Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's all the recent Rexrode hate about?

+19
The Pantry
Floyd Robertson
Giant Moose
SeeRockCity
Code_Warrior
Turtleneck
GRR Spartan
DWags
MiamiSpartan
Other Teams Pursuing That
The_Dude
NigelUno
Robert J Sakimano
pulling69
steveschneider
Rocinante
InTenSity
Triple Sparty
Vlad
23 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

What's all the recent Rexrode hate about? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's all the recent Rexrode hate about?

Post by Vlad 2015-11-10, 15:07

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Vlad wrote:

I say what you're thinking but don't have the balls to say. That's the difference. I make you uncomfortable by putting in writing your inner fears.

Tell me you didn't think a few weeks ago "there's no way this fuckin' team belongs in the playoffs"?  You were right. Razz

Tell me you didn't think last Tuesday "WTF, they actually put TWO one-loss teams ahead of us??"

You're welcome Miami. I'm here for you. I'll help you sort through your fears.
I hate to break it to you, but not everyone lives in fear like you do, Vlad.  Though I can imagine that it makes one rather miserable, always fearful of the other shoe dropping.  IMHO, that would be a horrible way to go through life, but to each their own.  That doesn't mean that I think everything is unicorns and rainbows, I just live in reality.  The reality is that playoff spots are not handed out in September and October.  We were always a playoff team if we were to go undefeated.  Doesn't matter if we're winning every game by 4 points or 40 points.  Doesn't matter if teams in the first poll are ranked ahead of us.  It was always up to us.  Maybe we win, maybe we lose.  But I certainly don't "fear" that a sports team might lose a game.  

I think you've taken my use of the word "fear" far too literally. It's just sports man, so when I say "fear", I don't mean laying awake at night worrying about the next opponent, having nightmares about finishing 5th in the final playoff poll, etc. I just mean in the context of this trivial thing we call sports.  It's not worth "fearing" in the literal sense.

Does that help any? Probably not, but heck, I tried. It's just sports dude. Just sports.

As far as making the playoffs at 13-0, all I can say is that I would've slept fine either way.  Either I would've wrote a check for $100 and my team would've been in the playoffs, or we would've gotten the shaft and I'd have won a $10k bet.  How can anyone live in fear with those terms?

But it wasn't to be, and that does suck a little bit. One or two teams are gonna get screwed each year under this 4 team format.  Given that MSU is not one of the blue bloods of college football, I'll never assume we're in until I actually see it happen. That's not fear, that's 35 years of experience telling me where MSU stands in the fuller context of college football.

A perfect MSU against a 1-loss blue blood program with a "good loss"...yeah, ok...

Last edited by Vlad on 2015-11-10, 15:14; edited 2 times in total
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

What's all the recent Rexrode hate about? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's all the recent Rexrode hate about?

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-11-10, 15:09

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:oe Rexrode ‏@joerexrode 3m3 minutes ago East Lansing, MI

Laughing loudly at Breslin Center as @MikeWilson247 reads me RCMB comments about my large body, low income etc. Gimme some free food!!!!
I'm really amazed by the huge lack of a sense of humor over on tRCMB. I don't know why I should be surprised, since the lack of a sense of humor there is a big part of why tSwill even exists, but I am.
not only do they lack a sense of humor, but they're touchy about the fact that they lack a sense of humor. Like you say, that's really the reason tSwill even exists..

long live tSwill.. a bastion of free speech, free thought, free expression and virtual pillar of hilarity.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2015-11-10, 16:40

Vlad wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:
I hate to break it to you, but not everyone lives in fear like you do, Vlad.  Though I can imagine that it makes one rather miserable, always fearful of the other shoe dropping.  IMHO, that would be a horrible way to go through life, but to each their own.  That doesn't mean that I think everything is unicorns and rainbows, I just live in reality.  The reality is that playoff spots are not handed out in September and October.  We were always a playoff team if we were to go undefeated.  Doesn't matter if we're winning every game by 4 points or 40 points.  Doesn't matter if teams in the first poll are ranked ahead of us.  It was always up to us.  Maybe we win, maybe we lose.  But I certainly don't "fear" that a sports team might lose a game.  

I think you've taken my use of the word "fear" far too literally. It's just sports man, so when I say "fear", I don't mean laying awake at night worrying about the next opponent, having nightmares about finishing 5th in the final playoff poll, etc. I just mean in the context of this trivial thing we call sports.  It's not worth "fearing" in the literal sense.

Does that help any? Probably not, but heck, I tried. It's just sports dude. Just sports.

As far as making the playoffs at 13-0, all I can say is that I would've slept fine either way.  Either I would've wrote a check for $100 and my team would've been in the playoffs, or we would've gotten the shaft and I'd have won a $10k bet.  How can anyone live in fear with those terms?

But it wasn't to be, and that does suck a little bit. One or two teams are gonna get screwed each year under this 4 team format.  Given that MSU is not one of the blue bloods of college football, I'll never assume we're in until I actually see it happen. That's not fear, that's 35 years of experience telling me where MSU stands in the fuller context of college football.

A perfect MSU against a 1-loss blue blood program with a "good loss"...yeah, ok...
At the risk of starting up all the betting stuff again, if MSU goes 12-1 and makes the playoff, I hope you still pay the $100. I know that MSU losing lets Nigel off for his side, but if a 12-1 MSU team were to make the playoff, then it's guaranteed that an undefeated MSU team would have made the playoffs. Technically the bet is voided by the loss, but one side of the bet can still potentially be proven correct.

In fact, Nigel should pay $100, too (both to charity), because your constant bickering last week about that bet was annoying as hell and took away from a lot of good discussion in that thread about the actual topic of the bet.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2015-11-10, 16:47

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Vlad wrote:

At the risk of starting up all the betting stuff again, if MSU goes 12-1 and makes the playoff, I hope you still pay the $100.  I know that MSU losing lets Nigel off for his side, but if a 12-1 MSU team were to make the playoff, then it's guaranteed that an undefeated MSU team would have made the playoffs.  Technically the bet is voided by the loss, but one side of the bet can still potentially be proven correct.  

In fact, Nigel should pay $100, too (both to charity), because your constant bickering last week about that bet was annoying as hell and took away from a lot of good discussion in that thread about the actual topic of the bet.

1. I will gladly give $100 to Evan's fund if we still make the playoffs at 12-1, 11-2, 10-3...And I really don't give a shit what Nigel does. I regret that he got let off the hook, with the stupid terms he offered.

2. Kiss my ass, Dad.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3