Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lottery

+38
Wally Fairway
Trapper Gus
kingstonlake
MSU addict
duffy munn
AvgMSUJoe
Motown Spartan
aualum06
The_Dude
Ass Dan
Vlad
Blanch32
tanfan!
Triple Sparty
DWags
I.B. Fine
Giant Moose
Nordic
pulling69
Dendrobates
Jake from State Farm
Robert J Sakimano
Gomer
Death Roe
InTenSity
SeeRockCity
tTy
Frank Ricard
Rocinante
NigelUno
steveschneider
WhiteBoyHatcher
CORNER BLITZ
Turtleneck
Floyd Robertson
The Pantry
tGreenWay
Watch Out Pylon!
42 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

The Lottery - Page 4 Empty Re: The Lottery

Post by Guest Sun 10 Jan 2016 - 2:15

1:29 am – Powerball: There was no jackpot winner in the Saturday, January 9, 2016 Powerball drawing, but 28 lucky players matched the first 5 numbers for a $1,000,000 prize: 2 from Arizona, 6 from California, 2 from Connecticut (1 with Power Play), 1 from Florida, 1 from Georgia, 1 from Iowa, 1 from Maryland, 1 from Massachusetts, 3 from Michigan, 3 from New York, 2 from Ohio, 1 from Pennsylvania, 3 from Texas (2 with Power Play), and 1 from Virginia. For the complete rundown of winners by prize category, the drawing video, and all other data about this drawing, see the Powerball Drawing Detail page.

https://www.usamega.com/
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Jan 2016 - 2:17

This time it went from 525 to 950 so 1.3 billion is pretty conservative. I could see 1.7 billion plus as possible.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 Sun 10 Jan 2016 - 3:12

Fucking shit, buy your tickets ASAP and do not go to a store the night of the drawing....I already had my tickets from a few days ago but needed to score some 40s at the gas station store tonight, stuck waiting in a 20 minute line as a result. Give me my money bitch!
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Jan 2016 - 5:03

The Lottery - Page 4 CYVjoNdWAAAprOU
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! Sun 10 Jan 2016 - 7:14

The Pantry wrote:$1.3 billion next Wednesday

I could retire on that
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Sun 10 Jan 2016 - 8:36

I am going to build a new state-of-the-art MSU hoops stadium called the Byrd Sanctuary when I win Powerball. It will have a statue of Byrd kissing the logo that can be seen from Outer Space where we will play UNC in 2042.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Jan 2016 - 10:50

The Lottery - Page 4 1966794946 The Lottery - Page 4 1966794946 He comes through with the only answer....

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Jan 2016 - 11:08

Walter Hickey ‏@WaltHickey 7h7 hours ago
Wow! There were 440 million Powerball tickets sold, and the @FiveThirtyEight model estimated 428 million based on extrapolated data.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Sun 10 Jan 2016 - 12:27

LooseGoose wrote:Walter Hickey ‏@WaltHickey 7h7 hours ago
Wow! There were 440 million Powerball tickets sold, and the @FiveThirtyEight model estimated 428 million based on extrapolated data.

So if I bought every number combination odds are that I'd have to split the winnings.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Jan 2016 - 15:01

The Lottery - Page 4 CYYMSAoWQAQ2JBK
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sun 10 Jan 2016 - 15:13

What a ditz
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Jan 2016 - 16:10

The Pantry wrote:What a ditz

I think she's dating Blanch
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Sun 10 Jan 2016 - 16:40

LooseGoose wrote:
The Pantry wrote:What a ditz

I think she's dating Blanch

I'm math good idiot!
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Sun 10 Jan 2016 - 23:02

Novice question: if there are no winners like from last night, do you hold on to your tickets until there's a winner? Or are the tickets good for only a specific drawing night?
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Sun 10 Jan 2016 - 23:09

Vlad wrote:Novice question: if there are no winners like from last night, do you hold on to your tickets until there's a winner? Or are the tickets good for only a specific drawing night?
Shh bby is ok.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Sun 10 Jan 2016 - 23:39

InTenSity wrote:
Vlad wrote:Novice question: if there are no winners like from last night, do you hold on to your tickets until there's a winner? Or are the tickets good for only a specific drawing night?
Shh bby is ok.

English please?
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Sun 10 Jan 2016 - 23:51

Only specific drawing
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Jan 2016 - 12:21

Chad Livengood ‏@ChadLivengood 24m24 minutes ago Lansing, MI
SIREN: #Powerball jackpot has climbed to $1.4 billion (or $868 million cash payout before taxes).
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Mon 11 Jan 2016 - 12:22

I say 1.7 by wed with 1 Billion in cash
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan Mon 11 Jan 2016 - 12:38

I'm gonna win and I'm gonna buy an nhl team
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Mon 11 Jan 2016 - 14:15

Are you dickheads going to get in tSwill Powerballs pool or not?
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Mon 11 Jan 2016 - 15:06

With this many people buying tickets, and the fact that 28 people had all the numbers but the powerball, doesn't it seem like the computer only picks the numbers that are least picked?

I say it's rigged. But I will still be a sucker and buy some tickets.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Mon 11 Jan 2016 - 15:11

Dendrobates wrote:With this many people buying tickets, and the fact that 28 people had all the numbers but the powerball, doesn't it seem like the computer only picks the numbers that are least picked?

I heard that they estimated that ~75% of the possible combinations were purchased. 1 in 4 chance of drawing a blank seems totally plausible to me.

Not Rigged.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Mon 11 Jan 2016 - 15:19

tTy wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:With this many people buying tickets, and the fact that 28 people had all the numbers but the powerball, doesn't it seem like the computer only picks the numbers that are least picked?

I heard that they estimated that ~75% of the possible combinations were purchased. 1 in 4 chance of drawing a blank seems totally plausible to me.

Not Rigged.

Or the government wants this as high as it goes because they are the ones who really win the lottery. The Lottery - Page 4 1550444538

meh whatever. I sent you my monies.

Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Mon 11 Jan 2016 - 15:23

I'b buy clean water for Flint if I won. The Lottery - Page 4 55953254
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Mon 11 Jan 2016 - 15:25

The_Dude wrote:I'b buy clean water for Flint if I won. The Lottery - Page 4 55953254

LIES! no one gives a shit about Flint.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Jan 2016 - 15:37

tTy wrote:

Not Rigged.

Yep, 538 gave it a 77% chance of being won. If it rolls over this time it would be truly insane.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon 11 Jan 2016 - 15:42

guess I'd have to buy a ticket if I wanted to win..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Jan 2016 - 15:47

ROCHESTER HILLS, MI – A Powerball ticket sold at the Meijer store at 3175 S. Rochester Road in Rochester Hills was one of three worth $1 million sold in Michigan in the record $939.8 million jackpot drawing Saturday, the Michigan Lottery said Monday.

No one won the record prize, which now stands at $1.4 billion in Wednesday’s drawing, according to a press release from the Michigan Lottery. The cash option for Wednesday’s jackpot — the largest in the world — is $868 million.

The holders of the three $1 million winning tickets matched five numbers. The other two tickets were sold at Pilot Travel Center, 750 Baker Road in Dexter, and Speedway, 800 Washington Ave., in Holland.

Only one of the winners, Imari Shelton, 19, has stepped forward to claim the $1 million prize. She bought her ticket in Holland and called her windfall beginner’s luck. She bought five Easy Pick plays.

“When I saw the jackpot had climbed so high, I decided I should take a chance and play,” Shelton told the Michigan Lottery. “I wasn’t even sure how to play, so I had to ask my mom for help.”

No Powerball Jackpot Winner, 3 in Michigan Win $1M Powerball tickets worth $1 million were sold in Rochester Hills, Dexter and Holland.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Jan 2016 - 11:35

Officially $1.5Billion now.

POWERBALL JACKPOT ANALYSIS
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Tue 12 Jan 2016 - 14:45

Just to carry this nonsense out to the extreme, does anyone know if the state tax rate would apply based upon the drawing date, or the date you collected?

$30+ million dollar difference makes it worth moving if the later, hell that's probably enough for the whole giant Sparty statue, with VIP lounge on top!
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Tue 12 Jan 2016 - 14:48

Article I read earlier - if physically,logistically possible you could buy up every possible number combination and make ~ $300 mil in profit, assuming no one else hit.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Tue 12 Jan 2016 - 14:57

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Article I read earlier - if physically,logistically possible you could buy up every possible number combination and make ~ $300 mil in profit, assuming no one else hit.
If you happen to have $590 mill laying around not doing anything.
Then again, if you have $590 mill laying around, I doubt you're buying lotto tickets

Last edited by I.B. Fine on Tue 12 Jan 2016 - 18:12; edited 1 time in total
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Jan 2016 - 18:10

Everyone Is Freaking Out About The $1.5 Billion Powerball, And The Stats Agree
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Tue 12 Jan 2016 - 18:33

My 7/11 said the Powerball was worth $1.5 million since the electronic sign only goes up to $999 million. They hadn't covered up the m with a b, either.

Now I am going to have to sue them for false advertising and get my money that way.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Tue 12 Jan 2016 - 19:30

I.B. Fine wrote:Just to carry this nonsense out to the extreme, does anyone know if the state tax rate would apply based upon the drawing date, or the date you collected?

$30+ million dollar difference makes it worth moving if the later, hell that's probably enough for the whole giant Sparty statue, with VIP lounge on top!

You've got a year to collect it so move to some other state without a tax, take up residency and cash in the ticket. But since you've got better odds of getting hit by lighting while a shark is attacking you on your surfboard I wouldn't worry too much about it.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Jan 2016 - 19:40

Jake from State Farm wrote:
I.B. Fine wrote:Just to carry this nonsense out to the extreme, does anyone know if the state tax rate would apply based upon the drawing date, or the date you collected?

You've got a year to collect it so move to some other state without a tax, take up residency and cash in the ticket. But since you've got better odds of getting hit by lighting while a shark is attacking you on your surfboard I wouldn't worry too much about it.

I don't think State of residence matters. I believe the taxes are done by the selling state. I used to travel a lot and I know you could only cash tickets in the state you purchased them in.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Tue 12 Jan 2016 - 19:41

I'd be more concerned about moving to a state where you can claim anonymously. Although my state has a high tax rate, I am glad they allow you to claim the lottery anonymously. Imagine people knowing you won and all the trouble that potentially brings.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Tue 12 Jan 2016 - 20:32

Giant Moose wrote:

I'd be more concerned about moving to a state where you can claim anonymously. Although my state has a high tax rate, I am glad they allow you to claim the lottery anonymously. Imagine people knowing you won and all the trouble that potentially brings.
Pretty sure the "anonymous" thing isn't by state for multi-state games. Someone correct if wrong but I think Mega Millions requires a press conference for winners but Powerball does not. Both games have changed over the last couple years so I'm not sure.

Also not sure about advice on setting up an LLC before claiming and how that would affect the press conference requirement.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Tue 12 Jan 2016 - 23:09

Mark Cuban’s tips for eventual winner of the $1.4 billion (or more) Powerball jackpot
-Hire a tax attorney first.
-Don’t take the lump sum. You don’t want to blow it all in one spot.
-If you weren’t happy yesterday you won’t be happy tomorrow. It’s money. It’s not happiness.
-If you were happy yesterday, you are going to be a lot happier tomorrow. It’s money. Life gets easier when you don’t have to worry about the bills.
-Tell all your friends and relatives no. They will ask. Tell them no. If you are close to them, you already know who needs help and what they need. Feel free to help SOME, but talk to your accountant before you do anything and remember this, no one needs 1m dollars for anything. No one needs 100k for anything. Anyone who asks is not your friend.
-You don’t become a smart investor when you win the lottery. Don’t make investments. You can put it in the bank and live comfortably. Forever. You will sleep a lot better knowing you won’t lose money.
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next