Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Neera Tanden gets voted down for OMB leader. Why?

+11
InTenSity
Turtleneck
kingstonlake
Heat Miser
Travis of the Cosmos
AvgMSUJoe
GRR Spartan
Cameron
steveschneider
Rocinante
DWags
15 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Neera Tanden gets voted down for OMB leader. Why? Empty Neera Tanden gets voted down for OMB leader. Why?

Post by DWags 2021-02-19, 16:42

Her fucking tweets. Tweeted her way out of OMB. Cool.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Neera Tanden gets voted down for OMB leader. Why? Empty Re: Neera Tanden gets voted down for OMB leader. Why?

Post by DWags 2021-02-19, 16:46

Joe Manchin might become the most powerful senator
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Neera Tanden gets voted down for OMB leader. Why? Empty Re: Neera Tanden gets voted down for OMB leader. Why?

Post by Rocinante 2021-02-19, 16:49

Cool nominate someone more progressive.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-02-19, 16:53

Whoever they nominate, take their phone.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-02-19, 17:02

Rocinante wrote:Cool nominate someone more progressive.

She was the most progressive person ever nominated for the position. Far left just can't handle that she supported HC over Bernie.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2021-02-19, 17:26

steveschneider wrote:
Rocinante wrote:Cool nominate someone more progressive.

She was the most progressive person ever nominated for the position. Far left just can't handle that she supported HC over Bernie.

Sorry. Is the far left not voting for her? Must have missed that.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2021-02-19, 18:22

Far left Joe Manchin is at it again.

Fucking steve...
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-02-19, 18:46

I was just calling out the haters.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-02-19, 18:47

Cameron wrote:Far left Joe Manchin is at it again.

Fucking steve...

I'm sure your home girl Krystal Ball will make a video lambasting Joe Manchin soon...pfft not!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-02-19, 19:59

To the OPs question or why I think I have the answer. She talked shit on twitter and a different set of rules apply to women.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2021-02-19, 20:28

DWags is correct on the double standard and Manchin WVA (D) is from a state that doesn't like uppity women.

Every Biden nominee needs to review the career of Cheif Justice Earl Warren and how he conducted himself to get a lifetime appointment to The SCOTUS.

Say as little as possible since unlike Republicans the Democrats alway have a few legislators who won't march in lockstep.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-02-19, 20:30

Got voted down cause hypocrisy.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-02-19, 22:44

Let’s not overlook the fact that neera tanden suuuuuuuucks and literally everyone knows that

She was nominated to throw meat at the republicans. Give them one obvious person to key their anger on so biden can go ahead and confirm everyone else. It pretty much works with the republicans anytime it’s tried. Just give them and their festering wound of a media ecosystem one obvious enemy to latch onto and do everything else you want to while they drag that enemy into their hole clutched in their rabid, foul jowls.

Besides, who cares there are plenty of qualified people to fill that role. Neera tanden wasn’t rolling in here making some big difference at OMB that 100 other people couldn’t also make.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2021-02-19, 23:14

steveschneider wrote:
Cameron wrote:Far left Joe Manchin is at it again.

Fucking steve...

I'm sure your home girl Krystal Ball will make a video lambasting Joe Manchin soon...pfft not!
I can never tell when you are saying incorrect things on purpose, but I can assure you that Krystal and many others have had plenty of criticism for Manchin on many occasions.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-02-20, 03:09

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Let’s not overlook the fact that neera tanden suuuuuuuucks and literally everyone knows that

She was nominated to throw meat at the republicans. Give them one obvious person to key their anger on so biden can go ahead and confirm everyone else. It pretty much works with the republicans anytime it’s tried. Just give them and their festering wound of a media ecosystem one obvious enemy to latch onto and do everything else you want to while they drag that enemy into their hole clutched in their rabid, foul jowls.

Besides, who cares there are plenty of qualified people to fill that role. Neera tanden wasn’t rolling in here making some big difference at OMB that 100 other people couldn’t also make.

Yesterday was a great day for brogressives.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-02-20, 07:19

Cameron wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I can never tell when you are saying incorrect things on purpose, but I can assure you that Krystal and many others have had plenty of criticism for Manchin on many occasions.

He had no idea who neera tanden was until 2 months ago and he has even less of an idea what the OMB director does but I assure you his takes on this matter will be ripping.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-02-20, 07:20

In other words, this would be another wonderful opportunity for some to offer a grand “who cares” and say nothing at all on the topic but some are just incapable of that
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-02-22, 13:22

https://twitter.com/presssec/status/1363845960502280201?s=21

Joe isn’t withdrawing Neera’s nomination.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2021-02-22, 13:31

steveschneider wrote:https://twitter.com/presssec/status/1363845960502280201?s=21

Joe isn’t withdrawing Neera’s nomination.

As Travis says, she distracts tWingnuts from the other nominations. No reason to withdraw yet.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-02-22, 13:54

Half of me says you withdraw her nomination on grounds she is a POS.

The other half knows Democrats are pussies and this moral high ground has no place in current politics.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-02-22, 14:19

Collins was not concerned with Kavanaugh's temperament, and for four years was never more than "concerned" with the president's lack of experience or temperament. Hard to believe she was reelected. Proof of the incumbent advantage, I guess.

[tw]1363815624154177537?s=20[/tw]
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-02-23, 20:43

Put Rocket in.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-02-23, 20:49

Put marble and Bingham back in.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2021-02-23, 21:35

Fucking steve...
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

MiamiSpartan, InTenSity and steveschneider like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2021-02-23, 21:55

Lmao
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-02-23, 22:12

This is probably a good place to make this announcement.

I'm announcing my return to politics and intend to do some posting over the next couple of weeks.

After a week or so off tomorrow I'm going to get a bran muffin, drink a coffee and read the NYT. I haven't read the NYT in a few weeks but I'm going to scour front page and will be right in here weighing in.

PS: I'm also going to get a trial subscription to the Washington Post.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

DWags and Turtleneck like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-02-24, 00:38

steveschneider wrote:This is probably a good place to make this announcement.

I'm announcing my return to politics and intend to do some posting over the next couple of weeks.

After a week or so off tomorrow I'm going to get a bran muffin, drink a coffee and read the NYT. I haven't read the NYT in a few weeks but I'm going to scour front page and will be right in here weighing in.

Fucking political Steve.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-02-24, 06:45

Steve, enough with these threats and intimidation efforts to try to keep people away from tBin.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron, DWags and steveschneider like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-02-24, 07:26

MiamiSpartan wrote:

Steve, enough with these threats and intimidation efforts to try to keep people away from tBin.

My intent was to give a good promotional teaser. I look forward to discussing the current issues with the group.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2021-02-24, 07:49

I just signed up for the Lansing State Journal, 6 months for $1. I'm gonna be an effing expert on everything in a matter of days.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

DWags, Turtleneck and steveschneider like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-02-24, 07:58

Jake from State Farm wrote:

I just signed up for the Lansing State Journal, 6 months for $1. I'm gonna be an effing expert on everything in a matter of days.

Hey good for you for supporting a local paper. I would here but our paper is so beyond repair there’s no hope for it.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2021-02-24, 08:50

Did you get Graham Couch as your personal customer service rep?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2021-02-24, 09:11

Floyd Robertson wrote:

No, Stephanie Angel sent me a "I'm glad you're here" email though, but she did spell Jake wrong.

I'm glad you're here.
Hi Jack!
At the Lansing State Journal, we're dedicated to providing fair, accurate, in-depth reporting that matters to those who call Greater Lansing home. It's quality reporting you can't find from any other local news source.
From our coverage of Michigan State University's handling of sexual assaults on campus to our investigative work related to the safety of Michigan's most vulnerable children, the LSJ is your eyes and ears. We bring you the latest in MSU sports analysis as well as where to find the newest restaurants. We are the unequivocal news and information leader in Greater Lansing.
We're relying more than ever before on our subscribers to do this vital work. My newsroom and I thank you sincerely for supporting local journalism.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2021-02-24, 09:59

Floyd Robertson wrote:

No, Stephanie Angel sent me a "I'm glad you're here" email though, but she did spell Jake wrong.

I'm glad you're here.
Hi Jack!
At the Lansing State Journal, we're dedicated to providing fair, accurate, in-depth reporting that matters to those who call Greater Lansing home. It's quality reporting you can't find from any other local news source.
From our coverage of Michigan State University's handling of sexual assaults on campus to our investigative work related to the safety of Michigan's most vulnerable children, the LSJ is your eyes and ears. We bring you the latest in MSU sports analysis as well as where to find the newest restaurants. We are the unequivocal news and information leader in Greater Lansing.
We're relying more than ever before on our subscribers to do this vital work. My newsroom and I thank you sincerely for supporting local journalism.

Nice. A dollar for 6 months is a ridiculously new low. It would take a separate thread to discuss the local newspaper business, but you have to wonder how many $1 subscriptions they need to drive cash flow, because the retention rate has to be really, really low after the introductory period. My own experience with the NYT was that after a year of $4/month I was ready to walk when they wanted to charge me full price, and when I did walk they were happy to keep me at $4/month for another year.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2021-02-24, 10:13

Floyd Robertson wrote:

I'm glad you're here.
Hi Jack!

Nice. A dollar for 6 months is a ridiculously new low. It would take a separate thread to discuss the local newspaper business, but you have to wonder how many $1 subscriptions they need to drive cash flow, because the retention rate has to be really, really low after the introductory period. My own experience with the NYT was that after a year of $4/month I was ready to walk when they wanted to charge me full price, and when I did walk they were happy to keep me at $4/month for another year.

It goes up to $99/year after the six months. I'll have to wait and see what they offer because you have to call before the six months are up to cancel. You can't cancel online.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-02-24, 10:14

I will say though I think the silence speaks volumes about the brogressive movement. Her confirmation would be a win for progressives and they are sitting around with their thumbs up their asses. They hate Neera and I just don't understand why.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2021-02-24, 10:17

Floyd Robertson wrote:

It goes up to $99/year after the six months. I'll have to wait and see what they offer because you have to call before the six months are up to cancel. You can't cancel online.

I had an LSJ subscription for a football season at an introductory rate a few years ago. I remember not being able to cancel online now that you mention it. Very shady practice.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2021-02-24, 10:30

Floyd Robertson wrote:

I had an LSJ subscription for a football season at an introductory rate a few years ago. I remember not being able to cancel online now that you mention it. Very shady practice.

It is a shady newspaper. My son had a paper route with them several years ago and they were always overcharging him for newspapers.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-02-24, 10:58

steveschneider wrote:I will say though I think the silence speaks volumes about the brogressive movement. Her confirmation would be a win for progressives and they are sitting around with their thumbs up their asses. They hate Neera and I just don't understand why.

Well, it could be the outing of a sexual harassment victim

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.buzzfeednews.com/amphtml/sarahmimms/center-for-american-progress-staff-shocked-after-neera

Or the assault

https://www.google.com/amp/s/observer.com/2019/04/neera-tanden-pushed-journalist-hillary-clinton-iraq-war/amp/

Or it could be suggesting that another country pay for us to bomb them

https://www.libyanexpress.com/make-libyans-pay-for-bombing-them/

Or hell it could just be the time that she called for cutting social security making her basically a Republican.

Really you can take your pick. She’s a bad person steve, it goes well beyond the popular “mean tweets” hot take, and you do not have to continue to defend her if you don’t want. You could not hit that reply button to this post. You could just let it go away and be satisfied with any other OMB director. You won’t. But you could.

Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2021-02-24, 11:01

steveschneider wrote:I will say though I think the silence speaks volumes about the brogressive movement. Her confirmation would be a win for progressives and they are sitting around with their thumbs up their asses. They hate Neera and I just don't understand why.
Why do you think Neera Tanden would be a win for progressives? As far as I'm aware, she opposes M4A and hates Bernie. Why should the left wing of the party like her? Because some blue check mark said so?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next