Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Martha ain't fucking around

+39
Izzo Court
duffy munn
MattyFresh
Three_Putt_Par
TheReal_LWS
Herbie Green
Triple Sparty
InTenSity
NigelUno
Rocinante
tTy
Tim Wakefield
Clarett's Folly
Death Roe
DWags
aualum06
The_Dude
steveschneider
Jake from State Farm
Other Teams Pursuing That
tanfan!
Rod Porkmore
GRR Spartan
SpartanInNH
kingstonlake
Wally Fairway
Heat Miser
Watch Out Pylon!
The Pantry
tGreenWay
Floyd Robertson
Dr. Strangelove
CheesySpartan
Travis of the Cosmos
By-Tor
WhiteBoyHatcher
CORNER BLITZ
Turtleneck
Nordic
43 posters

Page 5 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 25  Next

Go down

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Martha ain't fucking around - Page 5 Empty Re: tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Martha ain't fucking around

Post by Guest 2016-07-29, 20:42

To help Nordy rub one out tonight.....better than anything from Dendro so far.

Paula Pasche ‏@paulapasche 3h3 hours ago
#Lions owner Martha Ford (sunglasses) with daughter Sheila talks to Teryl Austin after today's practice.

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Martha ain't fucking around - Page 5 CokDO3CWcAAm5cN
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Martha ain't fucking around - Page 5 Empty Re: tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Martha ain't fucking around

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-07-29, 20:47

LooseGoose wrote:To help Nordy rub one out tonight.....better than anything from Dendro so far.

#Lions owner Martha Ford (sunglasses) with daughter Sheila talks to Teryl Austin after today's practice.

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Martha ain't fucking around - Page 5 CokDO3CWcAAm5cN

Is Sheila getting goosed?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-07-29, 20:50

Floyd Robertson wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:To help Nordy rub one out tonight.....better than anything from Dendro so far.

Is Sheila getting goosed?

Didn't notice that - but if she is she seems to be enjoying it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-07-30, 08:13

Goddamn - we gave a crybaby $50 Million.

Darius Slay cried when he heard the Lions' $50.2 million offer
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-07-31, 08:14

USA TODAY's NFL record predictions: Lions going 7-9, last in division
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2016-07-31, 13:03

LooseGoose wrote:USA TODAY's NFL record predictions: Lions going 7-9, last in division

Fuck USA Today.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-02, 08:29

Detroit Lions notes: Quandre Diggs knows his role; Alex Carter evaluated

And for Nordy another Martha pic.....
tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Martha ain't fucking around - Page 5 Co0EjmxXgAAVlzC
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2016-08-03, 00:14

https://www.google.com/amp/www.mlive.com/articles/19040559/matthew_stafford_frustrated_by.amp

"I wish not that many would be," he said Tuesday during a light-hearted moment in an interview with ESPN's 'Mike & Mike.' "It's kind of disappointing, honestly. We walk around, I see guys trying to find Pokemon in the hot tub or the cold tub or whatever that is. I have no idea what that is -- I don't have any social media or any of those apps or any of that kind of stuff -- but it's a disappointing amount.

"Too many for my liking, to tell you the truth."
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-08-03, 01:22

I'm trying to decide if I start the season cheering for the Lions or not. I gave up on them early in the season when it was clear they'd given up on themselves before 1/4 season was done. Problem is, I just couldn't find a team to adopt. Wife is from NE and wanted me to become a Pats fan. NFW. I think it's going to DET or nobody.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-03, 08:37

Column: Why the Anquan Boldin signing is looking like a good one for Lions
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-08-03, 08:51

tGreenWay wrote:I'm trying to decide if I start the season cheering for the Lions or not. I gave up on them early in the season when it was clear they'd given up on themselves before 1/4 season was done. Problem is, I just couldn't find a team to adopt. Wife is from NE and wanted me to become a Pats fan. NFW. I think it's going to DET or nobody.

I adopted the DET and nobody policy after the 2007 season. Finally decided after 40 years to call it quits and the timing obviously could not have been better. Stress-free Sunday afternoons. Probably have not watched more than five quarters per season since then. I highly recommend this approach to that sad franchise.

Doesn't mean I don't have a general sense of what's going on with Lions organization, but I bet I couldn't name more than five players on the roster anymore.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2016-08-03, 09:24

Floyd Robertson wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:I'm trying to decide if I start the season cheering for the Lions or not. I gave up on them early in the season when it was clear they'd given up on themselves before 1/4 season was done. Problem is, I just couldn't find a team to adopt. Wife is from NE and wanted me to become a Pats fan. NFW. I think it's going to DET or nobody.

I adopted the DET and nobody policy after the 2007 season. Finally decided after 40 years to call it quits and the timing obviously could not have been better. Stress-free Sunday afternoons. Probably have not watched more than five quarters per season since then. I highly recommend this approach to that sad franchise.

Doesn't mean I don't have a general sense of what's going on with Lions organization, but I bet I couldn't name more than five players on the roster anymore.

I watch and root for the Lions, usually on DVR or while napping. But I don't care if they lose and my day is not planned around their games (it was when younger). I lost caring interest after Barry retired. And more than that, lost most of my interest in the NFL to college football. NFL is background noise on Sundays.

Same with the Red Wings. I grew up watching/listening to every game. I remember shootin' pool with my old man in basement listening to Bruce Martyn on the radio.

Grew up on the Lions, Red Wings and Spartans. As I get older the less I care about the first two.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-03, 10:15

Nordic wrote:Grew up on the Lions, Red Wings and Spartans. As I get older the less I care about the first two.

I grew up on the Tigers - Lions - Red Wings - Spartans - Pistons. It quickly flipped to Spartans - Tigers - Lions - Red Wings - Pistons. I'm pretty much still there, I know the Lions will be a train wreck but I can't turn away.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2016-08-04, 21:27

Why William White, why jump the cross route.
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-04, 21:39

aualum06 wrote:Why William White, why jump the cross route.

lol, watching that game still makes me want to cry. So many blown chances.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-05, 08:00

Lions: Taylor Decker for LT, Riley Reiff for RT not set in stone
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-06, 12:42

Dave Birkett ‏@davebirkett 1m1 minute ago
ICYMI: Lions TE Eric Ebron carted off Ford Field with leg injury http://on.freep.com/2b2Ofa7 via @freep
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2016-08-06, 12:56

LooseGoose wrote:Dave Birkett ‏@davebirkett  1m1 minute ago
ICYMI: Lions TE Eric Ebron carted off Ford Field with leg injury http://on.freep.com/2b2Ofa7  via @freep

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Martha ain't fucking around - Page 5 Jesus-god-damn-mother-fucking-christ--25a71
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2016-08-06, 13:22

Don't sound like he is playing this year.
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-08-06, 13:27

Sorry he's hurt. Didn't follow most of last year--did he start contributing and learn to catch the ball?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-06, 14:44

Sounds ugly...

Justin Rogers ‏@Justin_Rogers 1h1 hour ago
Updated Ebron story with quotes from team's other tight ends and report it's an Achilles injury:

Lions' Ebron carted off field during team's mock game
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-07, 08:35

Column: Even by Lions' standards, Eric Ebron's injury tilts toward bizarre

Jay Lee, an undrafted rookie, leads Lions offense in mock game
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-07, 15:27

Supposedly the Lions have contacted no FA Tight Ends so this may be true....Wags? You've got the tightest end of all, have you heard from them?

Dave Birkett ‏@davebirkett 2h2 hours ago
One Lions player believes Eric Ebron came away with just a minor ankle injury yesterday. Still waiting on firm word.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-08, 11:04

Justin Rogers ‏@Justin_Rogers 4m4 minutes ago
The only new information we have about Ebron is he's walking, which while not providing answers, is a good sign.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-10, 10:19

Scouting Detroit: Adjusting to Life Without Megatron

Anthony Zettel shines vs. Steelers, fights for Lions roster spot
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-08-11, 06:42

I'm only posting this here because it's something to bitch about.

NFL Fan Base Rankings: Cowboys beat out Steelers, Packers fans for top spot

24. Detroit Lions

If you see a Lions fan this week, give them a hug because they probably if they've been cheering for Detroit their entire life. The Lions have the fewest playoff wins of any team during the Super Bowl era, which is pretty bad when you consider the fact that three of the teams (Jaguars, Panthers, Texans) didn't even exist before 1995 (2002 for the Texans). If Lions fans eventually give up on the team, you can't really blame them, Detroit has only won one playoff game since 1958.

There is no way Lions fans deserve to be ranked that low.

First, nothing of what was written about the Lions is inaccurate, but what the hell does the success (see: lack of) have to do with actual Lions fans?

Second, the fact that more than five people show up every week means they should easily be in the top 10.  As it is, published (and fraudulent)  attendence figures for 2015 show that Ford Field is filled to 94.4% of capacity.

Are they just calling Lions fans bad because they actually bother to show up?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-12, 19:03

High point of the season?

Stafford looks good warming up.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2016-08-12, 19:26

LooseGoose wrote:High point of the season?

Stafford looks good warming up.

Yep, fumbled away the first drive.
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-08-12, 19:43

Floyd Robertson wrote:I'm only posting this here because it's something to bitch about.

24. Detroit Lions

If you see a Lions fan this week, give them a hug because they probably if they've been cheering for Detroit their entire life. The Lions have the fewest playoff wins of any team during the Super Bowl era, which is pretty bad when you consider the fact that three of the teams (Jaguars, Panthers, Texans) didn't even exist before 1995 (2002 for the Texans). If Lions fans eventually give up on the team, you can't really blame them, Detroit has only won one playoff game since 1958.

First, nothing of what was written about the Lions is inaccurate, but what the hell does the success (see: lack of) have to do with actual Lions fans?

Second, the fact that more than five people show up every week means they should easily be in the top 10.  As it is, published (and fraudulent)  attendence figures for 2015 show that Ford Field is filled to 94.4% of capacity.

Yep. It's easy being a fan of teams who make the playoffs. It's amazing the lions sell out so many times. Loyal to a fault.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-08-12, 19:44

Nice job Orlovsky
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-08-12, 19:47

#7. Solid.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2016-08-12, 21:22

DWags wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:I'm only posting this here because it's something to bitch about.

Yep. It's easy being a fan of teams who make the playoffs. It's amazing the lions sell out so many times. Loyal to a fault.

My dumbass brother is flying in from California this fall to go to a Lions game. Why the eff he wants to do that is beyond me. I told him there's no way in hell I'd drive from St Johns to Detroit to watch the Lions get beat, let along flying 2/3's of the way across the country. He's a scUM grad so that helps explain it a little bit but wtf? Needless to say, I'm not going to the game with him. If I want to watch the Lions get beat I'll turn on the TV in the garage and work on something else at the same time so as not to waste a perfectly good fall afternoon.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-08-12, 21:25

Just go to the game guy - your fucking brother is in town.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-08-12, 22:37

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Just go to the game guy - your fucking brother is in town.

I agree with this.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2016-08-13, 05:25

Watching FSD replay. Rudock has a quick release and doesn't look half bad
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-08-13, 05:56

The Pantry wrote:Watching FSD replay. Rudock has a quick release and doesn't look half bad

He's going to be harder to replace than thought. He also had two bad throws last year, one over throw against Utah and one agains us where had he connected, michigans season would have been an OSU game away from magical.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2016-08-13, 08:13

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Just go to the game guy - your fucking brother is in town.

My brother is an asshole, well that's a given since he's a scUM grad. But to spend an afternoon with him? Not going to happen.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-08-13, 09:41

Billy Sims BBQ is opening a new location in Roseville today and signing autographs. DWags should head over there and get one.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-13, 10:22

Three Lions who helped, hurt themselves in Steelers preseason game

Detroit Lions — Ten things learned from preseason win over Steelers
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-08-13, 10:57

People on97.1 saying Ruddock should start over Stafford.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 25  Next