Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever

+33
Jake from State Farm
Turtleneck
Other Teams Pursuing That
Nordic
Trapper Gus
GRR Spartan
J T
tGreenWay
Pervis Muldoon
Motown Spartan
MiamiSpartan
Cameron
InTenSity
AvgMSUJoe
I.B. Fine
amiahtfrazier
Travis of the Cosmos
Bert Savoy
Heat Miser
MrMojoRisin
Dendrobates
Rocinante
kingstonlake
Bill Cain
SawGreen
NigelUno
Robert J Sakimano
steveschneider
aualum06
CORNER BLITZ
StylesGShmooth
WhiteBoyHatcher
Watch Out Pylon!
37 posters

Page 8 of 26 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 26  Next

Go down

Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever - Page 8 Empty Re: Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever

Post by InTenSity Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:03 am

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Why didn't any of you turds tell me Ozark season 4 was released?
I didn't realize it. Explains why it was too 10 again.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever - Page 8 Empty Re: Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever

Post by MiamiSpartan Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:12 pm

Wife and I watched Yellowjackets on showtime this weekend. Basically a darker version of Lost meets Lord Of The Flies. A high school girls soccer team's plane crashes in the mountains and they have to survive for 19 months. The show jumps back and forth between 1996 and modern day.

Some freaky shit in the show. Kind of horror-esque at times. Enough mystery to keep you guessing at things.

Coincidentally, I had just started rewatching the first couple of episodes of Lost (one of my all time favorites, though I've never re-watched it), when my wife asked if I wanted to watch this. So I may not be flying for a while (not that I was planning to).
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:24 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:Wife and I watched Yellowjackets on showtime this weekend. Basically a darker version of Lost meets Lord Of The Flies. A high school girls soccer team's plane crashes in the mountains and they have to survive for 19 months. The show jumps back and forth between 1996 and modern day.

Some freaky shit in the show. Kind of horror-esque at times. Enough mystery to keep you guessing at things.

Coincidentally, I had just started rewatching the first couple of episodes of Lost (one of my all time favorites, though I've never re-watched it), when my wife asked if I wanted to watch this. So I may not be flying for a while (not that I was planning to).

We watched the first episode. Can’t say it had me wanting more. Maybe I’ll give it a shot in the dog days of winter.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:25 pm

Seaspiracy

I mentioned in the oceans thread I started. Depressing doc on the oceans and who really promotes and funds “dolphin free” tuna, the plastics in the ocean crowd, etc
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:14 pm

Watched the first episode of Ricky Gervais’ dark comedy After Life (Netflix). Looks like there’s 18 episodes over three seasons.
Storyline as follows: Nice man’s wife dies of cancer. In his grief, he first tries to kill himself. Having failed that, he now treats everybody with an abusive tongue. His friends know he’s not really that mean person and it’s only a stage of his grief. They tolerate it and him and try to bring him out of his sorrow.

This is one of the trailers my wife saw that sold her on watching the series:

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Jake from State Farm likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:59 pm

kingstonlake wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:Wife and I watched Yellowjackets on showtime this weekend. Basically a darker version of Lost meets Lord Of The Flies. A high school girls soccer team's plane crashes in the mountains and they have to survive for 19 months. The show jumps back and forth between 1996 and modern day.

We watched the first episode. Can’t say it had me wanting more. Maybe I’ll give it a shot in the dog days of winter.
I hear ya, it was probably around episode 4 or 5 that I started to feel invested. I'm not saying its great, but I started to be more interested in the storylines by that point.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:12 pm

Any Ray Donovan fans? One of my all time favorites. Just watched Ray Donovan The Movie. Awesome. Basically a series ender w/flashbacks.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:15 pm

Jimmy Carr: His Dark Material on Netflix.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:44 pm

New Reacher series starts tonight on Prime. Sounds like they nailed the character

Reacher review – the house-sized action hero Tom Cruise will never be
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:06 pm

Boba Fett is pretty solid
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:19 pm

kingstonlake wrote:Boba Fett is pretty solid

Yep. E5 was kinda of a buzzkiller for me, but guessing it will make sense once I watch E6. My fav character is the giant wookie obv.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:29 pm

Nordic wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:Boba Fett is pretty solid

Yep. E5 was kinda of a buzzkiller for me, but guessing it will make sense once I watch E6. My fav character is the giant wookie obv.

It will. Good episode.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:03 pm

I give a thumbs up on Boba Fett.

Also, Peacemaker is pretty good on HBOMax.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:09 am

AvgMSUJoe wrote:I give a thumbs up on Boba Fett.

I'm almost done with Doom Patrol.
I started No One Gets Out Alive,  or whatever its called. Korean zombie series on Netflix,  so far so good.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:10 am

Final season of ozark. Two episodes in. It’s way beyond believable long ago, which is fine I guess. Bateman is a damn good actor. For all the gratuitous stuff it’s still pretty good.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:23 pm

Nordic wrote:New Reacher series starts tonight on Prime. Sounds like they nailed the character

I get the hate from fans for the Reacher movie with TC, but as someone who never knew the character existed, I liked it.

Plus that little red headed yinzer was hot.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:55 pm

Nordic wrote:New Reacher series starts tonight on Prime. Sounds like they nailed the character

I've watched three episodes and this Reacher is more like it. Size does matter.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:17 pm

Agreed with Nordy and Floyd on Reacher’s size. He’s much more like the imposing hobo in the novels. Couple of things: While the actor in this new series is way more of a physical match to Reacher than Tom Cruise could ever hope to be, he’s still three inches shorter than the character written by Lee Child. Jack Reacher is 6’5” in the novels. Even if you could find someone that size, there’s probably a very small pool of those in that group who are also good-enough actors, too. It must also be rough shooting a lot of the scenes, too, when one actor is conceivably a foot taller than the rest.

The other thing I noticed is how dainty the actor playing Reacher walks. Quick, tiny steps, body straight, not shrugging. He’s also skipped leg day a lot.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:19 pm

Rocinante wrote:

I get the hate from fans for the Reacher movie with TC, but as someone who never knew the character existed, I liked it.

The Cruise movies were, imo, good enough to watch as stand-alones. Not sure who you mean by red-headed yinzer.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:37 pm

The Pittsburgh skank.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:56 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

The Cruise movies were, imo, good enough to watch as stand-alones. Not sure who you mean by red-headed yinzer.

I liked the Reacher movies with Cruise. It was smart to cast him He plays that type of role well. It obv doesn't get as much play if they hired someone like the current guy.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:00 pm

tGreenWay wrote:Agreed with Nordy and Floyd on Reacher’s size. He’s much more like the imposing hobo in the novels. Couple of things: While the actor in this new series is way more of a physical match to Reacher than Tom Cruise could ever hope to be, he’s still three inches shorter than the character written by Lee Child. Jack Reacher is 6’5” in the novels. Even if you could find someone that size, there’s probably a very small pool of those in that group who are also good-enough actors, too. It must also be rough shooting a lot of the scenes, too, when one actor is conceivably a foot taller than the rest.

The other thing I noticed is how dainty the actor playing Reacher walks. Quick, tiny steps, body straight, not shrugging. He’s also skipped leg day a lot.

On E3 and had no idea he wasn't 6-5. They've done a good job making him look 6-5. The casting on Roscoe and Oscar is great too. Been years since I've read Killing Floor, but they look/act like I imaged.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:20 pm

I'm not too far into it, but that dude would snap roscoe in half if they bone.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:27 pm

AvgMSUJoe wrote:I'm not too far into it, but that dude would snap roscoe in half if they bone.

If?

I don't remember much from the book, but one thing I do know is those two will bang.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:29 am

Episode 4...
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:43 am

Nordic wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:I'm not too far into it, but that dude would snap roscoe in half if they bone.

If?

I don't remember much from the book, but one thing I do know is those two will bang.

I don't remember a Reacher book without a babe that he banged.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:08 am

InTenSity wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:I give a thumbs up on Boba Fett.

I'm almost done with Doom Patrol.
I started No One Gets Out Alive,  or whatever its called. Korean zombie series on Netflix,  so far so good.
So, I completely got the name of the show wrong.
All of Us Are Dead, is the Korean zombie show. If you like Zombie type shows, I recommend it. I'm on the last episode and have been binging on it. I wanted to finish last night, but each episode is an hour long and it was already 11:30. I have a job and kids and need to get up early.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:39 pm

So, the wife's work place talks about Shameless, we started, like 3 seasons into it...
Anyone watch it all.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:55 pm

The doc about Boeing should be watched by a lot of people.  American greed happens again.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:59 am

InTenSity wrote:The doc about Boeing should be watched by a lot of people.  American greed happens again.

I fly maybe two three times a year. I’m flying at the end of this month. I’ll watch it after that.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:30 am

DWags wrote:
InTenSity wrote:The doc about Boeing should be watched by a lot of people.  American greed happens again.

I fly maybe two three times a year. I’m flying at the end of this month. I’ll watch it after that.

The last time I flew I was in my 40s. I'm flying tomorrow. I'll watch it in about 10 days.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:08 am

Netflix is raising their standard 1080P HD streaming fee to $15.49 per month. Might be time to downgrade back to Basic 480 SD my eyes are getting too old anyway lol.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:55 pm

Vikings: Valhalla. After 3 episodes I've concluded it's not very good.

EDIT: Episode 4 was pretty darn good. Might keep watching now.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:03 am

I finally watched "Don't Look Up" over the weekend. Man, what a frustrating movie in the MAGA sense.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:20 pm

Mrs. Wifey added Apple TV a couple of weeks ago. Ted Lasso really is a great show. It’s both funny and charming. I’m a Jason Sudeikas (sp?) fan, but it’s the Roy Kent character that makes me laugh the most.

Meanwhile, I’m also enjoying The Morning Show, but not like the way I’m in Lasso.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:04 pm

For something with some interesting relevance to current events, check out Mr Jones on Hulu. True story about Welsh journalist Gareth Jones who uncovered and publicized the famine in Ukraine in 1933, and how Stalin was basically starving millions of people in Ukraine. Good movie. Some parts aren't for the faint of heart.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:15 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:For something with some interesting relevance to current events, check out Mr Jones on Hulu. True story about Welsh journalist Gareth Jones who uncovered and publicized the famine in Ukraine in 1933, and how Stalin was basically starving millions of people in Ukraine. Good movie. Some parts aren't for the faint of heart.

Really good movie. My wife wasn’t fond of the middle third of the film, but I enjoyed it because it set the tone for what was to come and it helped viewers understand what Jones went through to get the story. She liked the movie but was bored in the middle.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

MiamiSpartan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:08 am

Metal Lords on Netflix. Awesome. Though I admittedly have a huge bias as an old school metalhead (though I was never a stereotypical metalhead, but rather was always pretty clean cut, good student, etc.). So I'm speaking mostly from that perspective, but my non-metal loving wife liked it, too.

Written by DB Weiss, one of the guys behind Game Of Thrones (and I think the other guy was a producer). They did a really a good job from a metal perspective. Only a couple of references to crappy bands, but heavily Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Black Sabbath, and some old (pre-sellout) Metallica. The kid with the long hair really nailed it.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:13 am

Oh, and which one of you is DB Weiss? Clearly he posts here, as the name of the band that the kids in the movie started is Skullfucker. :lol:

Here's their logo:
Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever - Page 8 20220410
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Mon May 09, 2022 6:41 am

The Pentaverate on Netflix. Mike Myers playing several different characters, mocking conspiracy theory nuts, and a bit of good natured making fun of Canadians. I'm here for it all day.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 26 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 26  Next