Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baby boomers, what do you think about this image?

+16
The Ingenious Gentleman
MiamiSpartan
Snake Plissken
Herbie Green
tTito
The Pantry
InTenSity
CheesySpartan
Giant Moose
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
tGreenWay
Rocinante
Floyd Robertson
Travis of the Cosmos
Other Teams Pursuing That
20 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Baby boomers, what do you think about this image? - Page 2 Empty Re: Baby boomers, what do you think about this image?

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-08-18, 14:58

oh - and just like clockwork, here is the ever-predictable moral beacon and paragon of ethical purity - Rush Limbaugh - applauding this guy for his heroic stand on participation trophies.....Baby boomers, what do you think about this image? - Page 2 502811600

Read What Serial Adulterer and Drug Addict Rush Limbaugh Thinks of Participation Trophies Here
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Baby boomers, what do you think about this image? - Page 2 Empty Re: Baby boomers, what do you think about this image?

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-08-18, 15:02

Robert J Sakimano wrote:oh - and just like clockwork, here is the ever-predictable moral beacon and paragon of ethical purity - Rush Limbaugh - applauding this guy for his heroic stand on participation trophies.....Baby boomers, what do you think about this image? - Page 2 502811600

Read What Serial Adulterer and Drug Addict Rush Limbaugh Thinks of Participation Trophies Here
Bob. You just made me click on rushLimbaugh.com

Come on bro.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-08-18, 15:04

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:oh - and just like clockwork, here is the ever-predictable moral beacon and paragon of ethical purity - Rush Limbaugh - applauding this guy for his heroic stand on participation trophies.....Baby boomers, what do you think about this image? - Page 2 502811600

Bob. You just made me click on rushLimbaugh.com

Come on bro.
Baby boomers, what do you think about this image? - Page 2 502811600

if it makes you feel any better, he's largely responsible for the election of a very weak candidate named Barack Obama. Baby boomers, what do you think about this image? - Page 2 3493939353
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-08-18, 15:05

Also, do we really need to have a national conversation about trophies for 8 year olds now? I'm still a little tired from the recent national conversation about lions in some other country. Maybe we just skip this one and all get high or something?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-08-18, 15:12

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Also, [b]do we really need to have a national conversation about trophies for 8 year olds now?[b] I'm still a little tired from the recent national conversation about lions in some other country. Maybe we just skip this one and all get high or something?

I don't mind, but I'm old and lonely. Want some tea?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-08-18, 15:14

tGreenWay wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Also, [b]do we really need to have a national conversation about trophies for 8 year olds now?[b] I'm still a little tired from the recent national conversation about lions in some other country. Maybe we just skip this one and all get high or something?

Can I drink my tea out of a participation trophy?
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-08-18, 15:16

tGreenWay wrote:

I don't mind, but I'm old and lonely.  Want some tea?
I'll buy you some tea. I'll go all Bill Cosby on it.

Oh goddamn it. Now we need to have a national conversation a out Bill Cosby. This is so hard.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-08-18, 15:17

Giant Moose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Can I drink my tea out of a participation trophy?

Of course, young man. Whatever makes you feel good about yourself.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-08-18, 15:18

tGreenWay wrote:

I don't mind, but I'm old and lonely.  Want some tea?
I'll buy you some tea. I'll go all Bill Cosby on it.

Oh goddamn it. Now we need to have a national conversation a out Bill Cosby. This is so hard.

You are so damn sexy.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-08-18, 15:20

Personally, I am outraged at the outrage regarding participation trophies.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-08-18, 15:21

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Also, do we really need to have a national conversation about trophies for 8 year olds now? I'm still a little tired from the recent national conversation about lions in some other country. Maybe we just skip this one and all get high or something?

This country would be a lot better if more people got high.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-08-18, 15:27

Didn't this thread start out with outrage over some people getting something for really only participating? Flip pity flop.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-08-18, 15:28

DWags wrote:Didn't this thread start out with outrage over some people getting something for really only participating?  Flip pity flop.
Sometimes I wonder if you know words or not
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2015-08-18, 15:36

Isn't getting a participation trophy a lot like getting a lousy job and whining about being a victim on a message board?
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-08-18, 15:42

tTito wrote:Isn't getting a participation trophy a lot like getting a lousy job and whining about being a victim on a message board?
Those two things aren't even remotely similar.

You might as well have said "isnt watching a train go by while you wait in your car a lot like a duck"
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-08-18, 15:44

They still expect their cheap healthcare and SS checks and will support candidates who pander to their selfish bullshit.

Hmmmmmmmmmm. More words.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-08-18, 15:44

Words.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-08-18, 15:45

DWags wrote:
They still expect their cheap healthcare and SS checks and will support candidates who pander to their selfish bullshit.

Hmmmmmmmmmm.   More words.  
It's hilarious how much you hate words
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-08-18, 15:47

DWags wrote:

Hmmmmmmmmmm.   More words.  

Fuck I'm old son, I only want things handed to me like health care a ss with minimal effort. And if you could explain that deep thinking philosophy to this dumb ass I'd appreciate it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-08-18, 15:53

DWags wrote:

Fuck I'm old son, I only want things handed to me like health care a ss with minimal effort. And if you could explain that deep thinking philosophy to this dumb ass I'd appreciate it.  
At this point I'm not even really sure what I'm talking about anymore. I only have 7 more minutes of work to kill though, so I'm just going to stop
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-08-18, 15:57

So, are we gonna have a tickle fight or not?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2015-08-18, 16:04

tTito wrote:Isn't getting a participation trophy a lot like getting a lousy job and whining about being a victim on a message board?

You might as well have said "isnt watching a train go by while you wait in your car a lot like a duck"

No, in both cases you're a loser, yes I'm quite sure of it.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-08-18, 16:06

tTito wrote:

You're embarrassingly dumb
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2015-08-18, 16:07

I would give my son a trophy of accomplishment if he would run around the block.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-08-18, 16:15

Herbie Green wrote:I would give my son a trophy of accomplishment if he would run around the block.

Or fetch you a beer.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2015-08-18, 16:19

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:"participation trophies" aren't the problem. The problem is the parents who make "participation trophies" something more than they are.

that's all I'm sayin', brah.

enjoy your Big Gulp. Wink

You're a "special" parent bob. Well done.

I think you meant to put quotes around the word special.
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2015-08-18, 16:20

tTito wrote:

So do you keep your participation trophies in your cubicle or in your bedroom at your parent's house?
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-08-18, 16:24

tTito wrote:

So do you keep your participation trophies in your cubicle or in your bedroom at your parent's house?
You mean those trophies that were bought and distributed by baby boomers like you? Fuck if I know. Idiot.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-08-18, 16:26

So, that's a negative on the tickle fight?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-08-18, 16:28

The fuck were we talking about?

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-08-18, 16:33

Herbie Green wrote:I would give my son a trophy of accomplishment if he would run around the block.
Baby boomers, what do you think about this image? - Page 2 502811600

exactly - to some kids/parents, a "participation trophy" might really mean something.. to others, maybe not. Instead of demonizing something so trivial just to make yourself sound like some big tough guy, why not take time to understand what a particular meaning of the "participation trophy" might be to a certain kid or family.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-08-18, 16:33

DWags wrote:The fuck were we talking about?

Blanch stealing your password?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2015-08-18, 16:56

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:The fuck were we talking about?

Blanch stealing your password?
You'd have to leave it on a Post-it note in his cubicle for that to happen
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-08-18, 17:01

Snake Plissken wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:Blanch stealing your password?
but I thought Blanch had a 3.99 as an astrophysics/mechanical engineering/spelling triple major?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2015-08-18, 17:13

Snake Plissken wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:Blanch stealing your password?
And he'd still spell it wrong.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2015-08-18, 17:24

tTito wrote:

You mean those trophies that were bought and distributed by baby boomers like you? Fuck if I know. Idiot.

Ok, so I'm dumb, and I'm an idiot, and I'm a baby boomer? Well I guess you have all figured out don't you smart guy? You know there's a reason you live with your parents and have a shitty job, maybe some day you'll figure it out.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-08-18, 17:30

Can you believe they let that girl with robotic arm throw the first pitch at the O's game? WTF is this? She couldn't even throw it. Might as well just give her a participation trophy, fucking pussification of America.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-08-18, 17:44

tTito wrote:

Ok, so I'm dumb, and I'm an idiot, and I'm a baby boomer? Well I guess you have all figured out don't you smart guy? You know there's a reason you live with your parents and have a shitty job, maybe some day you'll figure it out.

Hang on. Travis, you live with your parents? Can I come over and raid their liquor cabinet?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2015-08-18, 17:50

tGreenWay wrote:
tTito wrote:

Hang on. Travis, you live with your parents? Can I come over and raid their liquor cabinet?

His mom is making grilled cheese for dinner (sigh, again) but if you wait till mom and pop go to bed you definitely may be able to get away with sneeking a couple drinks. Don't keep him up too late though, he has to punch in (literally) at 8:00 a.m.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ingenious Gentleman 2015-08-18, 20:13

DWags wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Baby boomers, what do you think about this image? - Page 2 11892010

Baby boomers, what do you think about this image? - Page 2 2599972566

Truthfully? Ias a full fledge member of the BB generation, born in 1961, I think it's the pussification of America it picture form.

Blame someone else as techies doctors engineers PA's and pharmacists from that generation will do very well.  Fuck it, I paid for my college and now I'm paying for my kids college. Know why?  Cause I don't live in a McMansion, I didn't take trips around the world I drove a family van for 25 years, I started putting 200 bucks from each check away 31 years ago.
I'm average. Completely average. Didn't need to be more than that. Oh, and there are plenty of mother fuckers out there like me. Average homes, average life styles saved a lot worked plenty of 16 hour days.  
There is still a sea of money out there. I'd advise any generation who put that poster out there to not live beyond your means. You can still have s great life by  grinding and saving.

Fuck blaming other generations. Mine sure had some assholes, so what? Cry about it or do something about it.

That's what I feel about that poster.

Completely this. Life is what you make it.

Baby boomers, what do you think about this image? - Page 2 Pql33
The Ingenious Gentleman
The Ingenious Gentleman
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next