Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just got the OK from the wife to buy an AR-15

+18
tGreenWay
Blanch32
tanfan!
DWags
TheReal_LWS
Cym Jim
Travis of the Cosmos
BleacherSwill
Watch Out Pylon!
I.B. Fine
Other Teams Pursuing That
duffy munn
Turtleneck
Rocinante
Vlad
The Pantry
Jake from State Farm
tTy
22 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Just got the OK from the wife to buy an AR-15 - Page 3 Empty Re: Just got the OK from the wife to buy an AR-15

Post by tGreenWay 2016-06-16, 15:12

LooseGoose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

You missed the point. The guy who wasn't armed did as much good and probably more than the armed guy hired to keep the club safe.

I guess I didn't look at it as a competition. I thought they both did good things in the face of evil. But I do understand that since the cop had a gun he needs to be slapped down a bit.

Not at all. The cop is one of the heroes of this terrible situation, but you know that. Your deflection tells me I got my point across. I hit my target, so to speak. Bullseye.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Just got the OK from the wife to buy an AR-15 - Page 3 Empty Re: Just got the OK from the wife to buy an AR-15

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-06-16, 15:13

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:me neither.. I have a better chance at getting struck by lightning than being killed by a scary brown person.

and, oddly enough - much like the Orlando shooting - a good guy with a gun couldn't protect me from getting killed by lightning, either.

I haven't been violated by brown people or shot by gun owners in 54 years.

I'm not worried.
I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-06-16, 15:14

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

I haven't been violated by brown people or shot by gun owners in 54 years.

I'm not worried.
I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Still not worried.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-06-16, 15:18

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Still not worried.
me neither.

though, if I'm in someone's thoughts and prayers.. that means that it's quite likely that they're some disturbed white person. Which is a potential cause for concern.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-06-16, 15:25

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

Still not worried.
me neither.

though, if I'm in someone's thoughts and prayers.. that means that it's quite likely that they're some disturbed white person. Which is a potential cause for concern.

Not worried. Brown people and gun owners are 0-54 years against me.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-06-16, 15:38

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
me neither.

Not worried. Brown people and gun owners are 0-54 years against me.
the only thing that can stop a bad guy with thoughts and prayers is a good guy with thoughts and prayers.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2016-06-16, 18:52

Just got the OK from the wife to buy an AR-15 - Page 3 Arson_10
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-06-16, 19:00

That is so fucking funny pantry. You are one funny guy. Has anybody ever told you that? Aw what am I saying of course they have. Because you, sir, are funny.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-06-16, 19:06

I got called out by Vlad for my opinion? Lol.

That's three haters I have, now.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-06-16, 19:23

The Pantry wrote:Just got the OK from the wife to buy an AR-15 - Page 3 Arson_10

In the most calm way as possible - go fuck yourself. 50 people dead. Again, fuck yourself. Can not wait until the older generations are off this planet.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2016-06-16, 19:30

Rocinante wrote:That is so fucking funny pantry. You are one funny guy. Has anybody ever told you that? Aw what am I saying of course they have. Because you, sir, are funny.
Thanks! You're too kind.

I can't take credit, though...pilfered the pic from an excellent BBQ forum.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2016-06-16, 19:37

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Just got the OK from the wife to buy an AR-15 - Page 3 Arson_10

In the most calm way as possible - go fuck yourself. 50 people dead. Again, fuck yourself. Can not wait until the older generations are off this planet.
wow. Do you use that tongue on your parents and grandparents?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-06-16, 20:09

1. If somehow think it is only "old people" that take gun rights seriously, you are 100% incorrect.
2. One day a 22 year old is going to say that about you.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-06-16, 20:54

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:In the most calm way as possible - go fuck yourself. 50 people dead. Again, fuck yourself. Can not wait until the older generations are off this planet.

And 200 more dead today.      The carnage continues every day.   90% of them shot using hand guns.   Seen any politicians grandstanding about that?   Nah.   There's no political capital in it.   They don't really want to do anything, they just want to be seen as "doing something" so young fools like you will be convinced how much they care.  

Ever see this map?

Just got the OK from the wife to buy an AR-15 - Page 3 Cdn-media.nationaljournal.com_

I would bet you just about any sum of $$ that "assault rifles" are more prevalent in the Red areas and hand guns are more prevalent in the Blue areas.   That's why you see Dems wanting to ban rifles while remaining strangely silent RE:Hand guns - trying to ban those might cost them votes by affecting many more of their constituents.  Yet, they have been successful in convincing you that they're sincere and truly care.   Pffffffffft.    

I'll believe any of them R or D are sincere about continuing to curb gun violence when they start talking about the weapons involved in 90% of it.   Until then, they're all blowhards.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-06-16, 20:56

Or maybe they stopped trying with handguns after the Heller and McDonald decisions.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-06-16, 21:04

Turtleneck wrote:Or maybe they stopped trying with handguns after the Heller and McDonald decisions.

Maybe, though I don't think I agree with that.   Is that really the profile in courage or good lawmaking?  Stop trying to regulate the type of weapon involved in 90% of gun violence and step up your efforts on the weapon used in 1-2%?  

I guess our politicians are stupid enough - personally I think it's that they're crass enough.   Rifles make for better visuals and offend fewer people.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-06-16, 21:12

Dearest goose,

Why do you think that they try to ban assault rifles instead of handguns? Do you have any thoughts? Cause it's actually quite obvious. And I'm sure you know the reason. It's really silly that you keep up that argument when the obviousness is slapping you in the face.

Love love,

Trav.

Ps. You're tilting so goddamn hard.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-06-16, 21:22

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Dearest goose,

Why do you think that they try to ban assault rifles instead of handguns? Do you have any thoughts? Cause it's actually quite obvious. And I'm sure you know the reason. It's really silly that you keep up that argument when the obviousness is slapping you in the face.

Love love,

Trav.

lol, not tilting at all. As I've said here many times I don't even own a gun anymore.

Because they look so darned mean.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-06-16, 21:23

LooseGoose wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Dearest goose,

Love love,

Trav.

lol, not tilting at all. As I've said here many times I don't even own a gun anymore.

Incorrect. Take another stab at it.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-06-16, 21:24

I'm sorry. That's rude this game im playing. I really don't mean to be like that.

It's because they can't. It's not an option. They are going for what they might be able to actually make happen to take a few guns off the street. At this point handguns is flat ridiculous.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-06-16, 21:24

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Incorrect. Take another stab at it.

Says you. I disagree.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-06-16, 21:26

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I'm sorry. That's rude this game im playing. I really don't mean to be like that.

It's because they can't. It's not an option. They are going for what they might be able to actually make happen to take a few guns off the street. At this point handguns is flat ridiculous.

But they didn't do that last time and aren't trying that this time. No guns were taken off the street.

Have you actually read the old AWB? It was a damned joke. All hat and no cattle. All show and no go. Etc, Etc.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-06-16, 21:48

LooseGoose wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I'm sorry. That's rude this game im playing. I really don't mean to be like that.

But they didn't do that last time and aren't trying that this time. No guns were taken off the street.

Have you actually read the old AWB? It was a damned joke. All hat and no cattle. All show and no go. Etc, Etc.

That's the thing. If they said "ban all guns" then they would be laughed at then voted out of office. And probably rightfully so at this point. They're going for what they can get. Anything further isn't an option. At this point.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-06-16, 22:14

The Pantry wrote:

wow. Do you use that tongue on your parents and grandparents?

If they were as big as an asshole as you - then sure. Good thing they are not.

Nothing like homophobic rednecks downplaying another mass shooting. Yay.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-06-16, 22:15

I don't think Pantry is a redneck, OTPT, but it's definitely a generational thing here.

Anyone downplaying this mass shooting is just straight up ignorant.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-06-16, 22:16

Government: Interviews Mateen 3 times for suspected ties to terrorism.

Government: Passes Mateen through background check for armed security license

Government: Passes Mateen through background check for employment with G4S, which handles national security contracts

Government: Passes Mateen through background checks for firearm purchases.

Lefty-types: THANKS NRA GUN NUTS WITH SMALL DICKS FOR RESTRAINING THE GOVERNMENT FROM DOING IT'S JOB!!! BACKGROUND CHECKS AND GUN BANS NOW!
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-06-16, 22:18

Death Roe wrote:I don't think Pantry is a redneck, OTPT, but it's definitely a generational thing here.

I'm actually tilting because I am so fucking sick of this bullshit. And for people to continue to play the same ole bullshit as goose does honestly sickens me. it's the same tired ass story that ends up being "well nothing we can really do" as dead bodies continue to pile up.

Oh, and Chicago!!!!!!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-06-16, 22:19

Yeah this thread makes me sad. I think I should have just avoided posting in it. What a moose of me!
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-06-16, 22:19

Death Roe wrote:I don't think Pantry is a redneck, OTPT, but it's definitely a generational thing here.

I'm actually tilting because I am so fucking sick of this bullshit. And for people to continue to play the same ole bullshit as goose does honestly sickens me. it's the same tired ass story that ends up being "well nothing we can really do" as dead bodies continue to pile up.

Oh, and Chicago!!!!!!

Then get mad at the people committing the crimes and those that support them instead of punishing people because you think they're apart of some social sub-class that you look down on.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-06-16, 22:21

Oh, and Chicago!!!!!!

What have you done other than throw a little hissy fit on a message board? The dead bodies are stacking up from Muslim terrorists, yet somehow they're never a part of your anger. Strange that.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-06-16, 22:24

Oh and now the Muslims are the only ones doing the mass shooting. Rich. Keep playing right into the stereotypes guys.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-06-16, 22:24

Aurora. Sandy hook. Black church.

MUSLIMS!!!!!!!!!! Freedom but not for others faiths!!!!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-06-16, 22:25

Pretty upset here OTPT. I lost my dad last year. It sucked. He was old. If you've lost a parent you know that. Careful what you wish for.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-06-16, 22:26

Chattanooga, San Bernadino, Garland, Orlando......

Yet you keep tilting at Christian NRA members......tell me the last mass shooting done by that combination?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-06-16, 22:28

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Aurora. Sandy hook. Black church.

LOL the guy claimed he wanted to be a martyr for ISIS and the Muslim state and somehow it's terrible to point that out?

Silly boy. Don't remember the shooters in any of your examples claiming the killings were done for a religion.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-06-16, 22:30

LooseGoose wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Aurora. Sandy hook. Black church.

LOL the guy claimed he wanted to be a martyr for ISIS and the Muslim state and somehow it's terrible to point that out?

Silly boy. Don't remember the shooters in any of your examples claiming the killings were done for a religion.

Victim hierarchy. Learn it, it's important to know in determining how someone who tends to lean on the low-testosterone side is going to react to any given situation based on where the individual falls on that hierarchy.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-06-16, 22:32

All the materials that caused this are perfectly legal for anyone to buy, no background checks or anything.

Just got the OK from the wife to buy an AR-15 - Page 3 74221-120-93CB883E

I'm sure that if we just ban legally purchased AR-15's, though, that any prospective jihadi will simply sulk out of the store and kick stones on the way to his car with his hands in his pocket when he's denied through a background check. No virgins for you, my friend! Better take up another hobby!
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-06-16, 22:42

DWags wrote:

Pretty upset here OTPT. I lost my dad last year. It sucked. He was old. If you've lost a parent you know that. Careful what you wish for.

I'm sorry to hear that d wags. Maybe if these older guys valued life as you did they wouldn't continue to downplay the lives that are lost in these shootings.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-06-16, 22:44

But "freedom" (with 8 asterisks) is more important than life as well.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-06-16, 22:45

And wags. It's going to happen. We all die. I know it's coming and it will suck.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next