Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Working from Home and Worker Productivity

+12
msugolfguy
Motown Spartan
Dendrobates
Other Teams Pursuing That
Cameron
RQA
kingstonlake
InTenSity
MiamiSpartan
PennSpartan
Travis of the Cosmos
Trapper Gus
16 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Working from Home and Worker Productivity - Page 5 Empty Re: Working from Home and Worker Productivity

Post by PennSpartan 11/11/22, 08:33 am

MiamiSpartan wrote:
PennSpartan wrote:
I like how you dodge the questions.
There wasn't a question in that post. Working from Home and Worker Productivity - Page 5 2599972566
Dodge LOL. So productive!
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Working from Home and Worker Productivity - Page 5 Empty Re: Working from Home and Worker Productivity

Post by Trapper Gus 18/11/22, 09:51 am

Working from Home and Worker Productivity - Page 5 Screen65

Another trend which was happening before covid which has been accelerated by covid.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 18/11/22, 09:54 am

Trapper Gus wrote:Working from Home and Worker Productivity - Page 5 Screen65

Another trend which was happening before covid which has been accelerated by covid.

Good! Convert them to high density housing and slow sprawl in all of our cities.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 18/11/22, 10:34 am

Motown Spartan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:Working from Home and Worker Productivity - Page 5 Screen65

Good! Convert them to high density housing and slow sprawl in all of our cities.

Former Lake Trust headquarters converted to apartments in downtown Lansing

"A former office building now includes 55 apartments and the newly renovated former headquarters of Lake Trust Credit Union could show what's possible for residential development in downtown Lansing, officials said.

Launched before the pandemic, the $17 million City View project that remade a six-story concrete office building now has a new importance: Can it be a model repeated throughout downtown as a office space − a million square feet, according to a fresh estimate from Mayor Andy Schor's office − sits vacant and city leaders try to pull population downtown?"
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 30/11/22, 09:17 am

I was talking to a mostly work from home family member who made a really good point I hadn’t considered. Some probably won’t like it.

Back when everyone worked from offices all day, there were certain people that were really good at looking busy. They wouldnt actually accomplish much. But everyone including the bosses could see them look like they were getting so much done and they could get ahead using that sleight of hand to make it look like they were productive. that’s all gone with work from home. There’s no one to pretend like you’re busy in front of- either you’re getting your job done, or you’re not, and there isnt a way to fake it. People who aren’t used to not really having to do any work because of offices probably don’t like work from home much.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 13/12/22, 09:23 am

The Atlantic wrote:Musk’s logic—that wayward leftism has given a lifelong moderate liberal no choice but to support right-wing causes—is a common trope among far-right activists. It has been employed by many in the so-called Intellectual Dark Web and influencers such as Dave Rubin, Joe Rogan, Glenn Greenwald, and others. The argument stretches far back in American politics. The neoconservative movement in the United States was originated by liberals who grew disillusioned with the Democratic Party, especially in relation to the left’s Vietnam protests.

Penn would be right there with him, though not to the point of supporting Republicans.

This, as Mush and all the other RWNJ's know, is bull shit.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 17/12/22, 09:47 am

And here the Yglesias-Silver-Barro wing of the punditry would have us believe that covid caution is a product of anxious highly educated liberals working from home and wanting to enforce their way of life on others. Instead, the people whose behavior is most likely to be affected by their ongoing concern about covid are … the people who work or have worked at jobs that require a lot of face-to-face interactions without opportunities for precautions. The people who would most struggle to pay medical bills. The people most likely to have preexisting conditions. The people most likely to be caregivers for vulnerable loved ones.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2022/12/13/2141379/-COVID-19-fears-are-keeping-people-out-of-the-workforce-in-a-stereotype-busting-way
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 17/12/22, 11:07 am

My not going to an office has virtually nothing to do with covid. Working from home didn’t start in 2020.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 17/12/22, 12:04 pm

I can be just as unproductive at the office as I can be at home.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 17/12/22, 12:09 pm

Motown Spartan wrote:I can be just as unproductive at the office as I can be at home.
In fact, I'm less productive at the office because being present seems like some of the point. Once you are there, they can't bitch because it's obvious you are "working".
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 02/01/23, 09:05 am

[tw]1609750623112536064[/tw]
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 16/06/23, 11:53 am

This is so true. If you ever wondered what TOTC looks like, here ya go

[tw]1669649093461786624[/tw]

people that own commercial real estate are so desperate, it’s hilarious. Every week there is some new insane claim to get people in offices. Sorry that you lack foresight, but working from home didn’t start in 2020. It was always there and while the slow burn of people fleeing offices took off in 2020, it was always going to get to where it is eventually.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 16/06/23, 11:54 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
PennSpartan wrote:
It’s political because progressives like you stereotype everyone.    

This sentence is incredible. It just can’t be overstated how amazing this is. Every word of it is perfect. I don’t want to change a thing. If there were a museum for things people have said in the internet, this would deserve to be in there.
I’ll never let this thread get bumped without also bumping my favorite post of all time
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron, Motown Spartan and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 16/06/23, 12:04 pm

Word on the street is a commercial real estate collapse is imminent. I'm sure the bailout will rattle the anti student debt relief types to the bone.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 16/06/23, 12:09 pm

kingstonlake wrote:Word on the street is a commercial real estate collapse is imminent. I'm sure the bailout will rattle the anti student debt relief types to the bone.
If they wanted to make money to support their family they shouldn’t have picked a dying profession Kingston. Let ‘em starve not my problem
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

TravelinMan and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 16/06/23, 12:12 pm

This sentence is incredible. It just can’t be overstated how amazing this is. Every word of it is perfect. I don’t want to change a thing. If there were a museum for things people have said in the internet, this would deserve to be in there.
I’ll never let this thread get bumped without also bumping my favorite post of all time

It's pure fucking poetry in every sense. Thank you for the bump!
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Travis of the Cosmos and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 16/06/23, 12:50 pm

kingstonlake wrote:Word on the street is a commercial real estate collapse is imminent. I'm sure the bailout will rattle the anti student debt relief types to the bone.
If they wanted to make money to support their family they shouldn’t have picked a dying profession Kingston. Let ‘em starve not my problem

Working from Home and Worker Productivity - Page 5 200.gif?cid=ddb306a5d76u29ym63adg8fqffxl6wu961sqzyi5pwmm4sg9&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 19/06/23, 01:30 pm

The city of Detroit is losing a ton of tax revenue with people working from home. Be interesting to see how that is handled going forward.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 19/06/23, 03:38 pm

TravelinMan wrote:The city of Detroit is losing a ton of tax revenue with people working from home. Be interesting to see how that is handled going forward.

Are they able to claim they don't work in the city even though their office is there?
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 19/06/23, 04:05 pm

Trapper Gus wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:The city of Detroit is losing a ton of tax revenue with people working from home. Be interesting to see how that is handled going forward.

Are they able to claim they don't work in the city even though their office is there?

Correct. If you don’t physically work in Detroit, you don’t pay Detroit taxes. You pay local taxes (if any) of where you physically work.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 28/06/23, 08:15 am

Truckers Can't Work From Home, Who Knew?

Bosses are Dumb
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 15/07/23, 08:19 am

[tw]1679642136222875654[/tw]

Working from Home and Worker Productivity - Page 5 200.gif?cid=ddb306a5ic0exuzlq81s15uxgk7o6k906oc3e4xwx1mos0mg&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 15/07/23, 08:24 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:[tw]1679642136222875654[/tw]

Working from Home and Worker Productivity - Page 5 200.gif?cid=ddb306a5ic0exuzlq81s15uxgk7o6k906oc3e4xwx1mos0mg&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200

Lots of businesses have office buildings as a capital asset on their balance sheets.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 15/07/23, 08:31 am

Trapper Gus wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:[tw]1679642136222875654[/tw]

Lots of businesses have office buildings as a capital asset on their balance sheets.
They’re mostly leases owned by real estate developers
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 15/07/23, 09:15 am

Trapper Gus wrote:

They’re mostly leases owned by real estate developers

Maybe in New York, I've never looked hard at that, out here is "fly over country" it is a different story.  Some companies alternate between establishing shell companies from which they "lease" their buildings and owning the buildings outright, for tax avoidance purposes, but those shell companies are financed via the companies who are leasing the buildings.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 15/07/23, 10:02 am

Yes. Smaller companies will generally use real estate holding companies. I do not think that that is whom the article is referring to.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 15/07/23, 11:00 am

My employer plays that shell game. Now that student loan forgiveness was squashed maybe we can afford a few more tax breaks and loop holes for them to exploit.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5