Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breaking News: MSU Spring Game-Related

+12
Tim Wakefield
The_Dude
Rocinante
WhiteBoyHatcher
Travis of the Cosmos
InTenSity
Vlad
Turtleneck
Watch Out Pylon!
Other Teams Pursuing That
DWags
Robert J Sakimano
16 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Breaking News: MSU Spring Game-Related - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking News: MSU Spring Game-Related

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-04-18, 12:59

Tim Wakefield wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:yep - on Grand River. The Tin Can is now open on Grand River, as well.

The Tin Can has been a nice alternative to the usual bars when the lines are long. Nice little place.

Where is this at?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Breaking News: MSU Spring Game-Related - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking News: MSU Spring Game-Related

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-04-18, 13:01

Tim Wakefield wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:yep - on Grand River. The Tin Can is now open on Grand River, as well.

The Tin Can has been a nice alternative to the usual bars when the lines are long. Nice little place.
they have a nice selection of cheap beers, for sure.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-04-18, 13:02

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Tim Wakefield wrote:

Where is this at?
I don't know.. on Grand River, just to the east (I think) of that one sandwich-y place.. forget what's it called. Near MAC.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2016-04-18, 13:16

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Where is this at?
I don't know.. on Grand River, just to the east (I think) of that one sandwich-y place.. forget what's it called. Near MAC.

East of Potbelly, yeah. Just past MAC if you're walking east on GR
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-04-18, 13:17

Tim Wakefield wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I don't know.. on Grand River, just to the east (I think) of that one sandwich-y place.. forget what's it called. Near MAC.

East of Potbelly, yeah. Just past MAC if you're walking east on GR
yeah but I was thinking about the place on the corner across from Potbelly.. forget the name of it.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-04-18, 13:18

Cosi! That's it!

(right?)

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-04-18, 13:24

Tim Wakefield wrote:

Is it like tin roof?
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-04-18, 13:26

...and as much as I'd like bob to autograph my favorite post, I will be at a bachelor party in nashville with some Ohio state grads. These dudes are all older than me, live and ohio, and married, so the lion's will be out of the cage this weekend !!
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-04-18, 23:54

gHost Spartan wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I'm actually not going, I ripcorded that and if the weather is nice I'm definitely going to EL. If not I will probably just watch it on TV. I'm really trying to convince the kid that we'll have more fun outside on campus than watching Curious George Live. If I can't get him to come around, his loss I suppose.
For us it's a big deal because we live in the desert. Just seeing grass, trees, flowers, and grey skies will be a nice break from the relentless sunshine and warm temps. Plus, I only get to see MSU once a year. Last year when I came back for the Oregon game I was in/out so quickly that I didn't even get to see Sparty. Total bummer. We're going to spend the day walking around, watching the game, and enjoying spring.

Had a good pep talk tonight. I think he's in.

I think my kid is going to grow up to be a Furry.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-04-19, 00:09

I might have a hard time with that gHost, I'm an angry old internet man who hates my life and couldn't hack it in Dallas.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-04-21, 08:24

bad news..

looks like the MSU athletic department will not be able to host the autograph/Q&A session. As I understand it, there were some issues with the anticipated crowds and they weren't able to provide security for the event.

so.. I'll still be around so feel free to stop and say "hello".. maybe give me a hug or something. Breaking News: MSU Spring Game-Related - Page 2 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-04-21, 08:46

Can you tailgate there? Or is it one of those deals where you just need to hang at your hotel and drink? Serious question, will tailgating be allowed? I've never tailgated at a spring game, not 100% sure I"m going, but I do have to go up there this weekend or next to start movign some shit around.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-04-21, 08:56

DWags wrote:Can you tailgate there? Or is it one of those deals where you just need to hang at your hotel and drink? Serious question, will tailgating be allowed? I've never tailgated at a spring game, not 100% sure I"m going, but I do have to go up there this weekend or next to start movign some shit around.
when I was working with the athletic department regarding the proposed autograph/Q&A session, we can across this:

• Fans are reminded that the “open container” ordinance will be enforced on campus and in parking lots for the spring football game

so it sounds like the traditional tailgate experience we so adore on autumn afternoons in the hallowed shadows of Spartan Stadium will not be an option.. but I suspect people could sit around and flip burgers behind their SUV if they want to.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-04-21, 09:08

DWags wrote:Can you tailgate there? Or is it one of those deals where you just need to hang at your hotel and drink? Serious question, will tailgating be allowed? I've never tailgated at a spring game, not 100% sure I"m going, but I do have to go up there this weekend or next to start movign some shit around.

I haven't since the tater gate a hundred years ago but I remember people posting on the old board that if you were fairly subtle and followed the red dixie cup route, no one would bother you.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-04-21, 09:16

here's my issue..

the 3:00 pm start time isn't the best for me, personally. It sort of collides with my regularly scheduled nap. So, since my wife is gone, I'll probably stroll down to campus, hit a bar or two, walk over to the game and then home for my nap later. It'll throw off my circadian rhythm, yes, but I'm (relatively) young and quite healthy. I should be able to handle it.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-04-21, 09:25

I'm just hanging at the hotel my wife secured for her and her friends for the weekend. Fuck it. I'll drink a bloody or two, call my kid, see if she wants to or even can meet for lunch, hang with my wife and her girlfriends for a bit, read my phone, Probably walk to the stadium, watch a bit, then either go home or move some of the kids shit.

Just in case anybody is interested in my day as Bob assumes they're interested in his day. I think we're both doing a public service by allowing you into our itinerary for saturday April 23rd, year of our lord 2016.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-04-21, 09:29

DWags wrote:I'm just hanging at the hotel my wife secured for her and her friends for the weekend. Fuck it. I'll drink a bloody or two, call my kid, see if she wants to or even can meet for lunch, hang with my wife and her girlfriends for a bit, read my phone, Probably walk to the stadium, watch a bit, then either go home or move some of the kids shit.

Just in case anybody is interested in my day as Bob assumes they're interested in his day. I think we're both doing a public service by allowing you into our itinerary for saturday April 23rd, year of our lord 2016.
you're a great American and your clothing collection assures me that you're a damn fine Spartan.. Breaking News: MSU Spring Game-Related - Page 2 969504605

(that reminds me.. what does one wear to the spring game? Do you have a shirt I can borrow? Probably a men's medium).

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-04-21, 09:36

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:I'm just hanging at the hotel my wife secured for her and her friends for the weekend. Fuck it. I'll drink a bloody or two, call my kid, see if she wants to or even can meet for lunch, hang with my wife and her girlfriends for a bit, read my phone, Probably walk to the stadium, watch a bit, then either go home or move some of the kids shit.

you're a great American and your clothing collection assures me that you're a damn fine Spartan.. Breaking News: MSU Spring Game-Related - Page 2 969504605

(that reminds me.. what does one wear to the spring game? Do you have a shirt I can borrow? Probably a men's medium).

I remember my kid describing you as "that scrawny guy in the Michigan shirt keeps looking at us". I float between large and extra large, depending on how fat I am. You'd swim in them. Just wear that Michigan shirt you had on in ElAz. That would grab people's attention and I believe that's what contrarians want isn't it?

Last edited by DWags on 2016-04-21, 09:38; edited 1 time in total
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-04-21, 09:36

Wags we have done it just keep it in other cups
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-04-21, 09:43

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:you're a great American and your clothing collection assures me that you're a damn fine Spartan.. Breaking News: MSU Spring Game-Related - Page 2 969504605

I remember my kid describing you as "that scrawny guy in the Michigan shirt keeps looking at us". I float between large and extra large, depending on how fat I am. You'd swim in them. Just wear that Michigan shirt you had on in ElAz. That would grab people's attention and I believe that's what contrarians want isn't it?
Breaking News: MSU Spring Game-Related - Page 2 502811600

thinkin' real hard... I think the only shirt I own with the word "Michigan" on it is a Drive By Trucker tour shirt from about 2009 that has all of the midwest dates/venues on the back.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-04-21, 09:53

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

thinkin' real hard... I think the only shirt I own with the word "Michigan" on it is a Drive By Trucker tour shirt from about 2009 that has all of the midwest dates/venues on the back.

Em, yeah, ok Bob. I'll let you keep that persona up.

OK guys, forget what my daughter said that day. TIA.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-04-21, 09:57

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: Breaking News: MSU Spring Game-Related - Page 2 502811600

does that mean you're dropping the charges? Breaking News: MSU Spring Game-Related - Page 2 2275418548
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-04-21, 09:59

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

does that mean you're dropping the charges? Breaking News: MSU Spring Game-Related - Page 2 2275418548

Only the one where you were wearing the Michigan Shirt and looking "Scrawny" to a 17 year old.

The rest I'm still pursuing.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-04-21, 10:00

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:does that mean you're dropping the charges? Breaking News: MSU Spring Game-Related - Page 2 2275418548

Only the one where you were wearing the Michigan Shirt and looking "Scrawny" to a 17 year old.

The rest I'm still pursuing.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-04-21, 11:02

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
DWags wrote:Can you tailgate there?  Or is it one of those deals where you just need to hang at your hotel and drink?  Serious question, will tailgating be allowed?  I've never tailgated at a spring game, not 100% sure I"m going, but I do have to go up there this weekend or next to start movign some shit around.  

I haven't since the tater gate a hundred years ago but I remember people posting on the old board that if you were fairly subtle and followed the red dixie cup route, no one would bother you.

I've tailgated in the Breslin parking lot for this game a few years ago. just pour your drink into a non-see through cup and you shouldn't get hassled is you're not acting belligerent.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DoogieHouser 2016-04-21, 15:42

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Breaking News: MSU Spring Game-Related - Page 2 Spartan-helmet-Green-150-pxls

Michigan State University Athletics
East Lansing, Michigan 48823

For Immediate Release:

The Michigan State University Department of Athletics would like to announce that it is with great excitement that we welcome the news that Robert J Sakimano will be in attendance at this year's spring football game. MSU Spartan football is coming off another successful season with a Big Ten Championship and an appearance in the college football playoff. While we always expect winning seasons and classroom excellence on the banks of the Red Cedar, an appearance by "Bobby Sak" at the spring game is a true cherry on top of the Spartan sundae.

When reached for comment, Bobby Sak indicated that his wife is out of the country and his daughter (sorry For bin) will be working Saturday so, to quote The Sak, "what the hell else am I gonna do"?

MSU is working diligently with Bobby to hopefully host an autograph session and potentially a Q and A with Mr. Sakimano. Discussions are in the preliminary stages but we have already confirmed that if the event does take place as we anticipate, no topics will be off limits. This includes discussions regarding Up North, free speech, the Blue Wall, his extensive collection of MSU apparel, and what living in East Lansing in the shadows of the hallowed walls and athletic cathedrals of Michigan State University means to the Sakimano family.

Please check back for updates and, in the meantime, GO GREEN!

Where are you sitting Bob? I'll come by and give you some noogies.
DoogieHouser
DoogieHouser
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-04-21, 15:54

DoogieHouser wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:Breaking News: MSU Spring Game-Related - Page 2 Spartan-helmet-Green-150-pxls

For Immediate Release:

The Michigan State University Department of Athletics would like to announce that it is with great excitement that we welcome the news that Robert J Sakimano will be in attendance at this year's spring football game. MSU Spartan football is coming off another successful season with a Big Ten Championship and an appearance in the college football playoff. While we always expect winning seasons and classroom excellence on the banks of the Red Cedar, an appearance by "Bobby Sak" at the spring game is a true cherry on top of the Spartan sundae.

When reached for comment, Bobby Sak indicated that his wife is out of the country and his daughter (sorry For bin) will be working Saturday so, to quote The Sak, "what the hell else am I gonna do"?

MSU is working diligently with Bobby to hopefully host an autograph session and potentially a Q and A with Mr. Sakimano. Discussions are in the preliminary stages but we have already confirmed that if the event does take place as we anticipate, no topics will be off limits. This includes discussions regarding Up North, free speech, the Blue Wall, his extensive collection of MSU apparel, and what living in East Lansing in the shadows of the hallowed walls and athletic cathedrals of Michigan State University means to the Sakimano family.

Hillary Clinton sucks!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-04-22, 08:54

DoogieHouser wrote:

For Immediate Release:

a Noogie from Doogie?

not sure, I'll probably just walk around and enjoy the sun.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-04-22, 09:09

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DoogieHouser wrote:

a Noogie from Doogie?

It's not a Grateful Dead concert, Bob. It's a football game.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-04-22, 09:29

Turtleneck wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:a Noogie from Doogie?

It's not a Grateful Dead concert, Bob. It's a football game.

it seems like a rather laid back affair, though.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-04-22, 10:41

I'm going to the game with my 85 year old Dad, my son and my 10 month old grandson. 4 generations. Will probably pitch the stroller next to gHost's in the Red Cedar.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-04-22, 11:12

duffy munn wrote:I'm going to the game with my 85 year old Dad, my son and my 10 month old grandson. 4 generations. Will probably pitch the stroller next to gHost's in the Red Cedar.

that's awesome.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-04-22, 12:52

duffy munn wrote:I'm going to the game with my 85 year old Dad, my son and my 10 month old grandson. 4 generations. Will probably pitch the stroller next to gHost's in the Red Cedar.

Babies need tickets
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-04-22, 13:11

Very cool. Definitely the family photo op. Hopefully you get some with the coaches.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-04-22, 13:47

DWags wrote:

Very cool. Definitely the family photo op. Hopefully you get some with the coaches.

Trying to keep Dad busy as he is now alone for the first time in 60 years. ( hope Tanner won the pool ). Not sure how long either the 10 month old or the 85 year will last at the game.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-04-22, 14:08

duffy munn wrote:
DWags wrote:

Trying to keep Dad busy as he is now alone for the first time in 60 years. ( hope Tanner won the pool ). Not sure how long either the 10 month old or the 85 year will last at the game.

If you call Cindy up at the office, you'll probably be able to get a photo op with CMD. Just let her know you have a four generation Spartan family coming to the game.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-04-22, 14:18

DWags wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

If you call Cindy up at the office, you'll probably be able to get a photo op with CMD. Just let her know you have a four generation Spartan family coming to the game.

Love Cindy and may just do that. Thanks Dwags.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-04-22, 14:25

Bob what kind of outfit are you going to wear to the game? Spartan Storm Trooper? Nacho Libre?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-04-22, 14:37

DWags wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

I just called Cindy up at the office and she hooked me up with a shirt. She's a really great person.

GO GREEN!
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-04-22, 14:40

steveschneider wrote:Bob what kind of outfit are you going to wear to the game? Spartan Storm Trooper? Nacho Libre?
I was going to wear a costume carefully stitched on the shores of the Bay of Campeche.. it was designed to honor both the Mexican heritage of the Gangsta from Guadalajara and my love of Spartan football..

but now I'm going to wear the shirt that Cindy hooked me up with.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next