Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What’s a current or past child-rearing strategy you especially agree or disagree with?

+15
Travis of the Cosmos
The Pantry
Rocinante
duffy munn
Robert J Sakimano
MiamiSpartan
Pervis Muldoon
Turtleneck
aualum06
kingstonlake
DWags
InTenSity
AvgMSUJoe
steveschneider
tGreenWay
19 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What’s a current or past child-rearing strategy you especially agree or disagree with? Empty What’s a current or past child-rearing strategy you especially agree or disagree with?

Post by tGreenWay 2021-10-14, 19:27

Being old and childless, I’m a little surprised I have enough of an opinion to start this thread. But at a recent neighbor swarm, I heard someone 25 years older than me jokingly say that “children should be seen and not heard.” It was a belief practiced in the generations prior to my own, but not much before I chewed my way out of my maternal cocoon.

After watching the children of friends grow up to be (mostly) well-balanced adults who are contributing to society in multiple ways, I have to say that old idiom is ridiculous. Interacting with kids, both single digits and teens, seems an excellent way to keep them thinking for themselves and socially engaged.

Got anything you really like or dislike? Spanking? Go to your room? Groundings? Participation trophys? Have at it.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

What’s a current or past child-rearing strategy you especially agree or disagree with? Empty Re: What’s a current or past child-rearing strategy you especially agree or disagree with?

Post by steveschneider 2021-10-14, 19:37

I thought Tiger Woods dad made a few mistakes.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

What’s a current or past child-rearing strategy you especially agree or disagree with? Empty Re: What’s a current or past child-rearing strategy you especially agree or disagree with?

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-10-14, 19:37

I don't know. Currently questioning all my decisions.

They all are well regarded, smart, good kids but I don't think they will ever "get it"... 10 year old is my last hope.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2021-10-14, 19:44

I struggle with screen time. I really don't care if they're on a tablet 4 hours a day or more. My daughter loves computer games. There was a pandemic and being shut in with kids who have no entertainment 24/7 probably explains why some people snap. My wife and I are pretty laid-back in our approach.
That being said, 4th grade and 3-4 hours of homework a day is fucking bullshit.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay, I.B. Fine, kingstonlake and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-10-14, 19:48

AvgMSUJoe wrote:I don't know. Currently questioning all my decisions.

They all are well regarded, smart, good kids but I don't think they will ever "get it"... 10 year old is my last hope.

Go on…
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-10-14, 19:51

InTenSity wrote:I struggle with screen time. I really don't care if they're on a tablet 4 hours a day or more. My daughter loves computer games. There was a pandemic and being shut in with kids who have no entertainment 24/7 probably explains why some people snap. My wife and I are pretty laid-back in our approach.
That being said, 4th grade and 3-4 hours of homework a day is fucking bullshit.

The amount of homework would drive me insane as a parent. As for screen time, I totally get the dilemma. Obviously, when I was a kid, we just went out to play whatever, usually pickup baseball games or, in winter, building snow forts. Mom let me watch cartoons all morning on saturdays, though.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Rick Saunders likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2021-10-14, 20:02

tGreenWay wrote:
InTenSity wrote:I struggle with screen time.  I really don't care if they're on a tablet 4 hours a day or more.  My daughter loves computer games.  There was a pandemic and being shut in with kids who have no entertainment 24/7 probably explains why some people snap.  My wife and I are pretty laid-back in our approach.
That being said,  4th grade and 3-4 hours of homework a day is fucking bullshit.

The amount of homework would drive me insane as a parent. As for screen time, I totally get the dilemma. Obviously, when I was a kid, we just went out to play whatever, usually pickup baseball games or, in winter, building snow forts. Mom let me watch cartoons all morning on saturdays, though.
Fucking hell, my daughters best friend mom is all over my ass because I let the girls go to a tiny community park.  I'm talking  200 yards down the road with a swing.  She freaked out in me that I didn't go.  She said I don't know everyone in my community and anyone could kidnap the girls.  Apparently in her mind, I was ok with it because I have 2 kids,  so losing one would be OK,  but she only has one daughter.
Parents are so fucking paranoid about shit that has about a .000001% chance of happening.
Also,  parents that drop their kids off at school and won't leave until they see them go around a corner.  Wtf are you waiting for,  there are about 10 adults,  including a cop at the drop off,  you don't need to hold up 30 fucking cars because...I don't even know the logic.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-10-14, 20:18

I got nothing. Its a total crap shoot. Some things probably work. Somethings probably don’t. Anyone tells you they know for sure I think is full of it.

My mom, who is 100% Italian did magical shit with a wooden spoon to my brother and I below the age of 7 or 8. All she had to do was threaten she was getting it after that age and we d straighten up. But I don’t think that altered our behavior. It just changed it in the moment.

Fuck, just live your life give advice when they ask and hope it works out.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

MiamiSpartan, tGreenWay and gomersbro like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-10-14, 20:22

Screen time as well here. My daughter absolutely loves being outdoors but loves her Roblox and stuff. We went fossil hunting along lake Huron last weekend and I had to pull her off the lake. Frankly I feel my wife uses it (iPad) as a babysitting tool and it bugs me. But I'm old and cranky.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2021-10-14, 20:22

Anyone giving that much homework, I would seriously ask them why
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-10-14, 20:25

InTenSity wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Fucking hell, my daughters best friend mom is all over my ass because I let the girls go to a tiny community park.  I'm talking  200 yards down the road with a swing.  She freaked out in me that I didn't go.  She said I don't know everyone in my community and anyone could kidnap the girls.  Apparently in her mind, I was ok with it because I have 2 kids,  so losing one would be OK,  but she only has one daughter.
Parents are so fucking paranoid about shit that has about a .000001% chance of happening.
Also,  parents that drop their kids off at school and won't leave until they see them go around a corner.  Wtf are you waiting for,  there are about 10 adults,  including a cop at the drop off,  you don't need to hold up 30 fucking cars because...I don't even know the logic.

What’s a current or past child-rearing strategy you especially agree or disagree with? 200.gif?cid=ddb306a573emfse1vsmgamt898nn7dnocd7nq5omkqj7gg2j&rid=200
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-10-14, 21:19

Yeah, the captain of the Titanic said something similar when asked if he was worried about aliens.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Pervis Muldoon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-10-14, 21:34

Yeah, I let my kids wander around the neighborhood. More worried about getting hit by cars then stranger danger.
First kid is always more protected.
Daughter's friends... one is the oldest of 3, good family. 10 years old.. Last weekend she couldn't watch a tv-y show on Netflix cause it's too scary. An only child friend couldn't walk to school when you can literally see the school from their front porch.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-10-14, 22:00

kingstonlake wrote:Screen time as well here. My daughter absolutely loves being outdoors but loves her Roblox and stuff. We went fossil hunting along lake Huron last weekend and I had to pull her off the lake. Frankly I feel my wife uses it (iPad) as a babysitting tool and it bugs me. But I'm old and cranky.

If I lived near one of the Great Lakes you’d have to drag me away every day. Cool that she digs the water.
I swore that if I ever won one of those gazillion dollar lotteries I’d spent most of it on my community. For example, soccer and baseball fields and STEMA stuff and find a team of brilliant minds that could figure out how to pull kids away from their tech and TVs.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-10-14, 22:03

InTenSity wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

She sounds like the cliche helicopter parent. It might become so bad the poor girl might never be able to make a decision for herself. I can’t remember how old we were when we got to ride our bikes around the block, then the neighborhood, then across the busiest streets, but we weren’t very old.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-10-14, 22:05

Turtleneck wrote:

Yeah, the captain of the Titanic said something similar when asked if he was worried about aliens.

Never worry about aliens unless they’re masquerading as icebergs.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-10-14, 22:11

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Yeah, I let my kids wander around the neighborhood. More worried about getting hit by cars then stranger danger.
First kid is always more protected.
Daughter's friends... one is the oldest of 3, good family. 10 years old.. Last weekend she couldn't watch a tv-y show on Netflix cause it's too scary. An only child friend couldn't walk to school when you can literally see the school from their front porch.

As the baby in my brood of three, I can confirm parental restrictions ease up as the family grows. That’s what my older brother and sister used to say, anyway. Apparently, I got away with everything. 🙄

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2021-10-15, 00:18

Teach your kids to read before they start kindergarten.  Start when they're little with an alphabet poster in the bedroom and do the sounds of the letters before you put them to bed.  When they've been doing the sounds themselves for a while, start putting simple words together.  As soon as they successfully sound out a few words, they'll be off like rockets.  All with no pressure.

They will start kindergarten ahead of most other kids, and when teachers think a kid is smart, they continually reinforce that perception.  Almost all school learning is based on reading, so the kid will usually stay on top.

Also, teach your kids how to throw and catch.  For boys or girls, playground coordination matters.  That's pretty much it, and it doesn't take a lot of work.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

tGreenWay and TrapperGus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-10-15, 03:40

Pervis Muldoon wrote:Teach your kids to read before they start kindergarten.  Start when they're little with an alphabet poster in the bedroom and do the sounds of the letters before you put them to bed.  When they've been doing the sounds themselves for a while, start putting simple words together.  As soon as they successfully sound out a few words, they'll be off like rockets.  All with no pressure.

They will start kindergarten ahead of most other kids, and when teachers think a kid is smart, they continually reinforce that perception.  Almost all school learning is based on reading, so the kid will usually stay on top.

Also, teach your kids how to throw and catch.  For boys or girls, playground coordination matters.  That's pretty much it, and it doesn't take a lot of work.

Excellent! Plus, the sooner a child can read, the sooner they can begin learning Mandarin, our future national language.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Pervis Muldoon and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-10-15, 07:37

Raising our kids to believe in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and the tooth fairy seems like a bad idea.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-10-15, 07:40

DWags wrote:I got nothing. Its a total crap shoot. Some things probably work. Somethings probably don’t. Anyone tells you they know for sure I think is full of it.

My mom, who is 100% Italian did magical shit with a wooden spoon to my brother and I below the age of 7 or 8. All she had to do was threaten she was getting it after that age and we d straighten up. But I don’t think that altered our behavior. It just changed it in the moment.

Fuck, just live your life give advice when they ask and hope it works out.

Pretty much this. I mean, I've seen some shitty parents. But if you're there for kid, and spend time with them, you're way ahead to begin with. Some parents might love their kids, but they don't seem to like their kids very much.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-10-15, 08:05

- cut down on screen time but make sure there are healthy alternative options.

- while school is important, it's not what people make it out to be.

- don't listen to anything other parents have to say. 99.9% of the time, parents are the problem.

- have fun, let them be goofy.

- let the kids make their own decisions but make sure all of the options are acceptable to you.

- allow kids to explore for themselves within a framework that is constructive. It builds confidence and encourages progressively more mature decision-making skills.

- encourage kids to spend time with people (family, friends, etc) that inspire them to be a better version of themselves.

- make certain they are polite, kind and respectful but don't confuse that with taken advantage of by others. While the attributes may be expected of them, it's not always going to be returned.

- finally, know that in a lot of ways, all of this is totally out of your hands. Love them, be supportive, voice disappointment while lacing it with encouragement. Celebrate independence, inclusion, acceptance.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay, DWags and steveschneider like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-10-15, 08:24

Robert J Sakimano wrote:- cut down on screen time but make sure there are healthy alternative options.

- don't listen to anything other parents have to say. 99.9% of the time, parents are the problem.

- let the kids make their own decisions but make sure all of the options are acceptable to you.

- allow kids to explore for themselves within a framework that is constructive. It builds confidence and encourages progressively more mature decision-making skills.

- encourage kids to spend time with people (family, friends, etc) that inspire them to be a better version of themselves.

- make certain they are polite, kind and respectful but don't confuse that with taken advantage of by others. While the attributes may be expected of them, it's not always going to be returned.

- finally, know that in a lot of ways, all of this is totally out of your hands. Love them, be supportive, voice disappointment while lacing it with encouragement. Celebrate independence, inclusion, acceptance.

I'm pretty sure we didn't do any of the above. Maybe we did, but I'm absolutely sure if we did it was by accident. I have no idea really. Every day seemed like a big ball of confusion and chaos as far as I can remember.

It's all kind of foggy now, but it seems like from the ages of maybe 10 years old on, they pretty much told me what they were doing and if my wife wasn't around to say different, I pretty much agreed with anything that didn't involve guns knives or drugs. Even when the youngest came home as a junior and put a bag of weed on the kitchen counter by mistake and didn't take it to her room and hide it from us, I just picked it up and put it in a drawer and told the wife what I found and what I did when she came home so I put the burden of discipline on her. (Ironically, neither of them partake in the weed anymore at 21-24) not saying that is good or bad or making a judgement, looking back on it, I don't know if the wife did something to convince them not to or we did nothing and they just don't like it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2021-10-15, 08:34

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:- cut down on screen time but make sure there are healthy alternative options.

I'm pretty sure we didn't do any of the above. Maybe we did, but I'm absolutely sure if we did it was by accident. I have no idea really. Every day seemed like a big ball of confusion and chaos as far as I can remember.

It's all kind of foggy now, but it seems like from the ages of maybe 10 years old on, they pretty much told me what they were doing and if my wife wasn't around to say different, I pretty much agreed with anything that didn't involve guns knives or drugs. Even when the youngest came home as a junior and put a bag of weed on the kitchen counter by mistake and didn't take it to her room and hide it from us, I just picked it up and put it in a drawer and told the wife what I found and what I did when she came home so I put the burden of discipline on her. (Ironically, neither of them partake in the weed anymore at 21-24) not saying that is good or bad or making a judgement, looking back on it, I don't know if the wife did something to convince them not to or we did nothing and they just don't like it.

Did you smoke her weed? Cause I did when I found my sons
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron and I.B. Fine like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-10-15, 08:40

DWags wrote:

I can't say we did all or even any of the stuff I mentioned.. What’s a current or past child-rearing strategy you especially agree or disagree with? 502811600

it's really all about instilling values and, to be honest, if you do that between ages 0-7 or so, they usually seem to take off on their own. It's important, obviously, to react when they test those values (because they will), but I do think that most traditional "parenting" skills are done before the age of ten.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-10-15, 09:02

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

I can't say we did all or even any of the stuff I mentioned.. What’s a current or past child-rearing strategy you especially agree or disagree with? 502811600

it's really all about instilling values and, to be honest, if you do that between ages 0-7 or so, they usually seem to take off on their own. It's important, obviously, to react when they test those values (because they will), but I do think that most traditional "parenting" skills are done before the age of ten.

I'd guess that you both did most of those things Bob listed, whether you knew it or not. A lot of those things will happen if you're just a good, caring parent. You may not think of what you're doing in those terms, but you do it, even if it is just by being yourselves. Kids pick up on our behavior and attitudes more than we think.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-10-15, 09:13

duffy munn wrote:
DWags wrote:

Do t know what we did with it. I do remember the question at the kitchen table from my wife, “where did you get it from?” She wouldn’t answer, and I remember thinking should I be mad or happy about that. That’s why I say all of this is just a crapshoot to me
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2021-10-15, 09:36

DWags wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Do t know what we did with it. I do remember the question at the kitchen table from my wife, “where did you get it from?” She wouldn’t answer, and I remember thinking should I be mad or happy about that. That’s why I say all of this is just a crapshoot to me

It's a crap shoot for every parent. Anyone who thinks they have all of the answers is kidding themselves.

Quick kid and weed story. My oldest spent a lot of time on AOL instant messenger back in the day. I told both my boys at an early age ( around 12) when they started partying, I would know. Anyway, I bought the software called "I am big brother" and tracked all of his conversations. When he showed up to buy his first bag of weed at patriarch park guess who was sitting on the park bench? The kid was beside himself. He was like "how did you know?" I said, I told you 4 years ago I would know.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-10-15, 09:48

tGreenWay wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:I don't know. Currently questioning all my decisions.

Go on…
Good kids, likable, nice to others... they have no "drive"... say what you will about Tiger's dad, but his kid knew how to define a goal and work toward it. I currently have no idea if being nice to them and making a good welcoming home was beneficial to their future well being. My dad was kind of an old fashioned jerk, ma was old-school Catholic. I wanted out... I had motivation. I might have failed them... I don't know.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-10-15, 09:52

As far as weed and drinking, my focus was always that they stay safe over doing what my parents did (forbid all of it, screaming all the way...I did it anyway, dangerously). No driving, no stupid. Told the boys before high school, the 2 most blatant ways to fuck your life in high school is behind the wheel or knocking up a girl.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-10-15, 09:53

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Go on…
Good kids, likable, nice to others... they have no "drive"... say what you will about Tiger's dad, but his kid knew how to define a goal and work toward it. I currently have no idea if being nice to them and making a good welcoming home was beneficial to their future well being. My dad was kind of an old fashioned jerk, ma was old-school Catholic. I wanted out... I had motivation. I might have failed them... I don't know.
I suspect they'll figure things out as they move forward. One of the biggest child-rearing crimes society commits is expecting each kid to progress through life at the same pace and in a linear fashion.

give them a good sense of place, of values, of expectations.. and arm around their shoulder and a kick in the ass when they need it. Encourage them to find their passion. I know your kids are a little older nowadays, but they'll figure it out.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2021-10-15, 10:41

steveschneider wrote:Raising our kids to believe in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and the tooth fairy seems like a bad idea.
I thought the same thing until you need to make that choice. At that point I think most decide to let the kids have some magic in their life.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2021-10-15, 13:08

I don’t worry about screen time with our 12 year old, but I worry a little about the content. I try to talk to her about what’s real and what’s not. She was into these “wild true facts” videos on YouTube for a while…. Lemme tell ya. They were not true mostly.
I was raised on after school tv. I watched every syndicated show from the 70s like three times through. Remember TV50 out of Detroit. That was my mom and dad most of the time. I turned out fine, if a little socialist.
I also encourage her to go out more. She only really has one friend in town and one other one out at her dad's place. I wish she had more friends. She’s also going through puberty now, and that’s more scary than any of the other stuff.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2021-10-15, 13:11

And yeah. I never hit my kids. It’s real dumb. I’ll snatch them up once in a while when they’re rally bad, but I would hate myself if I hit them. I’ve had that immediate reaction a couple times but learned to just walk away. If they knew how close they’ve come to destruction a few times…
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-10-15, 13:21

InTenSity wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Raising our kids to believe in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and the tooth fairy seems like a bad idea.
I thought the same thing until you need to make that choice. At that point I think most decide to let the kids have some magic in their life.

When I see people worship our founding fathers, the constitution or god I wonder if the seeds for all this magical thinking started with Santa, the bunny and the fairy.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-10-15, 13:44

InTenSity wrote:

I’ve used Santa to change my kids behavior in the moment. Good or bad I have no idea, but it cut out the whining or whatever at the time. I’m sure it didn’t put an end to them whining permanently but I recall it working once or twice , so I think making Santa real is a good thing and a tool parents can use to get a little peace in their lives when nothing else is working.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-10-15, 14:21

steveschneider wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

When I see people worship our founding fathers, the constitution or god I wonder if the seeds for all this magical thinking started with Santa, the bunny and the fairy.

Yeah, steve, and when ancient civilizations, 5,000 years ago, were telling stories about their heroes and legends, it was all because of the fucking tooth fairy, too.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2021-10-15, 14:22

DWags wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

I’ve used Santa to change my kids behavior in the moment. Good or bad I have no idea, but it cut out the whining or whatever at the time. I’m sure it didn’t put an end to them whining permanently but I recall it working once or twice , so I think making Santa real is a good thing and a tool parents can use to get a little peace in their lives when nothing else is working.

Making Satan real has the same effect, and it's good all year.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-10-15, 14:44

Pervis Muldoon wrote:
DWags wrote:

Making Satan real has the same effect, and it's good all year.

So was my mother’s wooden spoon.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Pervis Muldoon, steveschneider and I.B. Fine like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-10-15, 15:44

MiamiSpartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Yeah, steve, and when ancient civilizations, 5,000 years ago, were telling stories about their heroes and legends, it was all because of the fucking tooth fairy, too.

I know it's taboo on the board, but I kinda agree with Steve... in this day and age, I think "magical thinking" is fucking people up quite a bit. All the fucking conspiracy theories when they have most of the real, legit facts right in front of them has to start somewhere....(probably mostly religion, but santa too.)

You gotta be trained to not believe what you see. (1/6 was a peaceful protest, vaccines are anything more than a way to stop a disease, supply side economics, etc. - many examples of magical thinking today.)
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next