Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Voted. In person.

+15
Jake from State Farm
PennSpartan
RQA
AvgMSUJoe
InTenSity
Trapper Gus
msugolfguy
Floyd Robertson
MiamiSpartan
Travis of the Cosmos
Motown Spartan
Cameron
Rick Saunders
Robert J Sakimano
NigelUno
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Voted.  In person. - Page 2 Empty Re: Voted. In person.

Post by NigelUno 2022-11-08, 21:30

Trapper Gus wrote:
NigelUno wrote:Was quick. No real line. Was a cop sitting outside in his cruiser.

I could see how filling out the form might slow things down a bit when/if it gets crowded.

This bothers me. A police POS sitting at a polling place could be voter supression.

May have been there to protect the workers. Was a big church parking lot. I doubt most people even saw him.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

PennSpartan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-11-09, 01:33

1153 pm. Absolutely awesome on those students for waiting. Unacceptable that they’d have to.

[tw]1590205937091956738[/tw]
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano and tGreenWay like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-11-09, 01:46

Update- according to lsj the last student voted at a little after midnight. Waited in line for 4 hours.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-11-09, 05:46

NigelUno wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

This bothers me. A police POS sitting at a polling place could be voter supression.

May have been there to protect the workers. Was a big church parking lot. I doubt most people even saw him.

Guy who works for me also works the St Clair Shores elections. He had to call the police in 2020 because a MAGA guy came in screaming different stuff threaysome workers. He was obviously crazy. However, he told me they were going to have a police presence at some precincts this year. I haven’t spoken with him yet but am curious as to how it went.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy 2022-11-09, 05:58

DWags wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Guy who works for me also works the St Clair Shores elections. He had to call the police in 2020 because a MAGA guy came in screaming different stuff threaysome workers. He was obviously crazy. However, he told me they were going to have a police presence at some precincts this year. I haven’t spoken with him yet but am curious as to how it went.

There were police at a lot of Precincts this year. Once again and let me hammer this home....something they shouldn't need to do...at all.....ever.

My buddy and I were curious and I'd say 25 out of 26 I drove past had one. I was curious about Detroit since I work downtown and they had up to 3 cars in each lot.

Wake up guys.... this isn't normal and someone has to hammer this tomorrow. Because they should be doing their real jobs.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-11-09, 07:13

sεяεηιτλ wrote:
the form and gave me a card to vote with.

Voted electronically. Ballot was printed when done.

Then gave card to another guy and they scanned/copied my ballot (and made sure the counter on the scanner went up by 1).

I do that too, oddly enough.  But it hasn't really mattered since i've been of voting age.  Almost got sucked into the ron paul craze years ago though.  

Even if the votes are lopsided, it always matters if you vote.

Local elections matter more for you than the state ot national and these are often closer.

Last edited by Trapper Gus on 2022-11-09, 07:55; edited 1 time in total
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Rick Saunders likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-11-09, 07:53

msugolfguy wrote:
DWags wrote:

There were police at a lot of Precincts this year. Once again and let me hammer this home....something they shouldn't need to do...at all.....ever.

My buddy and I were curious and I'd say 25 out of 26 I drove past had one. I was curious about Detroit since I work downtown and they had up to 3 cars in each lot.

Wake up guys.... this isn't normal and someone has to hammer this tomorrow. Because they should be doing their real jobs.
It’s possible some were off duty and hired as security (like the ones that direct traffic at big churches on Sundays).
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-11-09, 09:29

msugolfguy wrote:

uh.. Cause they're cops a dbags like this guys are intimidating voters at polling places and cops are supposed to protect and server us to keep them away? I suppose I'm confused at the anger. There was a credible threat that red hat deniers might fk with shit and they were making their presence seen?
Voted.  In person. - Page 2 ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIF
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-11-09, 09:43

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
msugolfguy wrote:

uh.. Cause they're cops a dbags like this guys are intimidating voters at polling places and cops are supposed to protect and server us to keep them away? I suppose I'm confused at the anger. There was a credible threat that red hat deniers might fk with shit and they were making their presence seen?

Police presence, while probably not as intimidating as the guy in the picture, still can cause some voters, especially African American voters, to stay away from polling places, due to their desire to never have contact with the police, since the police are known to target African Americans for "walking".

Thus, the concern.

Maybe with all the voting options in Proposal 2 in Michigan at least this will be less of an issue.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy 2022-11-09, 10:01

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
msugolfguy wrote:

My problem is that there was even a threat. Imagine if we saw this in say Germany...we'd all go shit that's fucked up.

It has been briefly accepted here. I'm seeing many of my ultra conservative family members back off the election was rigged stuff. They see it as a losing moment at this point. Maybe it'll come back.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-11-09, 10:05

msugolfguy wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:

My problem is that there was even a threat. Imagine if we saw this in say Germany...we'd all go shit that's fucked up.

It has been briefly accepted here. I'm seeing many of my ultra conservative family members back off the election was rigged stuff. They see it as a losing moment at this point. Maybe it'll come back.

There is a long, Republican, history on voter intimidation at Democratic leaning polling places.

The Republican Party was placed under court order, 20 or 30 years ago, limited what they could do. That order expired and was not renewed for the 2020 election, but this election is the first one where they are going all in on it again.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2