Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Future Debt Ceiling Hostage crisis

+11
TravelinMan
sεяεηιτλ
Rick Saunders
Cameron
Robert J Sakimano
GRR Spartan
RQA
Floyd Robertson
Trapper Gus
Motown Spartan
AvgMSUJoe
15 posters

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Future Debt Ceiling Hostage crisis - Page 2 Empty Re: Future Debt Ceiling Hostage crisis

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-05-08, 15:48

Trapper Gus wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I'd prefer to witness what they do vs. some sanitized version of who they claim to be.

like the Republican party.. I suspect if you looked them up, they'd tell you that they're good christians who believe in the sanctity of human life while upholding the Constitution and working tirelessly to promote freedom for all across the fruited plain.

My experience is that they are agnostics or atheists.
The "drink stirrers" are... the "enablers" are brainwashed via "christian" sects to think 'merican govt equivalent to theology/religious/moral thought. That's how the evil ones hold power. And if there were a hell, they would all be in it. (but there probably isn't, so they are just evil immoral fucks duping morons.)
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Future Debt Ceiling Hostage crisis - Page 2 Empty Re: Future Debt Ceiling Hostage crisis

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-05-08, 19:45

Trapper Gus wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I'd prefer to witness what they do vs. some sanitized version of who they claim to be.

like the Republican party.. I suspect if you looked them up, they'd tell you that they're good christians who believe in the sanctity of human life while upholding the Constitution and working tirelessly to promote freedom for all across the fruited plain.

aren't they the ones treading across government-funded roads while displaying flags and stickers saying "don't tread on me"?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-05-08, 20:27

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

aren't they the ones treading across government-funded roads while displaying flags and stickers saying "don't tread on me"?

Those kooks are a bit more militant than the Libertarians, though not always.

It is interesting is a way that the far right & far left both want to do away with the police, though.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2023/05/08/waco-jeff-guinn-waco-rising-kevin-cook-book-review-homegrown-jeffrey-toobin

What caused this? Two scholars of nineties violence, the historian Kathleen Belew and the sociologist Stuart A. Wright, point to militarization, not just of law enforcement but of civilians, too. After the Vietnam War, the weapons and tactics of war flowed into domestic life. In her book “Bring the War Home,” Belew describes political violence in the U.S. as the “catastrophic ricochet” of fighting abroad.

Locking people up was nothing new. But, by the nineties, the line that the United States had long drawn between its police and its military was badly blurred. Police departments relied increasingly on units, such as swat teams, that used military weapons, vehicles, equipment, outfits, and tactics.

Gun advocates warned of a tyrannical state using black helicopters to subdue the populace, thus turning “black helicopters” into shorthand for unhinged paranoia. But it’s not paranoia if they really are out to get you, and the helicopters, at least, were real—some flew over Waco. Sherry writes that, by the eighties, the wall separating the police from the military had already crumbled to the point where helicopters were “swooping down on alleged California pot growers,” some “blaring Wagner’s ‘Ride of the Valkyries.’ ”

There is a long history of law enforcement besieging and attacking U.S. communities. In 1973, federal agents had a months-long standoff, with gunfire, against Native activists at Wounded Knee (itself the famous site of an 1890 Army massacre). In 1985, police bombed the Black commune move in Philadelphia, sparking a fire that burned sixty-one homes and caused eleven deaths.

Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-05-08, 20:40

Trapper Gus wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: aren't they the ones treading across government-funded roads while displaying flags and stickers saying "don't tread on me"?

It is interesting is a way that the far right & far left both want to do away with the police, though.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2023/05/08/waco-jeff-guinn-waco-rising-kevin-cook-book-review-homegrown-jeffrey-toobin

What caused this? Two scholars of nineties violence, the historian Kathleen Belew and the sociologist Stuart A. Wright, point to militarization, not just of law enforcement but of civilians, too. After the Vietnam War, the weapons and tactics of war flowed into domestic life. In her book “Bring the War Home,” Belew describes political violence in the U.S. as the “catastrophic ricochet” of fighting abroad.

Locking people up was nothing new. But, by the nineties, the line that the United States had long drawn between its police and its military was badly blurred. Police departments relied increasingly on units, such as swat teams, that used military weapons, vehicles, equipment, outfits, and tactics.

Gun advocates warned of a tyrannical state using black helicopters to subdue the populace, thus turning “black helicopters” into shorthand for unhinged paranoia. But it’s not paranoia if they really are out to get you, and the helicopters, at least, were real—some flew over Waco. Sherry writes that, by the eighties, the wall separating the police from the military had already crumbled to the point where helicopters were “swooping down on alleged California pot growers,” some “blaring Wagner’s ‘Ride of the Valkyries.’ ”

There is a long history of law enforcement besieging and attacking U.S. communities. In 1973, federal agents had a months-long standoff, with gunfire, against Native activists at Wounded Knee (itself the famous site of an 1890 Army massacre). In 1985, police bombed the Black commune move in Philadelphia, sparking a fire that burned sixty-one homes and caused eleven deaths.

I just think it's weird to be "anti-government" while relying on the government for day to day services.

Maybe Im.old fashioned.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-05-09, 07:12

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

I just think it's weird to be "anti-government" while relying on the government for day to day services.

Maybe Im.old fashioned.

A few years ago, maybe back during the Bush Administration, we were labeling the people who were railing against the government, "Low Information Voters".

I think it is clear that law enforcement at all levels has become too militarized and is not properly trained, and that people on both political extremes, and some who are not so extreme can see this issue and are using it to rally voters.  At the same time others are using the same issue to rally voters in opposition to the idea that the police are out of control.

Those who want to get a Phd in sociology and political science can talk for days on the growth of various thoughts & political movements which have created this mob psychology, but yes, part of the mob's willful ignorance is that it is not rational about what government does.  It wants to "have its cake and eat it, too"

Which comes back around to the "debt crisis".  "The mob" (or "The Rabble" if we go back to what England called the revolting colonies) want to have most of the goods & services that the government provides, but they don't want "others" to have those goods & services.  Its not rational, but that pretty much is what mob psychology is all about, using emotion to turn of the rational part of humans, and it is being used by various groups to further their own very small population political ends.

Once people are part of a Mob it is practically impossible to use rational arguments to change their minds. As a great poster on this board has pointed out "Americans are stupid", to which I would add; "sometimes".
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-05-09, 08:46

OUR CURRENT BUDGET MODELS don’t create random errors. They don’t sometimes overstate and sometimes understate costs. They create systematic errors, making many investments look far more expensive than they are. They lead to the routine underfunding of critical programs and enforcement activities, and they distort the policymaking process from start to finish.

For those who want to shrink the government to a size that can be drowned in a bathtub, the current budget-scoring model works great. But for those who live in the real world and want a country in which all our people have a chance to thrive, bad budget models are choking us.

https://prospect.org/economy/2023-04-04-policymakers-fight-losing-battle-models/
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2023-05-09, 09:05

It's fascinating to watch people who have no clue what a Libertarian is, then proceed to talk about what a Libertarian is.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-05-09, 09:13

TravelinMan wrote:It's fascinating to watch people who have no clue what a Libertarian is, then proceed to talk about what a Libertarian is.

Pretty much a self-own in your post, TM.

It turns out there is no simple definition.

However, I have a simple question personal for you.

Given a dilemma between adhering to your beliefs in personal "social issues" liberty or personal "economic issues" liberty which would you chose.

To clarify, would you rather live in a system of "free market economics with christian values imposed upon everyone" or a "system of feudal economics with freedom of personal values"?
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2023-05-09, 09:18

Trapper Gus wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:It's fascinating to watch people who have no clue what a Libertarian is, then proceed to talk about what a Libertarian is.

Given a dilemma between adhering to your beliefs in personal "social issues" liberty or personal "economic issues" liberty which would you chose.

To clarify, would you rather live in a system of "free market economics with christian values imposed upon everyone" or a "system of feudal economics with freedom of personal values"?

Can you define "feudal economics?" I'm not familiar with that one.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-05-09, 09:21

TravelinMan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Lords and peasants.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-05-09, 09:29

TravelinMan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Can you define "feudal economics?"  I'm not familiar with that one.

That that system that existed prior to market economics, back in the Middle Ages.  In Catholic nations there was a political sharing between the Kings & Lords & the Church.  The people were owned and cared for by one or the other.  Sort of much closer to the ideal of Communism.  The Church provided food & shelter for the poor, but owned land for them to work on and grow the food.  I was just using an example of an economic system that more directly limits economic liberty.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2023-05-09, 09:31

Motown Spartan wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

Lords and peasants.

Well I guess I'm entirely confused by Trap's question then. How do you have a system of Lords and peasants with freedom of personal values? Lords are going to dictate their will upon the peasants. That's what happens.

I like the sound of free market economics, but not so much the "Christian values" part. I mean, if we're talking the basics.... don't steal, don't murder, don't cheat on your spouse... that's probably OK. But if we're going down the path of abstinence as birth control, just say no to drugs, and regulating the bedroom, then... that's a hard no from me.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-05-09, 09:36

TravelinMan wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:

Lords and peasants.

Well I guess I'm entirely confused by Trap's question then. How do you have a system of Lords and peasants with freedom of personal values? Lords are going to dictate their will upon the peasants. That's what happens.

I like the sound of free market economics, but not so much the "Christian values" part. I mean, if we're talking the basics.... don't steal, don't murder, don't cheat on your spouse... that's probably OK. But if we're going down the path of abstinence as birth control, just say no to drugs, and regulating the bedroom, then... that's a hard no from me.

Let me rephase the option.

If you were forced to give up either Free Markets or Freedom of Personal Choice, which would you give up.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2023-05-09, 09:41

Trapper Gus wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

If you were forced to give up either Free Markets or Freedom of Personal Choice, which would you give up.

As I previously stated, I'm confused as to how you can have personal choice without free markets? Without free markets, personal choice becomes an illusion.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-05-09, 09:53

TravelinMan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

As I previously stated, I'm confused as to how you can have personal choice without free markets?  Without free markets, personal choice becomes an illusion.

Actually, the ideal of Russian Communism in stage one Communism is pretty much that.  You can do anything you like morally, as they rejected religion as "the opium of the masses", pretty much total liberty of morals, while having the economics controlled centrally.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2023-05-09, 09:56

Trapper Gus wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

As I previously stated, I'm confused as to how you can have personal choice without free markets?  Without free markets, personal choice becomes an illusion.

Actually, the ideal of Russian Communism in stage one Communism is pretty much that.  You can do anything you like morally, as they rejected religion as "the opium of the masses", preety much total liberty of morals, while having the economics controlled centrally.

So you think Russians have personal choice? Russia. Where it's criminal to be gay, they lock up people for drugs, conscript kids into the military. That Russia?
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-05-09, 10:01

TravelinMan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Actually, the ideal of Russian Communism in stage one Communism is pretty much that.  You can do anything you like morally, as they rejected religion as "the opium of the masses", preety much total liberty of morals, while having the economics controlled centrally.

So you think Russians have personal choice?  Russia.  Where it's criminal to be gay, they lock up people for drugs, conscript kids into the military.  That Russia?

Russia today is not following Communism at all, so your comment is meaningless.

Third phrasing:

You can have free markets, but morality is controlled by the Christian Right.

or

You can have moral freedom, but the economy is controlled by a bureaucracy at all levels.

Which one do you chose?
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2023-05-09, 10:06

Trapper Gus wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

So you think Russians have personal choice?  Russia.  Where it's criminal to be gay, they lock up people for drugs, conscript kids into the military.  That Russia?

Third phrasing:

or

You can have moral freedom, but the economy is controlled by a bureaucracy at all levels.

Which one do you chose?

C. None of the above. We deserve better.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-05-09, 10:17

TravelinMan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Third phrasing:

or

Which one do you chose?

Not a choice in this discussion.

Which has greater value for you. Free markets, or freedom of moral choice?
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-05-09, 10:22

In 2020, during the darkest hours of the global coronavirus pandemic, the U.S. government spent $3 trillion to help rescue the country’s—and, to some extent, the world’s—economy. This infusion of cash increased government debt and thus reduced government wealth by almost the entirety of that frighteningly large amount—the largest drop in nominal U.S. government wealth since the nation’s founding. Surely something this unfavorable to the government’s financial condition would have broad, adverse financial consequences.

So what happened to household wealth during that same year? It rose. And it grew by not just the $3 trillion injected into the economy by the government, but by a whopping $14.5 trillion—the largest recorded increase in household wealth in history.

https://democracyjournal.org/arguments/the-truth-about-government-debt/
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2023-05-09, 10:22

Trapper Gus wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

This reminds me of the film War Games. The only sensible choice is to not play.

How about a nice game of chess, Professor Falken?
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-05-09, 10:34

TravelinMan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

This reminds me of the film War Games. The only sensible choice is to not play.

How about a nice game of chess, Professor Falken?

The point is that economic liberty & moral liberty are not connected in any serious way.

The ideal of "individual liberty" as the absolute value to build any society on has both logical contradictions and practical ones. That it can be split into different areas and applied in one but not another is one of them.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-05-10, 12:19

Future Debt Ceiling Hostage crisis - Page 2 Scree146
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-05-10, 12:40

if you just start with the fact that the GOP and Russia need America to fail, it's a much more simple discussion.

in fact, everything, when speaking of the American political landscape, is very simple. It benefits the mainstream media and their knuckle-scrapin' faithful to make it seem more complicated than it really is.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by sεяεηιτλ 2023-05-11, 17:08

So......

Are we actually scared of reaching the debt limit and defaulting? Or do we continue to believe something will work out last minute?

Biden and co sure are acting like there's a real plan.

The republicans sure are acting like the clueless morons they are, controlled by the unamerican terrorist wing

I assumed that Biden and McCarthy would come to an agreement after some rabble rabble but i don't believe that insane wing of the republican party would budge.  Without them budging, it would take McCarthy defying them to get something done.  And then his own job would be up for a vote since he for some reason agreed to be a powerless figurehead douche to these animals just for the job title.
sεяεηιτλ
sεяεηιτλ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-05-11, 19:42

sεяεηιτλ wrote:So......

Are we actually scared of reaching the debt limit and defaulting? Or do we continue to believe something will work out last minute?

The republicans sure are acting like the clueless morons they are, controlled by the unamerican terrorist wing

I assumed that Biden and McCarthy would come to an agreement after some rabble rabble but i don't believe that insane wing of the republican party would budge.  Without them budging, it would take McCarthy defying them to get something done.  And then his own job would be up for a vote since he for some reason agreed to be a powerless figurehead douche to these animals just for the job title.

IMO Biden has made it clear to McCanty & McConnell that if they don't raise the debt limit he will go to the mattresses with a 14th Admendment / Orginal Constitution (which was written to guarantee the states debts from the Revolutionary War) and other legal arguments that the FY 2033 appropriations bills superseded the 1917 debt limit law.

He is saying to the Republicans "you can be part of the solution or I can hammer you with it for the next 18 months"
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by sεяεηιτλ 2023-05-11, 21:25

Trapper Gus wrote:
sεяεηιτλ wrote:So......

IMO Biden has made it clear to McCanty & McConnell that if they don't raise the debt limit he will go to the mattresses with a 14th Admendment / Orginal Constitution (which was written to guarantee the states debts from the Revolutionary War) and other legal arguments that the FY 2033 appropriations bills superseded the 1917 debt limit law.

He is saying to the Republicans "you can be part of the solution or I can hammer you with it for the next 18 months"

But does he even have the time to do such a thing?

Seems like going to the courts to settle a constitutional crisis (is it one? Many are talking like it is. Many are talking like its a slam dunk) even on an emergency basis, would take some time. Unless the courts issue some kind of temporary ruling allowing our debt to be paid while they deliberate?
sεяεηιτλ
sεяεηιτλ
Spartiate

TravelinMan and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-05-11, 21:31

1 trillion dollar coin and the courts. Win win win... He HAS to publicize th fact "cuts" they propose could also be offset in the deficit if the top 1% paid taxes (if the Rs actually care about the deficit). Dubasses think the house Rs get to set the agenda. Don't let them.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-05-12, 07:31

sεяεηιτλ wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

But does he even have the time to do such a thing?

Seems like going to the courts to settle a constitutional crisis (is it one?  Many are talking like it is. Many are talking like its a slam dunk) even on an emergency basis, would take some time.  Unless the courts issue some kind of temporary ruling allowing our debt to be paid while they deliberate?

Don't know.

However the process.

Biden orders Yellen to keep issuing new debt.

Someone with standing sues, probably in that Texas district with the corrupt judge.  It may take some time before this happens.

(Not sure if anyone would have standing, though maybe Congress would, hard to argue maintaining the full trust in the US debt, as required by the Constitution is causing harm, but some Republican Judges have been ignoring that, so assume it would be heard)

Judge issues ruling blocking more debt being issues, with a stay so it can be appealed.

It is appealed and is either overruled, plaintiffs will appeal to Supreme Court or upheld, defendants will appeal to Supreme Court.

If overruled Supreme Court can take its time, if upheld there will be an stay while the court reviews the ruling.

Most likely outcome is Supreme Court issues a stay and kicks it back to the appeals court.

If during this process the Congress lifts the debt limit the court cases become moot.

Is this a Constitutional Crisis, yes.  Two branches of government fighting over what each can do, pretty much the definition of one.

It could get worse.  Even if the Supreme Court rules the debt limit law is Constitutional Biden could still order Yellen to issue new debt, and if she agrees just ignore the court ruling.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2023-05-12, 09:35

Lots of interesting work arounds proposed in this thread, but the problem is... they're all gimmicks. The United States (notice I didn't say Republicans or Democrats) NEEDS to demonstrate a permanent, agreed solution to this problem. It's as much a perception problem as it is a book keeping problem. If the United States can't do that, we're fucked. Full stop.

And yes, I believe we'll default. I think both sides (here's where I do call out individual parties) WANT a crisis. They'll stand there and blame each other while the country burns. It's fucking ridiculous.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-05-12, 10:17

TravelinMan wrote:Lots of interesting work arounds proposed in this thread, but the problem is... they're all gimmicks. The United States (notice I didn't say Republicans or Democrats) NEEDS to demonstrate a permanent, agreed solution to this problem. It's as much a perception problem as it is a book keeping problem. If the United States can't do that, we're fucked. Full stop.

And yes, I believe we'll default. I think both sides (here's where I do call out individual parties) WANT a crisis. They'll stand there and blame each other while the country burns. It's fucking ridiculous.
I think the grown ups wont let that happen. Maybe a gimmick to patch the hole (premium bonds? platinum coin?) No one (except for the fucked up sect of the R party) wants the world's economic system (who ALL depend on the full faith and credit of the US) to be the last one pushing them over the brink... So either Jerome Powell will accept the gimmick... or the courts will rule on 14th amendment.
14th wrote:The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion, shall not be questioned.
Even with this court being so fucked up, being personally responsible for economic collapse because of trump and MTG's whims may be beyond enough of them to fix this for good.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2023-05-12, 10:18

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:Lots of interesting work arounds proposed in this thread, but the problem is... they're all gimmicks. The United States (notice I didn't say Republicans or Democrats) NEEDS to demonstrate a permanent, agreed solution to this problem. It's as much a perception problem as it is a book keeping problem. If the United States can't do that, we're fucked. Full stop.

I think the grown ups wont let that happen. Maybe a gimmick to patch the hole (premium bonds? platinum coin?) No one (except for the fucked up sect of the R party) wants the world's economic system (who ALL depend on the full faith and credit of the US) to be the last one pushing them over the brink... So either Jerome Powell will accept the gimmick... or the courts will rule on 14th amendment.
14th wrote:The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion, shall not be questioned.
Even with this court being so fucked up, being personally responsible for economic collapse because of trump and MTG's whims may be beyond enough of them to fix this for good.

What grown ups?!? I see no grown ups negotiating this.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-05-12, 10:20

AvgMSUJoe wrote:

Would love for the courts to say "shall not be questioned" doesn't apply because that means "shall not be infringed" doesn't apply.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-05-12, 10:24

Motown Spartan wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:

Would love for the courts to say "shall not be questioned" doesn't apply because that means "shall not be infringed" doesn't apply.

Right, "strict constitutionalists" (unless they are just trump in robes) couldn't throw this away.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-05-12, 10:30

TravelinMan wrote:

The grown ups are Biden and Powell and Yellen. (Also there is a possibility that if they get a signed petition of Dems plus 5 Rs in the house they could bring debt ceiling to a vote without McCarthy... we will see if 5 step up to save economic collapse.)

Hissy fits from the house, based on lies can not be taken seriously.

There is NOTHING legit about the bill (they BARELY passed their caucus with).
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2023-05-12, 10:45

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

The grown ups are Biden and Powell and Yellen. (Also there is a possibility that if they get a signed petition of Dems plus 5 Rs in the house they could bring debt ceiling to a vote without McCarthy... we will see if 5 step up to save economic collapse.)

Biden holding his breath, making demands, and refusing to negotiate when he doesn't have the votes is hardly adult like behavior.

Every single politician involved in this bullshit needs to be tried for treason and hung in the Washington Mall if we default. I don't give a shit if you're a Dem, Rep, or a lizard king.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-05-12, 10:50

TravelinMan wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:

Biden holding his breath, making demands, and refusing to negotiate when he doesn't have the votes is hardly adult like behavior.

Every single politician involved in this bullshit needs to be tried for treason and hung in the Washington Mall if we default. I don't give a shit if you're a Dem, Rep, or a lizard king.
TravelinMan wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:

Republicans are acting in bad faith. The funds are required to pay for budgetary items that were legally passed by the previous congress. They don't get to default on US debt because the lost in a previous election cycle.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron, AvgMSUJoe, Trapper Gus and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2023-05-12, 11:09

Should we be buying as much gold as possible asap?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2023-05-12, 11:19

Motown Spartan wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

TravelinMan wrote:

Republicans are acting in bad faith. The funds are required to pay for budgetary items that were legally passed by the previous congress. They don't get to default on US debt because the lost in a previous election cycle.

Sounds like congress is writing checks their bodies can't cash. Let's hang them, too.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2023-05-12, 11:24

Floyd Robertson wrote:Should we be buying as much gold as possible asap?

Gold, the Yen, short dated T bills, and CDS if you can find them, although they're getting overheated at the moment.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next