Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So Ricky White is suing MSU.

+9
tGreenWay
Turtleneck
aualum06
GRR Spartan
MiamiSpartan
NigelUno
kingstonlake
Motown Spartan
DWags
13 posters

Go down

So Ricky White is suing MSU.   Empty So Ricky White is suing MSU.

Post by DWags Sat 9 Oct - 21:44

I mean great talent. But I’m not thinking you should add him into a WR Corp that is doing really well.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

So Ricky White is suing MSU.   Empty Re: So Ricky White is suing MSU.

Post by Motown Spartan Sat 9 Oct - 21:47

Great talent or flash in the pan? He had a good game for a bad team against a bad team. Maybe he's not B1G talent.

Last edited by Motown Spartan on Sat 9 Oct - 22:20; edited 1 time in total
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sat 9 Oct - 22:17

Is there any information regarding the thread title?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Sat 9 Oct - 22:19

kingstonlake wrote:Is there any information regarding the thread title?

There is a player suing to be reinstated for a "suspension" due to a sexual assault allegation and by the powers of deduction, it's Ricky White.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sat 9 Oct - 22:41

Motown Spartan wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:Is there any information regarding the thread title?

There is a player suing to be reinstated for a "suspension" due to a sexual assault allegation and by the powers of deduction, it's Ricky White.

Thank your for the information
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun 10 Oct - 6:10

Article
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sun 10 Oct - 7:38

DWags wrote:I mean great talent. But I’m not thinking you should add him into a WR Corp that is doing really well.

Not sure how long these investigations normally take. Maybe it's delayed due to Covid.

He'd be better off hitting the portal.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun 10 Oct - 8:11

NigelUno wrote:
DWags wrote:I mean great talent. But I’m not thinking you should add him into a WR Corp that is doing really well.

Not sure how long these investigations normally take. Maybe it's delayed due to Covid.

Everyone would be im thinking.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Sun 10 Oct - 9:51

I think, at least according to folks on SpartanMag, good ol' Paula broke this story a couple of days ago. I refused to knowingly click on a link to anything she writes, but wouldn't her writing this story be taking the side of an alleged sexual assaulter (who is, by virtue of the allegations, automatically guilty in the minds of her, Kathy Redmond, and their ilk)? Seems like she is still butthurt toward MSU after her lies, omissions, and lack of context resulted in no tangible effects.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Sun 10 Oct - 10:05

NigelUno wrote:

COVID is the cause of severe delays at the county court level. Have an acquaintance who purchased a home n the burbs east of Lansing.

The seller had to file an amended deed prior to sale due to the unexpected death (cancer) of one the owners.

Pre-COVID a quick hearing with owner present and notarized signed consent of the deceased heirs took less than a week to schedule and complete. This took 9 weeks.

That was basic property law with all parties in agreement. The judge apologized for the delay and explained criminal cases are experiencing much longer waits to go to trial.

Hell of a mess for Ricky White. He may want to play elsewhere, Tucker and staff might want the same thing but until he gets his day(s) in court, it’s doubtful many other schools are going to commit to a 2022 scholarship.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sun 10 Oct - 10:48

It's amazing how long this stuff can drag out. I know the investigations need to be thorough and correct but it's been since February at least. I have a set of parents who have been going for a year irl. It's a long story of their foster kid f-d up but cps has been throwing shit at the wall against dad for a year and has nothing yet they and the legals refuse to end the investigation and keep cancelling and postponing stuff. They've admitted they have nothing and still cancelled yet another court date last week.
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Fri 22 Oct - 16:55

Dismissed

https://www.wilx.com/2021/10/22/football-players-title-ix-suit-against-msu-dismissed/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 22 Oct - 17:45

Turtleneck wrote:Dismissed

https://www.wilx.com/2021/10/22/football-players-title-ix-suit-against-msu-dismissed/

Hope justice was served. All we can do. I’ll also say I’m pretty sure this should be a red shirt season for him no matter where he plays.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Fri 22 Oct - 19:57

DWags wrote:

Hope justice was served. All we can do. I’ll also say I’m pretty sure this should be a red shirt season for him no matter where he plays.

Title 9 hearing still hasn't happened
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri 22 Oct - 20:28

DWags wrote:

Dismissed because the plaintiff wants to stay anonymous and won’t refuel using his real name, at least for now. It seems to be a calculated move.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrapperGus Sat 23 Oct - 20:14

tGreenWay wrote:
DWags wrote:

Dismissed because the plaintiff wants to stay anonymous and won’t refuel using his real name, at least for now. It seems to be a calculated move.

The plaintiff's lawyer said it would be filed again.  

Something is really screwed up with MSU's title nine processes, maybe being held up as the poster child of "what not to do" when the University has been bending over backwards to follow the Title Nine inputs has them very gun shy.
TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Sat 23 Oct - 20:21

Has he had access to facilities to stay in shape thru all of this?
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat 23 Oct - 21:11

TrapperGus wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Something is really screwed up with MSU's title nine processes, maybe being held up as the poster child of "what not to do" when the University has been bending over backwards to follow the Title Nine inputs has them very gun shy.

Hadn’t heard about the decision to refile. As for Title IX, it’s screwed up everywhere, not just at MSU. I’ve shared my thoughts here before, more of a rant, really. Probably not very popular with my fellow Libs, but I’ve seen how screwed up the T9 investigation has become, all because of meant-well federal laws from the Obama years.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TrapperGus Sun 24 Oct - 9:23

tGreenWay wrote:
TrapperGus wrote:

Hadn’t heard about the decision to refile. As for Title IX, it’s screwed up everywhere, not just at MSU. I’ve shared my thoughts here before, more of a rant, really. Probably not very popular with my fellow Libs, but I’ve seen how screwed up the T9 investigation has become, all because of meant-well federal laws from the Obama years.

MSU has become the poster child of Title 9, with reorganization after reorganization of the title 9 departments and processes all based on the recommendations from the federal government. One reorg would be in process when the feds would come in and totally trash the reorg they engineered and approved.

MSU sufferers from being the 'whipping boy" of Universities in Michigan due to the people in A2 wanting to hide their crimes by pointing at others, and the national sports media who are staffed by Michigan homies push that narrative nationally.

Other big name schools are fine with that, as it directs attention away from them.

However, why has it taken so long to resolve one Title 9 case?

TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun 24 Oct - 19:37

TrapperGus wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

MSU has become the poster child of Title 9, with reorganization after reorganization of the title 9 departments and processes all based on the recommendations from the federal government. One reorg would be in process when the feds would come in and totally trash the reorg they engineered and approved.

MSU sufferers from being the 'whipping boy" of Universities in Michigan due to the people in A2 wanting to hide their crimes by pointing at others, and the national sports media who are staffed by Michigan homies push that narrative nationally.

Other big name schools are fine with that, as it directs attention away from them.

I don’t know White’s case, so I couldn’t speak to it. Meanwhile, as to your other point, this is fresh off the presses, so to speak, though Liberty is a private school.

https://www.propublica.org/article/the-liberty-way-how-liberty-university-discourages-and-dismisses-students-reports-of-sexual-assaults
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon 25 Oct - 7:25

tGreenWay wrote:
TrapperGus wrote:

I don’t know White’s case, so I couldn’t speak to it. Meanwhile, as to your other point, this is fresh off the presses, so to speak, though Liberty is a private school.

https://www.propublica.org/article/the-liberty-way-how-liberty-university-discourages-and-dismisses-students-reports-of-sexual-assaults

Isn't Liberty the one started by Jerry Falwell? It all makes sense.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

tGreenWay and duffy munn like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TrapperGus Mon 25 Oct - 9:39

https://www.thecollegefix.com/judge-tosses-class-action-claims-against-michigan-state-for-title-ix-kangaroo-courts/

https://www.mindingthecampus.org/2018/06/04/the-gross-unfairness-of-title-ix-goes-national/

https://reason.com/2020/03/09/michigan-state-university-title-ix-debt-sex-medical/

https://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/hans-bader/never-ending-title-ix-investigation

These articles, although clearly slanted, do expose some of the problems with Title 9 and its ever changing rules, and how MSU seems to always be at the center of the whiplash of the rule changes.

Understandable that MSU is gun shy about resolving cases.

Lets hope that Michigan doesn't find a group of willing people to bring Title 9 cases against all the star football & basketball players.
TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Tue 26 Oct - 21:42

No charges
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 27 Oct - 6:54

Free Ricky White?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 27 Oct - 10:21

Motown Spartan wrote:No charges

Which is separate from the T9 investigation. The U could still find for the claimant and boot the accused.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

TrapperGus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down