have called for a halt in using the J&J vaccine and 6+ million people have received it -  I would suggest that it is in fact "breaking news."
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-04-13, 09:26

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:as I intimated in my previous response to Nigel, the people shocked about how dangerous Johnson & Johnson is are likely participating in multiple events each hour of their daily lives that put themselves at a higher health risk than 'less than one in a million' chance of getting a blood clot.

There's a little money to be made in the vaccine business. Gonna need a PR campaign to get J&J ramped up again.
yeah, I've heard there are a few dollars involved.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-04-13, 09:29

MSU addict wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Understood about the media but as the CDC and FDA have called for a halt in using the J&J vaccine and 6+ million people have received it -  I would suggest that it is in fact "breaking news."
meh.. I'm about to go out on a bike ride. I have a significantly better chance of getting hit by a car before 11:00 AM this morning than someone who got J&J does in developing a blood clot.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2021-04-13, 09:48

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
MSU addict wrote:
meh.. I'm about to go out on a bike ride. I have a significantly better chance of getting hit by a car before 11:00 AM this morning than someone who got J&J does in developing a blood clot.

Be careful out there Bob: East Lansing police looking for SUV that hit bicyclist and left the scene
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2021-04-13, 09:51

The same people using the 1 in a million excuse to not get a vaccine cuz they're scurred are the same ones who say 99% of people who get Covid recover so I'm not scurred.

It's new math.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Dendrobates likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-04-13, 09:53

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
MSU addict wrote:

If the CDC halted bike riding, that would be news, too.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-04-13, 09:58

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

To be fair, thay sounds really fucking good.

I'll put that on my "things to enjoy if I ever get diagnosed with a terminal disease" list.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-04-13, 11:14

Robert J Sakimano wrote:meh.. I'm about to go out on a bike ride. I have a significantly better chance of getting hit by a car before 11:00 AM this morning than someone who got J&J does in developing a blood clot.

Be careful out there Bob: East Lansing police looking for SUV that hit bicyclist and left the scene
yikes. Thanks, man.

I'm always pretty careful - you can never underestimate the idiots out there behind the wheel. I just whizzed down Burcham, out around Lake Lansing and back.. nice morning. I used to do more way out on the narrow two lane roads toward, say, Laingsburg, etc. Heck to the no nowadays.

a) the older I get I realize/appreciate how fragile life is.
b) lots of idiots in cars.
c) lots of idiots in cars screwing around on their phone.

These days I either stay mainly on various low traffic roads around EL (such as Burcham), hit the various interconnected trails, around Lake Lansing and back. The serenity of the country two lane roads aren't worth it.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-04-13, 11:14

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:meh.. I'm about to go out on a bike ride. I have a significantly better chance of getting hit by a car before 11:00 AM this morning than someone who got J&J does in developing a blood clot.

If the CDC halted bike riding, that would be news, too.
exactly.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-04-13, 11:15

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

To be fair, thay sounds really fucking good.

I'll put that on my "things to enjoy if I ever get diagnosed with a terminal disease" list.
I'm sure there is a rockin' chair somewhere in Mio parked in front of a TV that you'd fit nicely into as you enjoyed the latest culinary wizardry from the Nip-n-Sip.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2021-04-13, 11:28

Small aside: Nip-n-Sip could be a pretty good name for a nudie bar...or a "massage parlor".
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

MiamiSpartan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-04-13, 12:03

Heat Miser wrote:Small aside: Nip-n-Sip could be a pretty good name for a nudie bar...or a "massage parlor".
they'd probably need to relocate themselves from the wholesome center of morality that is Mio if they decided to go that route.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2021-04-13, 12:46

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

yikes. Thanks, man.

I'm always pretty careful - you can never underestimate the idiots out there behind the wheel. I just whizzed down Burcham, out around Lake Lansing and back.. nice morning. I used to do more way out on the narrow two lane roads toward, say, Laingsburg, etc. Heck to the no nowadays.

These days I either stay mainly on various low traffic roads around EL (such as Burcham), hit the various interconnected trails, around Lake Lansing and back. The serenity of the country two lane roads aren't worth it.

Pretty much same here. I ride the trails at Sleepy Hollow or occasionally the gravel roads near home and try to avoid main roads whenever possible.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-04-13, 13:07

Robert J Sakimano wrote: yikes. Thanks, man.

Pretty much same here. I ride the trails at Sleepy Hollow or occasionally the gravel roads near home and try to avoid main roads whenever possible.
nice.

I haven't ridden at Sleepy Hollow in a while. I do a lot of winter hiking out there.

parts of the Sleepy Hollow trails I like a lot. There is that one section on the south side of Price Road that is like a deep V.. almost straight down and then right back straight up. That can be tricky if you're not in the right gear.

on the north side of Price, I do like the long(ish) stretch between the ranger station, going north, then around, down the little hill where they've done some work on the wooden bridge. Not sure if I'm describing it right.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2021-04-13, 13:26

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

nice.

I haven't ridden at Sleepy Hollow in a while. I do a lot of winter hiking out there.

parts of the Sleepy Hollow trails I like a lot. There is that one section on the south side of Price Road that is like a deep V.. almost straight down and then right back straight up. That can be tricky if you're not in the right gear.

on the north side of Price, I do like the long(ish) stretch between the ranger station, going north, then around, down the little hill where they've done some work on the wooden bridge. Not sure if I'm describing it right.

Haha, I've had to get off and push the bike a couple of times there. Yes, the area at the northeast corner of the park is good too. Once you go across the bridge the trail tees off to the right after about a 1/4 of a mile and there's a nice hill to try and get up, although the ride down the other side is worth it.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-04-13, 14:27

Robert J Sakimano wrote: nice.

Haha, I've had to get off and push the bike a couple of times there. Yes, the area at the northeast corner of the park is good too. Once you go across the bridge the trail tees off to the right after about a 1/4 of a mile and there's a nice hill to try and get up, although the ride down the other side is worth it.
yep - I know that exact stretch. Very nice through there. Going out, across that bridge and where you branch off to the right, it seems like the hill is less steep and, you're right, you can zip down that other side pretty quickly. Coming back up is tricky. There is a false flat, it plateaus, then there is one more incline.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-04-13, 15:37

I think we found Herbie.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2021-04-13, 15:39

Done with the first shot.Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 13 20210410
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay, Dendrobates, AvgMSUJoe and gomersbro like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-04-13, 15:54

InTenSity wrote:Done with the first shot.Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 13 20210410
Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 13 969504605

congrats, dude.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

InTenSity likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-04-13, 17:44

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

yep.

oh, and for those white-knuckling their remote control, glued to CNN or Good Morning America for the latest (!) on blood clots and the J&J vaccine, you might want to read up on the risk of blood clots from birth control pills.

Certain types of birth control pills increase a woman’s risk of developing a blood clot by two to four times.

Per the Cleveland Clinic

I guess I better stop taking birth control pills.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Dendrobates likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2021-04-14, 06:40

Pregnancy in general increases a woman’s chances of developing blood clots. 1 in 1000 women in normal pregnancy and 1 in 250 women in IVF pregnancy. My wife is the 1 in 250 from IVF. She spent a week in the ICU when she was pregnant with our daughter because she developed blood clots in both lungs. Extremely scary time in our lives.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2021-04-14, 08:00

Motown Spartan wrote:Pregnancy in general increases a woman’s chances of developing blood clots. 1 in 1000 women in normal pregnancy and 1 in 250 women in IVF pregnancy. My wife is the 1 in 250 from IVF. She spent a week in the ICU when she was pregnant with our daughter because she developed blood clots in both lungs. Extremely scary time in our lives.

Damn dude that's some scary shit. Glad everything worked out.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Motown Spartan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-04-14, 08:10

Motown Spartan wrote:Pregnancy in general increases a woman’s chances of developing blood clots. 1 in 1000 women in normal pregnancy and 1 in 250 women in IVF pregnancy. My wife is the 1 in 250 from IVF. She spent a week in the ICU when she was pregnant with our daughter because she developed blood clots in both lungs. Extremely scary time in our lives.

That had to be rough. Wow. Does she have any heightened risks going forward?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-04-14, 08:33

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:yep.

Per the Cleveland Clinic

I guess I better stop taking birth control pills.
they never were my thing, but you do what you want, man. Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 13 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-04-14, 08:35

yikes - bet that was a tough time.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2021-04-14, 08:38

DWags wrote:

Yes, absolutely. We can with 100% confidence point to the IVF procedures as the main cause of the clots. There is too much evidence supporting it. However, we also learned that she has a condition know as Factor V Leiden which is a blood clotting disorder. Basically, it almost killed them both but it saved her life moving forward knowing that she has a predisposition to blood clots. We knew right then and there that we would never have anymore children. She was on blood thinners for 5 years after my daughter was born. She has to take a blood thinner and wear compression stockings when we travel by airplane or road trips longer than a few hours. And even with the Covid we knew there was an increased risk of mortality. Fortunately she got the Moderna vaccine but would have taken the J&J if it was offered.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2021-04-14, 08:55

That's scary af Motown. I had a dvt right after my daughter was born 8+ years ago. I had just started my new job, traveled to FL and sat in a conference room for training for 3 days. On the last day I had a pain in my calf. It got worse and worse. I had no idea until after I flew home and started googling. New baby, 3 year old, wife was super post-partum, trying to learn on new job. It was stressful, though not by any means as stressful as I'm sure your situation was.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-04-14, 08:55

Motown Spartan wrote:
DWags wrote:

Yes, absolutely. We can with 100% confidence point to the IVF procedures as the main cause of the clots. There is too much evidence supporting it. However, we also learned that she has a condition know as Factor V Leiden which is a blood clotting disorder. Basically, it almost killed them both but it saved her life moving forward knowing that she has a predisposition to blood clots. We knew right then and there that we would never have anymore children. She was on blood thinners for 5 years after my daughter was born. She has to take a blood thinner and wear compression stockings when we travel by airplane or road trips longer than a few hours. And even with the Covid we knew there was an increased risk of mortality. Fortunately she got the Moderna vaccine but would have taken the J&J if it was offered.

Scary, but cool you’re on top of it. Best to her.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2021-04-16, 12:00

[tw]1383087233893294087[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

InTenSity likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-04-16, 13:20

daughter and I are fully vaccinated. Wife has her 2nd dose in two weeks.

MSU indicated yesterday that 1,500 students have been vaccinated at the MSU clinic alone - who knows how many have received their vaccinations elsewhere.

LFG, people.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, InTenSity, tGreenWay and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2021-04-16, 17:18

Robert J Sakimano wrote:daughter and I are fully vaccinated. Wife has her 2nd dose in two weeks.

MSU indicated yesterday that 1,500 students have been vaccinated at the MSU clinic alone - who knows how many have received their vaccinations elsewhere.

LFG, people.
Did you play EQ?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 25  Next