Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

People that won't go to AA/Michigan Stadium...

+28
MiamiSpartan
MasonGuy
Jethro Bodeen
SeeRockCity
InTenSity
Watch Out Pylon!
tanfan!
Jaheab
Death Roe
tGreenWay
y2kMgrad
By-Tor
NigelUno
duffy munn
The Pantry
CORNER BLITZ
GRR Spartan
Herbie Green
WhiteBoyHatcher
xsanguine
The_Dude
kingstonlake
steveschneider
Travis of the Cosmos
DWags
Floyd Robertson
Giant Moose
Other Teams Pursuing That
32 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

People that won't go to AA/Michigan Stadium... - Page 3 Empty Re: People that won't go to AA/Michigan Stadium...

Post by NigelUno Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:45 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Its not an opinion just the fact of gameday experiences at both stadiums over been to multiple times.  Spartan Stadium typically has the worst gameday experience for actual fans in the B1G.  Almost everyone agrees that has been to SS and other B1G venues.  Ive been to 8 other B1G stadiums and SS is the worst when it comes to ammenities.  Just the way it is, no need to get mad.

Of course you have.

tDude needs to work a little harder at not outing himself.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

People that won't go to AA/Michigan Stadium... - Page 3 Empty Re: People that won't go to AA/Michigan Stadium...

Post by Death Roe Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:52 pm

tDude: Racist, Bigot, UM fan.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:55 pm

The_Dude wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

Shocking take.

Its not an opinion just a fact. Ive had numerous gameday experiences at both stadiums. Spartan Stadium typically has the worst gameday experience for actual fans in the B1G.  Almost everyone agrees that has been to SS and other B1G venues.  Ive been to 8 other B1G stadiums and SS is the worst when it comes to ammenities.  Just the way it is, no need to get mad.
Who is mad? Go to rcmb if that's what you're looking for. No doubt they'll gobble it up.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:01 pm

The_Dude wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:
If I lived up there and someone gave me a free ticket in the MSU section, I might go. But I'd have to think about it. As I said above, being surrounded by assholes all day isn't my thing. I'm sure it's cool to watch us win there, but I'm not one to gloat, so it's not like I'd get any extra satisfaction out of watching them all get silenced in person, as opposed to at home.

Once again, does simply being a UM fan means you are an asshole? Ive sat in the MSU section only once in the Big House...every other time I havent really had an issue sitting next to people in the stands. I am respectful though...I don't yell in peoples ears and taunt. Just keep to myself and my Spartan fans...root amongst ourselves, and don't be a dick. Its worked for me so far.
You're confusing individuals with the collective. Individually, there are some people who have been the dealt the unfortunate hand of fate that made them UM fans, that are nice, good, cool people, especially when football is not part of the conversation. As a collective, when it comes to football game day? ASSHOLES. And even if you're with a couple of cool ones, you're surrounded by the collective assholery.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:02 pm

The_Dude wrote:
UM has a massive outdoor concourse so you aren't packed in shoving your way to your seats and bathrooms are never an issue.

That's a concourse?  I thought it was just like...you know...outside the stadium...outdoors.  But, you call that a concourse?  OK...

And UM fans aren't packed in getting to seats, or getting in/out at halftime, or leaving, or just sitting? People that won't go to AA/Michigan Stadium... - Page 3 502811600
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:29 pm

NigelUno wrote:
The_Dude wrote:
UM has a massive outdoor concourse so you aren't packed in shoving your way to your seats and bathrooms are never an issue.

That's a concourse?  I thought it was just like...you know...outside the stadium...outdoors.  But, you call that a concourse?  OK...

And UM fans aren't packed in getting to seats, or getting in/out at halftime, or leaving, or just sitting? People that won't go to AA/Michigan Stadium... - Page 3 502811600

I mean, you have to have a ticket to even be there so yeah. SS is a massive mob once through the gates
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:30 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Its not an opinion just the fact of gameday experiences at both stadiums over been to multiple times.  Spartan Stadium typically has the worst gameday experience for actual fans in the B1G.  Almost everyone agrees that has been to SS and other B1G venues.  Ive been to 8 other B1G stadiums and SS is the worst when it comes to ammenities.  Just the way it is, no need to get mad.

Of course you have.

Have you been to numerous other B1G stadiums? If so where you rank SS in terms of fan friendly experience/amenities?

It's at the bottom. Any away fan that has been to SS will say the same thing.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:35 pm

The_Dude wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Of course you have.

Have you been to numerous other B1G stadiums? If so where you rank SS in terms of fan friendly experience/amenities?

God knows you'd know what the opinion of an away fan at spartan stadium is.

Goddamn do you make that "he's a um fan" line about you easy.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:37 pm

The_Dude wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Of course you have.

No way anyone would enjoy SS.
Duck enjoyed student section

I have never written a letter to a paper before in my 50 years of being alive. However, I felt I would be remiss if I didn’t write you about my experience visiting East Lansing as an avid Oregon Duck football fan. Although I’m very disappointed that Oregon didn’t win, I had by far the best experience I have ever had at an away football game. I have been to at least 30 road football games over the years in following the Ducks and have never been treated as well as an away fan as I was in your city and stadium, it’s not even close (this includes the other major program in your state). I didn’t have even one bad experience with any fan and I sat in the alumni section next to the students. Just wanted to say thanks for such a great time and how well I was treated as a rival fan. Nothing but true class.

Don Jeskey

Canby, Ore.

There is another one but I thought this one would do.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:56 pm

The_Dude wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

I mean, you have to have a ticket to even be there so yeah. SS is a massive mob once through the gates

So, if MSU just put a huge fence around Spartan Stadium, then you would call that outdoor open area a concourse? And that would improve the experience to match the Big Hole? (which by the way is one of the worst places to watch a game of any stadium anywhere...pro or college.)
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:07 pm

The_Dude wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Of course you have.

I can tell you that the scoreboards/video/LED ribbons are infinitely better at Spartan Stadium than at Georgia and Tennessee. Had no problem getting to my seats for the Oregon game. It was crowded getting out because everyone pretty much left at the same time, which happened at UT as well. I can guarantee it is much more difficult getting inside the Big Hole, and leaving as well. Your schtick is kind of falling apart today...get it together.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:13 pm

NigelUno wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

I can tell you that the scoreboards/video/LED ribbons are infinitely better at Spartan Stadium than at Georgia and Tennessee. Had no problem getting to my seats for the Oregon game. It was crowded getting out because everyone pretty much left at the same time, which happened at UT as well. I can guarantee it is much more difficult getting inside the Big Hole, and leaving as well. Your schtick is kind of falling apart today...get it together.

Bathrooms aren't really that bad if you learn how to time your bathroom breaks like not a goddamn moron. You see everyone leaving right after an msu touchdown? Bad time to go silly. Wait until right as the next possession is ending. Smaller crowd, most difficult part is fighting the traffic going to opposite way as everyone comes back. You'll be back to your seat before the next possession starts.

#protip
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:33 pm

When I go to a game, I like to watch the game, AA is horrible because you are basically sitting on someones lap, or they're sitting on yours, you can't move, if you stand up, the expansion of butts causes your seat to disappear, the most thoroughly unpleasant game experience I've had (twice). It's a max 90k stadium they squeeze 110 into, surprised the local fire marshall has never intervened, wait, I know why.
I've been to a few big stadiums, and the only one I wouldn't go back to is the Hole unless I was sitting in a loge, and then I'd probably have to think about it.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:08 pm

NigelUno wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

I can tell you that the scoreboards/video/LED ribbons are infinitely better at Spartan Stadium than at Georgia and Tennessee. Had no problem getting to my seats for the Oregon game. It was crowded getting out because everyone pretty much left at the same time, which happened at UT as well. I can guarantee it is much more difficult getting inside the Big Hole, and leaving as well. Your schtick is kind of falling apart today...get
it together.

Whatever you say. How many games you've been to at UM? Other B1G venues? How much interaction with other fanbases have you had about stadium experiences?
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:20 pm

The_Dude wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

I can tell you that the scoreboards/video/LED ribbons are infinitely better at Spartan Stadium than at Georgia and Tennessee.  Had no problem getting to my seats for the Oregon game.  It was crowded getting out because everyone pretty much left at the same time, which happened at UT as well.  I can guarantee it is much more difficult getting inside the Big Hole, and leaving as well.  Your schtick is kind of falling apart today...get
it together.

Whatever you say. How many games you've been to at UM? Other B1G venues? How much interaction with other fanbases have you had about stadium experiences?

Whatever I say?  I've been to games at those 3 venues this year.  It's not 2nd hand knowledge.  

There are less entrances/person at the Big Hole than at other stadiums.  It's not rocket science.  You do understand that aspect of it, right?  I mean, it seems pretty simple.  I'm glad you're impressed with an outdoor "concourse" though.

And (again) your schtick is really falling apart today.  Do you have a Rick Leach jersey on or something?  Khaki pants too?

Last edited by NigelUno on Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:23 pm

NigelUno wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Whatever I say?  I've been to games at those 3 venues this year.  It's not 2nd hand knowledge.  

There are less entrances/person at the Big Hole than at other stadiums.  It's not rocket science.  You do understand that aspect of it, right?  I mean, it seems pretty simple.  I'm glad you're impressed with an outdoor concourse though.  

Post pics of you at said games. You won't coward. Nobody believes. you
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:32 pm

Tanfan! wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

There are less entrances/person at the Big Hole than at other stadiums.  It's not rocket science.  You do understand that aspect of it, right?  I mean, it seems pretty simple.  I'm glad you're impressed with an outdoor concourse though.  

Post pics of you at said games.  You won't coward. Nobody believes. you

Uh oh.  Somebody better tell ghost that Tanfan just broke ranks.

DWags!!!  More tacos!!!  So easy.  Just like stealin'.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:40 pm

Can't you kids take this shit to the other board, where it belongs?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:18 pm

The Pantry wrote:Can't you kids take this shit to the other board, where it belongs?

Every once in a while I like to call Nigel out for the phony that he is.  It's fun to watch him go berserk.  Just a tweak now and then to keep him stalking.you notice how he dodged the question and deflected?  He won't post a pic of himself because he knows he'll fit the stereotype we all have if what the dork looks like. People that won't go to AA/Michigan Stadium... - Page 3 328670334
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:24 pm

Tanfan! wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Can't you kids take this shit to the other board, where it belongs?

Every once in a while I like to call Nigel out for the phony that he is.  It's fun to watch him go berserk.  Just a tweak now and then to keep him stalking.you notice how he dodged the question and deflected?  He won't post a pic of himself because he knows he'll fit the stereotype we all have if what the dork looks like. People that won't go to AA/Michigan Stadium... - Page 3 328670334

Phony is a good word to describe Nigel
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:45 pm

The_Dude wrote:
Tanfan! wrote:

Says the Michigan fan on an MSU board.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:47 pm

Nigel, I told you Tanfan was my bitch, not yours. I'd love to have beers with tanfan and get into a bar fight down in Orlando, guaranteed that would be a blast, even at our age, but damn, he's easy on these boards. No more Tanfan bets.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:57 pm

DWags wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Sleep
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:02 pm

The_Dude wrote:
DWags wrote:

Sleep
Tell us a good story from back in the dorm, Uncle Dude People that won't go to AA/Michigan Stadium... - Page 3 276803595
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:28 pm

I've been there 2X. Once when I was a kid. The last time was like 10 years ago. One of our suppliers at the time, GT Products, owned a small building across from Crisler Arena, and invited me to a game. They had their own parking lot, the small building had a bar, a kitchen, and a buffet line, and they had a bartender and a chef for breakfast and drinks before, and drinks and dinner after. We could get there early, relax and drink, and after the game relax, drink, and have dinner while we waited for traffic to clear. It was the most awesome way to go to a game there. I don't know if they still own that building, but they said SCum had been trying to buy the building from them for many years. It was a sweet setup.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:44 pm

The Pantry wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Sleep
Tell us a good story from back in the dorm, Uncle Dude People that won't go to AA/Michigan Stadium... - Page 3 276803595

People that won't go to AA/Michigan Stadium... - Page 3 3742235224
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:14 pm

Ann Arbor is a great town - great restaurants, music venues, etc - and I've been to some games there - just not this week.

I'm busy in the lovely mountains of North Carolina.. People that won't go to AA/Michigan Stadium... - Page 3 3493939353
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:18 pm

Jaheab wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Best time I ever had in A2 was at the Blind Pig. Saw Yo La Tengo play there in the 90's. First time I was in A2 where I thought alright this is pretty impressive.

Place is a dump/dive bar but it was a great place to see a band.

I love the Blind Pig. It's my favorite small venue in the state (now that The Srutt in Kzoo is closed). Really I like AA as a city. The tailgating atmosphere is good on game days too. I just hate that stadium. I'd rather watch a game at Purdue's hellhole.
been to The Pyramid Scheme in GR? It's turned into my favorite Michigan venue - was front row for The Hold Steady last September. Craig is actually playing there Monday night.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:19 pm

I bet Bob picked this week to go on vacation for a reason.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:20 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Jaheab wrote:

I love the Blind Pig. It's my favorite small venue in the state (now that The Srutt in Kzoo is closed). Really I like AA as a city. The tailgating atmosphere is good on game days too. I just hate that stadium. I'd rather watch a game at Purdue's hellhole.
been to The Pyramid Scheme in GR? It's turned into my favorite Michigan venue - was front row for The Hold Steady last September. Craig is actually playing there Monday night.

What in the hell are you doing on here at night?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:24 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Ann Arbor is a great town - great restaurants, music venues, etc - and I've been to some games there - just not this week.

I'm busy in the lovely mountains of North Carolina.. People that won't go to AA/Michigan Stadium... - Page 3 3493939353
NC is beautiful.

Tell us a good story from back in the dorm, Uncle Bob People that won't go to AA/Michigan Stadium... - Page 3 276803595
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:27 pm

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I'm in North Carolina - bored. Everyone is in bed. And I remembered that I hadn't submitted my pick 'em picks.

Last edited by Robert J Sakimano on Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:27 pm

The Pantry wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:Ann Arbor is a great town - great restaurants, music venues, etc - and I've been to some games there - just not this week.

NC is beautiful.

Tell us a good story from back in the dorm, Uncle Bob People that won't go to AA/Michigan Stadium... - Page 3 276803595
People that won't go to AA/Michigan Stadium... - Page 3 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:32 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

I'm in North Carolina - bored. Everyone is in bed. And I remembered that I hadn't submitted my pick 'em picks.

Is it still raining?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:40 pm

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Is it still raining?
nope - beautiful. 68 and sunny today, low 40's tonight. Gonna be cold Sunday morning.. down into the low 30's.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:46 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Is it still raining?
nope - beautiful. 68 and sunny today, low 40's tonight. Gonna be cold Sunday morning.. down into the low 30's.

Great time of year (weatherwise...minus the hurricanes) in the South.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:47 pm

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:nope - beautiful. 68 and sunny today, low 40's tonight. Gonna be cold Sunday morning.. down into the low 30's.

indeed.. if you get lost and find yourself in the Asheville area the next 4-5 days, let me know.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:49 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

indeed.. if you get lost and find yourself in the Asheville area the next 4-5 days, let me know.

If I was lost, how would I know where I was?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:51 pm

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:indeed.. if you get lost and find yourself in the Asheville area the next 4-5 days, let me know.

there will be signs..

People that won't go to AA/Michigan Stadium... - Page 3 PICT0326
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:56 pm

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:indeed.. if you get lost and find yourself in the Asheville area the next 4-5 days, let me know.

Boulder fences along I-40
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next