Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

People that won't go to AA/Michigan Stadium...

+28
MiamiSpartan
MasonGuy
Jethro Bodeen
SeeRockCity
InTenSity
Watch Out Pylon!
tanfan!
Jaheab
Death Roe
tGreenWay
y2kMgrad
By-Tor
NigelUno
duffy munn
The Pantry
CORNER BLITZ
GRR Spartan
Herbie Green
WhiteBoyHatcher
xsanguine
The_Dude
kingstonlake
steveschneider
Travis of the Cosmos
DWags
Floyd Robertson
Giant Moose
Other Teams Pursuing That
32 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

People that won't go to AA/Michigan Stadium... - Page 2 Empty Re: People that won't go to AA/Michigan Stadium...

Post by NigelUno 2015-10-14, 07:23

Tanfan! wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Every time I go I'm miserable there. 

It is impossible to get into and out of the city because of where and how it is set up. It is impossible to get into and out of the stadium. It is impossible to get to your seat. It is impossible to go to the bathroom, or get anything to eat or drink. And yes, the seats are too small. I guess I'm a decent sized dude but I'm not a giant or a fat ass and the last time I was there our whole row wound up standing, angled towards the field of play so everyone could fit. 

The people suck. I never have a problem with actual alums as they seem normal. Maybe I'm a class snob but the white trash talking shit with their ain'ts and their "I seens" tends to annoy the fuck out of me. Especially when it's unprovoked. I have a decent amount of class as a human and I expect that in return. I am not going to just insult anyone unprovoked. I expect the same in return but apparently that's asking too much of Cody from Eastpointe. I just don't need to deal with that shit. 

I've told myself I'm not going back there numerous times but I'm definitely at a place in my life where the effort involved to pull something like that off does not = the annoyances I'm going to encounter. If I'm taking a day away from my family and spending some coin to do it I'm doing it at a place I love (EL) or at least in a setting that I don't loathe, like Indy or Lincoln or something.

this.. In fact, I went to one game back in the 80s and couldn't get in the stadium. MSU got crushed and just walking around AA sucked.  I haven't been back since. I was actually thinking about flying up for this game because the hype drove me nuts this summer.  However, the hype has been legit, which means the walmarters are going to instigate fights because they don't have a professional team to cheer for.  So, they've adopted Meeechigan and I agree, don't want to be around that trash element after getting crushed in AA.

So, you would go if you thought we would win?

Interesting.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

People that won't go to AA/Michigan Stadium... - Page 2 Empty Re: People that won't go to AA/Michigan Stadium...

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2015-10-14, 07:30

Been therre twice once as a student once a little later. No desire to go back whatsoever. Tiny seating. A complete shitshow getting in and out of the area. Oh and you're surrounded by Walverines. No thanks.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2015-10-14, 07:48

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

This. I genuinely hate most of those fuckers.

Pussies

I have decided to do the next best thing and go to a party at a Walvarine"s house to watch the game. We will be outnumered by trash talking UM fans 30-4. They will be singing the UM fight song together, cheering when MSU players get injured, calling Dantonio an asshole. It is really a great experience and something you just can't replicate at home.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-10-14, 08:02

Tanfan! wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:What's your reasoning? Are you intimated pussays? Really dislike it that much where you don't even have a good time? I've always had a good time there, especially since we've won 2 out of the last 3, yeah?

I don't really have a problem with your preference, just kind of curious. Go green.

Rexrod thinks we lose by 10.  Sounds about right.  You go, you are going to get a lot of grief post game
Which article is that in? I thought he usually didn't predict until Friday or so. I'd like to read what his thoughts are on it and why he's predicting 10 point loss.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-10-14, 08:29

gHost Spartan wrote:The only time I've been there was the day that they retired Gerald Ford's number, I think 1994. We got obliterated. I was dating this chick and her aunt took us and we sat maybe three rows from the field about the 20 yard line. No one said anything to me but I heard a few condescending remarks from the people in the section. Overall, it was a pretty ho-hum experience.

I went to that game. I didn't think the seating was as bad as everyone mentions.

I remember the stadium didn't strike me as being that loud for the amount of people in it.  

The only trash talk I remember was some dumb ass traffic cop as you cross the street. Overall I just think A2 is a really overrated city. I remember walking around it and you always hear from everyone how wonderful it is. I feel like I gave it a fair chance. If someone from out of state were to visit and ask me what they should do. I'd send them to the lake instead of a very mediocre town with a big time sports factory attached to it.

Last edited by steveschneider on 2015-10-14, 10:14; edited 1 time in total
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-10-14, 08:45

Tanfan! wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:What's your reasoning? Are you intimated pussays? Really dislike it that much where you don't even have a good time? I've always had a good time there, especially since we've won 2 out of the last 3, yeah?

I don't really have a problem with your preference, just kind of curious. Go green.

Rexrod thinks we lose by 10.  Sounds about right.  You go, you are going to get a lot of grief post game

Self Loathing Spartan, Bandwagon Fan, Pussy.

Tanfan has hit the trifecta.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2015-10-14, 09:18

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
As I said before, the ticket is one of my sisters (um alum, let's be honest, you really want pics? Regardless, shut up you child.)

We don't have that bullshit here. Stale old played board memes are stale old and played.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-10-14, 09:52

NigelUno wrote:
Tanfan! wrote:

What happened to tough guy tanny?

I honestly can't believe people are so influenced by other fans People that won't go to AA/Michigan Stadium... - Page 2 502811600 thin skin or what? Oh no we might lose I'm going to stay home! Weak.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-10-14, 10:00

NigelUno wrote:

I honestly can't believe people are so influenced by other fans People that won't go to AA/Michigan Stadium... - Page 2 502811600 thin skin or what? Oh no we might lose I'm going to stay home! Weak.

One of the greatest games I've ever been to was in AA.

#1 vs. No One

Don't listen to the pussies. Don't listen to the Self Loathing Spartans. Don't listen to the Bandwagon Fans. Go. Cheer your ass off.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2015-10-14, 10:04

Tanny is NOT doing his job as a DE. He should be DEMANDING a win and EXPECTING a win. He's so down lately it's depressing.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-10-14, 10:16

NigelUno wrote:

#1 vs. No One

Don't listen to the pussies.  Don't listen to the Self Loathing Spartans.  Don't listen to the Bandwagon Fans.  Go.  Cheer your ass off.  

You're right, Nigel. That seems like a pretty shitty way to live your life.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jethro Bodeen 2015-10-14, 10:23

Went in 82, 84, 90 and 94. I'm 2-2. I've had enough of the big hole. Shittiest stadium in the Big Ten. By far the shittiest.
Jethro Bodeen
Jethro Bodeen
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-10-14, 10:27

NigelUno wrote:

Yeah some pussies here. Oh man we might get guff if we lose...scrap the game.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-10-14, 10:27

gHost Spartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I went to that game. I didn't think the seating was as bad as everyone mentions.

I remember the stadium didn't strike me as being that loud for the amount of people in it.  

The only trash talk I remember was some dumb ass traffic cop as you cross the street. Overall I just think A2 is a really overrated city. I remember walking around it and you always here from everyone how wonderful it is. I feel like I gave it a fair chance. If someone from out of state were to visit and ask me what they should do. I'd send them to the lake instead of a very mediocre town with a big time sports factory attached to it.

It was quiet. There was a guy behind us making fun of a chubby chick in the band that holds the flags, I forget what they're called. That was about it. The people were nice in that sort of "we're much better than you" kind of way.

I went to the Ark one time to see one of the local radio stations djays play a folk show. My friend knew the guy and wanted to support his gig.

He thought he was some kind of Phil Ochs or Pete Seeger and definitely had the 'we're much better than you' mentality. It was seriously the dumbest fucking show I ever went to. His music was so fucking corny, and about as cracker white as it got. I give him credit it was a packed house, but probably because he promoted it over his own radio show. After the show we talked to him, and he was strutting his shit like he was Mick Jagger. I wanted to be like 'hey pal, you need some honesty because everyone here is blowing sunshine up your ass. Your show sucked'. The guy deserved a big time cock punch.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-10-14, 10:30

NigelUno wrote:

#1 vs. No One

Don't listen to the pussies.  Don't listen to the Self Loathing Spartans.  Don't listen to the Bandwagon Fans.  Go.  Cheer your ass off.  

You're right, Nigel. That seems like a pretty shitty way to live your life.

You're living the high life with Dantonio. Enjoy it. The #1 vs. No One game was great, but there were A LOT more road games I went to that we lost. But, whether I thought we would win or lose didn't impact if I went.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2015-10-14, 10:33

NigelUno wrote:

It's tranny. I've been up for two games this year. I'd say that's pretty good. But you guys are better fans. Bwaaaaa haaaaaa
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-10-14, 10:33

Jethro Bodeen wrote:Went in 82, 84, 90 and 94. I'm 2-2. I've had enough of the big hole. Shittiest stadium in the Big Ten. By far the shittiest.

It's not a great place to watch a game (because it's just a big bowl).
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2015-10-14, 10:34

The_Dude wrote:

Yeah. Dealing with that white trash is a blast. You going?
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-10-14, 10:35

Tanfan! wrote:

It's tranny.  I've been up for two games this year.  I'd say that's pretty good. But you guys are better fans.  Bwaaaaa haaaaaa

Ironic you're playing the "better fan" card shit after bragging about going to the Cotton Bowl for about 6 months after the fact to muffy and whoever you "fight" now
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-10-14, 10:37

Tanfan! wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Yeah. Dealing with that white trash is a blast.  You going?  

Do you guys hang out with white trash or something? Some of the students and alumni I know from there are actual normal people.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-10-14, 10:39

Tanfan! wrote:

It's tranny. I've been up for two games this year. I'd say that's pretty good. But you guys are better fans. Bwaaaaa haaaaaa

Better fan?

You're a bandwagon fan because you're not going because you think we'll lose.
You're a pussy because you're afraid of what Michigan fans will say to you.
You're a Self Loathing Spartan for any number of reasons.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-10-14, 10:58

Tanfan! wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

He has season tickets to the um games, of course he's going.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2015-10-14, 11:21

Tanfan! wrote:

It's tranny.  I've been up for two games this year.  I'd say that's pretty good. But you guys are better fans.  Bwaaaaa haaaaaa

Ironic you're playing the "better fan" card shit after bragging about going to the Cotton Bowl for about 6 months after the fact to muffy and whoever you "fight" now

You and Nigel sound angry.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MasonGuy 2015-10-14, 11:40

I am at a point in my life where I go to Ann Arbor weekly to see my daughter, my grandson and my son-in-law but never on game day. She is a granola eating environmental scientist so the community fits her well. She doesn't really know a football from a handball and she is a WMU grad as is he so there is no crazy wolverine baloney when we are there. They live in a fairly nice neighborhood though and there is not a lot of yellow and blue flags flying around. I don't really understand the community, but I bet the fervor hits a higher level in the surrounding countryside the less your education and income is.

MasonGuy
MasonGuy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2015-10-14, 11:56

CORNER BLITZ wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:I just don't like to be around a bunch of people I don't like.

This is the tldr version of whiteboys which was also on point.

Don't like their fans, colors, fight song so I'll watch on TV and mute it when that garbage comes on
Same here. I've never had the slightest desire to go to a game there, MSU or otherwise. Nothing appeals to me about being surrounded by assholes all day.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-10-14, 12:08

Tanfan! wrote:

You and Nigel sound angry.

Ironic post, again. Half of your posts consists of trying to win some "e-fight" People that won't go to AA/Michigan Stadium... - Page 2 502811600 I'm just calling you out on your hypocritical bullshit.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2015-10-14, 12:12

If I lived up there and someone gave me a free ticket in the MSU section, I might go. But I'd have to think about it. As I said above, being surrounded by assholes all day isn't my thing. I'm sure it's cool to watch us win there, but I'm not one to gloat, so it's not like I'd get any extra satisfaction out of watching them all get silenced in person, as opposed to at home.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-10-14, 12:38

SeeRockCity wrote:
As I said before, the ticket is one of my sisters (um alum, let's be honest, you really want pics? Regardless, shut up you child.)

We don't have that bullshit here. Stale old played board memes are stale old and played.

I like to think so, but sometimes...

Regardless, turns out my sisters friend from school will be in town from out of state. Letting that person have the extra ticket. All around I think everyone will have more fun that way.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-10-14, 12:48

Best time I ever had in A2 was at the Blind Pig. Saw Yo La Tengo play there in the 90's. First time I was in A2 where I thought alright this is pretty impressive.

Place is a dump/dive bar but it was a great place to see a band.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-10-14, 12:52

Look...I'm not saying AA doesn't have a downside...2 fat chicks rolled my buddy for his BK one night...

Just watch your back.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaheab 2015-10-14, 13:50

steveschneider wrote:Best time I ever had in A2 was at the Blind Pig. Saw Yo La Tengo play there in the 90's. First time I was in A2 where I thought alright this is pretty impressive.

Place is a dump/dive bar but it was a great place to see a band.

I love the Blind Pig. It's my favorite small venue in the state (now that The Srutt in Kzoo is closed). Really I like AA as a city. The tailgating atmosphere is good on game days too. I just hate that stadium. I'd rather watch a game at Purdue's hellhole.
Jaheab
Jaheab
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-10-14, 13:54

Jethro Bodeen wrote:Went in 82, 84, 90 and 94. I'm 2-2. I've had enough of the big hole. Shittiest stadium in the Big Ten. By far the shittiest.

Actually that would be Spartan Stadium. Bathrooms are beyond insane, and the shoulder to shoulder packed lass like sardines trying to walk around the concourse is fucking brutal.

UM has a massive outdoor concourse so you aren't packed in shoving your way to your seats and bathrooms are never an issue.

The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-10-14, 14:00

Tanfan! wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Yeah Im going. Been to the Outhouse every away game since 2004. I have a ton of friends on both sides and we have a huge party at the golfcourse. Always a great time. Yes, there are white trash people there and tons of Walmarters...but I just laugh at those losers. It also helps I roll with a pretty big group of Spartans.

Also, there are sooo many people that just party and don't about the game. I expect, if we lose, to take a few rude comments after the game...I'll just keep walking like I didn't hear it. Pisses them off more when you don't give in to their troll bait.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-10-14, 14:02

MiamiSpartan wrote:
If I lived up there and someone gave me a free ticket in the MSU section, I might go. But I'd have to think about it. As I said above, being surrounded by assholes all day isn't my thing. I'm sure it's cool to watch us win there, but I'm not one to gloat, so it's not like I'd get any extra satisfaction out of watching them all get silenced in person, as opposed to at home.

Once again, does simply being a UM fan means you are an asshole? Ive sat in the MSU section only once in the Big House...every other time I havent really had an issue sitting next to people in the stands. I am respectful though...I don't yell in peoples ears and taunt. Just keep to myself and my Spartan fans...root amongst ourselves, and don't be a dick. Its worked for me so far.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-10-14, 14:10

The_Dude wrote:

Actually that would be Spartan Stadium. Bathrooms are beyond insane, and the shoulder to shoulder packed lass like sardines trying to walk around the concourse is fucking brutal.

UM has a massive outdoor concourse so you aren't packed in shoving your way to your seats and bathrooms are never an issue.

Shocking take.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-10-14, 14:14

The_Dude wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

Once again, does simply being a UM fan means you are an asshole? Ive sat in the MSU section only once in the Big House...every other time I havent really had an issue sitting next to people in the stands. I am respectful though...I don't yell in peoples ears and taunt. Just keep to myself and my Spartan fans...root amongst ourselves, and don't be a dick. Its worked for me so far.
People that won't go to AA/Michigan Stadium... - Page 2 1494614055
You expect us to believe that you are the complete 180 degree opposite at the only game you go to, than your online persona?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-10-14, 14:37

The_Dude wrote:

Actually that would be Spartan Stadium.  Bathrooms are beyond insane, and the shoulder to shoulder packed lass like sardines trying to walk around the concourse is fucking brutal.

The bathrooms do suck at SS, and I usually sit around the 50 in the middle of a long aisle. Getting in and out can be a pain, I typically just stay put till half time.

The seat space was fine, but when they added those little screw on seats I felt like it ate up some realestate. It's not a very comfortable seat.

The good is, I love the campus. Great place to tailgate. From inside the stadium I can see the game really well. I can hear the band, and the place sounds louder than the few times I've been to the Big Hole.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-10-14, 14:42

tDude is trying so hard in this thread. People that won't go to AA/Michigan Stadium... - Page 2 502811600
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-10-14, 14:43

The_Dude wrote:

Actually that would be Spartan Stadium.  Bathrooms are beyond insane, and the shoulder to shoulder packed lass like sardines trying to walk around the concourse is fucking brutal.

Shocking take.

Its not an opinion just a fact. Ive had numerous gameday experiences at both stadiums. Spartan Stadium typically has the worst gameday experience for actual fans in the B1G.  Almost everyone agrees that has been to SS and other B1G venues.  Ive been to 8 other B1G stadiums and SS is the worst when it comes to ammenities.  Just the way it is, no need to get mad.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2015-10-14, 14:44

The_Dude wrote:

Shocking take.

Its not an opinion just the fact of gameday experiences at both stadiums over been to multiple times.  Spartan Stadium typically has the worst gameday experience for actual fans in the B1G.  Almost everyone agrees that has been to SS and other B1G venues.  Ive been to 8 other B1G stadiums and SS is the worst when it comes to ammenities.  Just the way it is, no need to get mad.

Of course you have.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next