Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's all the recent Rexrode hate about?

+19
The Pantry
Floyd Robertson
Giant Moose
SeeRockCity
Code_Warrior
Turtleneck
GRR Spartan
DWags
MiamiSpartan
Other Teams Pursuing That
The_Dude
NigelUno
Robert J Sakimano
pulling69
steveschneider
Rocinante
InTenSity
Triple Sparty
Vlad
23 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What's all the recent Rexrode hate about? Empty What's all the recent Rexrode hate about?

Post by Vlad Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:22 pm

Just browsed the RCMB (I hope you don't mind). What did Rexrode do/write to draw so much hate from the MSU faithful?

Without even knowing, I'm guessing he probably said something that was true, since that's all it takes...
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

What's all the recent Rexrode hate about? Empty Re: What's all the recent Rexrode hate about?

Post by Triple Sparty Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:24 pm

Not sure. But then again I don't read the sports section except on Sunday and not the Freep.
Triple Sparty
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

What's all the recent Rexrode hate about? Empty Re: What's all the recent Rexrode hate about?

Post by InTenSity Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:26 pm

In twitter today he called the RCMB a place full of meth heads, or something to that effect.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:27 pm

Ha.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:30 pm

Ok, I found it.
Joe Rexrode @joerexrode 5h
It's about time we got to the truth. The meth heads on the RCMB think so to.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:31 pm

Must be a terrible job being a sports writer in the day and age of twitter/message boards/comment sections.

Way too many fanatical fans given a voice. Every college sports article I read on any site, regardless of what school it is there are fanatical fans spewing out hate.

Last edited by steveschneider on Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:34 pm

His weekly chat just got real interesting What's all the recent Rexrode hate about? 276803595
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:34 pm

Vlad wrote:Just browsed the RCMB (I hope you don't mind). What did Rexrode do/write to draw so much hate from the MSU faithful?

Without even knowing, I'm guessing he probably said something that was true, since that's all it takes...
I'm guessing that he dared to have an opinion different from tRCMB.. they aren't really big on people having their own thoughts, ideas and opinions.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:36 pm

Now he is lashing out at Dan Kilbridge :lol:
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:37 pm

pulling69 wrote:His weekly chat just got real interesting What's all the recent Rexrode hate about? 276803595
Link?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:39 pm

InTenSity wrote:
pulling69 wrote:His weekly chat just got real interesting What's all the recent Rexrode hate about? 276803595
Link?

As it future tense, I think it is tomorrow? I know a bunch of tSwill guys usually troll him on it so add that to the insane amount of trolling he will get from tRCMB this week and it should make for some solid entertainment.
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:41 pm

pulling69 wrote:
InTenSity wrote:
Link?

As it future tense, I think it is tomorrow? I know a bunch of tSwill guys usually troll him on it so add that to the insane amount of trolling he will get from tRCMB this week and it should make for some solid entertainment.
I wouldn't say we troll him. I think we're trying to sneak tswill into the questions, and it annoys him. Matt at Detnews, will straight up let us add questions with tswill in em.
It doesn't matter anyway, he gets to pick whatever questions he wants, so whatever he does pick to 'troll' will be low lying fruit that he can lash back easily on.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:42 pm

Vlad wrote:Just browsed the RCMB (I hope you don't mind). What did Rexrode do/write to draw so much hate from the MSU faithful?

Did you ask over there (on tRCMB)? What did they say?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:49 pm

NigelUno wrote:

He also could have read the thread, but didn't do that either. Weird guy.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:53 pm

NigelUno wrote:

he should ask the intellectual giant and bastion of emotional security, the Gringo From Guadalajara, about what Rexrode said that has all of them peeing themselves.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:15 pm

I think he's just poking fun at the dorks that rule rcmb these days.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:23 pm

I don't really know much about this (another) e-battle, but I would guess that Rexrode is on his high horse about the officiating, and rcmb is claiming Delaney is rigging games.

No in between for those two. Rexrode is a tool, and MSU has never done wrong according to 24/7
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:32 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I'm guessing that he dared to have an opinion different from tRCMB.. they aren't really big on people having their own thoughts, ideas and opinions.

To be fair, that's not a real strong suit here either.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:34 pm

Vlad wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Nigel, Duffy, and Wags are the Justice League Warriors over here. Neutral
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:34 pm

Vlad wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

What's all the recent Rexrode hate about? 1362440668

You and tDud could start your own board and What's all the recent Rexrode hate about? 3434560931 all night.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:35 pm

I did read the first page of the thread over there, but it got messy, so I wasn't about to read the other 3 pages.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:35 pm

The_Dude wrote:
Vlad wrote:

Nigel, Duffy, and Wags are the Justice League Warriors over here.  Neutral

Jon Snow and The Night's Watch.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:55 pm

Vlad wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

To be fair, you don't really seem to be that interested in what Rexrode said or why tRCMB is mad, or having your own thoughts, ideas and opinions on the thread that you started asking about it.

You're just using it to troll.

So congrats on not having a thought, idea, or opinion on a topic/thread that you brought up.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:59 pm

The_Dude wrote:
Vlad wrote:

Good one.

Did Vlad have a thought, idea, or opinion on the topic that he brought up? I think I missed it.

Good job trolling though.

You guys make a good team.

Have you met Vlad? He claims to not really know you.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:01 pm

Vlad wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

No one ever says you can't have your own thoughts, ideas, and opinions here.  But when they suck ass, we will tell you that your thoughts, ideas, and opinions suck ass.  You're welcome to hold those opinions, and we're welcome to tell you what we think about them.  Give the internet martyrdom a rest.

Last edited by MiamiSpartan on Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:02 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Vlad wrote:

No one ever says you can't have your own thoughts, ideas, and opinions here. But when your opinions suck ass, we will tell you that your thoughts, ideas, and opinions suck ass. You're welcome to hold those opinions, and we're welcome to tell you what we think about them. Give the internet martyrdom a rest.

But, in this case...he didn't even have a thought, idea, or opinion. He kind of just skipped over that part.

He's a martyr!!! About something!!!
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:03 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I don't really know much about this (another) e-battle, but I would guess that Rexrode is on his high horse about the officiating, and rcmb is claiming Delaney is rigging games.

No in between for those two. Rexrode is a tool, and MSU has never done wrong according to 24/7

I remember I read a few columns by the old LSJ guy Schultz? I forget his name. He wrote back when MSU was awful at football and he wrote a few albums calling out how mediocre MSU football was.

Everyone hated him. I thought he was just being honest.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:06 pm

NigelUno wrote:
Vlad wrote:

To be fair, you don't really seem to be that interested in what Rexrode said or why tRCMB is mad, or having your own thoughts, ideas and opinions on the thread that you started asking about it.

So congrats on not having a thought, idea, or opinion on a topic/thread that you brought up.

This is getting weird with Nigel, but whatever. I've got a little time to kill so I'll play...

1. I am interestered in what Rexrode might've said. That's why I raised the question.  I didn't raise it on the RCMB because I'm trying my best to get this board up and running.  This place is dead most of the time. Crickets.

2. Why the RCMB is mad...well, that would be related to item 1 above right? So see item 1 above.

3. Having my own thoughts on what Rexrode said...Again, can't really formulate those thoughts until I know what the fuck Rexrode said.  See item 1 above.

Yeah, definitely getting weird. Nigel, I think you're just trying too hard to be Dwags Jr.  You can't be Dwags Jr.  Just let the hate come to you naturally. Don't reach; be your own hater.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:08 pm

The_Dude wrote:
Vlad wrote:

Like I told you, people read what you write. You aren't doing this in a vacuum. I know you're an idiot, but if someone disagrees with what you say it points out how you say two different things in the same thread, that's not justice league, that's pointing out you're a moron.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:11 pm

steveschneider wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I don't really know much about this (another) e-battle, but I would guess that Rexrode is on his high horse about the officiating, and rcmb is claiming Delaney is rigging games.

I remember I read a few columns by the old LSJ guy Schultz? I forget his name. He wrote back when MSU was awful at football and he wrote a few albums calling out how mediocre MSU football was.

Everyone hated him. I thought he was just being honest. 

Reminds me of the time I said MSU is not a playoff team this year and that our special teams stink. You should've heard 'em!

Oh wait, that was just a few weeks ago, on this board!

But yeah, I know what you mean.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:11 pm

Vlad wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

This is getting weird with Nigel, but whatever. I've got a little time to kill so I'll play...

1. I am interestered in what Rexrode might've said. That's why I raised the question.  I didn't raise it on the RCMB because I'm trying my best to get this board up and running.  This place is dead most of the time. Crickets.

2. Why the RCMB is mad...well, that would be related to item 1 above right? So see item 1 above.

3. Having my own thoughts on what Rexrode said...Again, can't really formulate those thoughts until I know what the fuck Rexrode said.  See item 1 above.

Yeah, definitely getting weird. Nigel, I think you're just trying too hard to be Dwags Jr.  You can't be Dwags Jr.  Just let the hate come to you naturally. Don't reach; be your own hater.

What's all the recent Rexrode hate about? 4113017228 Still no thoughts, ideas, or opinions...
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:13 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Vlad wrote:

No one ever says you can't have your own thoughts, ideas, and opinions here.  But when they suck ass, we will tell you that your thoughts, ideas, and opinions suck ass.  You're welcome to hold those opinions, and we're welcome to tell you what we think about them.  Give the internet martyrdom a rest.

This.

And Vlad, if you think this place is dead - did you really think a thread about rexrode vs rcmb is the way of getting it up and running? tSwill is fine with or without you.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:13 pm

NigelUno wrote:

Lol.

No shit, take 5, read the thread and tell us. That way we don't have to fucking guess like some very nice people will do here for him. It was a tired act over there, now we're seeing a retread over here. Jesus.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:15 pm

NigelUno wrote:
Vlad wrote:

What's all the recent Rexrode hate about? 4113017228 Still no thoughts, ideas, or opinions...

How many posts does that guy mention me in?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:16 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

This.

And Vlad, if you think this place is dead - did you really think a thread about rexrode vs rcmb is the way of getting it up and running? tSwill is fine with or without you.

He's probably banned.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:19 pm

DWags wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Nigel, Duffy, and Wags are the Justice League Warriors over here.  Neutral

Like I told you, people read what you write. You aren't doing this in a vacuum. I know you're an idiot, but if someone disagrees with what you say it points out how you say two different things in the same thread, that's not justice league, that's pointing out you're a moron.

People agree and disagree about a variety of topics over time, especially on message boards like these. Is it really important to point out all the "morons"?? Does it change anything?

I'm thinking back to some of the heated debates on Wells.  The bank bailouts, the auto bailouts, QE rounds 1, 2, 3...Sure, all the people arguing against those programs were idiots. I think that, and maybe you think that too. But do you think they saw it that way? No. So who gives a shit how much we were convinced there would be no inflation directly resulting from QE?

So it really makes no difference what you think of others' opinions Dwags. I get that you walk with an air of superiority on this particular board.  Maybe you really do own this place, I don't know.  But it makes no difference what you think.

I guess what I'm saying is - congratulations on being one of the few smart people on this or any message board. Unfortunately, there's no trophy.  Not even any playoffs.  You just have to take pride in winning your own fabricated NCISP (National Championship of Internet Sports Posting).
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:21 pm

Vlad wrote:
DWags wrote:

People agree and disagree about a variety of topics over time, especially on message boards like these. Is it really important to point out all the "morons"?? Does it change anything?

I'm thinking back to some of the heated debates on Wells.  The bank bailouts, the auto bailouts, QE rounds 1, 2, 3...Sure, all the people arguing against those programs were idiots. I think that, and maybe you think that too. But do you think they saw it that way? No. So who gives a shit how much we were convinced there would be no inflation directly resulting from QE?

So it really makes no difference what you think of others' opinions Dwags. I get that you walk with an air of superiority on this particular board.  Maybe you really do own this place, I don't know.  But it makes no difference what you think.

I guess what I'm saying is - congratulations on being one of the few smart people on this or any message board. Unfortunately, there's no trophy.  Not even any playoffs.  You just have to take pride in winning your own fabricated NCISP (National Championship of Internet Sports Posting).

What's all the recent Rexrode hate about? 4113017228  Still no thoughts, ideas, or opinions...
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:22 pm

DWags wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

What's all the recent Rexrode hate about? 4113017228  Still no thoughts, ideas, or opinions...

How many posts does that guy mention me in?

Fewer than you mention me in yours. Guaranteed! Count 'em.  (I know you have the time Dwags.  Count 'em.)

Last edited by Vlad on Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:24 pm

NigelUno wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

This.

He's probably banned.  

Not presently. Was banned a total of 3 times over 20 years. To think, I used to be a Mod there back in the 90s ...
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:28 pm

Last edited by Vlad on Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next