Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This SCOTUS leak has changed my mind.

+16
NigelUno
Dendrobates
sεяεηιτλ
Turtleneck
GRR Spartan
duffy munn
Bredo Morstoel
Trapper Gus
Travis of the Cosmos
InTenSity
Motown Spartan
PennSpartan
MiamiSpartan
DWags
NumbersDude
Rocinante
20 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

This SCOTUS leak has changed my mind.  - Page 2 Empty Re: This SCOTUS leak has changed my mind.

Post by GRR Spartan 2022-05-06, 13:16

NumbersDude is to the point where he’s trolling and doesn’t care.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

This SCOTUS leak has changed my mind.  - Page 2 Empty Re: This SCOTUS leak has changed my mind.

Post by DWags 2022-05-06, 19:21

Motown Spartan wrote:
NumbersDude wrote:

I suppose I am not pro-choice enough.  

I will simplify it for him:
I am pro-freedom. People are different and have different priorities.
 The government should not limit or restrict an individuals freedoms and right of choice.
 My opinion of the federal governments role should be one that ENSURES more freedom and that the States do not infringe on individual rights.
   DWAGs has does not like me as a poster and often post to be contrarian.  And thats fine- I find it entertaining and speaks to his maturity and character.

Before dwags tries to spin it- Abortion is up the the individual not the .gov.

This has nothing to do with race. Although he will furiously try to deflect to towards race as he did already and failed.

It's not that you're not pro-choice enough. It's the fact that you have an opinion about what someone else should or shouldn't do with their body that is bullshit, let alone a woman, ANY woman. For you to be against abortion is sexist and misogynistic.

Guys like him won’t understand that they are. And yet, it’s them who type out the words we read. I honestly think he just doesn’t get how that statement is complete bullshit. I really believe that.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-05-06, 19:23

Motown Spartan wrote:
NumbersDude wrote:

What are you talking about? You are furiously trying to lump me into your stereo types. This thread meanders from abortion to gay rights to racism and now misogynist?
Wow. You are getting desperate. Or just refuse to read.
What makes me a “misogynist”?
This will be hilarious.

You're against a medical procedure. A medical procedure that you can never have. A medical procedure that is very personal and impactful to a woman, that is only the business of a woman and her doctor.

You are against something that is 100% completely none of your fucking business.

That is sexist and misogynistic.

100%
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NumbersDude 2022-05-06, 20:19

GRR Spartan wrote:NumbersDude is to the point where he’s trolling and doesn’t care.

Trolling? Not really. People should have a choice and freedom. You may not like that choice but its their body.
Now some have gone a bit overboard with the name calling and accusations, but hey thats who they are.
In summary I am pro choice, but dont have the same views as others so they call me racist, anti gay, and sexist. Lol. Think about that. Who is trolling again?
White knighting” over compensating posters.
Would you all feel better if I apologized?
This SCOTUS leak has changed my mind.  - Page 2 200.gif?cid=ddb306a5gp453fx3chc1xyt2gsuuqsn16wiyshsqmb7cni6x&rid=200
NumbersDude
NumbersDude
Spartiate

Bredo Morstoel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-05-07, 10:56

[tw]1522700999525343233?s=21[/tw]

[tw]1522576662218649602?s=21[/tw]

Last edited by Turtleneck on 2022-05-07, 11:06; edited 1 time in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-05-07, 11:05

Turtleneck wrote:[tw]1522700999525343233?s=21[/tw]

And yet, freedom loving people elect the people who give us that. None of this should be should surprise us.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Motown Spartan and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-05-07, 11:38

I just want to reprint this:

“Domestic supply of infants”

We have an American Taliban member on the court.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by sεяεηιτλ 2022-05-07, 12:00

ave a uterus, I have no idea what it’s like, but I’m dumb ass enough to say that I’m against it. Personally, I know women who hate when men take that stance.

I don't know if I'm for or against it personally because I am not a woman. But I am for the freedom of choice.

If i were a woman, i don't think I could go through with it unless it was a rape situation or some massive genetic issue. But i'm not so I don't really know.
sεяεηιτλ
sεяεηιτλ
Spartiate

NumbersDude likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NumbersDude 2022-05-07, 17:23

I am against breast augmentation, its a medical procedure usually for women. But hey if you want to have them keep them legal.

Does that make me a sexist? Lol.

NumbersDude
NumbersDude
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2022-05-07, 20:45

I have had a hard time listening to shit because it makes me so fucking angry.
More and more shit I shouldn't have to worry about with my kids future, but I have to.

What will SCOTUS do next? Ban interracial marriage? We're going fucking backwards in everything.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

DWags, gomersbro and sεяεηιτλ like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2022-05-07, 21:06

Unfucking believable
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

sεяεηιτλ likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-05-07, 21:33

duffy munn wrote:

Unfucking believable

Honestly, these sexist misogynistic pieces of shit don’t even realize they are exactly that. This goes beyond anything.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NumbersDude 2022-05-07, 21:54

DWags wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Unfucking believable

Honestly, these sexist misogynistic pieces of shit don’t even realize they are exactly that.  This goes beyond anything.

Don’t you ever get tired of being angry outraged and upset?
People are people.

There are 330 million people in America, they won’t all have the same opinion as you. Probably you should learn to deal with differences in opinion.

Do you ever consider why people have certain political and social leanings? Do you expect everyone to have the same values and priorities as you?

You come off as an angry and dissatisfied or is this place just a release for you?

I come to these sports message boards to show off my MSU prediction skills and to get the opinions of people with different political points of view.
Politically themed boards tend to be echo chambers. Thats kinda boring.
I am really trying to help you out here.
NumbersDude
NumbersDude
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2022-05-07, 22:18

NumbersDude wrote:
DWags wrote:

Honestly, these sexist misogynistic pieces of shit don’t even realize they are exactly that.  This goes beyond anything.

People are people.

There are 330 million people in America, they won’t all have the same opinion as you. Probably you should learn to deal with differences in opinion.

Do you ever consider why people have certain political and social leanings? Do you expect everyone to have the same values and priorities as you?

You come off as an angry and dissatisfied or is this place just a release for you?

I come to these sports message boards to show off my MSU prediction skills and to get the opinions of people with different political points of view.
You're posting on the political part of the board, so kinda weird message you're putting out there. 330 million people, yup, probably means that the will of less than 20% of them should be dictated to all of them. I don't care about christian taliban fundamentalist. I do consider those that have a poor education and are skeered of change to be dipshits and their opinions to be absolute shit and should be discarded. I really kinda wish that the US would break into 2 different countries. Red states can have their christian taliban and the rest of us can live in relative peace and prosperity. It would actually probably help enrichen the blue states, since they wouldn't have to keep supporting their backwards incestuous cousins anymore.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus and NumbersDude like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NumbersDude 2022-05-07, 22:26

InTenSity wrote:
NumbersDude wrote:

People are people.

You're posting on the political part of the board, so kinda weird message you're putting out there. 330 million people, yup, probably means that the will of less than 20% of them should be dictated to all of them. I don't care about christian taliban fundamentalist. I do consider those that have a poor education and are skeered of change to be dipshits and their opinions to be absolute shit and should be discarded. I really kinda wish that the US would break into 2 different countries. Red states can have their christian taliban and the rest of us can live in relative peace and prosperity. It would actually probably help enrichen the blue states, since they wouldn't have to keep supporting their backwards incestuous cousins anymore.

Fair enough. Reading through your post I am making the assumption that you live in an area that is historically conservative and you see firsthand and deal with those with extreme opposite political and social values as you ( mid west- semi rural areas.
So you over hear the conversations, perhaps some of your neighbors or coworkers have values you do not agree with.
Thats what is driving the vitriol in some of your post to the point where you want to see the separation and breaking up of America based on political views.
NumbersDude
NumbersDude
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-05-07, 22:32

NumbersDude wrote:
DWags wrote:

People are people.

You’ll need to excuse me on this subject. The three people I love and respect the most in this world happen to be females.  That you cant see they are losing choice and with that rights and autonomy over their own body is on you. But the anger I have about this, and I believe the majority of Americans do,  isn’t just on our little message board.  It’s in many places.  So you, as a male, can keep opining as much as you want. We know you’re against abortion, you’ve written it.  So be it.

Dendro. My outrage doesn’t stop here. I promise I will do everything I can to stop this madness. What Justice Barrett said earlier made the hair on my neck stand up. I won’t lose my anger or passion about this.  

De
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Dendrobates likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NumbersDude 2022-05-07, 22:40

DWags wrote:
NumbersDude wrote:

People are people.

You’ll need to excuse me on this subject. The three people I love and respect the most in this world happen to be females.  That you cant see they are losing choice and with that rights and autonomy o er their own body is in you. But the anger I have about this, and I believe the majority of Americans do,  isn’t just on our little message board.  It’s in many places.  So you, as a male, can keep opining as much as you want. We know you’re against abortion, you’ve written it.  So be it.

Dendro. My outrage doesn’t stop here. I promise I will do everything I can to stop this madness. What Justice Barrett said earlier made the hair on my neck stand up. I won’t lose my anger or passion about this.  

De

Having kids, little girls. I have one. I can see how you have a vested interest in this. My parents adopted me and raised me as their own so my point of view on other options other than abortion to include adoption could be quite different than yours.

Justice Barrett- has adopted children. Her point of view on this issue is also skewed. She is only human.
NumbersDude
NumbersDude
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-05-07, 22:50

NumbersDude wrote:
DWags wrote:

You’ll need to excuse me on this subject. The three people I love and respect the most in this world happen to be females.  That you cant see they are losing choice and with that rights and autonomy o er their own body is in you. But the anger I have about this, and I believe the majority of Americans do,  isn’t just on our little message board.  It’s in many places.  So you, as a male, can keep opining as much as you want. We know you’re against abortion, you’ve written it.  So be it.

De

Having kids, little girls. I have one. I can see how you have a vested interest in this. My parents adopted me and raised me as their own so my point of view on other options other than abortion to include adoption could be quite different than yours.

Justice Barrett- has adopted children. Her point of view on this issue is also skewed. She is only human.

She is a United States Justice of the Supreme Court.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NumbersDude 2022-05-07, 22:56

DWags wrote:
NumbersDude wrote:

Its a job she has. Everyone will make decisions interpreting things- the law in her case, based on her education, background and life experiences. Should she? No, justice should be blind.
I don’t hold political figures, famous people and so on to a higher standard. They are only people like you and me with flaws.
She probably sees her beautiful Haitian adopted children whenever she makes a decision. And she would do anything just like you and me to protect them.
You might view her actions as limiting choice, which it is. But she might see her decisions as saving children, children just like hers.
NumbersDude
NumbersDude
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-05-07, 22:59

NumbersDude wrote:
DWags wrote:

Its a job she has. Everyone will make decisions interpreting things- the law in her case, based on her education, background and life experiences. Should she? No, justice should be blind.
I don’t hold political figures, famous people and so on to a higher standard. They are only people like you and me with flaws.
She probably sees her beautiful Haitian adopted children whenever she makes a decision. And she would do anything just like you and me to protect them.
You might view her actions as limiting choice, which it is. But she might see her decisions as saving children, children just like hers.

Saving children? “The U.S.needs a domestic supply of infants”.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NumbersDude 2022-05-07, 23:04

DWags wrote:
NumbersDude wrote:

Think about it. She has adopted children from Haiti. On its face, it does not sound good. It could be worded, adoption is also an option and alternative to termination of a pregnancy.
NumbersDude
NumbersDude
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2022-05-07, 23:30

NumbersDude wrote:
DWags wrote:

Think about it. She has adopted children from Haiti. On its face, it does not sound good. It could be worded, adoption is also an option and alternative to termination of a pregnancy.
WTF does her having adopted kids from Haiti have to do with her over turning RvW? She's a Gilead hack and some type of fundamentalist. Her personal views are not supposed to influence law, cept she did and she's a taliban christian. Fuck her.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron, duffy munn, gomersbro, Trapper Gus and sεяεηιτλ like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NumbersDude 2022-05-07, 23:45

InTenSity wrote:
NumbersDude wrote:

WTF does her having adopted kids from Haiti have to do with her over turning RvW? She's a Gilead hack and some type of fundamentalist. Her personal views are not supposed to influence law, cept she did and she's a taliban christian. Fuck her.

Her religious upbringing, her adopted children, she sees that reducing abortion might equate to more children in the US available to adopt. Thats me guessing on why she has a certain stance on an issue like abortion.
Instead of being angry at a persons decisions, I try to understand why and what factors lead to someones decisions.
You might not like it, or not agree with it, but try to understand why people do things. Get to know them a little before passing judgement on them. Or not. Its your choice.
NumbersDude
NumbersDude
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NumbersDude 2022-05-08, 00:21

Getting back on subject.
The SC possible ruling would revert abortion laws back to the states.
1. Congress which the democrats control the house, senate, and white house could draft a law ensuring abortion rights nationally.
NumbersDude
NumbersDude
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-05-08, 07:16

NumbersDude wrote:Getting back on subject.
The SC possible ruling would revert abortion laws back to the states.
1. Congress which the democrats control the house, senate, and white house could draft a law ensuring abortion rights nationally.

Except they are Supreme Court justices. And 3 of them absolutely 100% lied during their hearings in regards to Roe V Wade.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-05-08, 07:57

NumbersDude wrote:
DWags wrote:

However, her job is to be a Supreme Court Justice, which has a set of strict boundaries which the leaked opinion pretty much craps all over.  It isn't even nuance.  The opinion uses false arguments about words "in the Constitution" and writings from before anyone but English Nobility had the privilege to vote or any Rights.

She (They) is (are) absolutely not supposed to use her (their) "feelings" instead of following the law, and this opinion doesn't follow the Constitution or the law.

As the TLTR link points out, using the logic or "words written in the Constitution" means that White Men do not have the Right to vote at all, while Women do.  Just one example of the falseness of that logic.  There are others in the linked article.

Too Long to Read Explanation of How Bad the Altio Opinion Is

edit - another thing to note, Roe was decided 7-2. Four Republican Justices and three Democratic Justices vote for Roe, one each Dem/Rep voted against it. It wasn't a liberal court or a politically split decision. The current court, if they stick to this abomination of an opinion is 5-4, which the court tries to avoid on major opinions, and this vote is split in a partisan manner. Although it has been clear since Bush v Gore, this court is totally broken.

Last edited by Trapper Gus on 2022-05-08, 08:16; edited 1 time in total
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-05-08, 08:11

Not too much longer.

[tw]1521966837591908353?s=21&t=9nrDVyMDgBOsOpQ4IFY2Dg[/tw]
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Motown Spartan and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2022-05-08, 08:35

NumbersDude wrote:
DWags wrote:

People are people.

Jesus dude. STFU
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-05-08, 08:42

Why don’t republicans like sex between two consenting adults (or more) as recreational fun? Especially if it has nothing to do with them? Wait, maybe I’ve answered my own question. Hmmm

[tw]1523073713427550208?s=21&t=9nrDVyMDgBOsOpQ4IFY2Dg[/tw]
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2022-05-08, 08:48

DWags wrote:Why don’t republicans like sex between two consenting adults (or more) as recreational fun? Especially if it has nothing to do with them? Wait, maybe I’ve answered my own question. Hmmm

Republicans can only rape their way to sex and they need more white babies.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-05-08, 08:52

DWags wrote:Why don’t republicans like sex between two consenting adults (or more) as recreational fun? Especially if it has nothing to do with them? Wait, maybe I’ve answered my own question. Hmmm

I'm afraid they have never progressed beyond a high school level interpretation of Sigmund Freud's ideas.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NumbersDude 2022-05-08, 09:20

Trapper Gus wrote:

I'm afraid they have never progressed beyond a high school level interpretation of Sigmund Freud's ideas.

Good thing the Governor of Louisiana is a democrat
NumbersDude
NumbersDude
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NumbersDude 2022-05-08, 09:22

duffy munn wrote:
NumbersDude wrote:

People are people.

Jesus dude. STFU

Not heeeeereeeee. People are engaging in discussion and this is what you have to add.
NumbersDude
NumbersDude
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NumbersDude 2022-05-08, 09:29

Trapper Gus wrote:
NumbersDude wrote:

However, her job is to be a Supreme Court Justice, which has a set of strict boundaries which the leaked opinion pretty much craps all over.  It isn't even nuance.  The opinion uses false arguments about words "in the Constitution" and writings from before anyone but English Nobility had the privilege to vote or any Rights.

She (They) is (are) absolutely not supposed to use her (their) "feelings" instead of following the law, and this opinion doesn't follow the Constitution or the law.

As the TLTR link points out, using the logic or "words written in the Constitution" means that White Men do not have the Right to vote at all, while Women do.  Just one example of the falseness of that logic.  There are others in the linked article.

edit - another thing to note, Roe was decided 7-2. Four Republican Justices and three Democratic Justices vote for Roe, one each Dem/Rep voted against it. It wasn't a liberal court or a politically split decision. The current court, if they stick to this abomination of an opinion is 5-4, which the court tries to avoid on major opinions, and this vote is split in a partisan manner. Although it has been clear since Bush v Gore, this court is totally broken.

Trapper. I am not defending her, I am trying to guess why she would have that type of decision.

Even if RvW is overturned the issue then reverts to the states.
NumbersDude
NumbersDude
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-05-08, 09:30

NumbersDude wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Good thing the Governor of Louisiana is a democrat

This SCOTUS leak has changed my mind.  - Page 2 4b0f8a10
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-05-08, 09:32

Why are Republicans on this board against recreational sex among consenting adults?

I’m legitimately curious. Don’t say you aren’t. We really want to know.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NumbersDude 2022-05-08, 10:06

After reading more into what is going on in Louisiana, that tweet is misleading and not accurate. IUDs are not listed in that anti abortion bill at all.
The bill makes mention of making devices that end a pregnancy after a heartbeat is detected.

But my point is that its a poorly written law and compounds my view that government should be limited to ensure rights and freedoms not take them away. That includes abortion.

That tweet was designed to whip up the emotions of the base. In that regard it was effective, not completely accurate.
Dont take the bait.
NumbersDude
NumbersDude
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NumbersDude 2022-05-08, 10:08

DWags wrote:Why are Republicans on this board against recreational sex among consenting adults?

I’m legitimately curious. Don’t say you aren’t. We really want to know.

Because they hate freedom and want to force their values and their sense of morality upon you.

That can be said for all extreme political zealots
NumbersDude
NumbersDude
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2022-05-08, 10:33

I'm so glad I got my fallopian tubes removed.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-05-08, 10:40

NumbersDude wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Trapper. I am not defending her, I am trying to guess why she would have that type of decision.

Even if RvW is overturned the issue then reverts to the states.

I can see no reason in which her probity to the law or to what she said under oath to Congress during her conformation hearings is not totally compromised.

The reasons you have provided are her personal feelings, which are not and do not count if you are a judge. The law counts, and the circumstances of the case, for justice. In this case she has neither on her side.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next