Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever

+33
Jake from State Farm
Turtleneck
Other Teams Pursuing That
Nordic
Trapper Gus
GRR Spartan
J T
tGreenWay
Pervis Muldoon
Motown Spartan
MiamiSpartan
Cameron
InTenSity
AvgMSUJoe
I.B. Fine
amiahtfrazier
Travis of the Cosmos
Bert Savoy
Heat Miser
MrMojoRisin
Dendrobates
Rocinante
kingstonlake
Bill Cain
SawGreen
NigelUno
Robert J Sakimano
steveschneider
aualum06
CORNER BLITZ
StylesGShmooth
WhiteBoyHatcher
Watch Out Pylon!
37 posters

Page 4 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 ... 26  Next

Go down

Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever - Page 4 Empty Re: Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever

Post by tGreenWay 2021-02-04, 15:02

Streamed The Little Things w/Denzel Washington, Jared Leto, and Rami Malek.
It’s good but not great.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever - Page 4 Empty Re: Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever

Post by Nordic 2021-02-09, 19:16

Been binge watching old school Gold Rush on Discovery the last few weeks. It's fucking absurd, but I can't stop. Tony Beats is the boss of bosses.

Anyone wanna go mining in the Yukon?
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-02-09, 19:21

Someone said Bosch in one of these threads... yikes, Could that show be more stereotypical? It's like a CBS show on a streaming service.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2021-02-09, 21:20

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:What up with Utopia?
It was good and probably worth it if you are scrounging, but they already announced no season 2 which is weird.
Wait, what? The ending was left open. Oh well.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2021-02-11, 10:16

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Someone said Bosch in one of these threads... yikes, Could that show be more stereotypical? It's like a CBS show on a streaming service.

I guess I watch it with a bit less of a critical eye, having liked the books so much.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2021-02-12, 20:48

If your kids ask to go to Sea World, tell them they need to watch Black Fish first.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-02-12, 20:51

Anyone watched "Your Honor"?

Heard some good things about it. Haven't searched it in this thread, though. Looking for something to kill some time.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-02-12, 21:08

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Anyone watched "Your Honor"?

Heard some good things about it. Haven't searched it in this thread, though. Looking for something to kill some time.

Not sure anyone has mentioned it, let alone watched it.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2021-02-12, 21:33

We talked about it in the other movie/tv show thread. It’s ok and an easy watch but I’d pass on it myself. Im done after 2 eps.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-02-13, 03:23

Putting in another plug for Party Down. This is a comedy that originally aired on Starz for two seasons back in 2010/11 and is now available through Hulu. Only twenty episodes total. I’m coming up on season 1, episode 9. Heads up, as a couple of the episodes have had nudity.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2021-02-13, 07:26

tGreenWay wrote:Putting in another plug for Party Down. This is a comedy that originally aired on Starz for two seasons back in 2010/11 and is now available through Hulu. Only twenty episodes total. I’m coming up on season 1, episode 9. Heads up, as a couple of the episodes have had nudity.

Very solid show. Cast is great.
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-02-13, 08:11

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

We talked about it in the other movie/tv show thread. It’s ok and an easy watch but I’d pass on it myself. Im done after 2 eps.
thanks, homie.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-02-13, 22:52

3 amigos is funny.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2021-02-14, 08:51

Is Lupin on Netflix any good? The wife and I are looking for something after finishing Wentworth, which was pretty good btw.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2021-02-14, 09:20

Jake from State Farm wrote:Is Lupin on Netflix any good? The wife and I are looking for something after finishing Wentworth, which was pretty good btw.

Not sure if it’s good because I haven’t seen it, BUT...it’s in French with English subtitles.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2021-02-14, 09:40

Motown Spartan wrote:
Jake from State Farm wrote:Is Lupin on Netflix any good? The wife and I are looking for something after finishing Wentworth, which was pretty good btw.

Not sure if it’s good because I haven’t seen it, BUT...it’s in French with English subtitles.

Leave it to the French to screw it up. If they wanted us to watch their show they should have made it in English.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-02-14, 10:03

Jake from State Farm wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:

Leave it to the French to screw it up. If they wanted us to watch their show they should have made it in English.

I’m sure if you send a strongly worded letter they will surrender their position and make it in English.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Jake from State Farm likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2021-02-14, 16:15

Motown Spartan wrote:

How can I be expected to pay that close attention? If I wanted to read I’d read a book. TV is passive entertainment.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Jake from State Farm likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-02-15, 02:19

Motown Spartan wrote:

How can I be expected to pay that close attention? If I wanted to read I’d read a book. TV is passive entertainment.

Exactly. It’s something to enjoy while giving your MiL a Valentine’s Day foot massage.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2021-03-31, 11:17

Anyone watch Ted Lasso yet? It’s SO good! Very very funny, lots a swearing, and a really well told feel good story.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-03-31, 11:37

Motown Spartan wrote:Anyone watch Ted Lasso yet? It’s SO good! Very very funny, lots a swearing, and a really well told feel good story.

I loved it. Likeable characters and an all around enjoyable watch. They don't show much soccer actually being played, so soccer haters need not avoid the show.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2021-03-31, 11:45

Been enjoying Grantchester on the PBS lately, almost as much as I liked Endeavour.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2021-03-31, 11:48

Motown Spartan wrote:Anyone watch Ted Lasso yet? It’s SO good! Very very funny, lots a swearing, and a really well told feel good story.

it was solid, just unbelievably corny/cheesy at times
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-03-31, 15:51

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
it was solid, just unbelievably corny/cheesy at times
I think that was a selling point. Ted was just so over the top....
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

MiamiSpartan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2021-03-31, 18:33

Finally watching Punisher.

Meh.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-03-31, 18:40

Line of Duty season 5 now on Hulu.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2021-03-31, 19:15

Watching For All Mankind on Apple TV+. It’s based on the premise that the Soviets beat the USA to the moon and what might have transpired after that.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2021-03-31, 19:24

Loved Lasso. Can't wait for the next season.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-03-31, 19:32

Rocinante wrote:Finally watching Punisher.

Meh.
the netflix one? Wasn't bad. Not as good as season 1 of daredevil. On par with Jennifer jones.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-03-31, 19:34

Zero zero zero on prime. Good gangster type story. Turn on the CC, unless you have spanish and french in your arsenal.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-03-31, 22:13

Motown Spartan wrote:Watching For All Mankind on Apple TV+. It’s based on the premise that the Soviets beat the USA to the moon and what might have transpired after that.

I like this in general, but I'm admittedly kind of a NASA/space fan (though I'm not big on most sci-fi stuff). I like the NASA-related plot lines and the historical what ifs, what would change, and what would stay the same is interesting to think about. I'm not crazy about some of the interpersonal storylines, but overall I'm entertained through 1 and a half seasons.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-04-01, 10:01

F1 Drive To Survive Season 3 is a perfect binge watching series.

Toto Wolf and Gunther Steiner seem like they’d be great guys to get a beer with.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2021-05-09, 18:43

Vikings.

It was originally on the History Channel but now it's on Amazon. Really enjoying it even though the women are hot and don't get naked.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2021-05-09, 19:14

Motown Spartan wrote:Vikings.

It was originally on the History Channel but now it's on Amazon. Really enjoying it even though the women are hot and don't get naked.

Vikings is good. Didn't like Ivar the Boneless brought into it, but solid otherwise.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Motown Spartan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-05-09, 19:30

Motown Spartan wrote:Vikings.

Good show. The same team is doing a sequel series for Netflix called Vikings: Valhalla. It is set about 100 or so years after Vikings and will be about some of the most famous Vikings/Viking descendants (I've seen Lief Erikson and William The Conquerer mentioned).
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Motown Spartan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-05-09, 20:36

Very much enjoying Gangs of London. Some intense scenes and interesting storylines.

Mare of Easttown w/Kate Winslet is pretty decent, but doesn’t really separate itself from most other whodunnits. Apparently, Winslet and the rest of the cast are getting lauded for their ability to nail the super-hard-to-nail Pennsylvania accent. Thing is, that’s what gets mentioned the most in reviews, not the storyline(s), and it reminds me of the old joke about the overweight person with the great personality.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-05-09, 22:26

tGreenWay wrote:Very much enjoying Gangs of London. Some intense scenes and interesting storylines.

Mare of Easttown w/Kate Winslet is pretty decent, but doesn’t really separate itself from most other whodunnits. Apparently, Winslet and the rest of the cast are getting lauded for their ability to nail the super-hard-to-nail Pennsylvania accent. Thing is, that’s what gets mentioned the most in reviews, not the storyline(s), and it reminds me of the old joke about the overweight person with the great personality.

We watched Gangs of London last week when Xfinity was doing a watchathon with everything for free. I liked it. Goes a little over the top with the gore, like the special effects guy is trying to get jobs in horror movies. But that didn't take away from the series for me.

Mare of Eastown is fine. Nothing special so far. SNL did a spoof about it last night, and made a lot of fun of the accents. I didnt know the accents were supposed to be a big deal. I had some cousins that grew up in the Philly suburbs, and while they and their friends had an accent, it wasn't really like in the show. But the show seems to be set beyond the suburbs and in kind of a small blue collar town, so maybe that's different than the upper middle class Philly suburbs.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-05-14, 11:10

steveschneider wrote:F1 Drive To Survive Season 3 is a perfect binge watching series.

Toto Wolf and Gunther Steiner seem like they’d be great guys to get a beer with.

I heard that was good.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-07-26, 11:57

Signed up for a free trial of HBO Max (on Hulu) so I could watch the Woodstock '99 documentary. What an odd mashup of artists and horrible money grab. Also, so many angry white kids.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2021-07-26, 14:06

Willy's Wonderland... Look it up.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 ... 26  Next