Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Future Debt Ceiling Hostage crisis

+11
TravelinMan
sεяεηιτλ
Rick Saunders
Cameron
Robert J Sakimano
GRR Spartan
RQA
Floyd Robertson
Trapper Gus
Motown Spartan
AvgMSUJoe
15 posters

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Go down

Future Debt Ceiling Hostage crisis - Page 13 Empty Re: Future Debt Ceiling Hostage crisis

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-06-02, 15:07

TravelinMan wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:

No he doesn't, he's spot on. You know how I know? Because you can't refute any of his points and call him a lunatic instead.  

I don’t know how many more times I can tell you I’m not a MAGA Republican, nor have I ever voted for one.  The fact that you guys don’t believe me tells me your fragile self worth can’t handle the truth.

However, you are too ignorant to understand that you are standing on a ice cube and it is 12o degrees F...

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2023/06/05/the-individualists-radicals-reactionaries-and-the-struggle-for-the-soul-of-libertarianism-book-review-matt-zwolinski-john-tomasi
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Future Debt Ceiling Hostage crisis - Page 13 Empty Re: Future Debt Ceiling Hostage crisis

Post by TravelinMan 2023-06-02, 15:33

Motown Spartan wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

I don’t know how many more times I can tell you I’m not a MAGA Republican, nor have I ever voted for one. The fact that you guys don’t believe me tells me your fragile self worth can’t handle the truth.

Did you vote for Biden?

Yes, but you won’t believe me.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2023-06-02, 15:34

Robert J Sakimano wrote:for the record, our 'ol friend Guest always claimed he wasn't a fan of the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator, too.

but, boy, did he get defensive when he was called out for aligning himself with his christian hero at every turn.. to the point that he got mad and left. Future Debt Ceiling Hostage crisis - Page 13 502811600

Someone didn’t like constantly being called a liar? Huh. So weird.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-06-02, 15:48

TravelinMan wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:

Did you vote for Biden?

Yes, but you won’t believe me.

Yikes!

I assumed you voted 3rd party
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by sεяεηιτλ 2023-06-02, 23:56

craft is at work.

I don't really know if it's he himself actually personally doing it. At a minimum he's got the right attitude and the right people in the right places and that's mostly what being a leader is since getting into real nitty gritty would be more like unhealthy and unproductive micro management at that top level.
sεяεηιτλ
sεяεηιτλ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2023-06-03, 10:30

Trapper Gus wrote:
sεяεηιτλ wrote:

He does seem capable of governing, even in an era of run-away partisanship. Hard lefties might not like some of the things he includes but that's what it takes to build a list of accomplishments these days.

I'm one of those hard lefties, however any sane person can see when a master at a craft is at work.

Biden says a bunch of stuff that hard lefties like, even if it doesn't get done 100%

You are not a hard lefty, Trapper, you're as Mainstream Democrat as they come.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-06-03, 21:14

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2023/6/3/2172881/-What-Happens-When-You-Tax-Billionaires-at-90-Percent

Tax the Wealthy, cut taxes on the middle class
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

sεяεηιτλ likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by sεяεηιτλ 2023-06-03, 23:23

Trapper Gus wrote:https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2023/6/3/2172881/-What-Happens-When-You-Tax-Billionaires-at-90-Percent

Good message, but that "article" was akin to a post on a forum, created by the dailykos community. not sure how much i can trust the content and i'm not really happy it masqueraded as a published article by a media outlet.
sεяεηιτλ
sεяεηιτλ
Spartiate

TravelinMan and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-06-04, 08:04

sεяεηιτλ wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2023/6/3/2172881/-What-Happens-When-You-Tax-Billionaires-at-90-Percent

Good message, but that "article" was akin to a post on a forum, created by the dailykos community. not sure how much i can trust the content and i'm not really happy it masqueraded as a published article by a media outlet.

Thom Hartman is a minor media personality who has been on the radio, does a podcast, a Website and a substack page. He also attended MSU. He sometimes posts his substack articles to DK.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2023-06-04, 08:55

Trapper Gus wrote:
sεяεηιτλ wrote:

Thom Hartman is a minor media personality who has been on the radio, does a podcast, a Website and a substack page. He also attended MSU. He sometimes posts his substack articles to DK.

I, too, attended MSU and have been on the radio.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-06-04, 09:12

Alex Jones didn’t attend MSU.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-06-04, 09:30

The closest things to political media influencers on the left are probably Harttman and Maddow and 2/3 others.

I'm pretty sure he was one of the guys that started on "Air America", if you remember that.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-06-05, 11:59

TravelinMan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:for the record, our 'ol friend Guest always claimed he wasn't a fan of the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator, too.

but, boy, did he get defensive when he was called out for aligning himself with his christian hero at every turn.. to the point that he got mad and left. Future Debt Ceiling Hostage crisis - Page 13 502811600

he didn't like it when his words were repeated to him.

so, yeah - it is weird. Future Debt Ceiling Hostage crisis - Page 13 502811600

I can understand how being held accountable for being a supporter of the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator can make you uncomfortable, though.

The way to handle it, though, is to stop being a supporter of the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator.

or to leave.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-06-12, 08:27

In short, this round of negotiations was fought to a draw, but the White House backed itself into a corner before the next one even started. The White House may have won a reprieve from fiscal policy fights, but there’s a fiscal policy hurricane brewing.

https://prospect.org/economy/2023-06-09-coming-storm-of-fiscal-policy/
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2023-06-12, 09:14

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

he didn't like it when his words were repeated to him.

so, yeah - it is weird. Future Debt Ceiling Hostage crisis - Page 13 502811600

I can understand how being held accountable for being a supporter of the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator can make you uncomfortable, though.

The way to handle it, though, is to stop being a supporter of the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator.

or to leave.

If you'd like me to leave, all you have to do is ask.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-06-14, 13:16

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/interactive/2023/irs-enforcement-costs-congress-funding/

Once again Republican debt reduction increases the debt even more.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by sεяεηιτλ 2023-06-19, 22:28

AvgMSUJoe wrote:The closest things to political media influencers on the left are probably Harttman and Maddow and 2/3 others.

I'm pretty sure he was one of the guys that started on "Air America", if you remember that.

I don't, and i still have no idea who he is. Not very prolific of an influencer.

I just don't like being duped. The "article" is laid out like a news story. There are notices of course but they aren't really apparent to someone moving fast through the internet. And i typically don't just read headlines either like many do so this format is going to fool a lot of people.
sεяεηιτλ
sεяεηιτλ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by sεяεηιτλ 2023-06-19, 22:36

Trapper Gus wrote:
In short, this round of negotiations was fought to a draw, but the White House backed itself into a corner before the next one even started. The White House may have won a reprieve from fiscal policy fights, but there’s a fiscal policy hurricane brewing.

Not sure I agree with this one.  Seems like a right winger trying to drum up a "win" for his side.

The basis of the article is that "the timing of the next one coincides with some other stuff".

OK.  Great.  every time this comes up, it's going to coincide with some things.  

Even if it's true, better this then have the economy destroyed by these terrorists right before an election where biden is cast as the "sane" middle ground option. If he stands his ground, the republican terrorists destroy the economy and Biden is cast as a radical liberal unable to work with the other side.

Nevertheless, i do despise negotiating with these terrorists.  Is their any possibility this whole debt limit crap can be killed in court by then?
sεяεηιτλ
sεяεηιτλ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-06-20, 06:36

sεяεηιτλ wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:The closest things to political media influencers on the left are probably Harttman and Maddow and 2/3 others.

I don't, and i still have no idea who he is.  Not very prolific of an influencer.

I just don't like being duped.  The "article" is laid out like a news story.  There are notices of course but they aren't really apparent to someone moving fast through the internet.  And i typically don't just read headlines either like many do so this format is going to fool a lot of people.

Confused about what you think you were duped into.

Hartman goes through the facts, he isn't making anything up in that.

DK is a left wing news site.  Sure, you may not be aware of that and if so I sorry.  If I had linked directly to Hartman's substack page would it made a difference?

(Yes Hartman was on "Air America" and was on satellite radio's left wng channel after that.)
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-06-20, 06:51

sεяεηιτλ wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Not sure I agree with this one.  Seems like a right winger trying to drum up a "win" for his side.

The basis of the article is that "the timing of the next one coincides with some other stuff".

OK.  Great.  every time this comes up, it's going to coincide with some things.  

Even if it's true, better this then have the economy destroyed by these terrorists right before an election where biden is cast as the "sane" middle ground option. If he stands his ground, the republican terrorists destroy the economy and Biden is cast as a radical liberal unable to work with the other side.

Nevertheless, i do despise negotiating with these terrorists.  Is their any possibility this whole debt limit crap can be killed in court by then?

The issue is "standing" for a court case. Standing means that the plaintiffs will suffer harm from the current situation, and while the current court seemingly has been willing to bend "standing" rules for the cases they want to rule upon it doesn't seem likely they will for a case they probably don't want to rule on.

However, there still is a case in the courts, brought by the federal employees unions, unless it has been dismissed. Until it is dismissed or withdrawn there is a tiny bit of hope.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by sεяεηιτλ 2023-06-20, 18:13

ing means that the plaintiffs will suffer harm from the current situation, and while the current court seemingly has been willing to bend "standing" rules for the cases they want to rule upon it doesn't seem likely they will for a case they probably don't want to rule on.

so, odds are it will have to be challenged as it's happening. fucking great.

I would argue however that whatever government is in charge would, in reality, have standing to resolve this in court at any time. The republicans use this as a threat to impact policy when they are not in charge, therefore policy decisions are surely being impacted (i.e. harmed) or decisions will be made in present knowing that this will come up again in a couple years as this is an ever present looming threat. Seems to me that the government will suffer harm and is currently suffering harm as a result of the republicans terrorist tactics. Therefore it should be testable.

But i know it won't be testable in advance because we have anti-american right wing corrupt supreme court justices.

The only real solution is to win the house and do it right back. Which isn't a good solution at all really. Our government is really set up to keep political disagreements from escalating forever more Future Debt Ceiling Hostage crisis - Page 13 1431518612
sεяεηιτλ
sεяεηιτλ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by sεяεηιτλ 2023-06-20, 18:15

Trapper Gus wrote:
sεяεηιτλ wrote:

I don't, and i still have no idea who he is.  Not very prolific of an influencer.

I just don't like being duped.  The "article" is laid out like a news story.  There are notices of course but they aren't really apparent to someone moving fast through the internet.  And i typically don't just read headlines either like many do so this format is going to fool a lot of people.

Confused about what you think you were duped into.

Hartman goes through the facts, he isn't making anything up in that.

DK is a left wing news site.  Sure, you may not be aware of that and if so I sorry.  If I had linked directly to Hartman's substack page would it made a difference?

(Yes Hartman was on "Air America" and was on satellite radio's left wng channel after that.)

duped into reading it all under the (initial) impression it was a published article that an organization would have no problem putting their name on.

It wasn't because stuff like this is pretty much just a way to publish unsubstantiated opinion that will not necessarily harm the reputation of the publishing organization.

but whatever, i'm over it
sεяεηιτλ
sεяεηιτλ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13