Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whitmer knocks it out of the park again. 2.5 billion, 1700 job battery facility in Lansing

+11
NigelUno
Motown Spartan
Robert J Sakimano
PennSpartan
GRR Spartan
Jake from State Farm
Pervis Muldoon
AvgMSUJoe
RQA
Trapper Gus
kingstonlake
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Whitmer knocks it out of the park again. 2.5 billion, 1700 job battery facility in Lansing - Page 2 Empty Re: Whitmer knocks it out of the park again. 2.5 billion, 1700 job battery facility in Lansing

Post by PennSpartan 2021-12-16, 12:18

RQA wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Why do you think auto manufacturers like building cars in the South?

Probably the same reason leftists favor buying cars built at non-union car plants. (documentation can be provided if requested)

I have a friend who grew up in Michigan but now lives in CO. She was involved in an on-line discussion about the Kellogg strike and made the comment "growing up in a union home, I sympathize with the workers". I replied: "don't you drive a Subaru?"

Why do you suppose most of the foreign brand auto plants are located in red states? I thought those people were proud Americans? Or do they just build foreign cars and buy American?
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Whitmer knocks it out of the park again. 2.5 billion, 1700 job battery facility in Lansing - Page 2 Empty Re: Whitmer knocks it out of the park again. 2.5 billion, 1700 job battery facility in Lansing

Post by Trapper Gus 2021-12-16, 12:52

NigelUno wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Final Assembly Plants are located all over the country, and all over the globe, so not sure what you are saying is correct.

Major Tier 1 Suppliers have their plants all over the globe, too.

*some

Here are the locations by state of the Final Assembly Plants in the US, by Corporation, these do not include the recently announced locations:

GM
Texas
Kentucky
Michigan
Kansas
Michigan
Indiana
Michigan
Michigan
Michigan
Tennessee
Missouri

Ford
Michigan
Illinois
Michigan
Missouri
Kentucky
Kentucky
Michigan
Ohio

Stellantis
Illinois
Michigan
Michigan
Ohio
Michigan
Michigan

Tesla
California (former GM plant?)
Texas

Rivian
Illinois

Toyota
Kentucky
Indiana
Texas
Mississippi
Alabama

Honda
Ohio
Ohio
Alabama
Indiana

Nissan
Mississippi
Tennessee

Mazda
Alabama

Subaru
Indiana

Hyundai
Alabama

Kia
Georgia (former Ford plant?)

Volkswagen
Tennessee

Volvo
South Carolina

BMW
South Carolina

Daimler AG
South Carolina
Alabama

Hino
West Virginia
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2021-12-16, 13:32

FWIW - it looks like Tennessee & Kentucky have had a significant number of FA plants for years, the Ford & GM plants are unionized, VW wanted that for their plant too.

edit - FA plants by state

Michigan - 12
Alabama - 5
Kentucky - 4
Indiana - 4
Ohio - 4
Texas - 3
South Carolina - 3
Illinois - 3
Tennessee - 3
Mississippi - 2
Missouri - 2
Kansas - 1
California - 1
West Virgina - 1
Georgia - 1
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan 2021-12-18, 12:10

RQA wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Why do you think auto manufacturers like building cars in the South?

Probably the same reason leftists favor buying cars built at non-union car plants. (documentation can be provided if requested)

I have a friend who grew up in Michigan but now lives in CO. She was involved in an on-line discussion about the Kellogg strike and made the comment "growing up in a union home, I sympathize with the workers". I replied: "don't you drive a Subaru?"

We’re still waiting for the documentation you claim to have. RQA? RQA?
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2021-12-18, 13:15

kingstonlake wrote:Free federal power  

Penn,  I'm still waiting to hear about this free federal power from your buddy kingston. (ref: post 8, post 25)
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan 2021-12-18, 15:28

RQA wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:Free federal power  

Penn,  I'm still waiting to hear about this free federal power from your buddy kingston. (ref: post 8, post 25)
While you’re waiting, tell us about all the foreign brand assembly plants that were built in Michigan during the Snyder Governorship.
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2021-12-20, 18:53

Don't tell RQA that TVA, the supplier of electricity in the area of the GM & Ford plants, is owned by the US Government, or that the hydro powered generator plants were built as make work in the 1930's by said government.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2021-12-20, 19:33

Next up in Michigan’s economic development overhaul may be changes to how industrial sites like battery plants for electric vehicles are billed for their large-scale electricity use that dwarfs what homeowners use.

Michigan is competing for those next-generation facilities, but its industrial-priced electricity — which battery plants use in massive amounts — costs 21 percent more on average than in states also vying for the investment and jobs.

https://www.bridgemi.com/business-watch/why-electricity-rates-may-be-next-fight-michigans-bid-auto-jobs
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-12-21, 09:16

hummm... wonder which party consumer's pumps the most money into? (5:1 republicans) You'd think the republicans who are cozy with the energy companies would do something about this issue OTHER than blame the Dem gov who has NO ability to pull billions of giveaways out of her ass...

But, such is R politics.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-08-02, 09:37

https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/chrysler/2022/08/01/stellantis-dundee-engine-plant/10202131002/
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2022-08-02, 10:57

Waiting for the Yeah but.....Brigade

MI has a stable population. The automotive assembly plants are locating much closer to population centers. Like it or not a plants in AL, GA, SC are closer to growing US population areas and transportation costs for final product is a big deal.

For example population growth from 1960 (the Big 3 era) to 2020 where US branded pick up sales are the only categories in the top five. MI in '60 7.8M and 10.1M in 2020 while southern states have grown faster.

FL 5M to 21.5M;
GA 3.9M to 10.9M
NC 4.6M to 10.4M
TN 3.6M to 6.9M
TX 9.6M to 29.2M
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-09-15, 08:07

https://www.bridgemi.com/business-watch/president-joe-biden-launches-detroit-auto-show-michigan-targets-ev-growth
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2022-09-21, 16:15

Thanks Whitmer

If approved by Big Rapids Business Authority  it will go in the industrial park near the n Big Rapids Airport  Projected 500 jobs initially with up to 2000 jobs as EV demand increases.

$3.6B battery plant proposed for Big Rapids pending local approval from Business Development Authority
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-10-05, 11:46

Looks like another automotive battery plant is coming to Michigan.

Alright Big Gretch - you rock girl.

https://www.autonews.com/suppliers/our-next-energy-plans-16b-ev-battery-cell-plant-mich?utm_source=breaking-news&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20221005&utm_content=hero-readmore
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2022-10-05, 12:04

Trapper Gus wrote:Looks like another automotive battery plant is coming to Michigan.

Alright Big Gretch - you rock girl.

https://www.autonews.com/suppliers/our-next-energy-plans-16b-ev-battery-cell-plant-mich?utm_source=breaking-news&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20221005&utm_content=hero-readmore

and in the meantime our esteemed state rep Moolenar is busy trying to stop the student loan forgiveness program claiming it's going to pay off the loans of rich lawyers and people making up to $250k per year.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2022-10-05, 12:42

The Russian Quisling Agent is quick to throw around “Leftists” but he won’t move to Florida or Texas where he’d be surrounded by people who support his political heroes and idealogy

Find it amusing that under MI, under former Gov.Snyder created massive tax breaks to get SWITCH to locate a data center in the former Steelcase Pyramid.

Yet when Governor Whitmer works with Holland MI, Bg Rapids, Lansing and other locales assisting them to land battery plants and microprocessor plants creating 1000’s of jobs it’s picking winners and losers.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-10-05, 13:06

GRR Spartan wrote:The Russian Quisling Agent is quick to throw around “Leftists” but he won’t move to Florida or Texas where he’d be surrounded by people who support his political heroes and idealogy

whining is what Republicans do the best.. it's much easier than actually taking responsibility for anything.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-12-14, 09:36

Lear to build EV parts plant in Michigan to supply GM

The 120,000-square-foot plant will supply battery disconnect units for GM. Half of the facility will be dedicated to production while the rest will be used for warehousing, lab, testing and office space.

https://www.autonews.com/automakers-suppliers/lear-build-ev-parts-plant-supply-gm?utm_source=dont-miss&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20221213&utm_content=hero-headline
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2022-12-14, 09:39

[tw]1602802810177081344[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2022-12-15, 19:51

Good news in the UP whose Congressional Representative lives there 4 months of the year and in at his winter home in Louisiana far from his place in Watersmeet
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy 2022-12-16, 09:41

You guy's don't get it. This has been a culture war for years.... I'm at a birthday party last night for my sister. I happened to have a Strohs in my hand and this guy came up to me (whom I casual know) and started talking to me about how I'm ruining society because of my job (I'm in Medical Research and he somehow found out). He said "what you can't have a Bud light like the rest of us common people...gotta have that hipster strohs beer". I then noted I drove a Chevy Malibu worth around 10,000$ and he drove around a 98,000$ brand new GMC truck....I then asked how many common people would drive a truck worth over 90 grand. He blanky looked at me and stormed off. Never got eye contact the rest of the night.

You think these people really care about this stuff? No, they get mad you don't go to church or drink a different beer that upsets the cultural sensitivity they seem to habor.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Cameron and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2022-12-16, 09:46

Did you throw in that bud light also fucking sucks hopefully?
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2022-12-16, 10:19

GOAT Michigan Gov of my life.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy 2022-12-17, 06:03

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Did you throw in that bud light also fucking sucks hopefully?

No, but it does suck. I thought highlighting the 90,000 truck he drove was more appropriate. Whatever, it was an anti vaccine rant followed by how I'm an elitist or something.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-12-17, 07:31

msugolfguy wrote:You guy's don't get it. This has been a culture war for years.... I'm at a birthday party last night for my sister. I happened to have a Strohs in my hand and this guy came up to me (whom I casual know) and started talking to me about how I'm ruining society because of my job (I'm in Medical Research and he somehow found out). He said "what you can't have a Bud light like the rest of us common people...gotta have that hipster strohs beer". I then noted I drove a Chevy Malibu worth around 10,000$ and he drove around a 98,000$ brand new GMC truck....I then asked how many common people would drive a truck worth over 90 grand. He blanky looked at me and stormed off. Never got eye contact the rest of the night.

You think these people really care about this stuff? No, they get mad you don't go to church or drink a different beer that upsets the cultural sensitivity they seem to habor.

I didn’t know Stroh’s had a hipster beer reputation. I might have to start drinking it.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus and steveschneider like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2022-12-17, 07:37

NigelUno wrote:
msugolfguy wrote:You guy's don't get it. This has been a culture war for years.... I'm at a birthday party last night for my sister. I happened to have a Strohs in my hand and this guy came up to me (whom I casual know) and started talking to me about how I'm ruining society because of my job (I'm in Medical Research and he somehow found out). He said "what you can't have a Bud light like the rest of us common people...gotta have that hipster strohs beer". I then noted I drove a Chevy Malibu worth around 10,000$ and he drove around a 98,000$ brand new GMC truck....I then asked how many common people would drive a truck worth over 90 grand. He blanky looked at me and stormed off. Never got eye contact the rest of the night.

I didn’t know Stroh’s had a hipster beer reputation. I might have to start drinking it.

Last time I checked Strohs wasn’t hip. It’s cheap but not hip.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-12-17, 09:19

My grandpa drank that shit exclusively. Doesn't scream hip to me.
(Tried to steal some once that skunked from a golf day or week... Holy shit that was bad)
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-12-17, 09:21

TBF, dumbasses are usually too dumb to know trends among the hip, so anything not totally obvious is "different".

Last edited by AvgMSUJoe on 2022-12-17, 12:02; edited 1 time in total
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-12-17, 10:43

steveschneider wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Last time I checked Strohs wasn’t hip. It’s cheap but not hip.

I liked Stroh's before it was hip to drink Stroh's.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2022-12-17, 11:31

Drink Bud light like everyone else.

But don't get a vaccine like everyone else.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Other Teams Pursuing That and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-01-09, 20:31

https://www.mlive.com/public-interest/2023/01/michigan-predicted-to-dominate-ev-battery-manufacturing-after-2b-investment.html

Gov. Gretchen Whitmer and the Michigan Economic Development Corporation are revving their engines for a victory lap.

The governor’s office released a statement noting the state attracted over $14 billion in electric vehicle and battery investments while developing programs to train and employ talent in the electric vehicle and mobility sector.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2